Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Rhyperior but i guess he will be overshadowed by his other ability ?
Lightningrod is never a good ability for a Rhyperior, and I'll tell you why.

1: With or without the ability, Rhyperior, as a Ground-type, is already immune to Electric moves.
2: Due to its natural immunity to Electric moves, Rhyperior cannot reap the Special Attack boost from Lightningrod.
3: Even if it could have its Special Attack boosted by Lightningrod, its Special Attack is so low that it wouldn't matter in the slightest.
4: Solid Rock exists.

Which hits harder...

1) +Atk natured Technician boosted Bug Bite from Scizor.

2) Neutral Atk natured Hustle boosted X-Scissor from Durant.

*edit*

Assume 252 Atk EVs for both.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I also use Windows 7, so that's not the issue. Do you have Microsoft Silverlight downloaded onto your computer? According to the description in the original post of that thread, you need that to get the calculator to work. If you don't, I believe there's a link in the original post.
Ok i will try it out!Thx again man!

Which hits harder...

1) +Atk natured Technician boosted Bug Bite from Scizor.

2) Neutral Atk natured Hustle boosted X-Scissor from Durant.
On a 140 HP / 32 Def Rhyperior:

252 Atk Jolly Choice Band Durant with the Hustle ability (712 Atk) deals 49.8% - 58.6% with X-Scissor.

252 Atk Adamant Choice Band Scizor with the Technician ability (591 Atk) deals 46.1% - 54.7% with Bug Bite.

From these calculations, you can assume that Durant deals more damage.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does Victini's Victory Star accuracy boost affect your active pokemon when Victini is not active? For example say I have a Zapdos out and a Victini in my party and zapdos uses thunder. Will the accuracy be 70% or 80%? If so, does it work even when Victini has fainted?

Does Victini's Victory Star accuracy boost affect your active pokemon when Victini is not active? For example say I have a Zapdos out and a Victini in my party and zapdos uses thunder. Will the accuracy be 70% or 80%? If so, does it work even when Victini has fainted?
No it only affects Victini and team members on the field with it in double and triple battles.

Will the accuracy be 70% or 80%?
For all intents and purposes, accuracy boosts from Victory Star and other accuracy-boosting items or abilities are multiplicative. They are not calculated by adding the base accuracy with the boost, but as base accuracy * ((boost multiplier / 100) + 1). For example, if Victini used Focus Blast, the accuracy would be 70 multiplied by ((10 divided by 100) plus 1), which would lead to 77%.

Lightningrod is never a good ability for a Rhyperior, and I'll tell you why.

1: With or without the ability, Rhyperior, as a Ground-type, is already immune to Electric moves.
2: Due to its natural immunity to Electric moves, Rhyperior cannot reap the Special Attack boost from Lightningrod.
3: Even if it could have its Special Attack boosted by Lightningrod, its Special Attack is so low that it wouldn't matter in the slightest.
4: Solid Rock exists.
By never I suppose you mean in Singles. In doubles Rhyperior can abuse Lightningrod and its Electric-immunity to protect a water/flying partner. It sounds even better when we consider that, with a flying type in the field, Rhyperior can spam Earthquakes and will have its grass-weakness covered.

Can Ubers come back down to OU or are they stuck there till next Gen?
It's very rare and will probably not happen, but if there is a major metagame shift that results in a poke not being broken any more, where it might get another suspect test. Really, the only things I can think of this gen's Ubers is Techniloom becoming the #1 poke when it's released, then maybe they'll retest Excadrill. As I said, highly unlikely regardless.

Can Ubers come back down to OU or are they stuck there till next Gen?
It's honestly hard to say, because the suspect testing process that was used in the last generation has been abolished. It depends on how Smogon's policies for the determining of Ubers develops in the future.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^In short, it's a combination of its pretty sweet STAB moves, giving it nearly unresisted coverage, its ability that makes actually hitting it a matter of luck if sandstorm is up, its quite-a-bit-above-average Attack AND Speed, and its vast movepool. With Yache Berry, it's almost impossible to OHKO with any move, allowing it to get up a Swords Dance. Then, with just three moves, it can OHKO or 2HKO any Pokémon in the non-Ubers metagame, most of which it'll outspeed.

In short: In order for you to take down a Garchomp, at least one of your Pokémon will be KO'd. Back in its glory days, the "average" team in OU would consist of:
- Lead setting up Stealth Rock and/or Sandstorm
- Garchomp-counter 1
- Garchomp-counter 2
- Garchomp-counter-counter 1
- Garchomp-counter-counter 2
- Garchomp.

I believe Staryu is genderless, so u cant breed it with other Staryus. :/ And any breeding with Ditto involved won't pass DW ability either.

Mixed Gyara = ? moves, EVs, Nature?
I suppose it would use Thunder as special attack?
Max+ Life Orb Thunder barely guarantees ohko on 4/0 Starmie.
You need Stealth Rock to KO 252/0 Skarmory (well, Sturdy). Without Life Orb (but still with Max+) you have no chance even with SR up (it deals 70-83%).
Or maybe Fire Blast? You need Max+ LO to guarantee KO on Standard Ferro, even with rocks up. With Rain up it's 3hko if he doesn't Leech Seed and you hit all the time.
Yep, Gyarados' special attacks are that weak.

I'd hardly call it viable tbh.

Sorry about the confusion. Here is the set that I was thinking:

Gyarados @ Life Orb and Intimidate

Rash (I know that is a bad nature, but I cannot think of another)

252 Atk and Sp.Atk and 4 Speed

-Thunder
-Bounce
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Waterfall

This is designed for use against Rain Teams. I have problems against them and I have a strong distaste for ferrothorn....

Does this help?

Not having DD and only having 4 Speed EV's makes Gyarados pretty slow, and the only thing you'll outspeed is... Scizor, so its incredibly easy to revenge.

It won't help against Ferro at all. Bounce (the strongest thing you'll hit it with) only does 39.5-47% against 252/4 Ferro, and you're giving it a free turn for Lefties/hazards.

Just use a DD set. It takes a lot of dedication to make 60 base Sp. Atk work.

^In short, it's a combination of its pretty sweet STAB moves, giving it nearly unresisted coverage, its ability that makes actually hitting it a matter of luck if sandstorm is up, its quite-a-bit-above-average Attack AND Speed, and its vast movepool. With Yache Berry, it's almost impossible to OHKO with any move, allowing it to get up a Swords Dance. Then, with just three moves, it can OHKO or 2HKO any Pokémon in the non-Ubers metagame, most of which it'll outspeed.

In short: In order for you to take down a Garchomp, at least one of your Pokémon will be KO'd. Back in its glory days, the "average" team in OU would consist of:
- Lead setting up Stealth Rock and/or Sandstorm
- Garchomp-counter 1
- Garchomp-counter 2
- Garchomp-counter-counter 1
- Garchomp-counter-counter 2
- Garchomp.
So basicly it's a slightly bulkier, slightly slower Terrakion with Sand Veil.

It's been a while since I played in the BW OU metagame, a bit less than a year; however, I regained my interest in it. Still, I noticed I'm quite behind in the metagame and need to learn it. What I'm asking is which type of team would allow me to best learn it? I was thinking of using either a BO or a stall team for this purpose, but I'm open to any suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)