Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Didn't the battle screen used to say "Pokemon "X" will use Move "Y". Waiting for Opponent..." when you chose a move or pokemon? Now it just says "Waiting for Opponent.." I'm almost positive it used to say that. It's annoying because now I keep having to double check that I clicked the right move, ie cancel and click it again... anyone else notice this lately?

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Didn't the battle screen used to say "Pokemon "X" will use Move "Y". Waiting for Opponent..." when you chose a move or pokemon? Now it just says "Waiting for Opponent.." I'm almost positive it used to say that. It's annoying because now I keep having to double check that I clicked the right move, ie cancel and click it again... anyone else notice this lately?
It has been confirmed as a bug

Okay so this is a weird one but hear me out. I have a main account on PS on which I usually ladder and have registered. But when I use a new team I always just put in a random alt and test out my team laddering from bottom ladder to top ladder. If that alt get's high enough, I register it as well and when I open PS next time it is already automatically logged in. I sometimes get a weak net connection and that reconnect/work offline dialogue box appears. When I reconnect, the last registered alt is automatically logged in again and when I try to change name to the alt I was laddering with that particular day, firstly I get the message "somebody is already using this alt", which is again probably because of the weak net connection, the servers take time to register that the alt has been logged out off but what happens from that is that there is a feature on PS that prevents you from constantly changing names in names in succession. I naturally keep trying to change the name name to that alt until the servers get the info but sometimes this happens -

Disconnect.png

I lost due to timer while I was in the match but it wouldn't let me change the name again. Now, this is quite rare and it has happened to be only a couple of times but I still would like to prevent such loses if possible. Is there any way around this? Also on a related note, is there any way to prevent your last registered account from automatically being logged in when opening PS ?

Why doesn't !Dynamax Clause allow for dynamax in prior gens (More importantly: Is there a reason why "Allow Dynamax" isn't a clause)?

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Why doesn't !Dynamax Clause allow for dynamax in prior gens (More importantly: Is there a reason why "Allow Dynamax" isn't a clause)?
Because Dynamax is coded to only work in gen 8, and because !dynamax clause and allow dynamax are the exact same

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Where do I,go,to submit stuff to mods/admins?
Depends on what you need really. If you need to report another user type /report in any chat on the simulator. Appeals are also handled on the simulator through /appeal. There is an exception to that though, global bans and permalocks are appealed here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/discipline-appeal-rules.3583479/. If you need anything else that requires a driver or moderator, feel free to browse through the ticket types avaliable in the ticket form (/ht), there is an "Other" ticket for other things in general.

If you need to contact upper staff, see this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...s-and-servers-contacting-upper-staff.3538721/. If you have a serious issue to report, please check this thread and get back to us ASAP so we can handle it https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...s-if-you-see-something-say-something.3676064/. If your issue is not covered by the previous two threads, feel free to make a thread in the Admin Requests forum (the forum is not empty, only you and admins can see your own threads for privacy). https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/admin-requests.346/

So I am unable to start a game in showdown and it says I've been banned due to having the ip address of another username that isn't me. Idk wut to do.

So I am unable to start a game in showdown and it says I've been banned due to having the ip address of another username that isn't me. Idk wut to do.
NVM it's works again.

I might be re-summoning a zombie horse that has been beaten to death for eons already but:

I've been locked from chatting recently for a few days and I totally deserve it, because I was an idiot with an inappropriate attempt at humor and being insensitive where there are multiple ages and kinds of people in showdown chat rooms.

My question is why is PM'ing not allowed while laddering/touring is, while locked?
I'm being 110% honest that my motivation for PM'ing while locked is that I like to try and help someone if they ask some question in a chat & I know how to help them well. I'd help them through a PM if I could.

Perhaps PM'ing could be allowed while you're locked, but if you're reported for inappropriateness or worse in a PM (a 2nd infraction), then your overall punishment could then be made significantly worse.

But I could be missing something here.

Thanks for any reply

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Probably been asked before but I couldn't find anything while searching so :blobshrug: , why aren't ZU (and PU in old gens) shown in the teambuilder? I know the simple answer is "because they're not official tiers" but they're still usage based tiers and it would be very helpful for these lower tiers while teambuilding. This is especially an issue for old gen ZUs and certain PUs that don't even have a format in the builder, meaning you have to double check a legal mons list every time you make a team for these formats. Also I know that (NU) or (PU) shows untiered mons, but this still doesn't help for the old gen ZUs without a format.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
I might be re-summoning a zombie horse that has been beaten to death for eons already but:

I've been locked from chatting recently for a few days and I totally deserve it, because I was an idiot with an inappropriate attempt at humor and being insensitive where there are multiple ages and kinds of people in showdown chat rooms.

My question is why is PM'ing not allowed while laddering/touring is, while locked?
I'm being 110% honest that my motivation for PM'ing while locked is that I like to try and help someone if they ask some question in a chat & I know how to help them well. I'd help them through a PM if I could.

Perhaps PM'ing could be allowed while you're locked, but if you're reported for inappropriateness or worse in a PM (a 2nd infraction), then your overall punishment could then be made significantly worse.

But I could be missing something here.

Thanks for any reply
Well, a very common reason for getting locked is insulting and/or harassing users on PMs; so even if a case doesnt involve this situation, at the end of the day the whole point of locking someone is basically not letting them talk to other users (except Global Staff) and PMs are logically a big part of that interaction.

hi, what do these 2 mean?
  • Because moderated chat is set, your account must be at least one week old and you must have won at least one ladder game to speak in this room.
  • Due to spam from your internet provider, you can't speak except to staff. Logging into an account you've used a lot in the past will allow you to chat.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
hi, what do these 2 mean?
  • Because moderated chat is set, your account must be at least one week old and you must have won at least one ladder game to speak in this room.
  • Due to spam from your internet provider, you can't speak except to staff. Logging into an account you've used a lot in the past will allow you to chat.
Hey!

