Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

May I use an edited version of a CAP pokémon's sprite?

My idea is using a slightly edited sprite of Colossoil, where it is an evolution of Dugtrio. Lore-wise, it uses Dugtrio as a lure, kind of like an angler fish. When the dugtrio are attacked, it emerges from the ground. In-game, it would function like Mimikyu's Disguise, where it gets a pseudo substitute at the beginning of battle. The only sprite-difference is that it has a dugtrio-esque lure on its head. I would still credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project".

I completely understand if this isn't allowed, as the representation of it isn't consistent with the name, design elements, and theme of Colossoil, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

I cannot recall where I saw it, but in general usage of CAPmons within a Fan Game is to essentially only be using the CAPmoms as they are presented, unedited and unchanged, and not included alongside other Fan Made pokemon.

I cannot see why taking only a sprite and editing that would be any different from this, and so I'd assume not.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
May I ask if a CAP Doubles metagame will ever be taken in consideration?
I think it'd be very cool, expecially since we could go nuts with a more doubles-dedicated CAP!
CAP Doubles definitely exists, and the last time it was explored was a little after CAP updates for that year's iteration of CAPTT. Currently though I believe the consensus is that the meta lacks too little investment and or attention, and the community lacks resources and time for it to develop, so its in a limbo of sorts like CAP Monotype.

Hello! I don't have the most time in the world to spend on the CAP (or even the normal OU) ladder, so to glean some experience I often watch PS games on YouTube, mostly videos by Pokeaim. But Pokeaim doesn't play CAP regularly, and isn't knowledgeable about the metagame. Are there any active CAP gameplay youtubers that you would recommend?

Hello!

I was wondering if I was allowed to use some of CAP Pokémon in a FanFiction. I would credit them, of course.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello! I don't have the most time in the world to spend on the CAP (or even the normal OU) ladder, so to glean some experience I often watch PS games on YouTube, mostly videos by Pokeaim. But Pokeaim doesn't play CAP regularly, and isn't knowledgeable about the metagame. Are there any active CAP gameplay youtubers that you would recommend?
While no, there is not much active CAP Youtube players, try watching replays of tournaments to gain knowledge. CAPTT, while being a bit old, still has largely relevant strats. And a tournament is happening right now so you can gain replays there. And finally the CAP 25 Playtest Tournament will soon be on the horizon so you can see the latest trends and plays.

I'm not an active part of the cap community, but I do like to browse the forums to see what's going on as the cap process and ideas/effort put into it are very interesting. My question is, why are the likes disabled? It's just something that I've found a little weird.

I'd guess to help try and reduce group think. It makes reading what it out more important than seeing the approval of a half dozen other posters.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I'm not an active part of the cap community, but I do like to browse the forums to see what's going on as the cap process and ideas/effort put into it are very interesting. My question is, why are the likes disabled? It's just something that I've found a little weird.
Likes encourage bandwagoning on a post, and shows whose posts carry the most weight. It also encourages people to post things like "I mostly agree with the last post, but I think this point is wrong" - a like would imply that the person completely agrees with the post without much of a thought.

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
they havent.

cap25 is just about to wrap up, so i wouldnt expect a new one to start until around january/february

I'm creating my own couple of Pokemon (this isn't a plug or a submission, stick with me here) for the first time with a friend, and I don't really follow Competitive Pokemon (but he does, but I don't want him taking the bulk of the work), but I have been following CAP extremely loosely for a year or two. I figured the best way to design a movepool that's not too filled or not filled enough for the two Pokemon would be to follow the CAP movepool creation process. So, I've been doing some digging, and I was curious if there would be a way to get a version of the sheets on this forum page so that I can use it in my creation process for these and future Pokemon. Any information or help is appreciated, thanks.

Hello!, I am a graphic designer and character designer who has some (possibly) interesting ideas (with competitive value), how would I be able to request/submit any character design for the CAP project?

Is Crucibelle fair use? Am I allowed to make art and name a YouTube channel after it without permission?
Smogon owns Crucibelle

Hello!, I am a graphic designer and character designer who has some (possibly) interesting ideas (with competitive value), how would I be able to request/submit any character design for the CAP project?
That's not how CAP works, you can't submit standalone designs and expect it to become a thing, read the CAP rules please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)