Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
True or False?

If I breed a female pokemon holding an everstone with a male pokemon that is not the female's species or Ditto, the Everstone Effect is canceled.

For pokemon with new abilities in diamond and pearl (Machamp, Breloom) what are their odds of changing abilities when transfered over to DP from RSE?
Anyway to manipulate it?
Is it best to keep them in their pre- evo forms and trade over then level up hoping to get the right ability?

For pokemon with new abilities in diamond and pearl (Machamp, Breloom) what are their odds of changing abilities when transfered over to DP from RSE?
Anyway to manipulate it?
Is it best to keep them in their pre- evo forms and trade over then level up hoping to get the right ability?
50% of change, but all transferred Pokemon will choose the same thing.
Not without hacking.
Yes, if you want the new ability. If you want the old ability, evolve it before transfer.

He already told you, the only time that can happen is if the parents come from games of different languages (for example a japanese Shelder with an american tentacruel). Or maybe one of the parents is hacked and the hacker forgot to set the country in Pokesav.

I have a female Brave Rhyhorn with good IVs except that the Def IVs are low. If I bred that Rhyhorn with a male Rhyhorn (with its egg moves) with higher IVs than the female Rhyhorn's, what's the possibility that the new Rhyborn will have good IVs from both the male and female Rhyhorn?

I just SR'd a Relaxed Uxie, but I'm holding off on EVing it for a while until I sort out what I want it to do. I know all the sets on Smogon call for making it physically defensive, but I'm wondering why there's no sign of any Sp. Def? Is there something I'm missing?
I suppose to abuse Uxie's typing and ability, to skew it towards being physically defensive, like how most Cresselias are physically defensive: it takes Pursuit better, Fighting resistance, etc.

If you want a special wall, use Blissey or something :P

This probably gets asked alot, but I don't know enough about illegal IV combinations to get a timid HP grass Zapdos on Shoddy without almost halving an important IV.

Does anyone know the best combination?

I suppose to abuse Uxie's typing and ability, to skew it towards being physically defensive, like how most Cresselias are physically defensive: it takes Pursuit better, Fighting resistance, etc.

If you want a special wall, use Blissey or something :P

Ahh, this helps. Thanks to both the people that posted.

50% of change, but all transferred Pokemon will choose the same thing.
Not without hacking.
Yes, if you want the new ability. If you want the old ability, evolve it before transfer.

If I want the new ability can I SR when evolving to get the desired ability or is it something that is already preset?

Is it true that Protect's success rate is as follows? Smogondex only covers up to two possible turns, and I can't boot up Stadium 2 atm to check.

Turn 1: 100%
Turn 2: 50%
Turn 3: 25%
Turn 4: 0%

Not sure if this is how it works in Gen 4, but I'm pretty sure it was like this in Gen 2.

Also, this applies to all combinations of Endure, Protect & Detect on the same Pokemon, right?

If I want the new ability can I SR when evolving to get the desired ability or is it something that is already preset?
No; it's set when the Pokemon is hatched/caught.

Is it true that Protect's success rate is as follows? Smogondex only covers up to two possible turns, and I can't boot up Stadium 2 atm to check.

Turn 1: 100%
Turn 2: 50%
Turn 3: 25%
Turn 4: 0%

Not sure if this is how it works in Gen 4, but I'm pretty sure it was like this in Gen 2.
No. Protect has a success rate of 100% on the first turn, and then 50% on each turn afterwards in the 4th gen. That is how it worked in the 2nd gen though, according to the site:
http://www.smogon.com/gs/moves/endure

Also, this applies to all combinations of Endure, Protect & Detect on the same Pokemon, right?
Yes.

If your Pokemon has Large Root and uses Leech Seed and switches, will the pokemon you switch to get the boost that Large Root gave since the Leech Seeder was holding Large Root, or does the new Pokemon have to hold Large Root to maintain the boost?

Same goes for Baton Passing Aqua Ring, and/or Ingrain.

If so, if the incoming/BP recipient is also holding Large Root, does that also further increase the healing of the moves again by another 30%?

If your Pokemon has Large Root and uses Leech Seed and switches, will the pokemon you switch to get the boost that Large Root gave since the Leech Seeder was holding Large Root, or does the new Pokemon have to hold Large Root to maintain the boost?

Same goes for Baton Passing Aqua Ring, and/or Ingrain.

If so, if the incoming/BP recipient is also holding Large Root, does that also further increase the healing of the moves again by another 30%?

Large Root doesn't carry. By the way, even if it did it'd still be a dumb gimmick, sorry. Leftovers is better.

Large Root doesn't carry. By the way, even if it did it'd still be a dumb gimmick, sorry. Leftovers is better.
is that so? They made a mistake writing this then.

Large Root tends to be impractical when you view the recovery gained compared to Leftovers, but it can be useful for healing allies quickly, especially if they have Leftovers, and will get the benefits of both that and a stronger Leech Seed due to Large Root.
From the vileplume analysis

Regarding Payback and switching:

Say I have Tyranitar in, and I use Payback on my opponent (who switches Pokemon during the turn I use Payback). The Pokemon who switches in would be hit with a 100BP attack, right?

Regarding Payback and switching:

Say I have Tyranitar in, and I use Payback on my opponent (who switches Pokemon during the turn I use Payback). The Pokemon who switches in would be hit with a 100BP attack, right?
yes payback has 100bp whenever you move after your opponent, switching has max priority so payback will always have 100bp when your opponent switches

To follow up, as long as your opponent makes ANY move damaging or not before you, Payback has 100 BP. This is ideal on the Curse set.

I just had that same thought, however, I believe most Ghosts are Defense-oriented (if memory serves me right). So long as Claydol is fast enough, I think it's Shadow Ball would be a decent enough counter, but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back