(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

On the Choice Band set for the Flygon analysis, it says that Flygon has a resistance to Ground. It should say immunity to Ground and Electric.

Thanks to his excellent Dragon / Ground typing and its ability, Levitate, Flygon has many opportunities to switch in with his unique resistances to Rock-, Ground-, Fire-, and immunity to Electric-type attacks.

Something else I came across:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran

Under the Metal Sound set:

In OU, only Dragonite resists this combination of moves; however, if Heatran is able to hit them with Fire Blast after a Metal Sound, they are in for a deadly surprise.
I can only assume that this read "only Salamence and Dragonite" previously. Anyways, "them" and "they are" should be singular, as in "him" and "he is".

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On Shoddy Flash Fire gives you a boost through Protect as demonstrated here:

Sunbow used Protect.
Sunbow protected itself!
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Sunbow's Flash Fire raised its fire power!
Sunbow's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sunbow restored 6% of its health.

I was curious so I tested it in game (I have two DSs so I did it in wi-fi). My Heatran used Protect as Machamp (>_>) used Flamethrower and Heatran failed to get a Flash Fire boost. I repeatedly used Protect until Protect failed (which was the third time), and it then recieved a boost. I know Shoddy isn't being updated anymore because of work on shoddy 2 (or is it?), but I think it should be mention in the Flash Fire description that you don't recieve a boost through Protect, because it mentions Substitute.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After I found out about the glitch above, I was curious as to what happened with Volt Absorb and Water Absorb. The same thing happens in Shoddy; If a Pokemon with either ability uses Protect they are still healed from the appropriate move. I tested it in game, and came up with the result that it doesn't heal when the Water/Volt Absorb Pokemon through Protect, but it does heal them when they are behind a Substitute. The Volt Absorb and Water Absorb pages have nothing about either of these, I'm not sure if it just wants you to infer from Flash Fire, but I think it should be added.

After I found out about the glitch above, I was curious as to what happened with Volt Absorb and Water Absorb. The same thing happens in Shoddy; If a Pokemon with either ability uses Protect they are still healed from the appropriate move. I tested it in game, and came up with the result that it doesn't heal when the Water/Volt Absorb Pokemon through Protect, but it does heal them when they are behind a Substitute. The Volt Absorb and Water Absorb pages have nothing about either of these, I'm not sure if it just wants you to infer from Flash Fire, but I think it should be added.
Took care of this.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/latios

Hey guys,

Under Latios's "All-Out Attacker" set, second paragraph:
Tyranitar can come into any attack , except Grass Knot, and OHKO Latios with Crunch, or it can use Pursuit to KO Latios should it flee from the field of battle.
and in the "Optional Changes" Section, fourth paragraph:
Roar could work on a Calm Mind or Psych Up set, but Latias is better for that , thanks to her higher Special Defense.
There shouldn't be a space between the highlighted words and commas.

Also under the "Dual Screen Memento" set, near the end of the second paragraph:
Similarly, if you would like to lure in and remove Scizor, Hidden Power Fire is a useble option as well.
I think the author was going for "useable", although I think "usable" is the preferred/more common spelling.

Hippowdon problem

In the Hippowdon analysis, a sentence in the Counters section is missing something.
Gyarados will happily set up on any set without Stone Edge.
Should probably say
Gyarados will happily set up on any set without Stone Edge or Roar.
Sorry to be so nitpicky, but I just noticed this and thought I should mention it. If this is in the wrong place, can a mod move it? Thanks.

The Little Cup Rock Polish Gligar set needs to have Rock Polish changed to Agility. Agility has higher PP, and thus competitively there is absolutely no reason to have Rock Polish listed instead. I know it is a very minor difference, especially considering that I doubt that there has EVER been a PP stall war in LC, but there is just no reason for Rock Polish at all.

The Little Cup Rock Polish Gligar set needs to have Rock Polish changed to Agility. Agility has higher PP, and thus competitively there is absolutely no reason to have Rock Polish listed instead. I know it is a very minor difference, especially considering that I doubt that there has EVER been a PP stall war in LC, but there is just no reason for Rock Polish at all.
i suggested this before and it was shot down (i don't remember why, or if there was a reason at all) so i don't think this is what we're looking for. sorry!

still, if somebody else could tell me what they think, that'd be nice.

Honestly, if there is any reason at all I would suspect that it would be because it's not worth the time to implement something so minor. But that's just me.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Couldn't figure it out, so I asked in #stark. Could not find a good reason NOT to use agility. Agility does have the following illegal movesets for LC:

~Agility + Power Trick,
~Agility + Sand Tomb,
~Agility + Dream Eater,
~Agility + Mimic,
~Agility + Cross Poison + Double-Edge,

Don't really see how any of these matter, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)