Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

eavo

Banned deucer.
Ivy Cudgel is supposed to have a high crit chance but it doesn't show that in the builder.

:furret: will be fixed whenever the website is rebuilt (#9767)

Last edited by a moderator:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hi, visual tooltip issue in the Neutralizing Gas/Unburden interaction. Although the NGas properly negates the Unburden boost, the tooltip indicates that the Pokemon's speed has doubled (even though it hasn't really). This occurred in a Gen 9 LC game with NGas Koffing vs Oran Berry Unburden Drifloon, with the Koffing triggering Oran Berry's consumption.

Found another bug: If you add Sandy Shocks to your team, it has no happiness level and you're unable to edit it unless you're using the import function, which leaves it unusable due to being rejected.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO
:furret: what were the actions you took to encounter this error? whether I change the format to natdex before or after adding sandy, i can't get this to happen.

Attachments

hi id just like to report a small visual bug, when weezing galar is on the field with neutralising gas, kingambit still says how many fallen allies it has, i dont believe it still gives the damage boost though

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Ogerpon is allowed to change its tera type when it actually cant, should probably get fixed as soon as possible. Ty PS team

BUG STATUS: FIXED (#9779)

Hello, I came here to report an interaction that I found regarding Terastalizing and Heatproof.

THE BUG / OVERSIGHT
Showdown and its calculator do not allow a tera-boosted fire move to go under 60BP when hitting a Heatproof Pokemon (I am aware of the buff that takes place when using a tera boosted move under 60BP). I tested this on cartridge, and the damage did not match Showdown.

MY FINDINGS
Here is the Slugma I used for testing. The fire move I used is Ember (40BP). The stats of the Heatproof Bronzor are in the following screenshots.
2023092409102800-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg
Ember dealt 26 damage without tera. This is expected, I just wanted to include the data here.
2023092409154000-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg 2023092409200800-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg1694741149808.png
After tera, Ember dealt 52 damage to the same Bronzor (I reset and re-battled) which according to Showdown and its calculator is not a possible damage value.
2023092409165200-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg 2023092409173700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpgScreenshot 2023-09-14 212324.png
I've also included a Showdown replay to show what happens when using these two mons with the exact same stats on the simulator:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1943687289

That's all, thank you!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - Mechanics (Server)
:furret: this is actually because Heatproof got changed from a power mod to an Attack mod this gen. go figure!

There's another bug, Empoleon in national dex is not able to have Defiant even thought it had it in prior gens
Screenshot_20230914-234627_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230914-214912_Chrome.jpg

:furret: You'll have to ask the NatDex council about this one. However I believe this counts as having the entire ability slot retconned.

Found another bug: If you add Sandy Shocks to your team, it has no happiness level and you're unable to edit it unless you're using the import function, which leaves it unusable due to being rejected.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO
:furret: what were the actions you took to encounter this error? whether I change the format to natdex before or after adding sandy, i can't get this to happen.
The glitch only happens in ou, that's probably why you can't recreate it.

:furret: still not enough information for me to reproduce, i'm looking for specific steps

The glitch only happens in ou, that's probably why you can't recreate it.

:furret: still not enough information for me to reproduce, i'm looking for specific steps
There were no steps, I just went to ou in teambuilder and added Sandy Shocks and then when I validated my team it just decided that Sandy Shocks wasn't allowed to have emotions and wouldn't allow it in.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
First seen here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3710859/post-9781267

Transforming (whether by Transform or Imposter) into Ogerpon and switching out allows the Pokemon that Transformed to bypass Terastal Clause to Terastallize the next time it's in but isn't transformed into Ogerpon (Transforming into a different Ogerpon still prevents you from Terastallizing). Doesn't appear to happen with any of the other new Pokemon. Note that, unlike what the post on the BH thread said, in neither of the below replays does Ogerpon have an item.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1944347418-h6zhr1qbivjcu7i2iqubsc408te0l6npw (Imposter)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1944358271-kefilqgghk6e52ppqov7kba4p5hfjv4pw (Transform)

