5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I was wondering if I could get a bit of advice: I'm trying to C-gear abuse the IVs on a Carvanha egg.

Here are my parents:
Gyarados (M) Jolly
31/31/31/18/31/31

Carvanha (F) Lonely with Speed Boost (DW Ability)
1/31/31/30/25/31

I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA.

I know my SID and all that crud, I've C-gear RNG'd before; just for captures, not egg IVs.

I have a handful of questions I'd like answers for:
1- When using RNG Reporter, what do I pick under the Time Finder's method? Do I use "Method 5 (C-Gear seed)" combined with the encounter type "Gift Pokemon"? Or should it be something completely different?

2- I've heard that the RNG reporter calibrates the outputted frames when doing C-Gear seed calculations (for starting frame, anyways). Since the starting frame for eggs is 8, do I have to restrict my search to frame 8 and higher?

3- When putting my parents in the daycare, I know Power Items must be used to pass down certain IVs. How do I know which IVs I need to pass from which parent?

4- Am I allowed to give Gyarados an Everstone to increase the likelihood of a Jolly nature being passed?

5- Because Carvanha has a Dream World ability, does anything need to be changed from a regular procedure?

Anyone with experience in C-Gear seeds is strongly urged to assist me via VM, PM, or here. Preferably one of the former two.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so I RNGd my ID/SID.... but it appears to have backfired somewhere? I followed all the steps in the PDF guide, and got my desired ID/SID. However, it seems that it did not make my shiny frame 47. Another thing I noticed is for some reason when I re generated the initial IVs seed I used to start the ID process, it pushed all of my PIDs up by about 3.

I chose a TRUE ID/SID spread for the starter but when I entered in my ID/SID in the PID finder for the same seed I used to help RNG my ID, my lowest shiny frame was 8000 something instead of 47 which my ID combo was supposed to make it.
Anyone know what I did wrong here? I followed the guide miticulously.

Am I supposed to manually check which ID combos have low shiny frames? Because the guide lead me to believe the frame that is in the ID search is the frame that becomes shiny when you get that ID combo.

Ok so I RNGd my ID/SID.... but it appears to have backfired somewhere? I followed all the steps in the PDF guide, and got my desired ID/SID. However, it seems that it did not make my shiny frame 47. Another thing I noticed is for some reason when I re generated the initial IVs seed I used to start the ID process, it pushed all of my PIDs up by about 3.

I chose a TRUE ID/SID spread for the starter but when I entered in my ID/SID in the PID finder for the same seed I used to help RNG my ID, my lowest shiny frame was 8000 something instead of 47 which my ID combo was supposed to make it.
Anyone know what I did wrong here? I followed the guide miticulously.

Am I supposed to manually check which ID combos have low shiny frames? Because the guide lead me to believe the frame that is in the ID search is the frame that becomes shiny when you get that ID combo.
When you opened up Pandora's box and put the IV seed in, you put "47" in the Frame box right?

Can you post a SS of RNG reporter, both Pandora's Box and the main window with the IV seed.

Edit: Actually while you're at it can you post both seeds (The SID/ID and IV one).

When you opened up Pandora's box and put the IV seed in, you put "47" in the Frame box right?

Can you post a SS of RNG reporter, both Pandora's Box and the main window with the IV seed.

Edit: Actually while you're at it can you post both seeds (The SID/ID and IV one).
Unfortunately, my RNG Reporter froze up. I had it up for a day, and I was waiting for a person on another forum to help. I have the seed that it produced in pandoras box still on a word doc, but Im sure thats useless. I will just try it all again and see if I can get it to work. Sorry about that. For future reference though, how do I take a screen shot?

Unfortunately, my RNG Reporter froze up. I had it up for a day, and I was waiting for a person on another forum to help. I have the seed that it produced in pandoras box still on a word doc, but Im sure thats useless. I will just try it all again and see if I can get it to work. Sorry about that. For future reference though, how do I take a screen shot?
Press the 'Prnt Scrn' button then go in to a program like pain and cut out everything but what you want to show (like cut around the box of the RNG Reporter) then upload it to photobucket or another image hosting website then post it as an image here.

Press the 'Prnt Scrn' button then go in to a program like pain and cut out everything but what you want to show (like cut around the box of the RNG Reporter) then upload it to photobucket or another image hosting website then post it as an image here.
alright thanks

EDIT: just to clarify, the frame that is specified in Pandoras box (not the initial but the frame thats supposed to match the PID search) should be shiny after getting the correct ID/SID combo? Or should I plug those IDs in to PID search and double check before I start RNGing for it?

