Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer

How does Scarf Shaymin-S fare against the top leads?
Vs Deo-s: Win if you can get one flinch provided it isn't scarfed.
Vs Deo-A: one flinch, and you win, because espeed doesn't kill you.
Vs. Kyogre: Seed flare doesn't kill, switch out
Vs. Groudon: A seed flare will kill, win.
Vs. Dialga: No way in hell earth power OHKOs, and flamethrower will ko, lose.
Vs. Shaymin-S: speedtie
Vs. Rayquaza: Fireblast/espeed will ko, and he carries sash, lose.
Vs. Gira-O: Way too bulky to die to an unboosted hp ice, lose
Vs. Scizor: Bullet punch either 2hkos or 3hkos, don't remember which, and can't be flinch if he bullet punches. lose.

Exactly how often does skymin flinch? I'm using a dialga/uxie as a trick room lead and uxie can't take a complete assualt of air slashes. Dialga can, but I still hate the flinch.

I've just recently decided to play into the ubers meta game but i do not have access to shoddy so i play on Wi-fi and for that reason is much harder to decide about EV spreads and movesets... for that reason i would like to ask what is , in general, more effective for a calm mind latias to have: grass knot or thunder? or it depends solely of the rest of the team?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CM Latias is better off with Thunder in my opinion, since it doesn't become absolutely helpless against Pursuiting Steels like Scizor and Metagross.

CM Latias is better off with Thunder in my opinion, since it doesn't become absolutely helpless against Pursuiting Steels like Scizor and Metagross.
Also, Kyogre hates boosted thunders, and Groudon won't like dragon pulses at all.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really not sure how effective Sub/T-Wave Jirachi would be in Ubers, so I wouldn't know a good EV set. However, it would probably be good to start at something like 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spe with a Jolly nature or something like that. I could probably do some testing, I guess.

I need to replace my lead (groudon sucks) and I was wondering, what are some of the best leads right now? I was looking at offensive deoxys, grass knot/thunder/superpower/e-speed looks like it could do some damage

Sub wave rachi has worked wonderfully for me in ubers. I'm running a 252HP/104Atk/136SDef/16Spd set at the moment. Have max HP for the sub, some speed EVs to outrun things with little EV investment, get a jump point with SDef and dump rest into attack. I'm not sure if it is the best or whether I should add more speed.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I need to replace my lead (groudon sucks) and I was wondering, what are some of the best leads right now? I was looking at offensive deoxys, grass knot/thunder/superpower/e-speed looks like it could do some damage
There are so many, but one that I have found to do surprisingly well is semi-bulky Specs Kyogre. It's so much an anti lead but often gets two kills right from the start. It's especially good on rain teams.

Scarf Deo-S does really well. Rayquaza is also good, however it really depends on the team you are working on. If you tell us what kind of team you are using or what you would like the lead to do, I'm sure we could help you out a bit better.

also, I've been trying a couple different steel types to absorb dragon attacks. Since the only steel Uber, dialga, is neutral to dragon, I have to use OU steels. I found that heatran fell to easily, and scizor, even with max defenses and light screen and roost, fell to easily. Are there any better steel types out there, like jirachi, or is scizor the best it gets? Jirachi just seems kinda dead weight outside of sponging dragon attacks.

also, I've been trying a couple different steel types to absorb dragon attacks. Since the only steel Uber, dialga, is neutral to dragon, I have to use OU steels. I found that heatran fell to easily, and scizor, even with max defenses and light screen and roost, fell to easily. Are there any better steel types out there, like jirachi, or is scizor the best it gets? Jirachi just seems kinda dead weight outside of sponging dragon attacks.

There is Metagross (I didn't get my username for nothing.....I'm changing it soon though....I hate being abreveated (spelling?) as 'meta' )

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
You'll actually see that Jibaku uses Heatran and Jirachi as his two main Dragon-resist mons in his Vulcan Fury RMT. I've used that team before and Heatran is fairly reliable, while Jirachi is also useful as a revenge killer.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
For a team that just requires a generic Dragon resist, Specially Defensive Scizor or Specially Defensive Wish/T-Wave/Iron Head/U-Turn Jirachi are the best options.

I was at a lost for a dragon resist until I found sub wave jirachi. It is awesome. Forrestress can be used on stall though and scizor can be used as a revenger.

