Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would definitely go with cyndaquil just because of my biased liking of fire types
as for my question wich type combinations have the most super effective coverage?

1)Is it possible if I use the battle subway to check the IV of my baby gible since it's stats automatically goes to the lvl 50 one or are the stats toned down

2) Is the SID only needed for shinies~? Can I still try RNG without my SID

In Doubles, If you have a Ground-type with Lighting Rod say Rhyperior, and your partner uses Discharge is the entire move drawn or will it still hit the opponent's pokemon?
The entire move is drawn
That actually isn't the case. Discharge ignores the drawing aspect of lightningrod. It does still power up non-ground-types with it, but it will always target everyone but the user. Just tested it on Black with double grass and lightningrod Rhydon.

1)Is it possible if I use the battle subway to check the IV of my baby gible since it's stats automatically goes to the lvl 50 one or are the stats toned down

2) Is the SID only needed for shinies~? Can I still try RNG without my SID
1) Yes, though it might not be able to narrow down all the IVs, so you might still end up with ranges. Best way is to enter the level 1 stats, then the level 2 stats (via rare candy) and so on into an IV calculator, and then work out the overlaps in the ranges until you figure it out.

2) No. You need the SID to be able to RNG. Me, I found mine by trading a pokemon I caught on Black to my flashcart and found it through Pokesav, but I know there are people on the wifi boards can do this for you for the right price.

I just connected to the dream world for the first time and unlocked Arceus with the password. It said Arceus would be sent to my game the next time I connected, but I haven't seen it anywhere. How can I send what I unlock in the Dream World to my game? Also, how can I get to the Entree?

How does one "upload an animated gif" for a signature. Because according to regular posting privlages, we can all do that, but a gif is an image and you can't use images in sigs...

Is this just the mods trolling us or what?

How does one "upload an animated gif" for a signature. Because according to regular posting privlages, we can all do that, but a gif is an image and you can't use images in sigs...

Is this just the mods trolling us or what?
While it does say that, regular users still can't have any sort of image in their signature, whether its a .jpg or .gif or whatever

Thanks again A1 for the IV checking tip and Misdreavus for the confirmation :) Much appreciated :D Excited to try RNG now that I don't need my SID for perfect iv (non shiny) pokemons

There's some new DW Pokemon released, including two new areas. Thundurus, Excadrill, and Deoxys-S are Uber and some Pokemon have moved into OU from the lower tiers.

I'd say play though HGSS since those seem to be the best in-game. Tododile and Cyndaquil both work well in there but you could use Chikorita if you want a challenge.
Thanks for the reply. HG/SS sounds good. [can't believe excadrill is uber] Since I have both versions I can save 1 file at least.

Cyndaquil will have to dominate the world once again. [Chikorita might be a little challenging.. but if anything, it's just extremely boring, but then again... interesting movepool.]

Oh well, HGSS it is, thanks.

My "Superachi" only has a Speed IV of 18 (it's from the Colosseum Bonus Disc and does have HP Fire along with a Timid nature and good overall IVs, so it was a lucky grab). The analysis notes that with a Speed IV of 30 it outspeeds Hydreigon and ties with other 30-IV base-100 Pokémon. I can't do either of those; the maximum Speed stat I can reach is 314 (max Speed Hydreigon has a Speed stat of 324). Should I still invest 252 EVs in Speed, and if not, then how much? What should I aim to outspeed?

EDIT: 228 EVs allows me to Speed tie with MixMence and SubPar Jirachi, and accordingly, 232 EVs allows me to outspeed them, so maybe I'll use one of those numbers. Thoughts?

What if I use Aromatherapy/Heal Bell and have a Poison Heal Gliscor that is poisoned already, will it be cured of it's poison?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yes, but if it has Toxic Orb the end of the first turn it is in battle it will become re-poisoned.

I've been away from Smogon since like early December, and now I'm getting back into it. I updated my PO to the newest one on the PO Downloads page (I think it's 1.0.5.3, I could check if it really matters).

However, when I try and enter the SU server it just gives me a blank screen, and it can't seem to actually get into the server.
So has the SU server been down a lot lately or is there some glitch in this version of PO or what? I'm sure someone who's been here all this time will be able to tell if Smogon is having server troubles again.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)