Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I finish battles, it says "Ladder updating..." but never shows the Elo, so I can never tell if it's actually updating. I'm consistently experiencing this problem on both the Gen 7 Random Battle ladder and the Gen 7 Pokebank OU ladder. I am using Chrome on my iPad, if that makes a difference.
The ladder can be slow if many people are using it at once, which is often the case. You can use the /rank command to see your updated scores (and yes, they are actually updating)

Some of these are already implemented.
0 SpA Incineroar Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid: 78-93 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Incineroar Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Water Bubble Araquanid: 40-48 (14.4 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO

0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 73-87 (21.8 - 26%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Until Leech Life (as well as Lunge) is added to the viable move list, you can use X-Scissor, which has the same type/power. In general, if a move isnt implemented, you can choose one with the same type/physical-or-special status and just manually edit the base power.

Unrelatedly, there's a possible bug with Z-Curse, where the option is not given to target an opponent. Not sure if this is intended mechanic.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-503277005
Yeah, I see they fixed Water Bubble and Thousand Arrows vs. Flying-types. But after some checking it seems that Thousand Arrows still doesn't calculate properly against Levitate users. I'm also still getting the error where damage% isn't sorting properly, and All-vs-One/One-vs-All doesn't have terrain options in the "Field" tab.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it intentional that when you use "Power Split" the stat values you have for Attack and Special Attack do not update accordingly?
The stat that is being taken into calculation is updated, but the stat that's visible to you is kept as what it was before the Power Split. It's handled like this on PS, because that's how it's handled in-game. And it's handled like this in-game, because if it did change to show what the Attack stat acts like, you could pretty much figure out what EV investment and such the target has.

For future reference, the PS Simple Questions thread is well suited for questions like this.

The stat that is being taken into calculation is updated, but the stat that's visible to you is kept as what it was before the Power Split. It's handled like this on PS, because that's how it's handled in-game. And it's handled like this in-game, because if it did change to show what the Attack stat acts like, you could pretty much figure out what EV investment and such the target has.

For future reference, the PS Simple Questions thread is well suited for questions like this.
I asked here because Eviolite has the stat updated, even though, as you stated, "that's how it's handled in-game" even though in game, the stat doesn't get updated.

So by that logic, eviolite, Swords Dance, etc. should not update the stat either.

Hence, I posted here. Because if Power Split doesn't update the stat, then Swords Dance, etc. shouldn't either. Because they also do not update the stat in game.

One of those, by the logic you're using, is bound to be a bug. Otherwise, the logic for keeping one in and the other out makes zero sense.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I asked here because Eviolite has the stat updated, even though, as you stated, "that's how it's handled in-game" even though in game, the stat doesn't get updated.

So by that logic, eviolite, Swords Dance, etc. should not update the stat either.

Hence, I posted here. Because if Power Split doesn't update the stat, then Swords Dance, etc. shouldn't either. Because they also do not update the stat in game.

One of those, by the logic you're using, is bound to be a bug. Otherwise, the logic for keeping one in and the other out makes zero sense.
What he implied but did not state directly enough apparently is that what PS will do is make things easier for the player but will generally NOT give information that is not available to you when playing on cart (HP % mod being the main exception). You can pretty easily make the calculations for Eviolite or Swords Dance boosts and apply them to your own stats. However, since you do not know what your opponent's exact attack stats are you cannot calculate the new value yourself.

If PS showed this, it would give away information about the opponent's set beyond what we want to show (it would let you figure out their exact investment into attacking stats) in a way that is not shown in game. That is why Power Split is not shown on PS and should not be shown on PS.

No clue if this is a bug, but Conversion fails when the first move is Hidden Power Steel. Has this been tested properly? Here's a replay (skip to turn 34): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503606536
I believe it's because Hidden Power is first and foremost a Normal-type move (much like Z-Hidden Power of any type resulting in a 120BP Breakneck Blitz). Since P2 is already a Normal-type mon, Z-Conversion (with Hidden Power as its first move) didn't change its typing (Z-Conversion's stat boosting effect will occur whatever your first moveslot is, but Conversion in itself will fail if your first moveslot is a Normal-type move).

I hope my explanations are clear enough.

