Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
when my Celesteela used Self-Destruct, my Pokestar Spirit was actually the first one to faint, both opposing Spirits fainted after it.
My understanding is that when you use a spread move then it hits your ally first, then your opponents in right-to-left order (from your point of view).

I had a bug issue where my pokemon were paralyzed but all attacks I used did half damage. Anyone else experience this?

On the Windows 10 app, attempting to hide the chat room panel with the [>Hide] button will crash the game and cause the window to close. It actually caused my whole PC to lag out the first time it happened (in the middle of a battle, as well) and my desktop refreshed multiple times until it stopped lagging. I recreated the bug without fail every time (although it stopped making my pc crap itself after the first time), and I'm not able to rejoin the battles I crashed out of :( IDK if this is the right place for this kind of bug, if it's not, please point me in the right direction, thanks.

In this Metronome battle Pokemon Showdown told me I was trapped and couldn't switch from Turn 1, even though I would have no idea if I was trapped or not because of lack of information. Also my first mon didn't give me a switch option, confirming I was trapped, but the second one said I might be trapped and couldn't cancel a switch.

These screenshots are from Turn 2 where I use mean look on Celesteela, but this started from Turn 1 so that doesn't have to do with it. I figure the Gengar had Shadow Tag but there should at least be some consistency in telling me how I'm trapped.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-741708666

1525314261239.png

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Dont know if this a bug per say but the links to the ORAS analyses specifically in the PS teambuilder always link to SM analyses and not gen 6. I am pretty sure it is working correctly for all other older gens though.
From this:

To this:

Been bothering me for a while so just wanted to point out.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In this Metronome battle Pokemon Showdown told me I was trapped and couldn't switch from Turn 1, even though I would have no idea if I was trapped or not because of lack of information. Also my first mon didn't give me a switch option, confirming I was trapped, but the second one said I might be trapped and couldn't cancel a switch.

These screenshots are from Turn 2 where I use mean look on Celesteela, but this started from Turn 1 so that doesn't have to do with it. I figure the Gengar had Shadow Tag but there should at least be some consistency in telling me how I'm trapped.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-741708666

This is the correct implementation. In Doubles, if you attempt to switch out your left slot Pokemon and Shadow Tag / Arena Trap is active, the game won't let you do it. However, if you were able to successfully switch, you know that the opposing team does not have Shadow Tag / Arena Trap; you can also now cancel your first Pokemon's move selection and make a more informed decision. If you attempt to do this on the right slot Pokemon, however, you won't have the opportunity to cancel in-game. What the different messages in your battle indicates is that one of your opponent's Pokemon did indeed have Shadow Tag.

As for why your opponent had Shadow Tag in a format where no switching is possible, your guess is as good as mine. EDIT: Thinking more, this is probably an error on PS's part assuming that Mega Gengar has Shadow Tag (which is normally a safe assumption, I suppose).

Last edited:
This is the correct implementation. In Doubles, if you attempt to switch out your left slot Pokemon and Shadow Tag / Arena Trap is active, the game won't let you do it. However, if you were able to successfully switch, you know that the opposing team does not have Shadow Tag / Arena Trap; you can also now cancel your first Pokemon's move selection and make a more informed decision. If you attempt to do this on the right slot Pokemon, however, you won't have the opportunity to cancel in-game.
Thanks, that makes sense. Though since PS 100% guarantees my left mon is trapped thanks to the switch test, shouldn't it also be telling me my right mon is also trapped for sure and not just maybe? I thought the trapping effect from those abilities affected my full side.

EDIT: Maybe this is because Skymin is flying and wouldn't be trapped by Arena Trap.

EDIT 2: Just tried with 2 vanilla Ludicolos/Amoongus and a Shadow Tag Alakazam and I get the same message for the right Ludicolo so it's not what I thought. Might do more testing later to see if anything else seems off. At least it doesn't seem like PS made a wrong assumption with Mega Gengar since it does this check I guess, it's just that that one guy had Shadow Tag.