Last edited:
NOT BUGS (all generations)
  • Using a move like Volt Switch or U-turn into a Pokemon with Eject Button or Emergency Exit will only cause the Eject Button / Emergency Exit user to switch.
  • Terrains only benefit grounded Pokemon. For example, a priority Bullet Punch can hit Aerodactyl in Psychic Terrain, because Aerodactyl is Flying-type.
    • Similarly, if a Pokemon loses its Flying-type / Levitate, etc. during a turn and becomes grounded, it will benefit from terrains for that turn. So a Zapdos using Roost can gain Grassy Terrain recovery, because it lost its Flying-type.
  • If the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage, Rapid Spin does not remove hazards, and Knock Off does not remove the target's item.
  • Air Lock and Cloud Nine do not actually end weather or prevent weather from beginning; they just stop the effects of weather while the Pokemon is active.
  • Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground, so it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison, so it is still affected by Toxic.
  • A Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage or using moves it can't learn is probably a Zoroark (especially in random battles).
  • Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move.
  • If your Pokemon is holding an Assault Vest, it cannot use status moves. If it only knows status moves, it will use Struggle instantly.
  • If you can only use Struggle, you cannot Dynamax, Mega Evolve, or use a Z-move.
  • If your opponent's move "But it failed!" when the opponent only had one Pokemon left in a double battle, they probably accidentally targeted their fainted partner slot.
  • Trick Room is -7 negative priority, so Prankster Trick Room only moves it up to -6 negative priority, and will still probably go last in the turn.
  • Hypnosis, Sand Attack, Glare, Eerie Impulse, and Gastro Acid can hit Dark, Flying, Ghost, Ground, and Steel types, respectively. The only Status move that checks type immunity is Thunder Wave.
  • Sheer Force prevents the user's Life Orb recoil and Shell Bell recovery, as well as the target's Berserk, Color Change, Emergency Exit, Pickpocket, Wimp Out, Red Card, Eject Button, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry from activating only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force.
  • Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
  • If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus, or your Pokemon had Sheer Force.
  • Fake Out, First Impression, and Mat Block only work on your first turn out on the field.
  • Wish doesn't take effect if the Pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it.
  • Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
  • Illusion, Air Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
  • Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or a flinch or a similar effect).
  • Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, and Counter).
  • Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
  • Since Gen 5, a Flying-type Pokemon holding Iron Ball takes neutral damage from Ground-type moves regardless of its other type(s), unless another effect is also grounding it.
  • Roost removes the user's Flying type for the rest of the turn only if the user was successfully healed.
  • A status condition remains on a Pokemon even if it later gains a typing that makes it immune to that status condition.
  • Doom Desire/Future Sight do not get boosts from the user's item or Ability if the user is not active when the move hits.
  • Ring Target only removes direct type immunities. For example, a Ring Target Fire-type still cannot be burnt.
  • Plasma Fists sets the Ion Deluge effect, which turns all Normal-type attacks into Electric-type attacks for the rest of the turn, meaning, for example, Volt Absorb can heal from them.
  • In Random Battles, Zoroark is given the level of the Pokemon it will firstly disguise as (AKA the last slot of the team). Zoroark will reveal itself on the team tooltip if later in the battle it disguises as another -already revealed- Pokemon with a different level, since that'd mean leaking that a Pokemon has Illusion.
NOT BUGS (Generation 8/SwSh mechanics)
  • Urshifu's form is not revealed at Team Preview. You don't know which type of Urshifu it is until it is sent out during a match.
  • Speed changes cause turn order to updates instantly, unlike in previous generation. An ally Pokemon using Tailwind in doubles will boost its partner's Speed and place in turn order immediately.
    • This does not apply to things like Lagging Tail, which will not force the target to move last if given via Trick until the following turn.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots prevents all hazard effects, which means it won't take damage from Stealth Rock, have its Speed lowered from Sticky Web, etc.
  • Healing Wish waits to restore HP and status conditions until a Pokemon is sent out that can be healed. If you send out healthy Pokemon, Healing Wish won't activate until a non-healthy Pokemon is sent out.
  • Using Court Change after setting your own Sticky Web counts as lowering your own Speed, so Defiant/Competitive will not activate, because those abilities only activate on an opponent's stat drop effect.
  • If a Pokemon with Neutralizing Gas switches out, all entrance activation abilities like Intimidate, Drizzle, etc. will attempt to re-activate, even if they had already successfully activated before.
  • Dynamaxed Pokemon are immune to effects like:
    • Phazing effects (e.g. Roar/Dragon Tail/Red Card)
    • Weight-based attacks (e.g. Heat Crash, Low Kick)
