Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIrst off i am sorry if im not doing this whole forum thing correctly, first time posting (i realize this is a cliche excuse but its all i have).

That aside There is a bug i believe i found on pokemon showdown and 'Blazask' directed me to post it here for evaluation so here goes.

When a mega kangaskhan low kicks my rhydon with eviolite it did around 40% of my hp, i clicked metal burst and moved after the kangaskhan in order to reflect 1.5 times damage back at it. However it did close to 12% of kangaskhans hitpoints in damage.

After testing this with "Blazask" the pattern continued

I believe metal burst is only taking the 2nd hit from mega kangaskhan into account when calculating reflected dmg.

According to bulbapedia
"Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst and Bide deal the full amount of damage for both strikes."

I would like to know if this is intended as bulbapedia states otherwise

For documentation here is a battle video documenting what happened (hope it works)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-692919080

This isn't a bug. When you use Metal Burst against Kangaskhan, it only takes the most recent single hit into account (which will be the second, weak one). That snippet is referring to the case in which Kangaskhan itself is the one using those moves, in which case both strikes hit for full power, so Counter will deal back 4 times as much damage as it took. Kangaskhan doesn't naturally learn Mirror Coat or Metal Burst, but hacking those moves onto its set causes them to behave the same way.

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Shiftry cannot have both Leaf Blade and Sucker Punch at the same time. Leaf Blade is a level up move Nuzleaf didn't get until ORAS, Sucker Punch is a move Shiftry got as a move tutor in Gen 4 only. However, this replay shows that it can be used with both moves.

It also says in /learn that Shiftry can have these two moves together.

e: idk if this is really a bug, but I figured this was the best place to put it

Last edited:
Shiftry cannot have both Leaf Blade and Sucker Punch at the same time. Leaf Blade is a level up move Nuzleaf didn't get until ORAS, Sucker Punch is a move Shiftry got as a move tutor in Gen 4 only.
Unfortunately the team validator doesn't currently handle this type of move incompatibility, as it only remembers the gen in which a move could be learned and not the prevo, so it doesn't realise that a Gen 4 Shiftry will never be able to learn Leaf Blade. You can see this for yourself by typing /learn Shiftry, Leaf Blade and the server will happily claim that Leaf Blade is always legal.

I had a Challenge Cup 1v1 today. Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7challengecup1v1-693564965

Turn 1: Mime Jr uses Psyshock, Wooper looses 35% of its health.
Wooper uses Eerie Impulse, Mime Jr's SpA harshly fell.

Turn 2: Mime Jr uses Psyshock, Wooper looses 35% health....

I think that this might be a bug? I know Psyshock affects the defence stat, rather than SpDef, but its still a special attacking move. It also was not a critical hit, there was no Zorua/Zoroark on team preview, and Mime Jr's abilities include: soundproof, filter and technician.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I had a Challenge Cup 1v1 today. Replay is here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7challengecup1v1-693564965

I think that this might be a bug? I know Psyshock affects the defence stat, rather than SpDef, but its still a special attacking move. It also was not a critical hit, there was no Zorua/Zoroark on team preview, and Mime Jr's abilities include: soundproof, filter and technician.
Was Wooper's ability Unaware? Unaware ignores both stat increases and stat decreases of the opponent.

Hi!
I found a glitch with the King's Shield vs Z-Moves that make contact mechanic: King's shield doesn't drop the Attack at all when a Pokémon uses a Z-Move that makes contact into a King's Shield
Pokemon Showdown replay (Turn 1): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-694506788

To show how that mechanic really works, I tested it by myself with my two 3DS, here's the replay (you can watch it on the PC in the Festival Plaza): 3UWW-WWWW-WWWF-KV9S
To make things easier I uploaded the video to youtube too (quality isn't amazing because I recorded it with my phone, sorry):
As you can see, using Malicious Moonsault into a King's Shield dropped Incineroar's Attack.

Hope this helps!

The only viable case is that Wooper had Unaware, in which case all stat changes (besides Speed) are ignored, so no, it isn't a bug.

As you can see, using Malicious Moonsault into a King's Shield dropped Incineroar's Attack.
I don't know how much damage Incineroar was expecting to do; is there a way for you to tell whether the Attack drop happened before or after the attack (it's not something I'd want to guess).

Also, what happens with Baneful Bunker and Spiky Shield?

I don't know how much damage Incineroar was expecting to do; is there a way for you to tell whether the Attack drop happened before or after the attack (it's not something I'd want to guess).

Also, what happens with Baneful Bunker and Spiky Shield?
I did some further testing on this. I recreated the same battle both in Showdown and on the 3DS, to show the differences between both of them.

