Apprentice Program: Round Fifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kids, sorry to leave you all hanging but between this mafia game that required like 2-3 hours of my time every two days, and some irl stuff, I have kind of neglected Battling 101. I should be more active now on this front.

Another consequence of the above is that not much got done on the B101 front. Kevin_Garrett will be taking that over from me since I'm sure you're all eager to watch.

Without further ado, the usual template:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm fat but I can't help it I just loooooove McDonalds :(

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

---

Assignments

Aerrow
-Nastyjungle (05/21/2011)

am
-Nailo (05/21/2011)

ballabrown24
-AndViet (04/19/2011)

B-Lulz
-NatGeo (05/21/2011)

DJX09
-Raseri (05/21/2011)

DracoMalfoy
-Nails (05/21/2011)

Eet
-Hawkstar (05/21/2011)

ENZ0
-Thursday (05/21/2011)

Eternal
-smashlloyd20 (05/21/2011)

hanke
-LordCruxis (05/21/2011)

Heist
-elDino (05/21/2011)

Huntofthelion
-Bluecaptain (05/21/2011)
-Wario is OSSIM (05/27/2011)

Iconic
-Jiovaine11 (05/21/2011)

JabbaTheGriffin
-Furai (05/21/2011)

Kevin Garrett
-Orugos (05/21/2011)

Lamppost
-comatthew6 (05/21/2011)

Limitless & WhiteQueen
-Deinosaur (05/21/2011)

Mekkah
-Blazin Kickin Chicken (05/21/2011)

Nachos
-Silent Storm (05/21/2011)
-Fiction. (05/25/2011)

Megan_Fox
-PDC (05/21/2011)

Optimusje
-.Kyuusei. (05/21/2011)

reachzero
-Lanturn314 (05/21/2011)

reyscarface
-Focus (05/21/2011)

Scimjara
-megaman12 (05/21/2011)

Seven Deadly Sins
-Randy (05/21/2011)

Steven Snype
-krum (05/21/2011)

Stone_Cold
-Eos (05/21/2011)

twash
-Ray Jay (05/21/2011)

undisputed
-yee (05/21/2011)

Zeph
-Pippy (05/21/2011)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
ASSIGNED TO ballabrown24

Username: AndViet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AndViet, DamnViet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Vietnamese kid and In my free-time I like to play Shot-put, Discus, and sometimes Javelin but aside from sports I like to play Pokemon.

ASSIGNED TO DJXO9

Username:Raseri
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Raseri/Keane
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 Available from 4-10 my time on weekdays. 11am-midnight on weekends. Depends on my plans
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU, BW LC (In order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Canada and have been trying to get into the competitive scene for awhile, but I always struggle with team building

ASSIGNED TO Steven Snype

Username: krum
Pokemon Online Username: krum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 8:00PM to 11:00PM or 9:00AM to 11:00AM (im very flexible)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a college student and musician living in Canada and I started competitive battling when pokemon platinum came out. I havent been having too much success in 5th Gen so im looking for some guidance to help me become a better player and to contribute back to this great community.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
ASSIGNED TO reyscarface

Username: Focus
Pokemon Online Username: Focus, Focus[Test]
Your timezone and hours of availability: GMT -6, don't know when or if I'll be available (currently looking for employment...). This is honestly a very bad time for me.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW UU, or whatever
Tell us a little about yourself: If I do not apply now, I know I would come to regret it. I am already a decent player, but I guess I want to figure out how to improve. I probably will not do much playing over the next week or so.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO Megan_Fox

Username: PDC
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PDC / Without Truth / Without Lies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5 4:00 - 9:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Solid battler in OU but I never really tried UU and was hoping to finish up my last tutoring stuff by learning this. Anyway i'm on PO and IRC alot.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Heist

Username: elDino
PO Username: elDino
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, All day weekends, afternoons on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW LC, DPP OU, ADV OU. Eveything I can!
About me: I'm an English student living in Asia, and I picked up competitive Pokemon about a year ago. I've never really been any good, and I really want to get better! I'm also contributing to C&C a lot, and I really want to get more into the Smogon community.
Also, I'm very academic, but I also take part in a lot of sports. I recently represented my school at SEAMC (South East Asia Mathematics Competition), which was a really great thing. I'm also in my schools football (soccer) team, and I enjoy playing golf for leisure.