EDIT 3: Actually, I wonder if you even get the "trapped" message ingame with only 2 mons since they're both already in battle....

1525381796477.png

Last edited:
Since about a month or two sometimes the battle screen shifts too high so that the top gets cut off. It only happens rarely and usually goes away after refreshing ps. I am using Firefox.
Screenshot-2018-5-4 FOMG vs Scrappie - Showdown .png

Mewtwo learns Pay Day on Showdown. While, technically, it DOES get Pay Day through RBY Virtual Console, Mewtwo and all the other recipients barring Meowth, Purrloin, Liepard and Persian cannot learn Pay Day. The reason for this is because Pokemon Bank, oddly, prevents Pay Day from being transferred, therefore Mewtwo can't actually learn it post gen 1.

Hoppip gets Pay Day in Gen 2 - however, I'm not entirely sure if Hoppip transfers to gen 7. I'd need to test if it does.

The item Metronome boosts moves called by Metronome regardless of what move is called by it, so if you use Metronome 6 times and call 6 different moves, it gets the full boost on the 6th move. I'm pretty sure this is not the correct implementation.

This is also correct in-game behavior: all form changes (such as mega evolution, Aegislash changing stance, or Mimikyu going from disguised to busted) cause the game to re-evaluate the type using the new form, even if that form doesn't normally come with a type change. As a result, it will overwrite a previous Soak.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-744033836 I got a message saying "Gliscor is in an endless loop" even though its almost impossible to have an "endless loop" in pokemon since Struggle is a thing. The situation i was in was a Gliscor versus Glisor (which started turn 41) and it came to becoming a pp stall fight. By turn 117, the message appeared, it must've thought that Poison Heal would heal more than Struggle damage does, which is untrue since Poison Heal heals 1/8 and Struggle damages 1/4, that means that gliscor will die no matter what, hense it not being "endless". I think this is a bug in the programming of the game thinking that gliscor might outheal the Struggle.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-744033836 I got a message saying "Gliscor is in an endless loop" even though its almost impossible to have an "endless loop" in pokemon since Struggle is a thing. The situation i was in was a Gliscor versus Glisor (which started turn 41) and it came to becoming a pp stall fight. By turn 117, the message appeared, it must've thought that Poison Heal would heal more than Struggle damage does, which is untrue since Poison Heal heals 1/8 and Struggle damages 1/4, that means that gliscor will die no matter what, hense it not being "endless". I think this is a bug in the programming of the game thinking that gliscor might outheal the Struggle.
There were turns where struggle didn't connect because of protect or such, meaning the Gliscor was able to heal up more damage than it took in recoil. The reason one Gliscor was checked for endless battle clause was in case its opponent was something that could somehow infinitely use protect or otherwise prevent Struggle from connecting.

There were turns where struggle didn't connect because of protect or such, meaning the Gliscor was able to heal up more damage than it took in recoil. The reason one Gliscor was checked for endless battle clause was in case its opponent was something that could somehow infinitely use protect or otherwise prevent Struggle from connecting.
But regardless of protect making it so he heals struggle damage back, whenever protect pp is out, the game is finished.

I was playing 1v1s and I found an highly situational oddity regarding z-moves, which I am fairly sure is a bug. I was using a smeargle with normalium-z, however I was opposing a transformed smeargle which had used imprisonment, therefore disabling all of my moves. When I attacked I should have struggled. However, this was not the case when I used a z-move. Instead, the z-move did not occur, but rather than struggling, nothing happened, and the normalium-z was not consumed. This can create an endless battle, if not an endless supply of PP, in many cases leaving the opposing Pokémon to struggle to death. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-744397984 This was the battle.

You are unable to hover over opponent's Pokemon to see their stats when there is any weather status. Really annoying when you're trying to see if you can outspeed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)