Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, on Pokemon Showdown, Symbiosis activates before the mon holding the eject button switches out. However, on Bulbapedia it says that in Gen 7 Eject Button doesn't activate symbiosis to prevent bugs from occurring. I can't find any information on how this interaction is supposed to play out in Gen 8, is it currently correct on Showdown?

I've been experiencing a bug with Showdown where it seems to randomly change my Pokemon's moves into other moves. For example, I will check my Pokemon in teambuilder, then get into a battle to discover that my moveset is different from what I saw in teambuilder. It will give my Pokemon moves that I have never put onto it. I also occassionally load Showdown and see in the teambuilder that moves have been changed.

I made a gen8balancedhackmons tour, and then i added +past, +unreleased to make a national dex BH tour. The bug ( idk, maybe it's legal ) is that mon could use Cristal Free Z, or it's supposed to be banned from BH ( maybe CFZ is inclueded in the rules past or unreleased, because without them, CFZ are banned )
ZardMX explained me so that's not a bug, sorry >.>

Second bug happend in Stabmon Natdex
So i did a gen8national dex Tour, and then i added the "Stabmons move Legality" clause, so my pokemon could learn all their stab.
1578604045705.png

So idk why, but pokemon in 8g with stabmon move legality couldn't learn "Past Gens only" Moves like steam eruption, Precipice Blades, or Origin Pulse, so that's pretty weird

Last edited:
It appears as though dynamaxing while affected by trick-or-treat removes the added ghost type. This is at least a visual bug, but the battle did not reveal whether or not it actually removed the functionality of the ghost typing.

Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1043591040
This is because Gigantamaxing wasn't properly implemented as a Dynamax flag. It was originally a server-side forme change, which meant that its mechanics were wrong, but I've since fixed that part of the bug; as you can see, Hitmontop's Sucker Punch did super-effective damage against the Normal/Ghost Snorlax. I'm not so good at client programming, so I don't know when the visual bug will be fixed.

Hello,

I assume there is a rational explanation for what I've experienced but I haven't been able to find the explanation after poking around the boards and FAQ. I hope this is an okay thread to address it in but if there's a better place let me know:

My dragonite had x1.5 speed from Dragon Dance and has maxed out speed (max speed EVs and +Speed nature), but was out-sped by a non-boosted Garchomp using outrage. Even if the Garchomp had maxed out speed it should not have been able to go first, right?

The battle in question is here (go to the very last turn):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1043983569

This sort of thing has happened several times over the past weeks and I never understand why, so if there's an explanation I would deeply appreciate it!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello,

I assume there is a rational explanation for what I've experienced but I haven't been able to find the explanation after poking around the boards and FAQ. I hope this is an okay thread to address it in but if there's a better place let me know:

My dragonite had x1.5 speed from Dragon Dance and has maxed out speed (max speed EVs and +Speed nature), but was out-sped by a non-boosted Garchomp using outrage. Even if the Garchomp had maxed out speed it should not have been able to go first, right?

The battle in question is here (go to the very last turn):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1043983569

This sort of thing has happened several times over the past weeks and I never understand why, so if there's an explanation I would deeply appreciate it!
That Garchomp almost certainly had a Choice Scarf.

Apparently if someone uses Max Guard and then gets targeted by Copycat then Copycat is supposed to become the move that Max Guard was based on. However what happens on Pokémon Showdown! in this case is that Copycat fails.

Here is a replay showing the current behaviour of Pokémon Showdown!: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumdoubles-1044226112
Max Guard was based on Trick Room.
Well to be fair the discovery is quite new, and the game is only a 2 months old right now. It might be difficult to also make it into showdown online (probally is a pain to code... but Im not a coder) Not to mention this discovery was only really made and was wide spread around... a few days ago?

There is a bug with eject button and symbiosis. Symbiosis no longer pas an item if pokemon is switched and here it works...

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
According to the battle mech research thread:

"If Neutralizing Gas was not on the field when the Unburden user lost their item: switching in Neutralizing Gas later will negate the Speed boost from Unburden until the Neutralizing Gas leaves the field"

this isn't working on showdown:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1044647063-fzbotfsr1pe3nbkwmpkwcl9w8zug4k8pw

I had a +1 Gyarados (way beyond 368 speed) with weezing on the field, and hawlucha was still faster

Slowpoke, while technically not having an evolution yet currently, is usable with the Eviolite. However, since it's not registered as having an evolution on Showdown, the Eviolite boosts don't apply.

Evidence:

Last edited:
During a battle today, Umbreons Wish had never passed when all conditions were clear for it to pass. As well as Jirachi's Stealth Rock would not effect any of the opponents pokemon, in case it was a visual bug, I tried to reuse the move later on, in which I recieved the usual caption of trying to use a hazard that's already present or maxed. Battle is posted here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1044964569
You already had full HP at the moment that Wish would have healed you. The Rocks probably did not work due to Heavy-Duty Boots. So it looks like there was no Pokémon Showdown fault or cheating involved at all but instead you were just uninformed.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Slowpoke, while technically not having an evolution yet currently, is usable with the Eviolite. However, since it's not registered as having an evolution on the Showdown, the Eviolite boosts don't apply.

Evidence:
This is already fixed just not live on the server yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)