Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Gen 8 Balanced Hackmons) Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing a Pokémon causes it’s ability to revert back to its normal one. Example: I gave a Cinderace the ability Sturdy, but when I Dynamaxed it, it gained the ability Blaze.

G-Max Resonance (Ice): Allies take reduced damage for 5 turns.
Its Lapras's Gmax move, currently its bugged and makes an aura veil for the enemy team, making it self-destructive and Hail teams pretty screwed

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Raichu's move Volt Tackle is not available in generation 8."

According multiple records in the net, a wild pikachu have a chance to hold a light ball, making this possible.

Max Moves currently use the Z-Move Base Power conversion table. I used a Heliolisk and when I hovered over Max Lightning (Thunderbolt), the Base Power was displayed as 175. This is way stronger than Max Moves are supposed to be. Max Lightning off of Thunderbolt should only have a base power of 130. Also Max Volt Switch had a Power of 145, when it should be 120.

Proof

Screenshot_20191119_211354.jpg

I got a minior whitout any attacks in challenge cup 1v1. Idk if it's normal or just a problem due to the recent release of sword and shield on SD?

Lost a doubles matchbecause i chose to dynamax a quagsire and use the move earthquake turns into, but after selecting the command, i was told it was invalid because you can't pick a target for earthquake.

Alumn

Sukcesu cena
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Opera Instantané_2019-11-19_205154_play.pokemonshowdown.com.png

gen8randombattle, I get a Mega-Charizard-X set (charizard has no item because no mega stones, normal). Change it so it get only Y set (maybe).
Opera Instantané_2019-11-19_205651_play.pokemonshowdown.com.png

same tier, turn 12 we can see that Cinderace has Libero (nice) who is unreleased.

Lost a doubles matchbecause i chose to dynamax a quagsire and use the move earthquake turns into, but after selecting the command, i was told it was invalid because you can't pick a target for earthquake.
I came here to mention this. This bug happens with every spread move, and you can't just not select a target, but you can't use the move at all

There are quite a few pokemon that use toxic, but are not from the 20 mons that can actually use it.
This is a known bug. For the moment you can check whether a mon can learn a move by validating the team in teambuilder.

On turn 23, my opponent notices that their Coalossal that had Dynamaxed on Turn 7 retained its Dynamax-boosted HP despite having been switched out forcefully by my Milotic's Dragon Tail.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8unratedrandombattle-1012759985
This is indeed a bug, dragon tail is not supposed to force dynamax opponents to switch.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Max Moves currently use the Z-Move Base Power conversion table. I used a Heliolisk and when I hovered over Max Lightning (Thunderbolt), the Base Power was displayed as 175. This is way stronger than Max Moves are supposed to be. Max Lightning off of Thunderbolt should only have a base power of 130. Also Max Volt Switch had a Power of 145, when it should be 120.

Proof
Tooltips bug only, server side its correct. We will work on tooltips soon.
same tier, turn 12 we can see that Cinderace has Libero (nice) who is unreleased.
Random Battles ignore some basic illegalities like that.

There is a weird glitch in doubles where i used dazzling gleam once on ninetales-alola and G-Max Finale on Alcremie and it said I can't choose a target, which is true, but I didn't. I think it was confusing the G-max move with Dazzling gleam somehow.

No access to Vikavolt's moves within the teambuilder for Gen 8 .

Cant choose moves for durant in the builder rn

Durant doesn't work properly in the teambuilder, it's moves are not appearing. I had to insert the moves via memory & code

Hello, it seems that I cant see vikavolt's movepool, does anybody else have this issue?

View attachment 207124
Roserade is missing its moves in the team builder - typing them in manually still works but there's no list. this isnt happening with other mons afaikView attachment 207138
Won't let you select moves when you try to add Durant to your team.
Same thing with Vikavolt.
View attachment 207064

Hard to see the point of what I'm trying to report here, but I'll explain. Basically, there's a bug in the teambuilder where for Gen 8 OU, when teambuilding for a Roserade, the moveslot gets stuck on the items/abilities page, and I'm not able to add any moves to my Pokemon provided with a drop down list of the moves Roserade gets. Mind that, the bug happens only when you refresh with the Teambuilder opened. After going back into the team you're editing with the Roserade post refresh, the bug happens. After some testing, I've so far found this issue to be only with Roserade, but I'll let people here if more Pokemon are affected by this (Giving credit to the PS user Hyposis for originally reporting this in the Help room of PS).
This has been fixed, you can now play with Roserade, Durant and Vikavolt!

Not sure if the team is already aware of this but I might be able to shed some light on the extent of it.
Firstly Roar and some other phazing moves/methods are usable on Dynamaxed Pokemon, which is verifiably not true on cart (thanks duckpond for the easy to google video).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1012756689
Additionally, as a consequence of phazing a dynamaxed pokemon, the now phazed Pokemon keeps its 200% HP bar for the rest of the match (as far as I can tell).
Evidenced here with Red Card: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1012756689
and here with Dragon Tail:
On turn 23, my opponent notices that their Coalossal that had Dynamaxed on Turn 7 retained its Dynamax-boosted HP despite having been switched out forcefully by my Milotic's Dragon Tail.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8unratedrandombattle-1012759985
No evidence but I also noticed that Charizard had 596 HP after being Roared in the first replay as well.
This may be a non-issue if Dynamax users can't be phazed on cart altogether, but it's worth noting if that is not the case.

Mimkyu took 10% when disguise was broken by a flygon in gen 8 mono random.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotyperandombattle-1012798610
Disguise has been nerfed on cart to deal some damage in SwoSh IIRC, so this is likely working as intended.

Hello, could not save the video for the match, but I have encountered several bugs involving G-Max Lapras. At first, G-Resonance would create an Aurora Veil for the opposing team rather than your own. Now, however, (And I'm not sure if this is just to act as a place holder until the G-Resonance problem is fixed) G-Resonance doesn't pop up anymore and is replaced by Max Hailstorm.

Cantius

I COULD BE BANNED!
It appears that in the teambuilder, Mew can learn Soft-Boiled:
1574200985956.png
So in /learn:
1574200939350.png
But not in validation:
1574200902955.png

But not in validation:
Validation is technically correct on Mew not learning Soft-Boiled, since Home hasn't released yet. Only way to obtain Mew on cart is to have gotten the Poke Ball Plus from pre-ordering Let's Go, not used it for Let's Go, then use it for SwSh to get the Mew inside. Although I'm pretty sure the Poke Ball Plus Mew had only 3 percent IVs, not 6.

Just to note, no Roost/Soft-Boiled/Recover TM or TR exists in SwSh, so your only recovery moves are pretty much Life Dew and Rest.

gen8randombattle, I get a Mega-Charizard-X set (charizard has no item because no mega stones, normal). Change it so it get only Y set (maybe).
This isn't an X set with the mega stone removed. This is just a physical Charizard. If it were a broken X set, it would have Dragon Claw or Outrage instead of Acrobatics.

Not sure if this goes here, but..

It's impossible for mobile players to access the Anything Goes tier for previous generation's, and I think a few others. This means I personally cant play Showdown how I want to, and I'm sure it has effected other users as well. I have several Gen 7 Anything Goes teams i can't use, since I'm stuck playing only on mobile.
Screenshot_2019-11-19-17-31-32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)