CAP 7 CAP 7 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Second concept. This time I wanted to use a cog, but I didnt want to draw a cog, because that would just look strange in a pokemon. Instead I tried to fuse the cog with the torso, so that despite not being a cog, it would still be reminiscing of one. I also tried to keep the whole medievel thing I had going along in the 1st concept.

can we have a colored version for this??

You guys make me feel like I crashed the party, stop.

Check this out

I suppose it would be illegal (not having a distinct outline) for final artwork but it's not so... yeah. If it is legal, then I have just made my final! (And I will make another post for it)

I am basing this judgement on:
-Its too freaking awesome and its hogging everyone's attention
-People prefer the mouth-less version
-The psychadelic colors are perfect
-And I don't want to re-create another pose for my final.

...so, uh, what do you think? Too flashy?

Alright, I started working on a second concept, a bone-armored stag.

Not sure if I like it yet. If I do, I'll color it, but I might go to another design.

You guys make me feel like I crashed the party, stop.

Check this out

I suppose it would be illegal (not having a distinct outline) for final artwork but it's not so... yeah. If it is legal, then I have just made my final! (And I will make another post for it)

Elegy I really liked your second submission over this one, the one with the mouth and stright blue color scheme. But w/e, you probably still have my vote. All Im going to say is that it should definitely have the red pupils like the second submission, and please reconsider adding a mouth. Finally, I liked the first pose better, but thats irrelevant, its the same pokemon :-P
Good Luck.

Caladbolg. You are just too good. O_o
I was actually thinking of submitting a ghost ninja, but my sense of failure told me I was going to fail.

Am I allowed to submit the purple design? Or will I have to show a distinct line where the feet are?

EDIT: Never mind I will handle it. Expect my final to come tonight.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to enter this time either. I don't want to submit a design if I didn't feel it was subjectively-objectively (lol) the best design. Elegy should get the win this time.

That's not to say that the other designs aren't good -- I saw some others I was really impressed with, too. Kudos all around.

Now I wish I could have finished my CAP6 design...

I'm going to miss the mouth. That face really tickled me to laughter inside (it seemed really maniacal), but I guess going without does make Phox seem more dead.

The new feet feel really iffy to me. Maybe it's just because I'm used to seeing it with the paws though. *shrugs*

Final Submission

Main Design:

Ghost Fox

Supporting Material:
Jumping_through_a_portal (beware: this design was made when the shoulder had an expression)
The_design_that_started_it_all (to implement this design, take out the mouth =D)
I_do_not_walk_on_this_earth
Sitting_down (Hand drawn)
From_the_back (Hand drawn)

THE PHANTOM PHOX
Here, it's finally here....
....This is Phox. 'Tis only a nickname, it's quite a practical mix between phantom and fox. For those inquiring about it's characteristics, I have them all here, in a neat and unnecessary list =)

-It depicts STEEL in these ways: Obvious gritty steel masks over it's body, it's fur is ruffled relating to the static cling caused by it's metallic chemical bonding of said steel masks, and it... well... that's it...
-It depicts GHOST in these ways: The malevolent smile, eyes, mist, and overall hollow appearance. (Not pertaining to those Hollow from Bleach, which I think is an awesome anime still)

For those people who like to read the Pokedex entries here is what I think they should be similar to:
It has the awkward ability to drain information from beings just by staring at them. Not necessarily mind reading, more like mind robbing.

My inspiration came from, truthfully, my pet cat himself. He is a black cat who has an obnoxious habit of sniffing everything like it was his job. He is adorable, and perfect for this design. Cats are excellent at getting into and through things, can sprint fast, and black ones do involve a little bad luck...tee hee! The masks on Phox were inspired by my attraction to the game, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Of course you would expect a mask-related design coming from me....right?
Also:
-the dark blue color is the same color as police outfits.

-an iron fox-hole is an underground compartment used in war to protect soldiers from assault...and some that are built in hillsides have eye holes used to "scout" your enemy.

-curiosity killed the cat.

I don't get why, considering the prevos have nothing to do with the final product really :[
It has nothing to do with the final, but it's pretty good supporting material. I already had about 4 designs that I was seriously considering voting for, with a few others ready to join the group, but this extra art adds it to the list of possible votes ^_^

I agree. It will probably get my vote if we get to pick more than one =D
that, along with caladbolg's knightmon if we get three =D

Final Submission

Main Design:

Supporting Material:

The Demon Jack-in-the-Box began in a sorry Toys-r-us in my mexicano-ghetto town. One day, a gangbanger came in to steal some toys for his illegitamate children. But an off-duty police officer caught him stealing an Iron Jack in the Box. The two wreseled on the ground for a few minutes while little 5 years pulled on they're mom's sleeves to ask for a toy. Suddenly, the Jack-in-the-box flew up into the air and hit the cop on the head. This knocked him out cold, and the gangbanger ran out of the store.
The police officer never recovered.
The next day, the gangstar gave the toy to his son. His son, who wanted a video game and a nicer house, tossed it in the trash. It was taken to a landfill, were it was accendentaly sorted into the pile named "Nuclear Fuel" Soon, the toy was inside a nuclear missle inside a plane piloted by Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Tom Cruise used his scientology powers to force Obama to go to war with France, and allow Tom to nuke Paris. While no one was angry about this, Tom backed out becuase he couldn't live with killing the 20,000 American tourists in the Paris area. But merely being over France AND exposded to nuclear radiation caused the Jack-in-the-Box to come alive with the spirit of the dead cop. However, being near Tom Cruise screwed up any chance of a really bad setup for a superhero movie and just made the Jack-in-the-Box evil and Ghostly

Just a suggestion, but I recalled the old myth, that when someone took your picture, a bit of your soul was captured in the picture, which inspired me to come up with this camera/tripod robit, I'll work on the design s'more based on feedback

(Also, this totally fits in as a scout, he'll take naked pics of your opponents team and post them on the internet or some shit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)