5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm receiving RNG instructions from Princess of Johto via VM's, but I guess she's busy right now so I'll ask here. In her last VM, she told me to:
Pick your game version and DS version. Then put in your DS MAC address.

My question is, how do I know what my game version and DS version is?? Also, where do you find your MAC address??

I'm receiving RNG instructions from Princess of Johto via VM's, but I guess she's busy right now so I'll ask here. In her last VM, she told me to:

My question is, how do I know what my game version and DS version is?? Also, where do you find your MAC address??
On the main screen, select nintendo wifi settings. Then select options, then system information and it would say the mac address.

Game Version = What game are you playing? Black or White? English or other language?
DS Version = DS Lite/Phat. Unless if you have something else, in which case you won't be able to standard seed abuse, which is what you're trying to do.

Mac Address, go under wifi options from the continue screen of your game. I'm sure you know where that part is. Mac Address is in there.

Also read the first post. It'll help you bunches too.

Your game version is either White or Black and then whatever language it's in. Your DS is either a phat or Lite if you are doing standard abuse. That should be the only option. You can find your MAC address in the same place that you set up wireless connections.

Holy underpants. I just got ninja'd.

Go to the main DS menu, write down the time you started the game at, enter the game (without ever turning the C-Gear on). Go into the world, catch a Pokemon as fast as you can without walking too much. Sweet Scent would be wonderful but not necessary. Just don't go above 128 steps.
Find the IV's of the Pokemon.

Take the time of the start of your game, and the IV's put it into RNG reporter's Parameter search.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Go to the main DS menu, write down the time you started the game at, enter the game (without ever turning the C-Gear on). Go into the world, catch a Pokemon as fast as you can without walking too much. Sweet Scent would be wonderful but not necessary. Just don't go above 128 steps.
Find the IV's of the Pokemon.

Take the time of the start of your game, and the IV's put it into RNG reporter's Parameter search.
On the DS startup screen (not the game startup screen) it doesn't show the number of seconds. It only shows the minute. Also, should I save my game in the area I want to catch the pokemon (with my sweet scent user) BEFORE I start up my game??

On the DS startup screen (not the game startup screen) it doesn't show the number of seconds. It only shows the minute. Also, should I save my game in the area I want to catch the pokemon (with my sweet scent user) BEFORE I start up my game??
It's pretty simple to read the seconds, it's like reading any normal analog clock...

Yes, in the area you're going to catch a mon. If you don't have access to an AR, would be best to catch it on the exterior of Victory Road. Easy peasy.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It's pretty simple to read the seconds, it's like reading any normal analog clock...

Yes, in the area you're going to catch a mon. If you don't have access to an AR, would be best to catch it on the exterior of Victory Road. Easy peasy.
I can guess at the second, but I probably won't get it exact. Anyways, I save my game in Victory Road, and then I just fly to wherever I'm going to catch my pokemon??

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Why fly anywhere?!
Save in the area where Pokemon are...
So, I save in the area I'm planning on catching my pokemon?? Also, I was told that I should be in an area where there aren't a lot of 'wandering NPC's'. They suggested Victory Road (I'm assuming outside of the cave where you fight Cheren).

So, I save in the area I'm planning on catching my pokemon?? Also, I was told that I should be in an area where there aren't a lot of 'wandering NPC's'. They suggested Victory Road (I'm assuming outside of the cave where you fight Cheren).
that top cave where Cheren stays is perfect.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay, I started my game at 20:32:00 (probably took a few seconds for the game to actually load) and I caught a boldore (took a few minutes to catch it, but found it right away). What do I do now??

Okay, I started my game at 20:32:00 (probably took a few seconds for the game to actually load) and I caught a boldore (took a few minutes to catch it, but found it right away). What do I do now??
You're asking a ton of questions. There are text and video guides on the first page (3rd post); Use them.

Also you probably didn't start your game at 20:32:00. That would require you to wait almost a full minute. Pay attention to the seconds hand on the clock and make note of when you press A to load the game cartridge.

You could just wait until Princess of Johto replys to you. Why post here?

Have there been any programs written that basically do what the "4th\5th Gen Shiny Egg" tab in RNG Reporter's "4th\5th Generation Time Finder" does, but are not limited to shiny Pokémon? As it is, if you're not looking for only a shiny Pokémon and you don't have flawless parents (the "Generic Method" in Sephirona's guide), the spread-finding procedure is quite a pain (pick 3 stats to set to 31 in the Time Finder, hoping that you picked a permutation of three 31s that gives a compatible spread on a low frame, copy/paste the resulting full seeds one-by-one into the main screen, then examine each spread in each seed to see if the inheritance is in the 3 stats that you did not set to 31 and if the inheritance is suitable given the IVs of the parents).

I would gladly write such a program myself (or at least attempt to), but I don't know how RNG Reporter obtains the seeds to examine and filter when you click "Generate" in the Time Finder, or how it gets the spreads to examine and filter when you click "Generate" on the main screen.

Damn, does anyone still have the picture on how to setup Researcher for PID%6? Because Kaph's post doesn't show it anymore.

0 Hardy
1 Lonely
2 Brave
3 Adamant
4 Naughty
5 Bold
6 Docile
7 Relaxed
8 Impish
9 Lax
10 Timid
11 Hasty
12 Serious
13 Jolly
14 Naive
15 Modest
16 Mild
17 Quiet
18 Bashful
19 Rash
20 Calm
21 Gentle
22 Sassy
23 Careful
24 Quirky

Well im having a weird problem...

I recently started doing RNGing again in black and white after not doing it since may and for some reason i cant RNG anything. Like when i try i either seem to miscount my advancements somehow or im not hitting my seed or something. Ive changed my parameters like 3-4 times already....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)