CAP 12 CAP1 - Special Poll - Dream World Ability Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Flavor Ability

Unless I'm mistaken, we have always assumed that Prankster would be legal with all those non-attacking moves. No hidden ability is only for pokemon with truly exceptional abilities, so no. We do not even have to "release" the ability yet (like almost all gen 5 pokemon), and we could give it something pointless like Slip Through so that it will never matter.

Edit: P.S. I am and always been American, yet I have always spelled it "flavour". I am not sure what that means...

Flavor Ability

Limiting Tomohawk's Prankster movepool by making it a Dream World ability sets a troublesome precedent. We don't yet know if/when all the Gen V Pokes will get their DW abilities. Probably around the time of the third game. And when that happens, we'll have a lot of trouble explaining why Tomohawk of all the "gen V mons" is the only one that is all male in the Dream World.

Flavor Ability

No DW Ability shouldn't even be an option. Tomohawk simply isn't the kind of Pokemon that gets no DW Ability.

We can make illegalities with prankster whether or not it's a DW ability, so in that respect it Prankster vs Flavor doesn't matter. But I'd like to see Tomohawk get a third ability, so Flavor it is!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Flavor Ability

In other words, less work.

If this thing is ridiculously broken because we gave it a flavor DW ability, we know what we did wrong and can make sure we don't repeat it with later CAPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)