Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been informed that my local GameStop will be hosting an in-person Pokemon Tournament, and the first-place winner will get their copy of Pokemon HG/SS free. The rules state that I can't use hacks. Is it worth using PokeSav codes on to get the Pokemon I need? Can I trade with another person who used PokeSav to get the Pokemon I want and trade it to me with my OT name on it? If I trade from another person, is it worthwhile to change the Pokemons' Secret ID to mine, or is it worth the risk to go without the Secret ID?

I've been informed that my local GameStop will be hosting an in-person Pokemon Tournament, and the first-place winner will get their copy of Pokemon HG/SS free. The rules state that I can't use hacks. Is it worth using PokeSav codes on to get the Pokemon I need? Can I trade with another person who used PokeSav to get the Pokemon I want and trade it to me with my OT name on it? If I trade from another person, is it worthwhile to change the Pokemons' Secret ID to mine, or is it worth the risk to go without the Secret ID?
If they ask you don't hack then don't. It's wrong. And 35 bucks. Hacking to win would equate to stealing.

What does the Secret ID do? and the PID for that matter? Do they serve some secret purpose?
Secret ID is a second 5 digit ID number that, among other things, helps determine whether a Pokemon that you hatch or encounter is shiny or not, and, along with your ID, helps the game determine whether or not the pokemon is "yours" for things like nicknaming.

PID is the number that the game generates that determines a pokemon's nature, gender, ability, IVs and shininess.

EDIT: more info here.

Sigh...I'm sorry if this is a bother but what's the exact name of that thread? I just checked, and haven't found it. I know......stupid me >.>
Simple questions, simple requests. ^_^

Get the SID changed. In fact, just find someone who's good at PokéSav. Unless you really want to be in that tournament, in which the 100% safest option is to start breeding, but if you find a good Sav user then you should be fine. Though I might point out that this partly seems like an ethical question, which isn't really appropriate for this thread...

I want to make a OU Scizor lead for battling on 4chan's /v/. No questions. For it's moveset I was thinking:

-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
-Roost/U-Turn

Not sure what to do with the EV's. I was thinking just basic sweeper (Attack/Speed) but with 65 base speed that's pretty slow. I don't think a Choice Scarf would be worth a shit either. Maybe HP/Attack with a Focus Sash? I can Roost enough HP back to have it activated if someone tried switching in a Fire type.

Bare in mind this set is not intended for strict competitive play.

Choice Band, Spam Bullet punch. EVs in Attack and Speed. Has the nice benefit of mucking up the plans of those annoying Trickscarf leads, since they just get stuck with a band instead of the scard. Hope the opponent doesn't have a Magnezone (maybe thinking about running an anti-Magnezone Magnezone yourself to get the revenge kill if they do).

Giratina is in Turnback Cave, which you reach from Sendoff Spring. IIRC it's a puzzle to navigate.
The cave is also where you get the Griseous Orb, no matter when you caught Giratina.
You can only go there after you beat the Elite 4.

You mean catch it in FR/LG, nickname it there, and tutor it in XD. Mewtwo can't be caught in XD, and can't be nicknamed outside of the game it was originally caught in.

Unless you manage to get the same ID number on a different game, in which case you can nickname it there.

Does anyone use Worry Seed? Is it even remotely viable? Seems like it might be able to shut down some Pokemon but it's also a wasted turn/moveslot.

Does anyone use Worry Seed? Is it even remotely viable? Seems like it might be able to shut down some Pokemon but it's also a wasted turn/moveslot.
No, it's really no good. It takes up space and slows you down, and Gastro Acid is a better alternative either way, but is still similar in those respects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)