5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to create a profile for Black 2, and I'm doing everything the exact same to find my parameters as I did in White, but when I enter all the shit I don't get a seed.
Have sweet scent, caught the first poke without moving, checked IVs with pokecheck. Nothing comes up. Don't know why it's not working, but it isn't. Bit upsetting. So I'm not quite sure what to do to check my parameters now.
if its a dsi or a 3ds it doesnt work ,yet

^Try expanding the search ranges.

Repost for new page:

One other thing, this time about the backing up Pokemon Dream Radar before RNGing, though not technically about the RNGing itself:

I know that the guide says to back up the entire SD card for each time, but my SD card's almost full so that's bound to take up too much space. Looking through the directory, I stumbled upon this folder:

G:\Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of numbers and letters that might not be something I should post)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

Based on the creation date (mostly the fact that it's the only folder created on the 7th, the same day I downloaded only it), I'm thinking that this is where PDR is stored. Does anyone know if I'm right? And if I am, would I be able to just backup/restore this folder, instead of the entire SD card? There isn't some hidden file in another directory that'd keep this from working, is there?

There's also a 512KB .sav file in a sub-directory under that one, so if I could get away with only copying that then that'd be even better.

Now, maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but for RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon, can I just Export the Research Data to B2W2 on 3DS and then move to DS Lite for the actual RNGing? I'm wondering, since if I can, I won't have to wait until the RNG Reporter can do 3DS stuff.

You'd still have to wait until RNG Reporter can do Dream Radar seeds, which is supposedly coming out around the same time, anyway.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
One other thing, this time about the backing up Pokemon Dream Radar before RNGing, though not technically about the RNGing itself:

I know that the guide says to back up the entire SD card for each time, but my SD card's almost full so that's bound to take up too much space. Looking through the directory, I stumbled upon this folder:

G:\Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of numbers and letters that might not be something I should post)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

Based on the creation date (mostly the fact that it's the only folder created on the 7th, the same day I downloaded only it), I'm thinking that this is where PDR is stored. Does anyone know if I'm right? And if I am, would I be able to just backup/restore this folder, instead of the entire SD card? There isn't some hidden file in another directory that'd keep this from working, is there?

There's also a 512KB .sav file in a sub-directory under that one, so if I could get away with only copying that then that'd be even better.
I don't know, as I have an SD card that I use just for Dream Radar, so the size of the backups is not an issue. What don't you take a full backup of your SD card, copy that somewhere safe so you don't mess up your data and can restore it back to its original state, and then try the different things you suggested and see if it works? It would be useful for everyone here to know.

Now, maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but for RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon, can I just Export the Research Data to B2W2 on 3DS and then move to DS Lite for the actual RNGing? I'm wondering, since if I can, I won't have to wait until the RNG Reporter can do 3DS stuff.
Yes, you can RNG on whatever device you like after you send the Pokemon from the Dream Radar. But it's not going to let you do it any faster because...

You'd still have to wait until RNG Reporter can do Dream Radar seeds, which is supposedly coming out around the same time, anyway.
^

Is wondercard abuse the same for BW2?
Yes.

I don't know, as I have an SD card that I use just for Dream Radar, so the size of the backups is not an issue. What don't you take a full backup of your SD card, copy that somewhere safe so you don't mess up your data and can restore it back to its original state, and then try the different things you suggested and see if it works? It would be useful for everyone here to know.
I was kind of hoping that one of the researchers here had already tried...but if not, then I guess I'll do just that.

EDIT: Yeah, that's where it's stored, alright. Copying only that folder over works just fine...

2: ...as does only copying the save. Therians are back to be resent and everything.

Again, the directory is

Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of gibberish numbers and letters)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

and the save is under that on \data\00000001.sav

I was kind of hoping that one of the researchers here had already tried...but if not, then I guess I'll do just that.

EDIT: Yeah, that's where it's stored, alright. Copying only that folder over works just fine...

2: ...as does only copying the save. Therians are back to be resent and everything.

Again, the directory is

Nintendo 3DS\(a bunch of gibberish numbers and letters)\(another bunch of numbers & letters)\title\00040000\000ae100

and the save is under that on \data\00000001.sav
thank you kiddu for figuring it out....

For some reason my "profile" data for RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha is saved in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me what the file/folder name for the Profile is called so I can find it? (I'm using Windows Vista)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am unable to find my parameters for my Black 2
Do I need to go somewhere w/o any NPCs?
If so, what is a good location
NPCs don't affect it, try expanding the search ranges.
For some reason my "profile" data for RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha is saved in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone tell me what the file/folder name for the Profile is called so I can find it? (I'm using Windows Vista)
Should be profiles.xml in the same folder as the main program. Note that older versions of the profiles file are not compatible with 9.96 beta, so that might be causing some confusion.

The breeding bug

Does it mean Nintendo are defying themselves with this stupid bug? Because if the game uses ONLY one seed (the one generated when creating your character), wouldn't that mean you'd get a lot of Pokemon with the same PIDs (and no two Pokemon should legally have the same PIDs). Would it also mean that some lucky shmoe who gets a low shiny frame will keep getting shinies while breeding? o.O

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not everything is overwritten - inheritance, DW true/false, non-Everstone nature, and Volbeat/Illumise/Nidoran species are the only things affected IIRC.

PID is unaffected by the bug.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the PID when breeding determined by the seed you hit? (in this case the one and only seed)... And you get a list of PIDs and inheritance... So would some PIDs not repeat? Assuming a person turns off the while breeding... equivalent of constantly hitting one seed in Black/White

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The issue is with a brand new PRNG that affects only nature/DW passing on/inherited IVs. PID is normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)