Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good pokemon to have on my team along with my Cyndaquil/Typhlosion?

In HeartGold of course. Because I don't want a full squad, and I just want maybe 1-3 Pokemon with me.

Is Jumpluff worthy of a spot?

Gyarados maybe? Though training Magikarp to Lv 20 will be a pain, and I don't know how early you get the Old Rod.

I wouldn't bother with Jumpluff for ingame use. You generally want something with more offensive power.

You can catch a red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage at level 30. I highly suggest you get it. Best water type available if you choose Typhlosion.

Jumpluff is actually pretty decent in game. Sleep Powder + U-turn is nice(even if it doesn't do much damage, you still get some free turns) and its high speed allows you to send in something(like Typhlosion) and use a lot of items on it(the ones that boost your stats in the middle of battle). Leech Seed and Poison Powder are awesome as well.

Thanks!...How do I catch Spritomb? What I did was..

1.Greeted one people 32 times(underground)
2.Got outside.
3.Clicked the rock where I catch Spritomb twice
4.nothing happened..

what did I do wrong?

Thanks!...How do I catch Spritomb? What I did was..

1.Greeted one people 32 times(underground)
2.Got outside.
3.Clicked the rock where I catch Spritomb twice
4.nothing happened..

what did I do wrong?
Did you go inside your secret base between each time you talked to the person (it won't work otherwise)? Were you just talking to one of the hikers (if so, they don't count--it has to be an actual person)? Did you actually get an Odd Keystone and have it placed there before all of this?

I didn't talk to the Hikers, Got the Odd keystone stuck in..And!! One mistake!!! I did not go to my base, WTF..Thanks!!! (Finally I'll have my own Spiritomb)

Thanks guys, and yes.. Jumpluff is slightly weak, but it's too neat not to use. I'll probably transfer it over to Plt and give it some worthwhile TM's.

But yeah, Gyarados is a must. Although I might go for a non-shiny one.

Thanks.

[Ampharos is beast, but it gets old using the same thing everytime you start over. Starter + Mareep]

They already are Tuskate but they won't appear if you're loading an old team. Boot up a New Team and they should all be there.

Good to see you back btw buddy.
Lee, my friend, thanks for the help. I took a big old break, but something has me interested in coming back.

I am still having seeing the new tutor moves. No Low Kick Swampert for example. Anyone got any ideas what's going on? I just downloaded Shoddy again, still not working.

Never mind, I had to open a new team while connected to the server.

Which is a better attack for Clefable? Tbolt? Flamethrower? or Ice beam?..
Depends which set you're using, though I don't know of any sets where you'd have to choose between the three anyway. It also largely depends on how well the remainder of your team covers specific weaknesses, so if you could at least give me an idea of the set you're using it would be much easier for me to help.

Can i use gastro acid on one of my team mates in Double battle, if so is there any strategic problem with having a pokemon use gastro acid on slaking then sweep?

Can i use gastro acid on one of my team mates in Double battle, if so is there any strategic problem with having a pokemon use gastro acid on slaking then sweep?
I know for a fact that Gastro Acid can be used on teammates, so there should be no reason that it doesn't negate truant. Strategically speaking, your biggest problem will be in finding a pokemon that can still attain a high level of usefulness while having one turn and one move slot used up.

Personally, I think there are less gimmicky ways and much more efficient partnerships in double battling.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Just spam giga impact. :P I faced an effective skill swapping Alakazam+Slacking doubles lead once. Skill swapped, then passed it onto me. >.<

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP/232 Atk/32 Spd/44 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

I use that and its possibly the safest lead in this metagame, and one of the best as well. Azelf's Fire Blast isnt an OHKO which lets you beat them, and this thing only "loses" to Infernape and Heatran leads. Speed lets you beat other Gross leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)