5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
The magazine that basically publishes what's new about pokemon. It is were most early scans and information comes. It comes out every month. It's Japanese.

Those are blatant fakes. You can't find anything legit searching google.

Fucking Pichu. Whose brilliant idea was it to make a secret new Pokemon which turns out to be a Pichu with deformed ears?

This will only be acceptable if that is a Sky Forme Pichu, and it knows Fly.

That would make it worse, not better.

Seriously though, Japanese could learn a thing or two about how to create "hype". Creating hype does not involve blocking something out then immediately revealing it to be nothing extraordinary.

That would make it worse, not better.

Seriously though, Japanese could learn a thing or two about how to create "hype". Creating hype does not involve blocking something out then immediately revealing it to be nothing extraordinary.
It's like the boy who cried wolf though, next time they do something like this we won't care as much suspecting it to be a Pichu wearing a bow or something.

Also I don't really consider this a new form it's just going to be some special anime pokemon, like the mini ditto or meowth with a cowboy hat or any of the other stupid shit in that show. Nintendo and GF have been doing this long enough they aren't going to announce a new generation with a different eared pichu. Although wasn't Bonsly the first DP pokemon to be revealed... dear god

I think Munchlax was in that Deoxys movie. Then Munchlax and Bonsly were in XD, and those Weaviles and Lucario were in another movie? Bonsly, Lucario, Mime Jr, and Weavile were reward statues in the first Mystery Dungeon game. I don't know the chronology of any of this though, except that the Deoxys movie was first?

It might be the great new feature in the new games. Maybe all Pokémon will get personal differences, just like they got gender differences this generation. Or it might be a anime difference that means nothing, just like the pink Butterfree. But when they hide it, it might be something special.

To say something more general about the next generation, I think Skarmory needs an evolution, so it can wall physical attackers. But I don't think Farfetch'd needs one. Some Pokémon should be worse than others. But I would like if they gave Stick an 1,5 attack boost in addition to the critical hit chance. And one new Pokémon I really want is a "hax-god", so I can have something to pray to when I want hax.

It might be the great new feature in the new games. Maybe all Pokémon will get personal differences, just like they got gender differences this generation. Or it might be a anime difference that means nothing, just like the pink Butterfree. But when they hide it, it might be something special.

To say something more general about the next generation, I think Skarmory needs an evolution, so it can wall physical attackers. But I don't think Farfetch'd needs one. Some Pokémon should be worse than others. But I would like if they gave Stick an 1,5 attack boost in addition to the critical hit chance. And one new Pokémon I really want is a "hax-god", so I can have something to pray to when I want hax.
Togekiss is the hax god.

I think Skarmory needs an evolution, so it can wall physical attackers. But I don't think Farfetch'd needs one. Some Pokémon should be worse than others.
Wow, that might just be the worst reasoning I've ever heard. Skarmory already CAN wall some physical attackers, whilst Farfetch'd is pretty much useless. Why not say Farfetch'd needs an evo so it can wall physical attackers? Oh that's right, because then it would be on par with Skarmory competitively, when it 'should be worse' apparently.

So instead of making another Pokemon OU viable, let's just make an already viable Pokemon even more viable. Oh wait I forgot, Gamefreak have done that before (Dusclops > Banette), never mind.

Togekiss is the hax god.
No, it is not. It is good at hax, but it is not a god that controls luck. It should have 600 or maybe 680 total base stat, and maybe a better ability than Togekiss that shows that it controls hax. That's what I think.

Wow, that might just be the worst reasoning I've ever heard. Skarmory already CAN wall some physical attackers, whilst Farfetch'd is pretty much useless. Why not say Farfetch'd needs an evo so it can wall physical attackers? Oh that's right, because then it would be on par with Skarmory competitively, when it 'should be worse' apparently.

So instead of making another Pokemon OU viable, let's just make an already viable Pokemon even more viable. Oh wait I forgot, Gamefreak have done that before (Dusclops > Banette), never mind.
I have not very much play experience, but from what I have read Skarmory used to be able to wall all physical attackers but now the attackers are too strong for it. So it needs an evolution too be able to keep wall physical attackers.

If you only look at things competitively, it would be better that Farfetch'd got an evolution. But if you think about how the Pokémon actually are too, it would be better with differences in power. That's at least what I think. But I agree that it should be improved. Just not with an evolution. Farfetch'd are supposed to be close to become extinct. And a pokémon like that shouldn'y be able to become really powerful monsters.

No, it is not. It is good at hax, but it is not a god that controls luck. It should have 600 or maybe 680 total base stat, and maybe a better ability than Togekiss that shows that it controls hax. That's what I think.

