Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Chansey / Blissey can't use the combination of moves Charm + Seismic Toss anymore, with the client saying that it is impossible to obtain legitimately. I remember it being completely fine just a month ago. What exactly has happened?

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Chansey / Blissey can't use the combination of moves Charm + Seismic Toss anymore, with the client saying that it is impossible to obtain legitimately. I remember it being completely fine just a month ago. What exactly has happened?
The ingame illegality was not implemented properly on PS until last month, and that was when it was pointed out.

Where do I report a bad Battle Factory set? I found the thread for Random Battle singles, but that's not Battle Factory. :/ I just got a Pokémon with a Z-Crystal and no move of a compatible type, seems like something that shouldn't really happen.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really sure where to put this, but at turn 4, Kingler didn't proc Slowbro's Eject Button. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-855938972

The calcs allude to me that this Kingler wasn't Life Orb, but I don't know what item Kingler could be holding which would've negated Eject Button's use:
+2 252 Atk Sheer Force Kingler Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 123-144 (31.2 - 36.5%) -- 67.7% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kingler Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 160-187 (40.6 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

My guess is that it was holding Protective Pads, or is there some odd item I don't know about that causes this to happen?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Not really sure where to put this, but at turn 4, Kingler didn't proc Slowbro's Eject Button. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-855938972

The calcs allude to me that this Kingler wasn't Life Orb, but I don't know what item Kingler could be holding which would've negated Eject Button's use:
+2 252 Atk Sheer Force Kingler Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 123-144 (31.2 - 36.5%) -- 67.7% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Kingler Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 160-187 (40.6 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

My guess is that it was holding Protective Pads, or is there some odd item I don't know about that causes this to happen?
Sheer Force prevents the user's Life Orb recoil and Shell Bell recovery, as well as the target's Color Change, Emergency Exit, Pickpocket, Wimp Out, Red Card, Eject Button, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry from activating (only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force.)

Kirkburn

Banned deucer.
I believe that is due to a new update that the staff added to prevent "battle spam" and unnecessary load on the server. If I remember right, you can start a new battle after you have made a move in your current battle. There might be a limit as to how many concurrent battles you have, though. I'm not sure about that part.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
where do i complain about showdown keeping me from playing 6 games concurrently? real bummer i enjoyed playing lots of games at once
I believe that is due to a new update that the staff added to prevent "battle spam" and unnecessary load on the server. If I remember right, you can start a new battle after you have made a move in your current battle. There might be a limit as to how many concurrent battles you have, though. I'm not sure about that part.
Not quite. The update is to prevent timerstalling (server load is not an issue). Now you can't search for more battles if it's your turn to move, or if
your opponent takes less than 10 seconds to move (including animation). A recent update by zarel removed this restriction before turn 5.

Not quite. The update is to prevent timerstalling (server load is not an issue). Now you can't search for more battles if it's your turn to move, or if
your opponent takes less than 10 seconds to move (including animation). A recent update by zarel removed this restriction before turn 5.
ah ok cool. i knew there had to be a reason, naturally i am very happy with the newest update.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
If I've moved and in 7 seconds my opponent hasn't moved, I get to search for another battle - how I understand it. But from what I've experienced, if after starting the search of a new game, but before it starts, the opponent from the old game moves, the search is cancelled and I get the prompt telling me I can't search for a battle then. Could something be done about this?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If I've moved and in 7 seconds my opponent hasn't moved, I get to search for another battle - how I understand it. But from what I've experienced, if after starting the search of a new game, but before it starts, the opponent from the old game moves, the search is cancelled and I get the prompt telling me I can't search for a battle then. Could something be done about this?
That's an intentional part of it.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
That's an intentional part of it.
At this point it makes finding a 2nd game so annoying you might as well disable that button if a user is already in 1 battle. I could move fast enough and try searching for a new battle but that gets interrupted and instead I get an annoying popup. Is timerstalling really so big an issue that to counter that, you put restrictions on playing capacity of every user on the server? Literally everyone playing on the ladder is more or less restricted to 1 game at a time + popups if you try to find another game?

I just tested natural cure on my copy of Platinum, and it doesn't display any sort of message or animation when activating. So why does it display this message when it activates on Showdown!?
(The opposing Blissey is cured by its Natural Cure!)

Not sure if this is the right area to post this at, but I've been playing Emerald lately and the lack of a special/physical attacking moves really makes pokemon more unique than before, such as Blaziken/Salimence being both physical or special attackers, or how chansey in gen 2 could be used as an actual physical sweeper! It seems very fun and was wondering if anyone even still played older gen tiers like Ubers/OU, UU, or even NU. I've been looking on trying to build a team for the battle frontier and it made me wonder if PS players still played Gen 5 or older gens. I would imagine it's kinda rare now?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)