5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Most games can hit multiple Timer0 values; it's possible that the one you got when you found your parameters was the less common one. It's also common for DSi to have an actual seconds of 3, so maybe yours is close to the line and you're hitting the wrong one. Use the adjacent seed tool and see if the IVs match any of the adjacent Timer0s or seconds.

Um... could you explain a bit more please? I'm a little confused as to how to set this up, mainly as to what the 'Seconds +/-' refers to, and what I should do if the IV's DO match (the IV's I check this with are the ones of the Pokemon I caught, not the one I calibrated with? And is the Date\Time at the top the time of what I caught, or the time with which I calibrated?).

EDIT:

I think I've figured it out. Turns out I was consistently... hitting it one second early. Slow clap.

EDIT2:

Hooray! I got a Relaxed Swellow... Useless, but at least it had the exact stats I wanted. The system works.

I've been having some trouble with timer0 lately, I had an old DS lite that was working but it died on me so I got a replacement from a Gamestop and now timer0 continues to shift between C7E and C7F. Thing is, when I calibrate it, C7E is more common but for some reason on some seeds C7F is way more common and I'm really getting irritated because when I find a seed w/ my spread I keep getting the wrong IV's because I'll hit the wrong timer0 repeatedly, then when I go back to the reporter to find another seed with the opposite timer0 the same thing occurs.

Does anyone know whether timer0 is specific to my copy of the game or the DS system?If it's the system I might try making an attempt on my 3DS though I've heard its harder to use them because they have greater offsets and you have to use a stylus to set the time.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've been having some trouble with timer0 lately, I had an old DS lite that was working but it died on me so I got a replacement from a Gamestop and now timer0 continues to shift between C7E and C7F. Thing is, when I calibrate it, C7E is more common but for some reason on some seeds C7F is way more common and I'm really getting irritated because when I find a seed w/ my spread I keep getting the wrong IV's because I'll hit the wrong timer0 repeatedly, then when I go back to the reporter to find another seed with the opposite timer0 the same thing occurs.

Does anyone know whether timer0 is specific to my copy of the game or the DS system?If it's the system I might try making an attempt on my 3DS though I've heard its harder to use them because they have greater offsets and you have to use a stylus to set the time.
Basically your system and what version of the game you have should alter the Timer0. I can suggest that you attempt to use Eon Timer in Gen V standard mode to start the game for more consistent results. 3DS abuse is nearly as easy as DS, just make sure you know seconds values are off by 3 instead of 1 and a timer is still recommended.

ok!! thanks to bond697, who fixed the code to view the vcount and the timer0, now I know that they are respectively 6B and DEC. now my searches will be very faster.

edit: guys O.o
I found the strangest parameters ever:

actual seconds: +9
vcount: 6D (it found it even if I put the range as 6B in both min and max)
timer0: D8D
gxstat: 0 (is this normal?????)
vframe: A4

the difference between the timer0 I found with the code and the one I found with the RNG reporter is 5F. quite a lot.
I quote myself because I still need help.
after I found those parameters, I cannot find anything anymore. I set everything right, I use the cheat codes to know the first half of the seed, the vcount and the timer0, so I can search faster, and it finds nothing.
I'm starting to believe that the victory roads' exit is not the best place to find the parameters anymore.
these are the ranges I use:

seconds: x - x+12
vcount: 50 - 90 (the code says "6B")
timer0: C00 - 1000 (the code says DEC most of the times)
gxstat: 0 - FF
vframe: 0 - FF

where could the problem be?

p.s. I'm using a cyclods evolution, for those who didn't read my previous posts. am I really the only one here?

Ugh... I'm terrible at rng abuse, whatever I learn, I forget. Anyway I downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha. I'm trying to do a simple parameters search on my retail Black 2. So I saved in front of Cresselia, and input my game, Mac Address, and DS type (lite). I took note of the exact time I launched the game. C-gear off, and immediately engaged Cresselia in battle. I caught her with a master ball, then checked her IVs.. I clicked on the big search button, and it didn't find anything. How far away am I from doing things correctly?