About the first point, Moderated chat (Modchat) is an option that room staffs can set to allow only a category of users to speak in the room. When it is set to off, anyone can talk in the chat. Otherwise, only people ranked at the level of the Modchat can talk. It can be set to a visible rank as voice (+), driver (%) and so on, but can also be set to an invisible rank called "autoconfirmed". It is a rank you get (on all rooms) when your account is register since at least one week and you have won a ladder game. If you cannot speak in a room du to that, register your account if you haven't already and wait a week in order to be autoconfirmed or, ask a room staff if he can remove the Modchat (but often they won't as it is used to prevent some malicious users from freely spamming with new accounts).

About the second point, I am very unsure, it may just be because your account is new and there's too much new account from the Internet provider you're using. I don't really know how to avoid that if you don't have an older account so I'll let someone who knows this better explain it.

Last edited:
This was the most recent match I played and I don't understand why I lost. It comes down to my opponent having a Sylveon and 2 other pokemon vs. just my darkrai. Sylveon boosts with Calm Mind and I don't have a real way to stop them so before my Cacturn dies I decide to set up Spikes for the switch ins since I have Sticky Web and Stealth Rock already set up. I allow Sylveon to kill my Cacturne to have a clean switch in so I can use Dark Void and slow kill with Bad Dreams. Sylveon has short sleeps but Bad dreams is doing what it can and I'm just hoping for a crit and a long sleep and I'm sure I'll win. I go into Substitute and I feel safe that I can draw out the match until Sylveon runs out of wishes. Then boom one Hyper Voice goes off and through my substitute I die. Sylveon only has 2 ability possibilities and it's Cute Charm and Pixilate and I'm sure they had Pixilate. But, Hyper Voice has no additional effects and neither of those move should have infiltrated a Substitute. Is there a rule in Gen 6 I don't know about since I never played this Gen? Here is a video of the battle, each Gen (except 2 cause I didn't like the strat) I play until I get to 1400 and go to the next Gen because I never played past Gen 4 or competitively as the games first came out. That was an absolute first for me and I've played a lot of Gen 6 battles.

Attachments

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
This was the most recent match I played and I don't understand why I lost. It comes down to my opponent having a Sylveon and 2 other pokemon vs. just my darkrai. Sylveon boosts with Calm Mind and I don't have a real way to stop them so before my Cacturn dies I decide to set up Spikes for the switch ins since I have Sticky Web and Stealth Rock already set up. I allow Sylveon to kill my Cacturne to have a clean switch in so I can use Dark Void and slow kill with Bad Dreams. Sylveon has short sleeps but Bad dreams is doing what it can and I'm just hoping for a crit and a long sleep and I'm sure I'll win. I go into Substitute and I feel safe that I can draw out the match until Sylveon runs out of wishes. Then boom one Hyper Voice goes off and through my substitute I die. Sylveon only has 2 ability possibilities and it's Cute Charm and Pixilate and I'm sure they had Pixilate. But, Hyper Voice has no additional effects and neither of those move should have infiltrated a Substitute. Is there a rule in Gen 6 I don't know about since I never played this Gen? Here is a video of the battle, each Gen (except 2 cause I didn't like the strat) I play until I get to 1400 and go to the next Gen because I never played past Gen 4 or competitively as the games first came out. That was an absolute first for me and I've played a lot of Gen 6 battles.
Sound moves bypass Substitute since Gen 6

Dragonite with Heal Bell

Heal bell is a normal move that could be associated with "cute" pokemon like manaphy, evee fam, most fairies, etc.

The only instance of heal bell Dragonite is from the game "Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness" Shadow Pokemon event.

I'd argue this is not cannon and should not be part of the competitive landscape. I get that this does not make Dragonite OP and should be banned, but it is illogical and makes for annoying roost, heal bell set that can stall other mons in the tier.

Just my 2 cents

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Dragonite with Heal Bell

Heal bell is a normal move that could be associated with "cute" pokemon like manaphy, evee fam, most fairies, etc.

The only instance of heal bell Dragonite is from the game "Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness" Shadow Pokemon event.

I'd argue this is not cannon and should not be part of the competitive landscape. I get that this does not make Dragonite OP and should be banned, but it is illogical and makes for annoying roost, heal bell set that can stall other mons in the tier.

Just my 2 cents
Pokemon Showdown is a Pokemon simulator that simulates what's possible in the games. Since Heal Bell Dragonite can be transferred to gen8, Dragonite will have access. PS does not remove moves from movesets.

Hello ! Is this count like Endless Battle if someone switch everytime between 2 pokemons with Regenerator against 2 pokemon burned ? (I just did 276 turns against the guy with 2 Regenerator)

Hello ! Is this count like Endless Battle if someone switch everytime between 2 pokemons with Regenerator against 2 pokemon burned ? (I just did 276 turns against the guy with 2 Regenerator)
The endless battle clause exists only to prevent battles that are really truly endless, and that would not ever end without intervention. Stalling out your opponent's resources is still a perfectly valid strategy. In your case, the burn damage would slowly but surely bring the battle to an end, and in the absence of burn specifically, stuff like hazards and PP can force a battle to come to an end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)