5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Not RNG Reporter's fault.
Then what do you suggest? RNG Reporter 9.81 works fine with it, not messing up at all, but all the versions after that have interacted badly with Norton. I can't see what else there could possibly be causing Norton to hate 9.93 except RNG Reporter itself.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I do not know Norton; I cannot tell you what would possibly would be causing it to react, and why it would ignore 9.81 but block 9.93. I am afraid I neither have the time nor is it my responsibility to investigate. Googling "Norton unblock programs" would be a good start.

I'm just wondering if you'd changed something in the way it runs or something. It says that it's acting suspiciously, so that's all I can imagine it is. Unfortunately, I can't change the settings in Norton because I don't have Administrator rights, so there's nothing I can do on my end.

The same thing happened to me. All you need to do is restore and turn off alerts for RNG Reporter. Works fine now.
I assume this requires Administrator rights on the account you're using? If not, could you explain further or provide a link to a page explaining further?

Also, I can no longer use version 9.81 because the window that pops up telling me about the 9.93 update so big that I cannot actually reach the yes/no buttons at the bottom of it, and so cannot fully open the program.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also, I can no longer use version 9.81 because the window that pops up telling me about the 9.93 update so big that I cannot actually reach the yes/no buttons at the bottom of it, and so cannot fully open the program.
Oof, sorry about that. I can't guarantee future RNG Reporter updates won't be big updates, but in the meantime... hit the Tab key once and then press Enter. That'll get rid of the window.

Thanks for that, at least I can keep on trying to RNG Victini while I wait for a release of RNG Reporter that doesn't hate Norton :)

I assume this requires Administrator rights on the account you're using? If not, could you explain further or provide a link to a page explaining further?

I'm doing this from my home computer. I downloaded Norton through my internet provider.

When the alert popped up saying something about RNG Reporter, I clicked on it and found the restore button. Then when the alert popped up about about CPU Usage, I just clicked the part where it said don't alert about this file. Pretty easy to fix actually.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Still can't do anything about that, as I don't go out of my way to make RNG Reporter "hate" Norton to begin with. All you can do now is track down whoever has Administrator rights on the computer you're on.

I'm doing this from my home computer. I downloaded Norton through my internet provider.

When the alert popped up saying something about RNG Reporter, I clicked on it and found the restore button. Then when the alert popped up about about CPU Usage, I just clicked the part where it said don't alert about this file. Pretty easy to fix actually.
Unfortunately I don't have any of those options, so I cannot perform that.

I guess I'll just have to carry on with 9.81 for now then.

Ooh, I think it may be just complaining about how new the file is.

Now that you've told me how to get past that annoying update window, I've found that 9.92 actually works now. I suppose if I just wait a couple of weeks I'll be abe to use 9.93 as well.

Thanks for your help with this! :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it normal to be off by two seconds when calibrating Entralink RNG for the first time (with EonTimer's default setting), or did I just do something horribly wrong?

Is it normal to be off by two seconds when calibrating Entralink RNG for the first time (with EonTimer's default setting), or did I just do something horribly wrong?
It's perfectly normal to be off by a few seconds (especially while calibrating). If you're using Sephirona's guide from the front post, there's a formula there to fix the seconds problem.

Just a heads up, Kaphotics's post on the first page contradicts it's self.
At first, it says that you can Standard Seed Abuse on a DSi/3DS, and then in the spoiler box it says you can't in big red letters.

Might want to fix that.

I do not know Norton; I cannot tell you what would possibly would be causing it to react, and why it would ignore 9.81 but block 9.93. I am afraid I neither have the time nor is it my responsibility to investigate. Googling "Norton unblock programs" would be a good start.
You can unblock it, the reason norton is blocking it is because the program is considered new and the number of people that have used it with norton is still low. Apparently, norton computers communicate with the same server and thats how it checks if a program is safe.

Okay, we don't need *that* much data. We just need enough data to show you where your techniques and\or assumptions are wrong and how to fix them.

Also note that NPCs are going to mess up your PIDRNG frame while you are not in the menu.
Yeah, I am aware. I spam click x after the loading the saved game, etc. I am fairly familiar with rng. It just seems like rng reporter has the pidrng wrong or something, but I can't see how thats possible. Anyhow. . . some sample data:

Seed: 95943C17AE5CCEAE
Version: White
Ctimer: C80
Everstone nature: Bold

I will just list the abilities as ability a and b since I don't know how to tell which ability is 1 or 2. I have just looked for the correlation with RNG reporter in the past to figure it out, but since there is none. . .

1st frame: Bold, male, ability A, hex flawless.
2nd frame: Bold, female, ability B, hex flawless.
3rd frame: Bold, female, ability B, hex flawless.
4th frame: Bold, female, ability B, hex flawless.
5th frame: Naive, male, ability A, hex flawless.

Okay I'm been trying to entralink RNG for some time now and I seem to hit a roadblock of sorts. Seem that no matter what I do I can't seem to find any results when using the "Search IVs" button within the Seed to Time window. I plug in the IVs asked for but I keep getting the no result error message. I know I'm not perfect at hitting the A button exactly on the second the timers end , but I seriously can't be that far off from the delay.

By the way does talking to the Pokemon, declining the offer to catch/move it into another area once and then talking to it again/capture = IV frame at 47?

It's most likely because you have min/max frame at 1-9. Make it wider. Usually, the starting frame for Entralink mons is 21 (It has been reported to be 8 sometimes) so make your range something like 21 to 50 or 40 or something.

Also, I know that talking to the entralink mon advances the IV frame (that's why the starting frame is 21) but I'm not sure by how much it advances, so I'm not sure if you could reach 47 that way.

Edit: Actually, since your target frame is 47, make it 21 to 60 or 70 or something like that. But if I were you I would pick a seed with a lower frame. That one at frame 24 isn't so bad. All you have to do is bring 3 pokemon and walk 128 steps.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

Umm, is it just me, or does this also happened to anybody?
Why is the Min/Max frame typebox overlapping each other? :/
And yeah, this is 9.93.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro

Umm, is it just me, or does this also happened to anybody?
Why is the Min/Max frame typebox overlapping each other? :/
And yeah, this is 9.93.
It's just you. Your fonts are different from everybody else's, so all the text is a different size. And the positioning of the text box was dependent on that.

I'll get in touch with you about testing a possible fix, because that's not the font on my system.

Okay I'm been trying to entralink RNG for some time now and I seem to hit a roadblock of sorts. Seem that no matter what I do I can't seem to find any results when using the "Search IVs" button within the Seed to Time window. I plug in the IVs asked for but I keep getting the no result error message. I know I'm not perfect at hitting the A button exactly on the second the timers end , but I seriously can't be that far off from the delay.

By the way does talking to the Pokemon, declining the offer to catch/move it into another area once and then talking to it again/capture = IV frame at 47?

You can hit 47. Talk to the Pokémon once, decline the battle and do not move it to the inner forest. Every time you do that, the IV frame will advance by 26.

I'm having trouble with Thundurus again. I know I'm hitting my seed, but I'm pretty sure my timer0 (C7E) is fluctuating because I almost never get the IVs I want when I catch the Thundurus.

Would anyone be able to tell me my other timer0 value and search some seeds for me to see if those would work better? I'd do it myself, but I'm obviously saved inside the house and can't do anything.

Please help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)