I have a problem on B2...
I found my exact parameters on emulator, and I can RNG very well the IVs, but the PIDRNG frame seems to be "crazy" and advances alone, also when I'm still, and it's impossible for me to try to RNG the PID. Someone has my same problem?
Thanks for any answer! :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have a problem on B2...
I found my exact parameters on emulator, and I can RNG very well the IVs, but the PIDRNG frame seems to be "crazy" and advances alone, also when I'm still, and it's impossible for me to try to RNG the PID. Someone has my same problem?
Thanks for any answer! :)
I don't have the game, nor do I know what pokemon you're trying to RNG but it looks like wandering NPCs could be the problem, if the advances are quite a lot, maybe there's an active weather? Try finding yous shifted starting frame and you should be good to go. I guess ^^'

I don't have the game, nor do I know what pokemon you're trying to RNG but it looks like wandering NPCs could be the problem, if the advances are quite a lot, maybe there's an active weather? Try finding yous shifted starting frame and you should be good to go. I guess ^^'
I'm trying to RNG a shiny kyurem, in his map there isn't any NPC, and there isn't any weather that can advance the frame. I have a lua script that shows the exactly PIDRNG frame, and it is in costant advance when I'm in game and when I don't do anything at all...

An error with RNG Reporter and an idea for a future version

First, RNG Reporter 9.95 seems to have trouble when breeding for a specific gender. More precisely, when the desired pokemon is going to inherit its nature from a Ditto parent, it seems to come up either with male pokemon when listed as male or female, separately, or with female pokemon when listed with as male or female, separately. That is, it says that a pokemon with "perfect" stats that you are looking for a male egg of is male, but you actually get female. It's problematic.
Second, I would love to see a Hidden Power type/power search function in both the "Capture" and "Egg" portions of Time finder in the future. That would be very useful.

I've been trying to get a Virizion with HP Ice and 31/X/30/31/31/31 IVs, using just standard seed RNGing. I've done all the steps, and eventually, got the IVs I wanted but with the wrong nature (Rash instead of Timid). I tried again and again, and kept getting the same nature. Additionally, the unsucessful attempts (which were either off by a second or had wrong Timer0) also had kept their nature + IVs. I tried saving the game, didn't work, I tried leaving the area, battling a few pokemon, then saving and that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

For reference, my target seed and DS parameters:

And just to confirm, I am on a DSi, I do hold X when the game boots, I hard reset and the Timer0 range is correct.

@Mastadi

Paste the full seed to main window of RNGReporter and select Gen 5 PIDRNG and set encounter type as stationary. Press calculate initial PIDRNG frame and start to look for the frame you actually hit. It's probably very close to initial PIDRNG frame if you didn't do any frame advances.

I'm trying to RNG a shiny kyurem, in his map there isn't any NPC, and there isn't any weather that can advance the frame. I have a lua script that shows the exactly PIDRNG frame, and it is in costant advance when I'm in game and when I don't do anything at all...
Is the C-Gear on maybe?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Ugh... I'm terrible at rng abuse, whatever I learn, I forget. Anyway I downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha. I'm trying to do a simple parameters search on my retail Black 2. So I saved in front of Cresselia, and input my game, Mac Address, and DS type (lite). I took note of the exact time I launched the game. C-gear off, and immediately engaged Cresselia in battle. I caught it with a mater ball, then checked it's IVS. I clicked on the big search button, and it didn't find anything. How far away am I from doing things correctly?
Firstly, double check all your information. Secondly, expand your search parameters. Finally, keep trying. You'll get it.

RNG Reporter crashes every time I click try to open any encounter slot list. It does on .96 and it did on the previous version too. Since this is the case, does anyone know of an online encounter slot list for White 2?

