Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a used LeafGreen game, and it came with a save file that had a lot of Pokémon, obviously sharked, but without going into detail, one caught my attention.

There's a japanese Celebi. Name セレビィ, OT アゲト and ID No. 31121, which coincides with the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc Celebi. It's odd for someone to hack Japanese names (plus the game had another Celebi, with an american name/OT), let alone japanese OTs around these parts, but the Celebi having a Modest nature makes me doubt if it's legit.

Is there another way to check if this Pokemon is legit in D/P? Under which conditions Pokemon Battle Revolution displays Pokemon as bad EGGs? This LeafGreen game seems to have been used to dump clones of Pokemon in it too, as it has multiples copies of the same Zigzagoon, with same nature, gender, stats and nickname.

Give it to a hack checker. Dawnbringer/goodbar in the wifi forum.

From what I've read, PBR only blocks stuff that has over 510 EVs. But there is a second filter when you go online for random battles. Apparently that one's harder to get through.

Your best bet would probably be to get a hack-checker here to have a look at it. Unless there's something obviously wrong with it. In LeafGreen, does it say it was met in a fateful encounter? Legit ones should say that. If it doesn't say that, it's a definite hack.

Maybe I am way off on this but in the damage calculation by X-Act...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=506880&postcount=1

Ok so if a -6 attack stage pokemon scores a critical hit, then its as if his attack was was at normal, and similarly a +6 defense stage opponent would be as if its defense was normal?

Sorry if this is stupidly obvious, but I have this bad tendency to misread or miss things in a 'RTFC' manner.
basicaly a -6 attack pokemon attacks a +6 defense pokemon and scores a crit it becomes a 0 attack stage pokemon vs a 0 defence stage pokemon

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard of natures stopping a pokemon from being absolute flawless, like Quiet (I believe is one of them) what are the other natures? Is there a list anywhere?
Does anyone know of this? I haven't had any luck using a search engine either >.>

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know of this? I haven't had any luck using a search engine either >.>
Oh, it's because of the PID's list of possible IVs. I don't know exactly, but looks like Adamant pokémon can't have 31 Attack. However, it's only when you catch them in the wild, without Synchronize. Using Synchronize (well, Jibaku told so...) or breeding (because the inherited IVs override the originals), however, it's possible to get even a six-flawless Adamant pokémon.

Thanks Jiggy Ninja for the Iv checking code. The other ones haven't worked for me so far.

=D

Anyone who can direct me to all Tms/Hms code, it would be much appreciated. Incase one of the Ivs turn out to be 0. <_<

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Jiggy Ninja for the Iv checking code. The other ones haven't worked for me so far.

=D

Anyone who can direct me to all Tms/Hms code, it would be much appreciated. Incase one of the Ivs turn out to be 0. <_<
If one of them turn out to be 0, just check some pokémon you know that doesn't have any 0s. All of them will return to you.

When EV training with the Pokerus and Power Items does the EV gained get calculated as:

Machop 1 Atk EV

(1+4)x2=10
or (1x2)+4=6

Your best bet would probably be to get a hack-checker here to have a look at it. Unless there's something obviously wrong with it. In LeafGreen, does it say it was met in a fateful encounter? Legit ones should say that. If it doesn't say that, it's a definite hack.

Traded the Celebi today to Emerald for cloning and transferring to D/P. Both Emerald and LeafGreen report the Celebi as being met in a fateful encounter at Lv. 10. D/P reports the Pokémon as being from Hoenn, and there's no mention of a fateful encounter here.

As I only have one legit event Pokémon, and haven't transfered it yet to D/P, I don't know if D/P reports them as being met in a fateful encounter too. But shouldn't this Celebi's native region be "Distant land"? Is it safe to assume this Celebi is hacked?

Traded the Celebi today to Emerald for cloning and transferring to D/P. Both Emerald and LeafGreen report the Celebi as being met in a fateful encounter at Lv. 10. D/P reports the Pokémon as being from Hoenn, and there's no mention of a fateful encounter here.

As I only have one legit event Pokémon, and haven't transfered it yet to D/P, I don't know if D/P reports them as being met in a fateful encounter too. But shouldn't this Celebi's native region be "Distant land"? Is it safe to assume this Celebi is hacked?
Legit in DP (transfered from Hoenn/Kanto)

Arrived from Hoenn
Shouldn't say met from a fateful encounter.

Looks legit to me

@Jibaku, the chance of a legendary being shiny is the same whether or not you use a Synchronizer.

@togekiss-wave, you can only nickname Pokemon if you are the OT of the Pokemon.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@Jibaku, the chance of a legendary being shiny is the same whether or not you use a Synchronizer.
I don't mean the chance. I meant if the nature will be affected by the sync or not

Little question... if I use Ingrain with a Cradily, but that Cradily has Shed Shell equipped, which one takes preference, the shell that says "you can switch" or the attack that says "nuh-huh"?

@Jibaku, sorry about that. The chance of the Pokemon having the same nature as the Synchronizer is not affected by shininess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)