Before talking about the replays, I'm gonna share the EV Spread I used, so that we can have a reference when doing the damage calcs:
All of them have 31 IV's on every stat
Aegislash: 244 HP / 0 Def, Modest Nature
Incineroar: 244 HP / 252 Attack, Adamant Nature
Togedemaru: 4 HP / 0 Def, Jolly Nature, Ability: Lightning Rod (not Iron barbs)

Basically this is what going to happen in both of these replays:
- RaahxenPOV (Trainer A) sents out Incineroar and Togedemaru
- SmileyPsyduck (Trainer B) sents out Incineroar and Aegislash

Turn 1:
- RaahxenPOV's Togedemaru uses Spiky Shield
- SmileyPsyduck's Aegislash uses King's Shield
- RaahxenPOV's Incineroar uses Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar's Z-Move that makes Contact) into Aegislash's King's Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar doesn't get his attack dropped
-> On 3DS Link Battle, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar Attack drops 2 stages
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar uses Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar's Z-Move that makes Contact) into Togedemaru's Spiky Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar doesn't lose any HP
-> On 3DS Link Battle, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar loses 1/8 of his HP (25 HP)

Turn 2:
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar Protects
- Togedemaru uses Fake Out (and it fails)
- Aegislash stays in Shield form by using Wide Guard
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar uses Darkest Llariat into Aegislash-Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, Aegislash gets KOd by a +0 Incineroar Darkest Lariat (it was a damage roll)
252+ Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 104-126 (62.6 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-> On 3DS Link Battle, Aegislash-Shield takes 62 damage from Darkest Lariat (I got a high roll)
-2 252+ Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 54-66 (32.5 - 39.7%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO
Possible damage rolls (HP number):
(54, 54, 56, 56, 56, 56, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 62, 62, 62, 62, 66)

Pokémon Showdown replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-695013947

3DS Battle (FQUG-WWWW-WWWF-ZWK5):

As of right now, I don't have a Pokémon with Baneful Bunker to test this with, but I'll try to get one later.
But seeing how this went down, I'd say that Pokémon Showdown doesn't recognize "Z-Moves that make contact" as contact moves.
List of Z-Moves that make contact:

- Let's Snuggle Forever (Mimikium Z, Mimikyu's exclusive Z-Move)
- Malicious Moonsault (Incinium Z, Incineroar's exclusive Z-Move)
- Pulverizing Pancake (Snorlium Z, Snorlax's exclusive Z-Move)
- Searing Sunraze Smash (Solganium Z, Z-Move exclusive to Solgaleo and Dusk Mane Necrozma)
- Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike (Marshadium Z, Marshadow's exclusive Z-Move)

So I'd say that this applies to every single attack and ability listed under "Effects involving this contact": https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Contact

Here's an image to make thing easier:

I did some further testing on this. I recreated the same battle both in Showdown and on the 3DS, to show the differences between both of them.

Before talking about the replays, I'm gonna share the EV Spread I used, so that we can have a reference when doing the damage calcs:
All of them have 31 IV's on every stat
Aegislash: 244 HP / 0 Def, Modest Nature
Incineroar: 244 HP / 252 Attack, Adamant Nature
Togedemaru: 4 HP / 0 Def, Jolly Nature, Ability: Lightning Rod (not Iron barbs)

Basically this is what going to happen in both of these replays:
- RaahxenPOV (Trainer A) sents out Incineroar and Togedemaru
- SmileyPsyduck (Trainer B) sents out Incineroar and Aegislash

Turn 1:
- RaahxenPOV's Togedemaru uses Spiky Shield
- SmileyPsyduck's Aegislash uses King's Shield
- RaahxenPOV's Incineroar uses Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar's Z-Move that makes Contact) into Aegislash's King's Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar doesn't get his attack dropped
-> On 3DS Link Battle, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar Attack drops 2 stages
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar uses Malicious Moonsault (Incineroar's Z-Move that makes Contact) into Togedemaru's Spiky Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar doesn't lose any HP
-> On 3DS Link Battle, RaahxenPOV's Incineroar loses 1/8 of his HP (25 HP)

Turn 2:
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar Protects
- Togedemaru uses Fake Out (and it fails)
- Aegislash stays in Shield form by using Wide Guard
- SmileyPsyduck's Incineroar uses Darkest Llariat into Aegislash-Shield
-> In Pokemon Showdown, Aegislash gets KOd by a +0 Incineroar Darkest Lariat (it was a damage roll)
252+ Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 104-126 (62.6 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-> On 3DS Link Battle, Aegislash-Shield takes 62 damage from Darkest Lariat (I got a high roll)
-2 252+ Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 54-66 (32.5 - 39.7%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO
Possible damage rolls (HP number):
(54, 54, 56, 56, 56, 56, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 62, 62, 62, 62, 66)

