Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I got a weird request that I hope goes fine. Any two people want to play in an arena I made? I just want to ref it, lol. I'll just have to see how the arena goes in terms of balance, tweak it afterward if something is bad, and just make it more funner in the future! I just hope both of you will be active so the arena can go smoothly. Bonus would be that if you're around my timezone.

The first person who posts for this arena will be the match seeker (who sets the mode (2v2, 3v3, whatever, I'd prefer 2v2), singles/doubles/triples (singles hopefully), DQ time, and recovery/chills) and the person after will be the match challenger (items/abilities/switch).

Arena: Castle Siege!

So here's the deal with the arena. One side has a continous force of Weedle and one side has a continuous force of Caterpie. What are they doing? Seizing each other's castles over at a single ramp/bridge that connect to each other's castle! At the end of each round, both sides will spawn their respective Pokemon and they will charge into combat with each other. Additionally, you will get reinforcements in the form of other Pokemon. The cool thing? You get to command these Pokemon!

(Extra) Details in short:

- no evolved Pokemon.
- this is a bridge, you can't dig or make earthquakes on it. also yes there is a river under the bridge, but it'll be stupid to try to summon a surf or dive or something like that.
- commanding a Pokemon soldier does not take up one of your 3 actions. it is separate so be aware! if you do not command your soldier(s), your soldier will automatically focus on your opponent's soldier. if you still have your soldier alive and your opponent doesn't, your solder will automatically target your opponent. this means that your soldier won't do anything special like "save my skin by getting in the way of the incoming hydro pump!"
- each Pokemon spawns at the end of their respective round.
- each Pokemon only comes in a quantity of 1.
- excluding caterpie and weedle, the types of reinforcements that spawn will never spawn again.
- you can have your own Pokemon attack these reinforcements.
- they do not have any set abilities, ever.
- area of effect moves, or moves that cover a range/wide range in general, can probably attack these Pokemon soldiers if they're in the way.
- the soldier's attacks are affected by any Pokemon's defensive stat/star when they attack.
- when you start the match (before Round 1), you do not have any soldiers initially. after round 1, you will have something (just see below).
- some soldiers (aka Caterpie/Weedle) are so weak that even if they attempt to absorb and attack, they will probably just be blasted through and the attack will connect to your Pokemon (if that's what your opponent's intention was).
edit: fixed rule - you can order 1 attacking order to your soldier(s) per round, but you have to order 2 non-attacking orders per round. for example, "Bug Bite - Standby - Move into Hyper Beam" would work.

Stats:

- Every Round Grunt Caterpie (P1)/Weedle (P2) - 1 HP | 5 Damage Tackle* | 0 Defense and Special Defense | 20 Speed | on ground
- Round 3 Air Support Pidgey (P1)/Spearow (P2) - 5 HP | 6 Damage swooping Fly | 0 Defense and Special Defense | 40 Speed | are always Flying, but can be attacked as it swoops down to attack
- Round 6 MegaSoldier Scyther (P1)/Pinsir (P2) - 15 HP | 10 Damage Slash | 1 Defense and Special Defense | 35 Speed | on ground
- Round 9 Heavy Artillery Pyroak (P1)/Magmortar (P2) - 10 HP | 25 Damage Hyper Beam | 4 Defense and Special Defense | 10 Speed | cannot move onto bridge, recharge after use (null round)
- Round 12 Engine of Destruction Hydreigon (both get it) - 25 HP | 20 Damage Draco Meteor (-5 after each use) | 5 Defense and Special Defense | 60 Speed | floats anywhere it feels like
- After Round 9, Caterpie and Weedle will be granted Double-Edge over Tackle (it will be replaced). This means they can deal 12 Damage, but will kill themselves upon doing so.

* Tackle is not originally learned by these Pokemon, but it's just for balance purposes.

I'm not sure if the diagram will help, but I made one anyway.

- bridge in middle
- water underneath
- match seeker on left
- match challenger on right
- good luck =)

So yeah, be creative and I'll probably grant it!

That said, I'll be heading to bed and check this out tomorrow when I wake up.

