Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of reasons:
Swift Swim pokes get their Water STAB boosted by rain, while Chlorophyll pokes don't.
Sun boosts Fire type moves, which Chlorophyll pokes are weak to, while Rain boosts Water type moves, which Swift Swim pokes resist.

There's probably another reason or two in there but I can't think of any other.

Anyway, on to a question of my own. If something is transformed into Castform and the weather changes, does Forecast activate for the transformed Pokemon? I ask because this happened on Showdown, and it didn't change, so I'm wondering if this was a glitch or what was supposed to happen.
Does anyone know what's supposed to happen?

Edit: Thanks poccil

melvni:

Forecast doesn't trigger if the Pokemon gained that Ability by transforming (with Transform or Imposter), even if the weather changes: "Anytime Abilities resolve, if bearer is a Castform and hasn't transformed, bearer assumes the Sunny Form during Sunny Day [etc.]"

Can I ask a team building related question here?
I'm trying to find the last member for my team of:
Deoxys-D
Heatran
Dragonite
Starmie
Mamoswine

What would be some good options? Is this team viable at all? Here's it is in more detail:

(Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

(Heatran) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

(Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

(Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I was thinking about putting superpower on my Guts Flareon. Now how would that work with the attack drop from superpower? Will Guts nullify the att drop?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, Guts gives Flareon a +1 boost in Attack when statused. Superpower results in a -1 boost in Attack. So you're back to 0.

I was able to get a brave snorlax with semi good ivs and I plan on using it in the battle frontier. So far, it has fissure and curse. I also have two skarmories: a male with better ivs, but has keen eye, drill peck, and pursuit, while the female has sturdy, meh ivs, and has toxic and aerial ace. I also have a timid staryu and two abras:one hasty and one timid, neither with hp fighting. I actually feel like beating the emerald frontier leaders despite the difficulty, so which pokemon should I use from this list and what sets would be recommended?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
In general, how well does Amoongus counter Techniloom (or any variant of Breloom for that matter?)

Can Conkeldurr learn ice punch?

I was under the impression that it couldn't, as it isn't listed on this page, but I was using PO and a Conkeldurr just mauled my landorus with it in a battle. So either it's missing from the list or I need to give a bug report to the PO people.

Can Conkeldurr learn ice punch?

I was under the impression that it couldn't, as it isn't listed on this page, but I was using PO and a Conkeldurr just mauled my landorus with it in a battle. So either it's missing from the list or I need to give a bug report to the PO people.
The onsite movelist/analyses haven't been updated for BW2.

If I was interested in reviving a discussion about a pokemon when its thread has been inactive for a long time, (a year +) should I necrobump it or start a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)