    • Flinches
    • Encore, Skill Swap, Entrainment, Destiny Bond, and OHKO moves
    • If Runerigus or another Wandering Spirit Pokemon is Dynamaxed, Wandering Spirit will not activate
    • Choice items (and the ability Gorilla Tactics) are negated during Dynamax
  • Some things Dynamax cannot do:
    • It does not bypass Taunt, and should Max Guard will be prevented as a result.
    • If you are forced to Struggle or are in the middle of a move like Outrage, you cannot Dynamax.
    • If a Dynamax Pokemon holds an Eject Button, Eject Pack, or has Emergency Exit, it can still be forced to switch by triggering those effects.
    • Parting Shot into a Magic Bounce Dynamax Pokemon will cause the Magic Bounce Pokemon to switch out.
NOT BUGS (Generation 7/SM mechanics)
  • When a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it immediately gains its Mega speed for the turn. As a result, a Mega Swampert's Swift Swim will kick in instantly on the turn it Mega Evolves, and a Mega Garchomp would instantly become slower.
    • Only Mega Evolution behaves this way; for example, if you use Tailwind in doubles, your ally's turn order will not be affected until the following turn.
  • Type-changing abilities like Pixilate and moves like Hidden Power do not change types as Z-moves.
  • Z-moves can bypass the effects of Taunt, Encore, Disable, Imprison, and similar effects.
  • Dark-types are immune to status moves used by opposing Pokemon with the ability Prankster.
NOT BUGS (Generation 6/XY mechanics)
  • When a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it keeps its pre-Mega Speed for the purposes of turn order. As a result, a Mega Swampert's Swift Swim won't kick in until the following turn, and a Prankster Sableye will keep boosted priority on its status moves on the turn it Mega Evolves.
  • Grass-types are immune to spore and powder moves, including Rage Powder. Pokemon with the ability Overcoat or the item Safety Goggles also have this immunity.
  • Sound moves, as well as the Infiltrator Ability, bypass the move Substitute and deal damage.
  • Ghost-types cannot be trapped by any means, including Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Mean Look, Whirlpool, and other similar effects.
  • When used by a Poison-type, Toxic has a No Guard-like effect, which means it can hit Pokemon during the middle of moves like Fly and Phantom Force.
There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)
Every time that I make a pokemon showdown team everything deletes
NOT BUGS (all generations)
  • Using a move like Volt Switch or U-turn into a Pokemon with Eject Button or Emergency Exit will only cause the Eject Button / Emergency Exit user to switch.
  • Terrains only benefit grounded Pokemon. For example, a priority Bullet Punch can hit Aerodactyl in Psychic Terrain, because Aerodactyl is Flying-type.
    • Similarly, if a Pokemon loses its Flying-type / Levitate, etc. during a turn and becomes grounded, it will benefit from terrains for that turn. So a Zapdos using Roost can gain Grassy Terrain recovery, because it lost its Flying-type.
  • If the user faints from Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet damage, Rapid Spin does not remove hazards, and Knock Off does not remove the target's item.
  • Air Lock and Cloud Nine do not actually end weather or prevent weather from beginning; they just stop the effects of weather while the Pokemon is active.
  • Wonder Guard is not an immunity: Shedinja is not immune to Ground, so it takes damage from Spikes. Shedinja is not immune to Poison, so it is still affected by Toxic.
  • A Pokemon taking incorrect hazard damage or using moves it can't learn is probably a Zoroark (especially in random battles).
  • Sucker Punch fails if the target uses a faster priority move.
  • If your Pokemon is holding an Assault Vest, it cannot use status moves. If it only knows status moves, it will use Struggle instantly.
  • If you can only use Struggle, you cannot Dynamax, Mega Evolve, or use a Z-move.
  • If your opponent's move "But it failed!" when the opponent only had one Pokemon left in a double battle, they probably accidentally targeted their fainted partner slot.
  • Trick Room is -7 negative priority, so Prankster Trick Room only moves it up to -6 negative priority, and will still probably go last in the turn.
  • Hypnosis, Sand Attack, Glare, Eerie Impulse, and Gastro Acid can hit Dark, Flying, Ghost, Ground, and Steel types, respectively. The only Status move that checks type immunity is Thunder Wave.
  • Sheer Force prevents the user's Life Orb recoil and Shell Bell recovery, as well as the target's Berserk, Color Change, Emergency Exit, Pickpocket, Wimp Out, Red Card, Eject Button, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry from activating only when using moves that have a secondary effect removed by Sheer Force.
  • Speed Boost does not activate on the turn you switch in: yes, this is different from most other abilities/items that activate at the end of a turn.
  • If Fake Out didn't cause a flinch, your opponent probably had Shield Dust or Inner Focus, or your Pokemon had Sheer Force.
  • Fake Out, First Impression, and Mat Block only work on your first turn out on the field.
  • Wish doesn't take effect if the Pokemon in its place faints the turn it would've healed it.
  • Pursuit will deal double damage immediately before any switch-out, as long as Pursuit has not been used at regular priority yet. This includes U-turn and Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass.