Heist has already agreed to tutor me.

ASSIGNED TO Eternal

Username: smashlloyd20
Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (4 because of Daylight Savings): 11 PM-2 AM, 4-5 PM on all weekdays besides Wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Rolf>Shinon. You know it Mekkah...

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO twash

Username: RayJay
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RayJay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Mountain Standard Time (EST -2), usually available 5:30 to 8:00 PM EST and 11 PM to 1 AM EST on weekdays, as well of most of the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a part of C&C for quite a while now, being one of the first official gp nazi... er checkers. Now I've been learning this metagame to some success, but still wish to fine tune both my playing style, threat prediction ability, and, of course, team building. I am a student involved in just about the most advanced classes I can be taking right now, and am always ready to learn.

ASSIGNED TO Nachos

Username: Silent Storm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Draconia, SalaryMan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 6pm-10pm Weekdays, Weekends 5pm - 11
Tell us a little about yourself: Average guy in the UK that plays videos game in his spare time. I'm studying to become a graphic designer. I need help with battle strategy and some minor team building.

Requesting to have Nachos as my tutor this round if possible.

ASSIGNED TO Huntofthelion

Username: BlueCaptain
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Bluecaptain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time GMT -5, 6:30 - 8:30 Weekdays, Various times on the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am approaching High School Graduation, which is exciting, so that's in the forefront of my world. Usually I play Pokemon in my spare time or non-spare time lol. Other than that I work casually with electronic music hoping to one day become more fluent in the art. I run long distance for school and for fun. I also play Yu-Gi-Oh TCG while I keep attempting to break into Magic: The Gathering. As for Pokemon I would really like to get a better understanding of Team building and Team Strategy. Why somethings don't work while others work really well, not just copy paste from Smogon or an RMT and hope it works for me.

Username
: Venser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Venser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 7-9:30 weeknights, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your pretty average high school freshman, coasting along on the easy work which gives me plenty of time to play Pokemon! Math and Science are my favorite subjects, and I swim competitively. I was AM's tutee last round and it was great, but there's still more to learn.

ASSIGNED TO hanke

Username: LordCruxis

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LordCruxis

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT (CDT) usually mornings (9-12) and also (8p-11p) Also varies due to days off

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, UU

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 21 year old guy who lives in nebraska. I've been playing pokemon since R/B/Y, but I really haven't done anything competitive until recently. I work at Starbucks. I'm very patient and understanding and usually a quick learner. Glaceon is probably my favorite pokemon. Oddly enough Flying is my favorite type, and Aeroblast is my favorite move. I've been visiting Smogon since Platinum came out.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Iconic

Username: Jiovaine11

Shoddy Username: Jiovaine11 , -Jio-

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4:00pm-6:00pm

What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU , BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Well I peaked #26 on the BW UU ladder in hopes of making the voting requirements, but I've been in a slump today so it's hard to get past 1300 again. Apart from that I'm a pretty mellow person who's easy to talk to and learn fast

ASSIGNED TO Zeph

Username: Pippy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pippy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, my hours vary, but generally around 3pm to 6pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 7th grader who has been playing competitively for a couple months. I've got the basics down, but I'd like to sharpen up on my skills. I'm also a creator on Flipnote Hatena. (come on 3DS update, come on!) My username comes from my very first Pokemon, Pippy the Empoleon.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Kirbx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:7-11 (I can not be on any earlier or later, and I can't ever do Mondays)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing for years, but have never been anything amazing, which is a reason want to do this. I did this last month, but it didn't work out to well do to time problems. I don't blame the guy though, he is more of an any time tutor, when I need an exact time, do to restrictions. Overall I am a pretty mediocre player, at best hovering around in the 1200 land, on my best days. I would like to be much better than that. One thing I did learn from my last tutor experience is that its more of my playstyle that needed help rather then my teams, although any team help is still appreciated.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ginganinja
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ginganinja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I am GMT +12 but I am online pretty much all the time
Tell us a little about yourself: Uni student living in New Zealand. Rate teams in my spare time

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO Eet

Username: Hawkstar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Battle Username: Any variation of Hawkstar
Timezone and Usual Hours of Avaliability: GMT -5, Anytime from 5-10 PM Eastern
Time
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us about yourself: I'm an intermediate battler looking for some help. I feel that my prediction and battle skills are adequate, but I am lacking in the team building department. Have you seen the sandstorm team I posted here in November? I haven't created a decent team since that, four months later. So, that is the main reason I am signing up for the tutoring program: To build up my team building skill.