About to Egg RNG for a Shiny Reuniclus.. and my starting PIDRNG is 47, and the frame I'm meant to hit is 87. So when I start up the game etc, do I do 40 Chatters then recieve the egg?

About to Egg RNG for a Shiny Reuniclus.. and my starting PIDRNG is 47, and the frame I'm meant to hit is 87. So when I start up the game etc, do I do 40 Chatters then recieve the egg?
No, you first try to find your SSF. This is somewhat difficult if you are using an everstone.

To add on what above said:

Because there are interfering NPCs, your calculated starting frame is 47 but really when you pick up the egg after opening the menu, doing 1 chatter, and closing it, your PID frame will be roughly 50~55 instead of 48. You first have to figure out what that is, and then adjust.

You could do 40 if you want, but you will overshoot your target PID. Alos, don't forget to verify that you hit your seed after you get your egg so you use correct data.

alright thanks

EDIT: just to clarify, the frame that is specified in Pandoras box (not the initial but the frame thats supposed to match the PID search) should be shiny after getting the correct ID/SID combo? Or should I plug those IDs in to PID search and double check before I start RNGing for it?
Yes, it should. Whatever frame number you put it in Pandora's Box, along with the IV seed you enter should give you results of ID/SID combos that will be shiny on that specific frame (under wild encounters).

What I normally do is take whatever ID/SID is spitback to me from my search, plug it into RNG reporter with the IV seed I'm using just to verify if its correct, which it should be.

Yes, it should. Whatever frame number you put it in Pandora's Box, along with the IV seed you enter should give you results of ID/SID combos that will be shiny on that specific frame (under wild encounters).

What I normally do is take whatever ID/SID is spitback to me from my search, plug it into RNG reporter with the IV seed I'm using just to verify if its correct, which it should be.
Thanks alot for the input!

No, you first try to find your SSF. This is somewhat difficult if you are using an everstone.
What's my SSF?

To add on what above said:

Because there are interfering NPCs, your calculated starting frame is 47 but really when you pick up the egg after opening the menu, doing 1 chatter, and closing it, your PID frame will be roughly 50~55 instead of 48. You first have to figure out what that is, and then adjust.

You could do 40 if you want, but you will overshoot your target PID. Alos, don't forget to verify that you hit your seed after you get your egg so you use correct data.
Thank you for that info!

Shifted Starting Frame. Your starting frame for breeding seeds will be more or less be inconsistent so you need to figure out what your starting frame is for that particular egg.

Hit your seed, chat once, hatch the egg, take note of the nature, IVs and stuff. Repeat the process except this time chat twice, three times etc etc until you see a pattern on RNG reporter. Generally from my experience your SSF is between frames 50-55 on average.

ok i might have to RNG a shiny mew since nobody appers to have the one i want either that or they just dont wanna trade it which i get i guess... im guessing that this is the right thread for my questions. i am most likly out of my leauge here since iv NEVER rng. iv only kinda rng for pearl but only for shinys nature and ivs was too much for a bitch to do i keep messing up with the coin flips errrrrrrr whatever. basicly im RNGing in emerald. what am i going to need? a japan copy of emerald or english? im pretty sure japan for a shiny mew...what RNG thing do i download? ah so many questions......... my brain is starting to get all jummbled up. O.o which is why i dont rng in the first place. D:

If you can't RNG on B/W, don't even think about Emerald.

Edit: Not trying to sound rude or anything, just realistic. You're gonna have a bitchin' time trying to RNG there.

If you can't RNG on B/W, don't even think about Emerald.

Edit: Not trying to sound rude or anything, just realistic. You're gonna have a bitchin' time trying to RNG there.

well thats nice... -.-' but i dont really have a choice considering i cant get a mew i want. D: if anyone is willing to teach me that would be nice...

Like he said

B/W rng is pretty easy to pick up and do
DPPt is not that bad, it's doable but takes a little more work
Emerald doesn't have that many people who actually know how to do it compared to gen 4/5. The best option is find someone who can rng gen3, and offer them something.

Im having trouble hitting a Left+Down key press, and I was wondering if its even possible to do on DS's or should I just move on and find a better set of presses?

Im having trouble hitting a Left+Down key press, and I was wondering if its even possible to do on DS's or should I just move on and find a better set of presses?
I haven't had one like that yet but from experience I know that they will both register in games you can move diagonally so it should work but for this Idon't know. Are you sure it isn't the Timer0?

Yeah I thought it was like impossible for me too initially since I could never do it. Just keep practicing.

What I did was I put my fingers on the very edge of the directional buttons. Try that. And use both hands. After you press A quickly ninja both hands, one for each direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)