  • Illusion, Air Balloon, Destiny Bond, Wonder Guard, etc only take effect if the damage was from a move, not an indirect effect such as entry hazards, Poison damage, etc.
  • Destiny Bond lasts until the move user makes another move (or would've made another move, if not for confusion or a flinch or a similar effect).
  • Focus Sash and Sturdy affect all move damage (including static damage moves like Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, and Counter).
  • Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance can be stopped during effect and not cause confusion if Protect/Detect is used on the second turn of a three-turn duration.
  • Since Gen 5, a Flying-type Pokemon holding Iron Ball takes neutral damage from Ground-type moves regardless of its other type(s), unless another effect is also grounding it.
  • Roost removes the user's Flying type for the rest of the turn only if the user was successfully healed.
  • A status condition remains on a Pokemon even if it later gains a typing that makes it immune to that status condition.
  • Doom Desire/Future Sight do not get boosts from the user's item or Ability if the user is not active when the move hits.
  • Ring Target only removes direct type immunities. For example, a Ring Target Fire-type still cannot be burnt.
  • Plasma Fists sets the Ion Deluge effect, which turns all Normal-type attacks into Electric-type attacks for the rest of the turn, meaning, for example, Volt Absorb can heal from them.
  • In Random Battles, Zoroark is given the level of the Pokemon it will firstly disguise as (AKA the last slot of the team). Zoroark will reveal itself on the team tooltip if later in the battle it disguises as another -already revealed- Pokemon with a different level, since that'd mean leaking that a Pokemon has Illusion.
NOT BUGS (Generation 8/SwSh mechanics)
  • Urshifu's form is not revealed at Team Preview. You don't know which type of Urshifu it is until it is sent out during a match.
  • Speed changes cause turn order to updates instantly, unlike in previous generation. An ally Pokemon using Tailwind in doubles will boost its partner's Speed and place in turn order immediately.
    • This does not apply to things like Lagging Tail, which will not force the target to move last if given via Trick until the following turn.
  • Heavy-Duty Boots prevents all hazard effects, which means it won't take damage from Stealth Rock, have its Speed lowered from Sticky Web, etc.
  • Healing Wish waits to restore HP and status conditions until a Pokemon is sent out that can be healed. If you send out healthy Pokemon, Healing Wish won't activate until a non-healthy Pokemon is sent out.
  • Using Court Change after setting your own Sticky Web counts as lowering your own Speed, so Defiant/Competitive will not activate, because those abilities only activate on an opponent's stat drop effect.
  • If a Pokemon with Neutralizing Gas switches out, all entrance activation abilities like Intimidate, Drizzle, etc. will attempt to re-activate, even if they had already successfully activated before.
  • Dynamaxed Pokemon are immune to effects like:
    • Phazing effects (e.g. Roar/Dragon Tail/Red Card)
    • Weight-based attacks (e.g. Heat Crash, Low Kick)
    • Flinches
    • Encore, Skill Swap, Entrainment, Destiny Bond, and OHKO moves
    • If Runerigus or another Wandering Spirit Pokemon is Dynamaxed, Wandering Spirit will not activate
    • Choice items (and the ability Gorilla Tactics) are negated during Dynamax
  • Some things Dynamax cannot do:
    • It does not bypass Taunt, and should Max Guard will be prevented as a result.
    • If you are forced to Struggle or are in the middle of a move like Outrage, you cannot Dynamax.
    • If a Dynamax Pokemon holds an Eject Button, Eject Pack, or has Emergency Exit, it can still be forced to switch by triggering those effects.
    • Parting Shot into a Magic Bounce Dynamax Pokemon will cause the Magic Bounce Pokemon to switch out.
NOT BUGS (Generation 7/SM mechanics)
  • When a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it immediately gains its Mega speed for the turn. As a result, a Mega Swampert's Swift Swim will kick in instantly on the turn it Mega Evolves, and a Mega Garchomp would instantly become slower.
    • Only Mega Evolution behaves this way; for example, if you use Tailwind in doubles, your ally's turn order will not be affected until the following turn.
  • Type-changing abilities like Pixilate and moves like Hidden Power do not change types as Z-moves.
  • Z-moves can bypass the effects of Taunt, Encore, Disable, Imprison, and similar effects.
  • Dark-types are immune to status moves used by opposing Pokemon with the ability Prankster.
NOT BUGS (Generation 6/XY mechanics)
  • When a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it keeps its pre-Mega Speed for the purposes of turn order. As a result, a Mega Swampert's Swift Swim won't kick in until the following turn, and a Prankster Sableye will keep boosted priority on its status moves on the turn it Mega Evolves.
  • Grass-types are immune to spore and powder moves, including Rage Powder. Pokemon with the ability Overcoat or the item Safety Goggles also have this immunity.
  • Sound moves, as well as the Infiltrator Ability, bypass the move Substitute and deal damage.
  • Ghost-types cannot be trapped by any means, including Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Mean Look, Whirlpool, and other similar effects.
  • When used by a Poison-type, Toxic has a No Guard-like effect, which means it can hit Pokemon during the middle of moves like Fly and Phantom Force.
There are three types of damage: Move damage, residual damage, and direct damage.

