5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi, I just wanted to post some feedback on an error either with RNG reporter 9.95 Beta or 9.96 Alpha 15. I didn't really know where to go, so I thought posting here was my best shot.

I'm having a slight inconsistency with the two versions, of which I think is the Alpha's fault.

In this scenario it is BW International breeding without a ditto. You can clearly see that the frames in the Alpha are one ahead on everything.

Alpha on the left, beta on the right.

If this isn't the right place to post this, I'd appreciate the information be passed on to whomever requires it. Thanks =)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi, I just wanted to post some feedback on an error either with RNG reporter 9.95 Beta or 9.96 Alpha 15. I didn't really know where to go, so I thought posting here was my best shot.

I'm having a slight inconsistency with the two versions, of which I think is the Alpha's fault.
Actually 9.95 beta was off by one frame. That has been fixed in 9.96 alphas so now it matches the same results as PPRNG gives you. If you notice all the information is the same it's just off by one frame. The cause of this is that reporter used to always do the check for the species of Nidoran/Illumise/Volbeat breeding which the game only does while you're actually breeding with one of them.

Hi does anyone know if piplup with move sing given over wifi on black-White 2 can be shiny. And does latest rng reporter alpha support wondercard abuse

Alright Slash, thanks for replying. =) I just wanted to make sure the Alpha didn't have a problem with it, as it's constantly being messed around with heavily coding-wise (at least I expect it to be). I'm glad it was a bug that was previously fixied!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Hi does anyone know if piplup with move sing given over wifi on black-White 2 can be shiny. And does latest rng reporter alpha support wondercard abuse
It can't be shiny.
The latest alpha does not have proper Wondercard support but you should be able to do it anyway. It might just be off by 2 frames or something like that.

EDIT: Looks like it actually does support Wondercards perfectly. Go to somewhere like Nimbasa City where there's no NPCs and you can do it perfectly fine on the first try.

It can't be shiny.
The latest alpha does not have proper Wondercard support but you should be able to do it anyway. It might just be off by 2 frames or something like that.

EDIT: Looks like it actually does support Wondercards perfectly. Go to somewhere like Nimbasa City where there's no NPCs and you can do it perfectly fine on the first try.
Do you use the GLAN Wondercard method in time finder for this Piplup since the gender is set?

Would it be possible, since breeding is messed up in BW2, to trade BW2 parents over to BW1 and rng breed the mon you wanted?

It's been a while since I last Entralink RNGed, and I've lost my calibration values, so I'm trying to hit the desired IVs at the moment. I'm currently using -80 for Calibration and 356 for EL Calibration. However, I can't find the delay I'm hitting. I've expanding the search parameters (even to +/- 9999, +/-9 and Min 21/Max 40), yet still nothing is found. :/

Would it be possible, since breeding is messed up in BW2, to trade BW2 parents over to BW1 and rng breed the mon you wanted?
Of course.

It's been a while since I last Entralink RNGed, and I've lost my calibration values, so I'm trying to hit the desired IVs at the moment. I'm currently using -80 for Calibration and 356 for EL Calibration. However, I can't find the delay I'm hitting. I've expanding the search parameters (even to +/- 9999, +/-9 and Min 21/Max 40), yet still nothing is found. :/
I think there was a possibility, that you starting frame is 8. If that's not the case, just check your DS has the right date.

I think there was a possibility, that you starting frame is 8. If that's not the case, just check your DS has the right date.
I've searched frames 1-40 multiple times, and I'm still not getting any results. D:

EDIT: I used 9.95 and it found the seed 9.96 Alpha 12 found, however, Seed To Times gives different results. My parameters are entered the same in both versions of RNG Reporter, afaik (I've Gen V standard abused just fine in 9.96). I'm going to try Entralink abuse with 9.95 instead.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
I've searched frames 1-40 multiple times, and I'm still not getting any results. D:

EDIT: I used 9.95 and it found the seed 9.96 Alpha 12 found, however, Seed To Times gives different results. My parameters are entered the same in both versions of RNG Reporter, afaik (I've Gen V standard abused just fine in 9.96). I'm going to try Entralink abuse with 9.95 instead.
Try posting pictures of both if you can. If it's a bug I want to fix it asap.

At what point is the IVs and nature of a hidden hollow pokemon generated? Is it right when you talk to it, or are they generated when the hollow is populated.

It looks like I need to wait to get the details of how to RNG the hollow population, but if anyone has it figured out let me know so I can start making these new hidden abilities available.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At what point is the IVs and nature of a hidden hollow pokemon generated? Is it right when you talk to it, or are they generated when the hollow is populated.

It looks like I need to wait to get the details of how to RNG the hollow population, but if anyone has it figured out let me know so I can start making these new hidden abilities available.
Species and gender are determined when it's populated, IVs and nature are generated when you talk to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)