I think I got a tutor last time, but I PM'ed him and never heard back ever. So here we go, third time's a charm.

CP'ed from old thread.

Username:
hoiboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TestA/hoiboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8), Fridays from 8-10 and most Saturday evenings. I can also try some weekday evenings, but that's on a day-to-day basis.
What tier do you want to learn? Little Cup Gen V
Tell us a little about yourself:

I am an aspiring classical pianist. My main activity is playing piano, but I also spin pens and mountain bike as hobbies. I try not to stress out too much over school, but that doesn't really happen when you go to... the most asian school in the US ._.

I used to play B/W OU and Dreamworld, but VGC + studies in general have really derailed my plans. Once I lose in the first round of VGC, I plan on getting back into competitive pokemon. I want to try a new tier, so I chose Little Cup because it looked fun.

ASSIGNED TO B-Lulz

Username: NatGeo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NatGeo or -Razzle- on rare occasions
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (GMT -4), usually available from 5 to 6 on weekdays, most of the day on weekends unless something comes up
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU if anyone can, VGC if not
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm on the GP Team, so I'm already doing a little to contribute to the site. If this round goes well, who konws, I might contribute in the battling arena as well as the grammar queue! I feel, despite my last session with ENZ0 being greatly informal, I can learn more, mainly in metagame knowledge and prediction, which, again, were touched on in my last session. I hope to have a great time being tutored this round! Off site, I'm a typical eighth grader with a final on the immediate horizon, coasting on my fortune in school. I plan to run for the freshman track team next fall, and I'm a clarinetist doing marching next year.

Also if anyone cares I would like to be tutored by either iconic or Seven Deadly Sins.

ASSIGNED TO reachzero

Username: Lanturn314

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lanturn314, I_Luvdisc_You, various other alts

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 10PM-1AM (or whenever; I don't sleep)

What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since the RBY days, but I'm not that great at competitive battling. I know some very basic things about team building and strategy, but my prediction kind of sucks right now. I've been getting better overall, but I still kinda need help.
IRL, I'm a neuro major at JHU, and I'm hoping to become a neurosurgeon down the road. I do research, volunteer at a hospital, tutor inner city children in math and reading, am in a sorority, am president of Global Dental Brigades, and play piano and clarinet. I'm a pretty nice person once you get to know me :)

ASSIGNED TO ENZ0

Username: Thursday
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Thursday, Light Brigade, Quasimodo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4; 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-year-old guy from Ohio. I like reading, playing video games, etc. Kind of a recluse. I'm friendly (I guess?), but I don't think I'm all that interesting. I can be flexible with times, I guess; any time after 6:00 is fine for me, and on weekends we can schedule tutoring sessions whenever you want. :) I have some experience with Pokemon (I've been playing competitively since I was 11, starting on Netbattle), but I took a year-long hiatus and now I'm starting to come back, but I'm really rusty.

ASSIGNED TO Scimjara

Username:megaman12
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:reisu, megaman12 and others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt-4 3:00pm-11:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well Im currently in my first year in college because I skipped a grade but still undecided on what mayor I should stick with. I am a fairly good gen 4 battler but is always good to learn more especially team building. In terms of BW OU, I hardly played gen 5 and need to learn more about it so BW is priority for me.

Note: Reposting from last round because delta had in real life issues and couldn't tutor me.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Limitless

Username: Deinosaur
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Deino, Deinosaur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8; 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP UU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am someone who seems to be okay at pokemon, but I'd like to improve my teambuilding. Any help would be appreciated, even if I don't get a full time tutor.

ASSIGNED TO Seven Deadly Sins

Username:Randy
Pokemon Online Username: randy3692
Your time Zone and usual hours of availability: PST: (GMT -7)/ between 6-10 P.M. PST
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU and/or BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Getting on summer break next week and since I don't have a job might as well play pokemon all day xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)