Autumn Friendly 2012

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Read about it here!

The Autumn Friendly '12 follows VGC 2012 rules but now from the comfort of home. What kinds of teams do you think we'll see?

Discussion can also take place here once the tournament starts (though be sure to steer clear from complaining about DCs).

Good luck :D

This goes against my original thoughts that VGC 13 will by like Beggining Cup, but I like it anyways. I'll try to remember to enter. best of luck to all participants!

I remember last year it was just 5th gen B/W1 Unova dex pokemon, now it's the current settings for out VGC. Seems interesting. I've played the last japanese tournament using something I call "Arcandorus" so I have a feel of what '13 rules MAY be like. I wonder how many Terrakion and Tyranitar I can Mash.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Of course past gen moves are allowed, just no tutor moves from BW2

edit: @below Unova DW mons are BW2 only, so they are not allowed

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I probably already know the answer to this, but are newly released DW Pokemon allowed (Unova mons to be more precise?)

Even if they are, I may still give my VGC 12 team one last run for glory before re-doing my team for the possible VGC 13 ruleset. Should be fun to get back into the action.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Will be out on vacation for most of the duration of this tourney. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out for once. Quite unfortunate, since it would have been a good chance for me to see first hand how things have changed since Worlds.

I don't think I'll participate in this one, not after the total bs I had in the Spring Friendly. Maybe I'll join just to get a feel for how October will be, but I'm not too sure at the moment.

I'm excited, I've got a team figured out and I've just started breeding up and I've got open time to prepare, good luck to everyone. I hope we are all ready in time.

Oh good, a chance to try out my new VGC team. Why did it have to start when I go back to school though? I mean, this is what Summer's for! -__-

I know, I wish they had a summer one...

Oh well, I'll try and play this time if I have time. Now what should I use...

I'm glad this tournament is 1 month before the regionals because it gives us a good chance to see what works and what doesn't and patch it up before October. Will be participating in this one.

Sounds like a party, will for sure be partaking in this. Will need to warn people though, wifi is shaky where I live so if I DC, I'm sorry.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus

edit: @below Unova DW mons are BW2 only, so they are not allowed
I wouldn't be so sure that BW2 moves aren't allowed. I think there's a good chance they might be allowed.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be so sure that BW2 moves aren't allowed. I think there's a good chance they might be allowed.
Agreed. There's no indication that there will be anything but the standard GBU restrictions for this tournament, which means BW2 additions will probably be allowed.

In any case, we'll know for sure when people start trying to register their teams. I recommend for now that people prepare teams with BW2 additions in mind, and have a regular BW-only team for backup in case the first fails to register.

Disappointed they're not giving us the beginning cup, but hey this is cool.
Also majorly disappointed they're not penalizing D/Cs... I wonder why?

As for BW2 moves and DW Abilities... they are not BW2 exclusive thanks to trading between BW1 and BW2. So, at the moment, I don't see why BW2 moves and (DW) abilities would not be allowed.
Furthermore, there is no specific rules stating anything about BW2.

Alright, after skipping out all three of the last ones we've had, I'm throwing my hat into the ring! Look out for OT Roarke!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)