Also, I haven't even beaten the first gym in White 2. I've been calibrating and whatnot. I'm pretty much ready to go now, although disappointed with these drifting Timer0s. I'm about to reset, but I noticed at least in the first two towns and surrounding areas there aren't any places to RNG anything without Randomly Moving NPCs. Does anyone who has gotten any farther in either game know of any good places with no RMNPCs? Are there any good pokecenters with no RMNPCs to RNG wondercards? How about caves or routes for wild mons? I assume Hidden Hollows are empty.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
RNG Reporter crashes every time I click try to open any encounter slot list. It does on .96 and it did on the previous version too. Since this is the case, does anyone know of an online encounter slot list for White 2?

Also, I haven't even beaten the first gym in White 2. I've been calibrating and whatnot. I'm pretty much ready to go now, although disappointed with these drifting Timer0s. I'm about to reset, but I noticed at least in the first two towns and surrounding areas there aren't any places to RNG anything without Randomly Moving NPCs. Does anyone who has gotten any farther in either game know of any good places with no RMNPCs? Are there any good pokecenters with no RMNPCs to RNG wondercards? How about caves or routes for wild mons? I assume Hidden Hollows are empty.
When you click on it in reporter it opens http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite2.html in your default browser. No idea why it would crash on you.

Further in the game I believe there are a few places you could do wonder cards. There also are a few routes without wandering NPCs. I plan to make a list after I finally finish my game.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
When I click that link it gives me an error page, but when I take the l off the end of it it takes me to the white 2 encounter list.

http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite2.html

vs

http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite2.htm

Oh, and definitely thanks for all the work you put into this boss.

[edit]
lol I'm such an RNG noob.

I shot for this easy, shiny, HP I 70, synchable, ID/SID for my JPN White 2. It was supposed to start on F30 and my target was 34. Reset one time, no advancements for calibration. Input my ID to see how far off I was.

lol I hit it on the first try with no advancements.

Firstly, double check all your information. Secondly, expand your search parameters. Finally, keep trying. You'll get it.
SO I tried it again, same thing. How do i expand my search parameters, everything is default, and I don't know what to change.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
There are max and min boxes. Make the maxes larger and the mins smaller to expand the range it searches.

There are max and min boxes. Make the maxes larger and the mins smaller to expand the range it searches.
Expanding it didn't work, so I tried it again, but with Heatran. Same Iv's and nature, but it did generate a result.

Btw I hear a lot of people complaining about timer0. Could that have somehow affected me? What is it anyway?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That's probably exactly what affected it.

I'm having a problem with the time finder in .96. I searched for, and found, several seeds that would give me HP I 70 IVs on Frame 1 in my JPN White 2. Unfortunately, I just now noticed that each of the results yields HP I 70 IVs on Frame 3.

I've checked each of the results. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to find Frame 1 IVs in Time Finder?

I'm going to try abusing for a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Latios (tch, who needs hidden power?). Is there anyting I need to have in my party like Chatot, or Synchronize, or Cute Charm? I don't want to geuss anything, because I'll probably mess up.

Edit: I'm also trying to search for frames. I clicked on 5th gen timefinder loaded my profile, input ivs and nature. Chose method as standard seed, and type stationary. I clicked on search,, and the bar appears for a few seconds, does nothing, then just disapears. Why isn't it working? Is it a bug in rng reporter 9.96, did I input values wrong, or is it because my computer is old? (Don't answer that question with yes.)

Edit 2: It seems to have stopped, and I brought Chatot, and my Synchronizer just in case.

RNG Timers

Does anyone know if there is an RNG timer that just counts the time on your DSi/3DS? By this I mean one where you can set the time of the timer to the time you are setting your DSi/3DS to for RNG abuse, just clicking the timer with your mouse at the same moment you set your DSi/3DS. If anyone knows of a timer like that, instead of a countdown timer, could you please post a link? If not, I think such a timer would be very beneficial to RNG abuse in the future, when pokemon games are all on 3DS and therefore have no timer being shown on the top screen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)