Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've been reading the Sleep Clause thread in PR and was wondering: is there any concrete reason that no one seems to be actually considering the testing of a sleep clause-less metagame? Like, was there testing in 4th gen that brought to light the non-competitiveness of a rule set without sleep clause, or is the theorymon just strong enough to make it unquestionable?

Can someone please explain to me how in game battling works on wifi?

For playing random people, is it always 3 v 3 (single, double, or triple battle)? Can you only play people on your friend code list 6 v 6? Are there any clauses, items, moves, or Pokemon that can't be used in random play?

Thanks...

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Okay, I've been reading the Sleep Clause thread in PR and was wondering: is there any concrete reason that no one seems to be actually considering the testing of a sleep clause-less metagame? Like, was there testing in 4th gen that brought to light the non-competitiveness of a rule set without sleep clause, or is the theorymon just strong enough to make it unquestionable?
Check the policy review. There has been a lot of discussion over the last few days.

Check the policy review. There has been a lot of discussion over the last few days.
I read the entirety of the Sleep Clause and [other] Clauses threads in policy review... The way the discussion has been going is actually the reason I'm asking the question.

I just thought of something: How easy would checking be when SRing the cover legendaries? You're sent straight into battle after catching them and if the in-battle stat screen is the same as in Gen 4 you wouldn't get to see their nature. Did they change the stat screen or would you need to lose the following battle to get to check them out?

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to give me an Exp.Share ? :/

I know that there are only two ingame, so I completely understand any refusal, but, yeah, I'm asking, because I'm in big despair without it for training my Pokes ^^'.
Up to the next page. Please ^^.

What does it mean when the game says, "You are out of room for Wonder Cards."? This happened when I was trying to get the event Mew.
You wanted the Gen 4 thread.

But to answer your question, you can only have three Wonder Cards. Just pick up one of the event things you've got lined up and then delete the corresponding Wonder Card. Nothing bad will happen.

Can someone tell me how to wake up my pokemon in the dream world so I can take it back, please?

Edit: never mind, found it.

Weak-kneed...uh...Timid...no wait uh...faint hearted...
THE ABILITY THE FLYING FOSSIL HAS

I know it cuts attack in half, but what about special attack?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Weak-kneed...uh...Timid...no wait uh...faint hearted...
THE ABILITY THE FLYING FOSSIL HAS

I know it cuts attack in half, but what about special attack?
cuts both attack stats
look in the research thread for questions like this next time.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Do you only see your opponent's team in random wifi battles?
With fc battles are the teams still hidden?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The 4th generation game must also be Japanese in order to use the Pokeshifter. It is not DSi only, it just requires two DS systems.

Thanks. I was in the building for pokeshifting and got some misleading info on the screen in English, some message that included in English the words DSi/DSiLL, and nothing happened after I got the message. But I finally found a reference elsewhere on how to get the two games to communicate.

In the pokeshifter you cannot transfer pokemon with hm moves. Does that mean that the Pikachu from the pokewalker with Surf/Fly cannot be transfered unless those moves are deleted? if So doesnt that defeat the purpose of having them because once you delete those moves it becomes a standard pikachu??

Might belong in the Wifi Simple Requests thread, but are there currently any trade threads for Generation V? I doubt it, but just wondering- I'm not motivated to search through dozens of trade threads :D

(Not that I have anything to offer; starting my first BP this weekend, though!)

Sry if this is a stupid question, but will stats revert to original after you switch the Pokemon, like using Draco Meteor and then U-Turn later ( in this case Sp.A )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)