Didn't save the replay the first time, but twice tonight Psychic Terrain failed to stop a grounded Pokemon's priority move. In the replay it looks like it didn't activate until the turn after Tapu Lele came out, but it's got a turn count that indicates it's been active for at least one.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-503622548
Psychic Terrain prevents priority moves from hitting grounded mons, not using priority moves by grounded mons. In this case, Minior is a Flying-type mon, so it can be hit by a priority move (Extreme Speed at turn 3) whereas Pheromosa cannot be hit by priority moves because it's a grounded mon (turn 5).

Psychic Terrain prevents priority moves from hitting grounded mons, not using priority moves by grounded mons. In this case, Minior is a Flying-type mon, so it can be hit by a priority move (Extreme Speed at turn 3) whereas Pheromosa cannot be hit by priority moves because it's a grounded mon (turn 5).
Gotcha. Appreciate it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-503673130

When a pokemon becomes ??? type due to Burn Up (AKA they're pure fire type), using Reflect Type will turn them into the ??? as well.

However, I tested this in game, and using Reflect Type on a target that has lost all type due to this situation will cause Reflect type to fail with a "But it failed!" message.

(Easy to replicate. Send out a Cyndaquil/Growlithe with only Burn Up against a wild ditto. Have it transform into Cyndaquil/Growlithe. Switch in a Staryu with Reflect Type. Ditto will Burn Up, becoming Typeless. Use Reflect Type. It will fail.)

I found what looks to be a damage discrepancy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503665693

According to the Showdown calculator, the maximum damage possible for Wood Hammer is 33.8% given the circumstances of turns 20 and 21, yet both exceeded that by a small margin. The actual results were within the margin of +2 defense but not +3. Lando-T's spread is 0 HP/ 144 DE neutral nature, the calcs assumed Grassy terrain, 252 AT +nature Banded Bulu with Burn. I don't know if the fault lies with the sim or the calculator.

I found what looks to be a damage discrepancy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-503665693

According to the Showdown calculator, the maximum damage possible for Wood Hammer is 33.8% given the circumstances of turns 20 and 21, yet both exceeded that by a small margin. The actual results were within the margin of +2 defense but not +3. Lando-T's spread is 0 HP/ 144 DE neutral nature, the calcs assumed Grassy terrain, 252 AT +nature Banded Bulu with Burn. I don't know if the fault lies with the sim or the calculator.
Is it possible you accidentally gave Landorus-T a negative nature for its Defnese stat on sim? That's the only reason I can think of that it would be taking quite so much damage.

When focus punch is made into All-out-pummeling you can still have your focus broken, causing you to not act and lose your Z-move if hit. I was told that's not what happens on cartridge, so thought I should report it.

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
2016-12-23_1537.png

Hi im playing gen6 RU but this bug is appearing. Omastar with weak armor is legal and I've used this team many times before so I know the team is legal as well. Thanks in advance for any help

I believe it's because Hidden Power is first and foremost a Normal-type move (much like Z-Hidden Power of any type resulting in a 120BP Breakneck Blitz). Since P2 is already a Normal-type mon, Z-Conversion (with Hidden Power as its first move) didn't change its typing (Z-Conversion's stat boosting effect will occur whatever your first moveslot is, but Conversion in itself will fail if your first moveslot is a Normal-type move).

I hope my explanations are clear enough.
Thanks. That's what I was suspecting (especially after dragging a friend in to test other HPs as well as Iron Tail). Odd, though. I remember testing Ion Deluge to with a Lightning Rod Zebstrika and Hidden Power acted as it normally would. Although, I do have to say that the way Showdown displays moves with variable types is a little... odd. Revelation Dance, for example, is always listed as Normal despite never being such. Thanks for the explanation though.

EDIT: It also seems like Porygon is listed as Banned in the teambuilder... in every tier, even though he's banned in only LC as far as I can tell. Pretty sure that's an actual glitch, if a pointless one.

Last edited:
Send out a Cyndaquil/Growlithe with only Burn Up against a wild ditto. Have it transform into Cyndaquil/Growlithe. Switch in a Staryu with Reflect Type. Ditto will Burn Up, becoming Typeless. Use Reflect Type. It will fail.
That's interesting. Do you know what happens if you try to Reflect Type a Pokémon with two types that uses Burn Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)