Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to get in to some heavy competitive battling soon.

Been reading a lot of articles so far the best guides I have found are:
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pokémon/Competitive_battling
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version/faqs/61933

and of course I've skimmed through just about all the articles smogon has
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/

I'd appreciate it if others could share some links to guides for battling.

I'm also looking forward to having a tutor from the Battle 101 course.

as I'm just starting my Competitive circuit maybe someone can get me pointed in the right direction.

This confuses me. Do you mean that it won't say you have the virus anymore but you still get double the EVs after it is gone?
A Pokemon that ever gets Pokerus has always gained double the EVs, no matter if it's cured or not.

Losing the [Pokerus] logo on the status screen simply means it is no longer contagious.

Is there a simple text list of all the unova pokemon somewhere? No Pictures, no numbers, just the names?
Victini
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Patrat
Watchog
Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Purrloin
Liepard
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Munna
Musharna
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Roggenrola
Boldore
Gigalith
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Audino
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sawk
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Venipede
Whirlipede
Scolipede
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Petilil
Lilligant
Basculin
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Maractus
Dwebble
Crustle
Scraggy
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Trubbish
Garbodor
Zorua
Zoroark
Minccino
Cinccino
Gothita
Gothorita
Gothitelle
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Emolga
Karrablast
Escavalier
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Alomomola
Joltik
Galvantula
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Axew
Fraxure
Haxorus
Cubchoo
Beartic
Cryogonal
Shelmet
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Druddigon
Golett
Golurk
Pawniard
Bisharp
Bouffalant
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Durant
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
Larvesta
Volcarona
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Back in previous generations, I read that eggs hatched when the egg counter reached zero, and it was lowered every 256 steps. I was breeding a bit in Black when I had two eggs hatch literally one step after another. It has happened twice: once with a Munna, and once with Litwick.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, could someone point me to the new breeding/hatching formula (if it has been discovered)?

Where is the entrance into the giant chasm? I'm trying to find TM13 (Ice Beam) and I can't find the entrance to the cave.
Go east of Lacunosa Town (Route 13) , go down and surf up the area with water. Surf to the north, and you should see an entrance to a cave. There'll be an exit inside, and you're in the Giant Chasm. (iirc. I think the outer part is also an are of the Giant Chasm. xD)

Edit: * aquasuicune This also happened to me already. I didn't find any problems with it, though.
**Still looking for a Dark Pulse Seviper/Ekans/Arbok. Thanks. :)

IIRC, on Route 13, go down to the water, then try and head north along the east coast. You'll need to do some Surfing. You should reach the Giant Chasm. Also, bring someone with Strength, there's a boulder you can push to make a shortcut.

I've had the same egg issue; my first eggs to hatch were two cottonee's, gotten right from the day-care man, with no interruptions; and they hatched, one step after another. Also happened with Breloom and Oddish, and my friends have had it happen too.
I don't think it's an issue, but it is something to look into

I've had the same egg issue; my first eggs to hatch were two cottonee's, gotten right from the day-care man, with no interruptions; and they hatched, one step after another. Also happened with Breloom and Oddish, and my friends have had it happen too.
I don't think it's an issue, but it is something to look into
no, i don't think it is a prob. The game simply is unable to handle 2 eggs hatching at the same time, so it places the hatching eggs in a queue and hatches them every step.

I have a quick EVing question:

I have a Poke who I want to EV to take special attacks as well as possible with absolutely ZERO concern for how he takes physical attacks. NONE AT ALL. I only have 256 EVs to do this. What's the best arrangement for a purely special viewpoint:

252 HP, 4 Special Defense
4 HP, 252 Special Defense
or somewhere in between (128/132?)

?

no, i don't think it is a prob. The game simply is unable to handle 2 eggs hatching at the same time, so it places the hatching eggs in a queue and hatches them every step.
In 4th gen, I thought if both eggs are on the same counter then it must take 256 steps in between them, then the second one hatches
eg.

1. Deposit Ditto and Magikarp
2. Run until one egg is generated
3. Get egg off old man
4. Straight away, put egg into PC
5. Run until another egg is produced
6. Get egg
7. Go towards PC in exact same tile route
8. You now have two eggs with the exact same steps taken with them
9. Both magikarp have 10 cycles to go through
10. Run
11. Run some more
12. You have counted steps they have 1 step cycle each
13. Theoretically they have 256-(number of steps to PC)
14. Step cycle is done
15. first egg hatches
16. 256 steps later
17. second egg hatches

I thought this was how it is, feel free to question/correct/ninja this

kalamadude basically, you want to maximise the product of special defense and HP. The actual stats, after all EVs, and taking into account IVs and Natures.

If you post the actual Pokemon in question, someone can probably sort you out the EV spread.

I have a quick EVing question:

I have a Poke who I want to EV to take special attacks as well as possible with absolutely ZERO concern for how he takes physical attacks. NONE AT ALL. I only have 256 EVs to do this. What's the best arrangement for a purely special viewpoint:

252 HP, 4 Special Defense
4 HP, 252 Special Defense
or somewhere in between (128/132?)

?
If you most want to take special attacks, you should invest 252 in SPD, and 4 in HP, but this depends on the base stats of the poke in question. If you told us the base stats for hp and SpD, it would help greatly.

Has anyone considered Durant + Victini in multiples? With Hustle Durant's attack can reach an impressive 522, while Victory Star partially offsets the accuracy drop from Hustle. Their type synergy's OK, sharing no weaknesses. No good in VGC unfortunately.

If you most want to take special attacks, you should invest 252 in SPD, and 4 in HP, but this depends on the base stats of the poke in question. If you told us the base stats for hp and SpD, it would help greatly.
Woop sorry folks, it's an Adamant Tyranitar with (obviously) 31 in both stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)