Ill just leave this Challenge here for GoldenKnight
I saw you getting that cyclohm the other day and i want a piece of dat ass.
3v3 singles
1 recovery/ 5 chills
DQ 3 days

Ive never fought a CAP pokemon so if you throw it out first ill send out my Machoke and we will have at it.

Arena (an arena created by Pwnemon)

The Anomaly

Nobody knows how the anomaly got there. Nobody knows what the Anomaly really is. All they know is that it's the perfect stage to conduct battles. When the fight begins, there will be simply nothing, just a blank blanket of white which makes you think you're going mad. However, as the battle progresses, the Anomaly will shift to adapt to the requirements. If a fish pokemon is sent out, then suddenly a pond will appear to swim in. If a Pokemon uses Rock Slide, rocks will be created from nothing. All that is required the anomaly provides.

ON THE OTHER HAND. This is likely to induce hallucinations, because it's seriously like pretty crazy. So every action a Pokemon is in a battle, there increases a chance by 1% that the pokemon will lose their mind for the action and will use any possible move in the game or chill, and the counter does not reset. If the Pokemon uses something that they are not able to do because of this, (i.e. Swords Dance while under Taunt or a Recovery move) they will instead cause themselves 5% recoil damage.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i thought i had posted before weird

i don't know about using my cyclohm first, but i will accept the challenge

Looking for a team mate and opponents for a 4v4 Double battle (2 pokes per person)

DQ 3 Days
2 recovery/5 chills per pokemon

Arena:
The top floor of the Olivine City Lighthouse.
6 floors in the building.

On the starting floor there is an Ampharos that is doing its nightly duties.
If a pokemon contacts the Ampharos, it retaliates by paralyzing that pokemon with built up Static power from its constant light generation.
It acts just like the Ability and can affect Ground pokemon.

There are also about 3 holes in the floor of each level of the building that pokemon can fall down.
It takes 1 action to climb up or down a level.
Any powerful area of effect moves can collapse the whole floor or just the area around the pokemon depending on Refs discretion.
I'll be your teammate,Capn!
Now we need challengers!
I'll challenge you PCF and Nyx. I just need a partner.
All abilities. No items. Switch=KO.
I'm up for a challenge, just need a ref now
I'll take this. PM me your teams.

Challenging Orkonaut!
2v2 single battle
1 restore/5 chills
3 day DQ

Arena

Grand Plains

A large stretch of savannah with dry grass, warm tempretures and a watering hole nearby. There's plenty of mud near the water and the sky is slightly overcast. Some grazing Pokémon can be found here like Tauros, Zebstrika and Buffolant that may stampede if startled.

(up to ref whether they want to use the grazing Pokémon or not)

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
1 Recovery, 5 Chills
3 Day DQ

Arena- Route 126

A sandy island just outside of Sootopolis City, roughly 40x40 feet, with a few tall rocks on the north side. The battle takes place during the same time Kyogre and Groudon battle in Sootopolis, and so at the end of each round there's a 50% chance of the weather becoming Sunny and 50% chance of it becoming Rainy.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
1 Recovery, 5 Chills
3 Day DQ

Arena- Route 126

A sandy island just outside of Sootopolis City, roughly 40x40 feet, with a few tall rocks on the north side. The battle takes place during the same time Kyogre and Groudon battle in Sootopolis, and so at the end of each round there's a 50% chance of the weather becoming Sunny and 50% chance of it becoming Rainy.
Sure. =)

Switch=KO
No Items
One Ability

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
~ DOUBLE RAINBOW SPECTACULAR ~

3 vs 3 Doubles
2 Recovery / 3 Chills
4 Day DQ

Arena:

In a magical world above the clouds where the horizon is blessed with the forever awesomeness that is the double rainbow. The arena is 40 ft by 60 ft long. There is one floating cloud (~10 feet from the "ground", clouds are solid here) in the center, and 4 other floating clouds about 5 feet diagonally from each corner. These clouds can be used as platforms.

Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
No Recoveries, 5 Chills
DQ: 3 days

Arena: Route 212

The battle is situated in the miserably wet and ever-raining Route 212. The trainers stand on either ends of a 6 foot wide, reasonably firm dirt road which winds and twists in between them. Apart from the road, the rest of the arena is a mess of vegetation and, of course, marshes. The marshes are about 4 feet deep and full of soft, liquid mud which would give way under the feet of but the lightest Pokemon. Heavier Pokemon (exact figures up to the judge's discretion) will mire down into the bog and be rendered immobile (cannot move, but certain attacks can still be used) until they free themselves with respective attacks. Although there are some trees, most of the vegetation here come in the form of tall reeds and grasses. It's always raining in Route 212, and the downpour is so hard, that abilities that change weather (Cloud Nine, Sand Stream, etc.) do not work here and moves that change the weather (Sunny Day, Hail, etc.) take twice the energy to carry out. Otherwise, the rain never ends.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
No Recoveries, 5 Chills
DQ: 3 days

Arena: Route 212

The battle is situated in the miserably wet and ever-raining Route 212. The trainers stand on either ends of a 6 foot wide, reasonably firm dirt road which winds and twists in between them. Apart from the road, the rest of the arena is a mess of vegetation and, of course, marshes. The marshes are about 4 feet deep and full of soft, liquid mud which would give way under the feet of but the lightest Pokemon. Heavier Pokemon (exact figures up to the judge's discretion) will mire down into the bog and be rendered immobile (cannot move, but certain attacks can still be used) until they free themselves with respective attacks. Although there are some trees, most of the vegetation here come in the form of tall reeds and grasses. It's always raining in Route 212, and the downpour is so hard, that abilities that change weather (Cloud Nine, Sand Stream, etc.) do not work here and moves that change the weather (Sunny Day, Hail, etc.) take twice the energy to carry out. Otherwise, the rain never ends.
Accepting!

Switch=KO
No Items
One Ability

Well that last battle against iiMKUltra was so fun, I'd like to have another match with him.

1v1 Singles
3-day DQ time
2 Recovery moves/5 Chills/2 Taunts

Arena: Tilt Panic
  • A 100-foot-wide circle made of ice balanced precariously on a 5-foot-wide pillar in the middle of a large ocean.
  • The arena will tilt based on where the pokemon are. Heavier pokemon will influence the tilt more than lighter ones.
  • Pokemon can try to push each other around and knock each other off the arena with their attacks. A pokemon that gets knocked off is considered KO'd. Stronger attacks have more pushing power and are more likely to knock a pokemon off. Heavier pokemon are harder to push and pokemon further from the edge are harder to knock off. The angle of the arena also affects the chance of a pokemon being knocked off.
  • Every round there is a 50% chance of a Walrein jumping up from the water below and landing somewhere on the edge of the arena. It will not attack but its weight will affect the tilt of the arena for the duration of the round and then it will slide back into the water at the end of the round. A Walrein cannot appear on two consecutive rounds.

Summary: Arena tilts based on position and weight of pokemon, pokemon can be KO'd by being knocked off, Walrein may appear from time to time.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well that last battle against iiMKUltra was so fun, I'd like to have another match with him.

1v1 Singles
3-day DQ time
2 Recovery moves/5 Chills/2 Taunts

Arena: Tilt Panic
  • A 100-foot-wide circle made of ice balanced precariously on a 5-foot-wide pillar in the middle of a large ocean.
  • The arena will tilt based on where the pokemon are. Heavier pokemon will influence the tilt more than lighter ones.
  • Pokemon can try to push each other around and knock each other off the arena with their attacks. A pokemon that gets knocked off is considered KO'd. Stronger attacks have more pushing power and are more likely to knock a pokemon off. Heavier pokemon are harder to push and pokemon further from the edge are harder to knock off. The angle of the arena also affects the chance of a pokemon being knocked off.
  • Every round there is a 50% chance of a Walrein jumping up from the water below and landing somewhere on the edge of the arena. It will not attack but its weight will affect the tilt of the arena for the duration of the round and then it will slide back into the water at the end of the round. A Walrein cannot appear on two consecutive rounds.

Summary: Arena tilts based on position and weight of pokemon, pokemon can be KO'd by being knocked off, Walrein may appear from time to time.
I sense my Groudon won't be of much use in this battle.

Switch = lol
One Ability
No Items

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: I was mistaken on the DQ rule, and since only one participant was okay with an extension, disregard this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)