I'm really not sure how effective Sub/T-Wave Jirachi would be in Ubers, so I wouldn't know a good EV set. However, it would probably be good to start at something like 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spe with a Jolly nature or something like that. I could probably do some testing, I guess.
I've been using a Deoxys-s lead with a sash and t-wave, SR, taunt, and psycho boost. I get rocks up everytime, I get a t-wave on them 75% of the time, and I can easily taunt slower leads. I really like using it because putting a t-wave on their lead and it being taunted makes it really easy to get my RP groudon set up.

How would one go about using Abamasnow in Ubers? I am trying the Protect/Leech Seed/Blizzard/Woodhammer set, and find it... okay...

It has max HP & SpD to better counter Kyogre, but I fear that it doesn't do much besides counter Kyogre and make Hail.

What teammates would work best (Froslass? Weavile?). I found that Mewtwo with Blizzard, Aura Sphere, Flamethrower, and Thunder works great to outspeed and hit most threats hard.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm building a new ubers team, i've been wondering if Wobby was enough to take dragon attacks. I have Rayquaza as my weakness, however, should I use anouther steel type? If so, who? Thanks.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
PDC, having Wobbuffet as your sole answer to Dragon-type attacks isn't wise. Wobbuffet will be worn down by repeated Dragon-type attacks such as Outrage and Draco Meteor due to its lack of recovery. You mentioned having difficulties versus Rayqauza, right? Well, a Jolly Rayquaza with a DD under its belt deals a hefty 90.9% - 107% to Wobbuffet, a very likely chance to KO, especially if SR is present. With that said, you'll definitely want a Pokémon that can keep Rayquaza and other Dragons in check.

The best method of dealing with most Rayquaza variants is revenge killing with a faster Pokémon, usually a Scarfer. If you want a Steel-type revenge killer, Jirachi isn't a bad option. It can outpace a +1 DD Rayquaza and kill it with Ice Punch if said Jirachi is holding Choice Scarf. It can also take Dragon-type attacks decently. Other revenge killers include Scarf Garchomp, Palkia, and Mewtwo (I'm pretty sure they all survive a boosted ExtremeSpeed!) Unfortunately, Garchomp, Mewtwo, and Palkia run into trouble with SD Rayquaza's ExtremeSpeed, especially if entry hazards are present. SD Rayquaza can be dealt with by Scarf Dialga and the not so common Scarf Metagross. If you want to take a defensive route to deal with Rayquaza, bulky Lugia does an effective job.

Some Pokémon that can take Dragon-type attacks well in the Uber metagame include Heatran, Metagross, Scizor, and so on. I can't tell you what specific Pokémon you should use for your team, so I suggest trying out different things to see what works best for you. Good luck!

Can any one tell me why Wynaut is uber? It has very low overall defenses and a lot of offensive OU pokemon can just OHKO it, while defensive once can use it as a set up bait.

To add to Bloo's post, I'll also mention physically defensive Groudon, which takes on both DD and SDQuaza (watch on on MixQuaza though), survive hit and cripple it with T-Wave or just attack it with Stone Edge/Dragon Claw. Also another interesting pokemon is Cresselia, which also survives Rayquaza's rampage and OHKO it with Ice Beam, if it switches on SR once. But both of those doesn't fit into offensive teams, so some random scarfers (Jirachi being the best option) works the best here. It can't switch totally directly, however Scarf Gengar is another good Rayquaza check. Immunity to ES makes him perfect revenge killer here. Another checks are Weavile and Mamoswine, which in Ubers are rare, however they provide some little niche here. And at the end it's worth to mention Scarf Heatran, as it checks SDQuaza really well and it's one of few good Ho-Oh checks, so maybe it's worth to try it if you want. I hope that helps ;).

Can any one tell me why Wynaut is uber? It has very low overall defenses and a lot of offensive OU pokemon can just OHKO it, while defensive once can use it as a set up bait.
Wynaut can still abuse Tickle + Pursuit user strategy almost as well as Wobbufett. For example Wynaut switches on Skarmory, Encore and Tickle it to -6 Def. After this Tyranitar switches in and KO it with Pursuit. This is main reason why Wobba was banned from OU and Wynaut may do the same. And Wynaut can still win free turns with really small effort like his older brother Wobbafett. In other words it can do the same with worse bulk. But it doesn't matter here.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I meant rayquaza as my Dragon weakness. However, I have noticed that weakness as well. Thanks a whole lot guys! You really do help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)