5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok, I've finally got my parameters and managed to RNG my ID/SID combination for some good shiny spreads.

Anyway, now I wanted to get my perfect starter but I don't seem to understand how to conciliate the PIDRNG seed with the IV spread seed, since they're supposed to be hit at different timings. I'd be grateful if someone could just explain me how that works.
Timings? If you're right at the beginning of the game (which I assume you are seeing as you're going on about your starter) then you can't possibly have the C-Gear yet, which is the only one that would mess up either of the RNGs.

Plus, the PIDRNG and IV RNG both use the same seed, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

To RNG them, just get it on the right date, then save the appropriate number of times to advance your PIDRNG to the right frame, then choose your starter. Should really be as simple as. Make sure you have your encounter type in the time finder set to Gift Pokemon. If you're going for shiny pokemon, make sure you have "Search for nearby shiny frames" checked, make sure you define what IVs you want and what nature you require as well. Also, I reccommend you set your keypresses to at least two, it will provide you with an easier time of finding good frames within a certain date.

Timings? If you're right at the beginning of the game (which I assume you are seeing as you're going on about your starter) then you can't possibly have the C-Gear yet, which is the only one that would mess up either of the RNGs.

Plus, the PIDRNG and IV RNG both use the same seed, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

To RNG them, just get it on the right date, then save the appropriate number of times to advance your PIDRNG to the right frame, then choose your starter. Should really be as simple as. Make sure you have your encounter type in the time finder set to Gift Pokemon. If you're going for shiny pokemon, make sure you have "Search for nearby shiny frames" checked, make sure you define what IVs you want and what nature you require as well. Also, I reccommend you set your keypresses to at least two, it will provide you with an easier time of finding good frames within a certain date.
I wasn't trying to use C-Gear, I should have written "times" rather than "timings". Anyway, my problem was finding how much I'd have to advance the PIDRNG since when I searched for natures alone I wouldn't get any coincidental time/date with when I searched for IVs. I understood I'd just have to use the seed I had found for the IV spread to calculate the PIDRNG so all is well now.

Thanks for your help anyway, though^^

Question:

Is there any way we could have some more tutorials/information/other things programmed into RNG Reporter that aren't web-based? It'd be nice to have things like Pokemon frames, encounter tables, and things included into a help file or something when you're offline. Also, some of the things like frames for the 5th Gen among other questions are not totally readily available. It'd certainly cut down the size of this thread if this stuff is implemented and save people time.

-James

guys in BW2 i know that the higher level the pokemon you catch the better results in finding your parameters.but where is the closest place to find a suitable pokemon after starting a game(without playing much) so that i can reset and rng ID SID.

thx.

If you're looking to RNG for your ID/SID then it's going to have to be with the very first pokemon you obtain seeing as the ID/SID differs each time you start a fresh game. I'm not exactly familiar with what pokemon are obtainable early in B2/W2 but with the starter you obtain you should be able to get a rough estimation of its IVs, which would technically be enough to do parameters searches and enable you to RNG your ID/SID.

It would take a lot of time, and you'd certainly have to persevere with the wide IV ranges you'd be getting, but to get a good ID/SID combo that you know would certainly be worth it.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
guys in BW2 i know that the higher level the pokemon you catch the better results in finding your parameters.but where is the closest place to find a suitable pokemon after starting a game(without playing much) so that i can reset and rng ID SID.

thx.
If you're looking to RNG for your ID/SID then it's going to have to be with the very first pokemon you obtain seeing as the ID/SID differs each time you start a fresh game.
No. Start a game, play through the first gym to get access to the GTS, catch a poke for calibration and get its exact IVs using a service such as PokeCheck. Do a parameter search with those IVs to get your parameters. Then, erase your save and start a new game after finding a seed for your desired ID/SID.

Should take 1-2 hours tops to get to point of attempting to hit your seed for the desired ID/SID.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Question:

Is there any way we could have some more tutorials/information/other things programmed into RNG Reporter that aren't web-based? It'd be nice to have things like Pokemon frames, encounter tables, and things included into a help file or something when you're offline. Also, some of the things like frames for the 5th Gen among other questions are not totally readily available. It'd certainly cut down the size of this thread if this stuff is implemented and save people time.

-James
Black encounter slots and White encounter slots. Presumably you can just save the page to your desktop to use when you're offline.

No. Start a game, play through the first gym to get access to the GTS, catch a poke for calibration and get its exact IVs using a service such as PokeCheck. Do a parameter search with those IVs to get your parameters. Then, erase your save and start a new game after finding a seed for your desired ID/SID.

Should take 1-2 hours tops to get to point of attempting to hit your seed for the desired ID/SID.
Oh thats a great idea.thx alot both of u.

Oh thats a great idea.thx alot both of u.
Or maybe you can do that by seeing your ID right after you start the game.
The Japanese program seedparamsearch2 ver1.01 may do this for you.

You don't even need to delete your save, just start a new game(which it won't let you save) at any time and look at your id, key in that id and some other information and you'll find your parameters.
I do that in approx. 3mins so its extremely useful when you're RNGing BW2 coz that trolling multiple timer0s

^cool thats awsome.. thx...
but thats in japanese. i dont know which goes where.any english labeled picture of that programme?

I've been trying to find my DS parameters for Black 2 (R4) but I just don't get any results no matter how many times I try. I use RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha and a DS Lite. I checked the MAC address just in case but it's correct. I had no problems doing this for Black and White but Black 2 is driving me nuts by now x_x

Is it possible it's because I'm using an R4? I even changed tried adding 10 seconds to the min/max thing but to no avail.