Most abilities, moves, and items that affect damage will only affect one type of damage: either move damage or residual damage. There are zero effects that apply to direct damage. The only effect that applies to both move and residual damage is Heatproof.

Examples of move damage:
- damage dealt, during a move that hits, to the target(s) of a Physical or Special move
- includes static damage: Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, SonicBoom, and Counter
- does not include the secondary target of Flame Burst (which would be residual damage)

Examples of direct damage:
- hurting yourself in confusion
- damaging yourself during Substitute, Curse, Belly Drum, or Struggle (but not the damage to your opponent, if applicable)
- does NOT include other forms of recoil (which would be residual damage)

Examples of residual damage:
- all other damage
- includes recoil, poison/burn, Leech Seed, weather, hazards, damage from abilities, damage from items...

Things that affect move damage only:
- Wonder Guard
- Sturdy, Focus Sash, Focus Band, Endeavor
- Illusion, Balloon, Destiny Bond

Things that affect residual damage only:
- Magic Guard
- most other effects only affect specific types of residual damage, such as: Poison Heal (poison damage), Rock Head (recoil damage)
Every time Imake a team and battle with it, when i close showdown my team gets deleted, happens every time

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Every time that I make a pokemon showdown team everything deletes

Every time Imake a team and battle with it, when i close showdown my team gets deleted, happens every time
This means your browser must be deleting your cookies, you should either:

a) figure out how to make an exception for Pokemon Showdown!

b) Save all your teams in a pokepaste (pokepast.es)

1694859339845.png

1694859354496.png

Seems like a client issue , the select element for choosing the format just disappeared on all teams (Google Chrome here)

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO This is more than likely your ad blocker or another extension being overzealous and thinking the format selector is an ad and deleting it. Try disabling that. I was unable to reproduce this issue.

