Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if you aren't maxing out a stat, but you are still putting EVs into, it how important is it to have a perfect 31 IV?

for example i'm trying to decide on a Cresselia. One has a 31 Def IV, the other a 27 IV. how much of a difference will that make since i'm not maxing it out (112 EVs)?

also is there anywhere on Smogon that lists the formulas for these calculations? like damage, stats, etc.
There will be a 2-4 point difference. You might want to put a tiny bit more into defense if you're concerned with perfection, but otherwise it's fine.

I need some opinions on MixTar... Should I run Mild/Lonely/Hasty/Rash/Naughty/Naive? SS would cover the SpDef drop, but TTars main strength is its ability to switch in on special attackers... Also, should I go for a DD MixTar is there a different, more useful set not named TBoah? Advice please.

@ Archer, it doubles both Att and SpAtt.

@ Age of Kings and Fenikkusu, i guess a four point difference isn't that bad. maybe this is a better question... which Cresselia would you pick?:

Relaxed 29 / 19 / 27 / 29 / 29 / 11
OR
Bold 31 / 15 / 31 /18 / 31 / 6

i think the Relaxed one is better all round, due to SpAtt, but the Bold has perfect defenses / Hp.

@ Archer, it doubles both Att and SpAtt.

@ Age of Kings and Fenikkusu, i guess a four point difference isn't that bad. maybe this is a better question... which Cresselia would you pick?:

Relaxed 29 / 19 / 27 / 29 / 29 / 11
OR
Bold 31 / 15 / 31 /18 / 31 / 6

i think the Relaxed one is better all round, due to SpAtt, but the Bold has perfect defenses / Hp.
For toxi-stalling bold. For overall relaxed.

Is it wrong to use the action replay to catch ditto easily in other places, but no absurd stat enz., and then using them for breeding?

Ok, I need a good wall breaker. I'm not weak to any particular wall, so I want it to be effective as possible. Preferably able to kill Suicune. Any wall-breaking suggestions?

Not Raikou. I don't have one...

Is it wrong to use the action replay to catch ditto easily in other places, but no absurd stat enz., and then using them for breeding?
Yes, if you're talking about D/P any ditto not caught in route 218?(ditto route) is considered illegal even if the ivs are legit.

Ok, I need a good wall breaker. I'm not weak to any particular wall, so I want it to be effective as possible. Preferably able to kill Suicune. Any wall-breaking suggestions?

Not Raikou. I don't have one...
Mixape takes care of Suicune with NPed Grass Knot.

Due to suicune's bulkyness, nothing can switch in safely. If you want something that can take an ice beam or surf, Bulkydos walls it decently.(with taunt) You'll have to watch out for suicunes that carry hp electric though.

Is there a better place to level up pokemon with a lucky egg than fighting Fisherman Alex and Rich boy Trey with the vs seeker?
Third time.

Also,

was it ever proven by hacking the game and looking at the code that long poke radar chains increase the odds of a shiny? Or is it just superstition?

Does Pursuit get a Technician boost on the switch? Does it just make it a 100 BP move or does it double after the Technician boost to make it 120?

Can someone tell me how to calculate stat boots from BellyDrum and Salac Berry?

EDIT: Like what you do to know the Atk and Speed, respectivly, after it is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)