I have not very much play experience, but from what I have read Skarmory used to be able to wall all physical attackers but now the attackers are too strong for it. So it needs an evolution too be able to keep wall physical attackers.

If you only look at things competitively, it would be better that Farfetch'd got an evolution. But if you think about how the Pokémon actually are too, it would be better with differences in power. That's at least what I think. But I agree that it should be improved. Just not with an evolution. Farfetch'd are supposed to be close to become extinct. And a pokémon like that shouldn'y be able to become really powerful monsters.
Bolded for emphasis. Skarmory is still viable, the point is than isn't anymore and impenetrable wall than works alone. To me that looks like balance. An evolution is innecesary, almost like Dusknoir is.

Farfetch'd deserves a evo....or a better ultra mega miaper stick than boost ATK, SPD and Criticals into 0.5 (why not? After all is a exclusive item :p)

They need a trick room extension item. TR teams are so limited right now. If they do introduce such a thing, I would own with my TR explosion sweep team.

Farfetch'd are supposed to be close to become extinct. And a pokémon like that shouldn'y be able to become really powerful monsters.
If we were being that pedantic, I could just as easily argue that Farfetch'd ought to evolve into something powerful because population bottleneck periods are capable of introducing a selection pressure that plays a major role in propagating the evolution of certain species (or something like that, I'm no expert lol).

But of course this has nothing to do with such specifics, it is about what would be better for the metagame. I wouldn't be against a Skarmory evo if it was a worthy improvement, but given the choice between it and Farfetch'd there's no contest IMO. I certainly wouldn't want to see another Dusknoir-esque evolution over a more meaningful addition, although it wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: On another note, I'm definitely in favor of more in the way of useful items that fill specific niches. D/P was very successful in this regard, and I'd like to see it continue in 5th gen. Perhaps then Item Clause could be considered to be a viable option for more variety and creativity in the metagame.

If we were being that pedantic, I could just as easily argue that Farfetch'd ought to evolve into something powerful because population bottleneck periods are capable of introducing a selection pressure that plays a major role in propagating the evolution of certain species (or something like that, I'm no expert lol).

But of course this has nothing to do with such specifics, it is about what would be better for the metagame. I wouldn't be against a Skarmory evo if it was a worthy improvement, but given the choice between it and Farfetch'd there's no contest IMO. I certainly wouldn't want to see another Dusknoir-esque evolution over a more meaningful addition, although it wouldn't surprise me.
I am supporting you. You are right, just because fetch thing is close to extinction doesn't mean it can't be powerful. Think of the fossil pokemons. They were pretty pwerful.

Bolded for emphasis. Skarmory is still viable, the point is that it isn't anymore an impenetrable wall that works alone. To me that looks like balance. An evolution is unnecessary, almost like Dusknoir is.

Farfetch'd deserves a evo....or a better ultra mega maiper stick than boosts ATK, SPD and Criticals into 0.5 (why not? After all it is an exclusive item :p)
English corrections in bold. Since you're from Chile I forgive you . ^_^ Don't know what the maiper is supposed to be though. Sniper?

I agree Skarmory doesn't need to be much better than it is. Even if it can't wall every last Physical attacker anymore, it still has a nice supporting role with Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, Roost, Toxic, and Taunt.

I just realized Skarmory gets Iron Defense from Platinum. Lol.

I'd take a Farfetch'd evo over the Uber stick.
They need a trick room extension item. TR teams are so limited right now. If they do introduce such a thing, I would own with my TR explosion sweep team.
Trick Room, Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Tailwind, and probably a cole other attacks I'm forgetting could all use extensions.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I agree that a 5th gen will come out eventually . . . just not as soon as we might think now.

According to Serebii ( http://serebii.net/index2.shtml ) the blocked out Pokemon in the trailer might just end up being a funky Pichu.

To all those who said another Pikachu clone I salute you for being right . . . again.
There will be a 5th generation for sure. Along with posting the picture of Pichu, PokeBeach reported:

Apparently the new CoroCoro issue also reveals that a new Pokemon will be unveiled at Japan's World Hobby Fair in late January, as well as additional 12th Pokemon movie information. If this is true, then a 5th generation Pokemon will probably be revealed then. This may turn out to be the more important piece of news!

The problem:

If there was a tr extension item, I'd own everyone too easily.
Heck, i almost do now. Almost.
But having 7 turns of guts ursaring sweeping would really screw up other teams. Having like 4 is at least somewhat fair.

Basically, if there was a tr extender it would be broken and sent to uber, where it would be broken and destroyed for all eternity, like arceus.
Too bad arceus has base 120 speed.

Who cares about the 5th gen for now? D/P/P might be coming to an end, but platinum has barely been released in 1 country, plus the next movie wont come until next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)