Pokemon Showdown Bug Reports
:sm/genesect: :sm/charjabug: :ss/orbeetle:
No, not those kinds of bugs!
This thread is specifically for reporting Pokemon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands.

If you have a different issue, there is probably another thread somewhere related to that topic:
In all cases, be sure to read the first post of the thread you're posting in!

Rules
Please report bugs by posting in this thread, not by reporting this post (yes, it happens). But before reporting, try these steps first to see if it's actually a bug:
  1. Check the lists of Not Bugs in the 2nd post of this thread.
  2. Save a replay of the battle (use the
    button or the "/savereplay" command). If it's a visual bug, also take a screenshot to include in your post. Although not required, cartridge footage, such as a YouTube or Twitter video, can be helpful to better understand the bug you're reporting.
  3. Look up the relevant Pokemon/moves/Abilities/items on the PSdex and the first post of the Smogon Battle Mechanics Research thread. If neither explains the behavior you saw, consider asking about it in the Help room. If no one there can explain it, feel free to post the bug here.
  4. Make sure your opponent's Pokemon isn't Zorua or Zoroark.
  5. Make sure no one has reported this bug on the last page or two of the thread.
  6. Make sure this bug exists on the official server, with no custom styles enabled.
If you are posting a large screenshot, please insert it inside a spoiler or put HIDE tags around it. [HIDE]a screenshot[/HIDE]
View attachment 243085

Bug Triage Process (aka why did my post get edited)

After you make a post, it will eventually be edited by a member of Pokemon Showdown staff to update the post on the progress of the bug report. You will see "BUG STATUS:", followed by one of these criteria:
  • NOT A BUG: the bug you posted isn't actually a bug at all; Showdown behaves exactly like it would on the actual games in the situation you posted about. Alternatively, this is an intended feature in Pokemon Showdown that is working the way it was designed to work.
  • WRONG PLACE: the interaction you posted might be a bug, but it belongs in another bug report thread, like the damage calc bug report thread, or potentially a thread for a particular OM. You also might have posted a suggestion or a technical support question, which belong in their own separate places.
  • NEEDS MORE INFO: you might have posted a bug, but without a replay or screenshot, it is much more difficult to recreate and fix. Please post again with the additional information or edit it into your post.
  • NEEDS MORE RESEARCH: this bug requires additional research into its behavior on cartridge to make sure it's really a bug.
  • CONFIRMED: This is a bug! Showdown developers have added it on their to-do list to fix. Note that Showdown developers work for free on their own time, so please be patient as the bug is being addressed. We've seen your post! There may be additional information added afterwards to clarify the type of bug:
    • CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) - this is a bug with the fundamental interaction of the mechanic. It's a bug with how the interaction works, or functions.
    • CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) - this is a bug with the display / visual issue of the mechanic. It functions correctly, but tooltips or other visual elements are bugged to make it appear buggy. This would include replay display bugs.
    • CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER - this is a bug relating to the Showdown teambuilder.
    • CONFIRMED - LEGALITY - this is a bug where a Pokemon is allowed in a format where it shouldn't be allowed, or it isn't allowed in a format where it should be allowed.
    • CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) - this is a bug related to the functionality of commands, permissions, or in general how something functions in the chat.
    • CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) - this is a bug with pretty much how anything looks or feels, or a bug with commands processed on the user's side.
    • CONFIRMED - SPRITE - a sprite needs fixed or uploaded.
    • CONFIRMED - OTHER - a catch-all if another category doesn't work.
Once it's finished, you'll see your post changed to:
  • FIXED: The bug has been fixed! Thanks for helping to keep Showdown bug-free!
Old Bug Reports thread v3
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1944898648-c0rqwkr9ymg706enwvxsdx0meyajz1ipw

In this game my greninja Protean ability doesn't change his type in psych after using extrasensory

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1694899162953.png

When leaving an (ended) battle that was opened from a replay where I was the player, the "forfeit" popup appeared even though the battle had finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)