Pokémon Showdown replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-695013947

3DS Battle (FQUG-WWWW-WWWF-ZWK5):

As of right now, I don't have a Pokémon with Baneful Bunker to test this with, but I'll try to get one later.
But seeing how this went down, I'd say that Pokémon Showdown doesn't recognize "Z-Moves that make contact" as contact moves.
List of Z-Moves that make contact:

- Let's Snuggle Forever (Mimikium Z, Mimikyu's exclusive Z-Move)
- Malicious Moonsault (Incinium Z, Incineroar's exclusive Z-Move)
- Pulverizing Pancake (Snorlium Z, Snorlax's exclusive Z-Move)
- Searing Sunraze Smash (Solganium Z, Z-Move exclusive to Solgaleo and Dusk Mane Necrozma)
- Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike (Marshadium Z, Marshadow's exclusive Z-Move)

So I'd say that this applies to every single attack and ability listed under "Effects involving this contact": https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Contact

Here's an image to make thing easier:
I saw yesterday a mimikyu using its z signature move and take damage from Landorus' rocky Helmet so I'm not sure

It has probably been covered already, but I couldn't find any info on it:

When a mon uses High Jump Kick (or any other move that does self damage whe it misses) while the opponent switches to another mon that gets KOed due to entry hazards, should the High Jump Kick user get the recoil because the move failed, or should it get no recoil at all because there was simply no target?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-695830832 (Turn 19)
Turn 19
Excadrill, come back!
Go! Dugtrio!
Pointed stones dug into Dugtrio!

Dugtrio fainted!

The opposing Lopunny used High Jump Kick!
But it failed!

The sandstorm subsided.

Go! Hippowdon!
Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!
[Hippowdon's Sand Stream!]
A sandstorm kicked up!

It does say in the SmogDex "If attack misses or fails, user loses half its max HP", which isn't consistent with the replay above (I think).

Thanks for answering me and have a good day! Ü

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
It has probably been covered already, but I couldn't find any info on it:

When a mon uses High Jump Kick (or any other move that does self damage whe it misses) while the opponent switches to another mon that gets KOed due to entry hazards, should the High Jump Kick user get the recoil because the move failed, or should it get no recoil at all because there was simply no target?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-695830832 (Turn 19)
Turn 19
Excadrill, come back!
Go! Dugtrio!
Pointed stones dug into Dugtrio!

Dugtrio fainted!

The opposing Lopunny used High Jump Kick!
But it failed!

The sandstorm subsided.

Go! Hippowdon!
Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!
[Hippowdon's Sand Stream!]
A sandstorm kicked up!

It does say in the SmogDex "If attack misses or fails, user loses half its max HP", which isn't consistent with the replay above (I think).

Thanks for answering me and have a good day! Ü
The way it worked in your replay is the way it's supposed to work. Consider that HJK will not hurt your Pokémon if 'no target was hit', but rather if 'the target was not hit'. Small difference but it matters, since, Dugtrio having fainted, there is no target for HJK and therefore no need for it to check whether it missed or reached a Pokémon.

The way it worked in your replay is the way it's supposed to work. Consider that HJK will not hurt your Pokémon if 'no target was hit', but rather if 'the target was not hit'. Small difference but it matters, since, Dugtrio having fainted, there is no target for HJK and therefore no need for it to check whether it missed or reached a Pokémon.
Thanks for the answer!

I just wished the SmogDex description was more accurate though...

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was testing a mono stabmons team for a friend, and on turn 8 his Mimikyu used Spectral Thief on my Happy Hour Malamar that had already accrued a lot of stat boosts, but instead of taking the stats like Spectral Thief usually does, it just removed my stats as if I was Hazed.

Here's the replay of the match: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-696100257

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed before, but i'll post it anyway xd

So I checked out one of Verlisify's fan Friday videos recently and saw an interesting doubles pickup flinch team, so decided to try it out, showcased here:

However in showdown doubles this mechanic doesn't seem to work, being where only my ambipom's pickup activates at the end of the turn and not for the linoone, shown here at turn 4: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-695735105

Due to it acting differently to cartridge gameplay I'm going to be assume it's an error on the coding of pickup in showdown, and should be fixed. I don't think I did anything wrong in the strategy, however if I somehow did please inform me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)