^cool thats awsome.. thx...
but thats in japanese. i dont know which goes where.any english labeled picture of that programme?
Sure.

The parameters in the middle are:
VCount: 82-82
Timer0: 1102-1108(Black 2) OR 10f6-10fb(White 2)
Frame: 6 for DSLite, 8 for Original DS(& some of the earily-made DSL too. Mine is one, lucky enough huh)
GxStat: 6000000

Now here's my quetion:
I've tried to use RNG reporter 9.96 alpha 15 to catch a Shiny Kyurem with the exact IV spread I want so I assume the program works fine.

However when it comes to catching Volcarona the whole thing fu_ked up:
No chatter pattern matched near the 20 next frames, for 200 times. WTF. I've hit the right seed but still I don't think it would be a Timer0 trolling...So now

1.Is there any significant pattern of how Timer0 changes? Or is there any Timer0 that would be more "popular" than others? I'd like to stick to any of these.
2.Is the breeding mechanism totally changed against BW1?
I've heard reports that the IVs & Genders etc. are determined when you give the parents to the Day-Care Lady instead of by the time you get the egg.

Thanks!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
B/W2 breeding is not only different but buggy. As in the first egg after boot/SR has a fixed nature(everstone chance)/inheritance/ability(DW ability), which can only be changed by starting a new game. Since there is absolutely no real reason to breed in B/W2 stick to B/W1 for that.

B/W2 breeding is not only different but buggy. As in the first egg after boot/SR has a fixed nature(everstone chance)/inheritance/ability(DW ability), which can only be changed by starting a new game. Since there is absolutely no real reason to breed in B/W2 stick to B/W1 for that.
Got that. Thanks Hozu.
But just to ask... will RNG Reporter add BW2 Breeding mechanisms in any foreseeable versions?
Also, can somebody help me out the Stationery Pokes? I just feel a bit flawed if I can't get good spreads of them(though I won't use them anyway lol) and because of this I've stopped playing my B2 for a while already:pirate:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Got that. Thanks Hozu.
But just to ask... will RNG Reporter add BW2 Breeding mechanisms in any foreseeable versions?
Also, can somebody help me out the Stationery Pokes? I just feel a bit flawed if I can't get good spreads of them(though I won't use them anyway lol) and because of this I've stopped playing my B2 for a while already:pirate:
Unlikely, there's no reason to do it instead of BW1 breeding.

You're probably just hitting the wrong Timer0, use the adjacent seed tool to see if it matches any others.

Sure.

The parameters in the middle are:
VCount: 82-82
Timer0: 1102-1108(Black 2) OR 10f6-10fb(White 2)
Frame: 6 for DSLite, 8 for Original DS(& some of the earily-made DSL too. Mine is one, lucky enough huh)
GxStat: 6000000

Thanks!
thanks for this im9. by the way say when rnging the starter the only way to advance pid frame is saving.so with the NPCs in the city is it possible.?

-thx

I've been trying to find my DS parameters for Black 2 (R4) but I just don't get any results no matter how many times I try. I use RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha and a DS Lite. I checked the MAC address just in case but it's correct. I had no problems doing this for Black and White but Black 2 is driving me nuts by now x_x

Is it possible it's because I'm using an R4? I even changed tried adding 10 seconds to the min/max thing but to no avail.
Anyone? I did some more attempts starting from scratch but nothing.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
thanks for this im9. by the way say when rnging the starter the only way to advance pid frame is saving.so with the NPCs in the city is it possible.?

-thx
Only RNG'd BW2 starters I know of were done on emulator. I don't think it'd be possible on retail except with a lot of trial and error (NPCs would make the saving method impossible, you'd have to rely on NPC advancements).
Anyone? I did some more attempts starting from scratch but nothing.
Did you increase the other parameter ranges, or just the seconds?

Only RNG'd BW2 starters I know of were done on emulator. I don't think it'd be possible on retail except with a lot of trial and error (NPCs would make the saving method impossible, you'd have to rely on NPC advancements).
thx voodoo
oh so you can IV rng without a prob right voodoo? just like the roamer in BW .
so what is the starting iv frame for them.all of them start at iv frame 3? or 1? or is there a specific frame for each starter..

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
thx voodoo
oh so you can IV rng without a prob right voodoo? just like the roamer in BW .
so what is the starting iv frame for them.all of them start at iv frame 3? or 1? or is there a specific frame for each starter..
The IVRNG technically starts on frame 3, but RNG Reporter subtracts 2 from everything since the first two frames are always unhittable. As far as I know they're all on frame "1".

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have done it on a retail cart. I had a target frame within about 10 frames of the seed's start frame, and it was indeed just trial and error to get the timing of the NPC advancements correct (not to mention hitting the right timer0).

All of them except GxStat. I'm not sure how far to extend them, because every flashcart is different.
Thanks, I did another attempt lowering the minimum VCount only and I found this:

Actual seconds: 3 (started at 00, no soft-reset)
VCount: 39 (is that even possible? Seeing as 70 is the minimum by default for DS Lite)
Timer0: 11D1
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 10

If this is the one -and I think it is cause of the 3 second delay - which ones are set? I know Timer0 can be different each time and GxStat is always 6, but how about VCount and VFrame?

So,

I've tried setting my DS parameters three times now, and each time I've not gotten a result.

Possible problems: using a 3DS, using Landorus IVs (there's NPCs in the area, which I understand to be a problem), not sure which time I am supposed to use (The time I select the game from the menu? The time I return to the menu/turn the system off after catching? The time I return to the menu/turn the system off BEFORE catching?).

Anyone have some advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)