CAP 3D Modeling Project

QxC4eva

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Shameless plug. If anyone's interested helping out on any of the caps25 prevos (model sheet/wireframe/animation etc) please let me know! I may be able to kickstart a side project if there's enough interest. We got a few orthographic and texture artists so far but we need more team members for it to happen.... especially wireframe modelers. We can really use your help =]

Birkal:
Every CAP has a pre-modeling phase that happens behind the scenes so I don't expect anyone to know this, but preparations start as early as the beginning of each CAP. We're already a few weeks into it. Your do-it-quicker policy since Jumbao has left us with very little modeling time and unpredictable schedules, so for us to not fail we need to have backup plans for literally everything. This includes me having to find as many substitute modelers who can take over if needed, tutoring various team members to get them more efficient at a particular skill, and doing extra hours at work so I can take some time off later to fill in the gaps. Not to mention the increased burnout we get after each project and having to spend time on CAP 26 preparation rather than on Fidgit or Kerf. I don't think we're in full agreement with some things but it'll be nice to have someone conclude this PRC at some point.
165626 Here's the Fidgit files on my computer but I prefer not to upload anything unless we get a PRC verdict. The amount of activity in this thread will depend on what that verdict will be.

edit- might as well include the batch of renders I forgot to post from last time :P

Last edited:

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this is easily the most impressive part of cap, also would be the most expensive part of cap without a doubt if someone was paying for all the work lol

great job everyone

QxC4eva

Gen 8 render dump. I'm gonna need more footage before I can decide where exactly the lights are and how the specular and reflection works, cause I'm still scratching my head at this point. Here's how it looks so far.

Overall it's a MUCH easier style to do than gen 6 or 7, and CAP may no longer be the only fakemon project who can master it. I may do a tutorial but the pic above should be self explanatory if you're a graphics programmer :P

Smash

Let's go
(basically smash with lots of blooooom)

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Gen 8 render dump. I'm gonna need more footage before I can decide where exactly the lights are and how the specular and reflection works, cause I'm still scratching my head at this point. Here's how it looks so far.

Overall it's a MUCH easier style to do than gen 6 or 7, and CAP may no longer be the only fakemon project who can master it. I may do a tutorial but the pic above should be self explanatory if you're a graphics programmer :P

Smash

Let's go
(basically smash with lots of blooooom)
ur a god. keep up the amazing work m8 looks beautiful. Also love the meme reference

Hey, the HD models are a huge improvement over measly 3D models. The CAPs look even better now, and you fellows might have an easier time working on them. I might start collecting HD models in addition to sprites!

In addition to that, several HD Fakemon artists might be able to pass their designs as either CAPs or official Pokémon. This may or may not be dangerous for us.

QxC4eva

Thanks guys! It's hard to say if we'll have an easier time on them, but I think the challenge has shifted away from rendering and more towards other areas like animation. (not that anything has changed yet we're still doing gen 7 :P)

Voodoom update

Here's an edit of noobiess' model from eons ago. I went through every critique and applied them to the model. Any more feedback on the shape or proportions etc would be nice, and I'd also like to see if DougJustDoug has any input before we go to the next step!

OBJ - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jh-Oh67_G08r1fXsPL_wW3F0H8mEIeML

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
QxC4eva I love the new Voodoom model! I liked what noobiess started, but you have improved the model dramatically! WOW! I think the model now looks like the Voodoom I designed. The proportions are better, and the little details are perfect. I think it's fantastic, and I can't wait to see how it progresses!

QxC4eva

StephXPM's eye thing won the polls and we're gonna work on it! If you want to help please let us know. Meanwhile here's some UV maps.

Fawnifer and Swirlpool

Voodoom

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
It’s just as beautiful as the artwork ;-;

Though I’m afraid that’s going far too slowly for Rapid Spin

Omg it looks so GOOD and you did it so early too, how did u do it so fast??
I made a very rough model to help me pose my design during the art stage, and since I won I figured I could just upscale that into HD with some tiny adjustments.

CAP speedrun!

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone, I've made my first contribution to maps here for Equilibra. I'd just like to thank Tomomon for all the help they've given me in getting this ready in terms of both tutoring and specific feedback, as well as to whomever made the base map for me to colour over!

I thought I'd also include a cheeky rendering to wet everybody's whistles.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)