Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting a question after about a dozen pages without answer.

In which games will Regigigas's Attack and Speed return to normal, should you remove Slow Start with Skill Swap, Gastro Acid, or Worry Seed?

I ask because I am getting multiple answers when I look this question up on various sites. This site, for example, has it that removing Slow Start works that way in every game except Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl. However, Bulbapedia has it that it only works that way in PBR. I know both sites to be well-informed, so I need another opinion. I would very much like a firsthand account, if possible, and I would like to know how it works in Heart Gold / Soul Silver.

What is the damage calculation for critical hits? There is no direct relationship from what I've seen, and all calculations are skewed by one factor or another, most of the time being increased or decreased stats.

Critical Hits do double the damage of normal.

A perk of crits is that if you swords dance up to +6 it'll do your critical hit at 4x your attack, if you're charmed to -6 it'll use your normal attack for the crit etc... This is probably the complication you were asking about.

Critical Hits do double the damage of normal.

A perk of crits is that if you swords dance up to +6 it'll do your critical hit at 4x your attack, if you're charmed to -6 it'll use your normal attack for the crit etc... This is probably the complication you were asking about.
So how come if you have +6 Attack and you get a critical hit on a Pokémon with much higher Defense than your Attack and +6 Defense, it does massive amounts of damage more than double?

So how come if you have +6 Attack and you get a critical hit on a Pokémon with much higher Defense than your Attack and +6 Defense, it does massive amounts of damage more than double?
does double damage, negate all boost in the enemy defense while you atack but still keep your boosts.

Oh wow okay then. Can't say that's fair at all, but then again it is about critical hits...
That's critical for you. Ignores all the bad stat changes, but keeps all the good ones.
I've lost my defence Boosted Suicune several times like that.
Mind you, they were usually high crit-rate moves, so I clearly should have known better.

On a cartridge (HGSS), how do you guys train up to Level 100 quickly (without cheating)? Fighting the elite four and wild pokemon is painfully slow

If you have a Lucky Egg, that doubles experience received. You also get more experience for traded Pokémon; so if you have more than one game, you could trade them to a different cartridge and level up there. Rare Candies are useful once you get to the higher levels. If you have Pokémon with Pickup, I think they can find Rare Candies once they're high enough level. You can also get one a day in Platinum by taking the Maid challenge and stealing the one that Blissey holds with Thief.

@blueduck
Get a nice person, who is willing to rare candy your pokemon. Anyway, dont expect them to do it, if you dont ev train it, because people want a clone of that competitive pokemon. So just as I said, if its some kind of Calm Feraligatr, you want to get to 100, which has crap IVs/EVs, dont ask, you will waste your time

If you have a Lucky Egg, that doubles experience received. You also get more experience for traded Pokémon; so if you have more than one game, you could trade them to a different cartridge and level up there. Rare Candies are useful once you get to the higher levels. If you have Pokémon with Pickup, I think they can find Rare Candies once they're high enough level. You can also get one a day in Platinum by taking the Maid challenge and stealing the one that Blissey holds with Thief.
Thanks for the tips, but even so it seems that it would take weeks to get a team of lvl 100 pokemon. I see people around here and on youtube with multiple teams of quality lvl 100s. Do you guys really play that much? I know about the daycare trick, but then you have to cross your fingers and hope your egg moves dont get deleted or go around hunting for heart scales :(

Ahhh, that.
I had that problem when I first started.
First go on wifi, select a lv100 battle, all pokemon will be raised to level 100, with EVs/IVs and Natures in check

Or manufacture them with Shuckle (give it an Oran Berry to hold and run around a lot); I have no idea how efficient that method is compared to the others, though, because i've never tried.

Two questions:

1. If a Flying-type uses a Flying-type move while Gravity is in effect, does it still get STAB?

2. If, in a double battle, you send out 2 Pokemon with Intimidate, do both opponent's Pokemans get their attack lowered by 2 stages, or just 1?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
1. Yes. To clarify, Gravity does not remove flying typing, only ground immunity.
2. 2 stages each

Does the attack Thief always takes an opponent's item?

If not, what are the chances it will?
Thief/Covet WILL steal the enemy's item if you don't have one and they do, unless they have Sticky Hold or are an Arceus with a Plate or a Giratina-O due to how Multitype and the Griseous Orb respectively work.

Can Miltank actually learn counter? In the sets on Smogon and on Serebii Counter is listed under 'Other Options' but when I check Serebii and even the official strategy guide with the pokedex in it, It doesnt say anywhere that can learn it. If it can how does it? Please, I need this awnsered...

haunter

Banned deucer.
Can Miltank actually learn counter? In the sets on Smogon and on Serebii Counter is listed under 'Other Options' but when I check Serebii and even the official strategy guide with the pokedex in it, It doesnt say anywhere that can learn it. If it can how does it? Please, I need this awnsered...
it's a tutor move. Miltank can learn it in Emerald.

how do you get badges on smogon forums or under username
here.

Is Aqua Ring worth it? It'd be fun to pass it on to Suicune along with the defence boosted Substitute, but that leaves Vaporeon with no attacks!
I feel like that's a dubious situation at best.
If I ditched Substitute and let Suicune make his own?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is Aqua Ring worth it? It'd be fun to pass it on to Suicune along with the defence boosted Substitute, but that leaves Vaporeon with no attacks!
I feel like that's a dubious situation at best.
If I ditched Substitute and let Suicune make his own?
If you're planning on passing Aqua Ring to Suicune, then having Vaporeon run Aqua Ring/Baton Pass/Surf/Substitute is fine, no? Suicune can then still have CM/Sub just in case it gets broken.

Which Milotic "spread" is more usable in OU?

The classic 148 HP/108 Special Attack/252 Defense (takes special and physical hits alright)

Max Special Defense and HP, to take advantage of Milotic's amazing special defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)