Metagame Cross Evolution

Thanks. I tended to make offence-oriented teams in Cross Evolution because everything gets ridiculously high stats, but I've never played it on a ladder.

Also, I think it would make more sense if Bellossom subtracted the evolver's secondary type, like Mega Aggron in Mix and Mega. Unless there's an in-game coding reason for this?

Thanks. I tended to make offence-oriented teams in Cross Evolution because everything gets ridiculously high stats, but I've never played it on a ladder.

Also, I think it would make more sense if Bellossom subtracted the evolver's secondary type, like Mega Aggron in Mix and Mega. Unless there's an in-game coding reason for this?
I believe that this was just a legacy mechanic that had something to do with the way Cross Evolution was coded; I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember some discussion about it in either the Gen 6/7 threads. I believe the reason why it was never changed was that it was too specific and not really metagame relevant at all.

On the topic of teamstyles, it's important to note that unlike normal Gen 8 metagames, Cross Evolution is not hypothetically limited by the "limited dex" issue that many other metagames face - any team built without some specific threats in mind may find themselves getting steamrolled in certain matchups. Generally, the playstyles with highest consistency pre-Crown Tundra were bulky offense and stall, although the introduction of fast, powerful Pokemon such as Magmar and Electabuzz would have shifted the metagame since CE's time on the ladder.

Last edited:
I think it would make more sense if Bellossom subtracted the evolver's secondary type, like Mega Aggron in Mix and Mega. Unless there's an in-game coding reason for this?
Actually Aggronite used to give a secondary Steel typing but they changed it to remove the secondary type for some reason.

I believe the in-game coding reason is that single-typed Pokémon are actually represented as dual-typed but with both types the same, but don't quote me on that.

Hey folks, while this metagame is not easy to find people playing, I wanted to make some practice offensive mons, some using some unexpected evolutions. Wanted some opinions on these ones I just brewed up:

Heavy Hitter, Pure Steel
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Drill Run
Lucario (Abra) @ Choice Specs
Psychic/Steel with solid Sp. Atk and Speed
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon

Lucario (Staryu) @ Choice Scarf
Water/Steel, so similar to the Abra set
but slightly more bulk at the cost of power
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
Now this one I wasn't sure of, but apparently you get all the coverage you need with Water/Grass/Ice offenses.
Ability: Shield Dust
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Giga Drain
An already tanky base mon made significantly tankier but still offensively solid
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- mixed attacker with some strong never-miss moves
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Dynamic Punch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Update: here's another fun-looking one
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
Edit: I had to find out from AAA that Magic Guard removes recoil damage. Might need to rethink this one then.

Sylveon (Yamask-Galar) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Voice

Espeon (Stunky) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam

Umbreon (Frillish) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hex
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

I don't know how viable these would be, but they have some solid potential at least.

-It's Muffin Time ; PQ

-edited for readability, I'm at work so sorry for the half-decent formatting

Excadrill (Swirlix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Play Rough

Froslass (Pawniard) @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Tyrantrum (Ponyta) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Play Rough

Another edit: wondering if Zoruark is a useful evolution in this metagame. Unlike seeing a Zoruark in team preview, you don't know which of your opponent's Pokémon could be an Illusion.

Last edited:
Say hello to possibly the best Pokemon in Cross Evo that nobody talks about.

The Undertaker (Dusclops) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak

Gallade Dusclops is possibly the most terrifying behemoth to face against in Cross Evo. After a Swords Dance, Dusclops threatens to punch holes in the opposing team if not attempt a full-on sweep. It can take on weaker attacks with its absurd 70/160/190 bulk, even after using Close Combat, set up in their face, and proceed to snowball through the opponent's team with little impeding its progress. Its two powerful STAB moves, Close Combat and Poltergeist, are both nearly unresisted and strong enough to make any player bit scared to go up against unless they're running dedicated sets designed to wall it out. Drain Punch can instead be used over Close Combat to trade raw crushing power for additional longevity. Shadow Sneak is the secret key to Dusclops' success, as it not only bypasses its low speed and guarantees kills against foes that barely hang on, but turns it from a wallbreaker into a general sweeper against high-octane offense teams by sniping off their lower defenses before they get the chance to hit Dusclops for significant damage.

What makes Dusclops such a terror is how difficult it is to answer by conventional means. Lum Berry negates burn or other status attempts while removing its weakness to Poltergeist in the process, which is one of the only moves that's strong enough to break through its bulk. Inner Focus not only denies flinch hax as a makeshift solution, but now also makes it immune to Intimidate, meaning just running any Gyarados Pokemon isn't a fix-all answer for it. Physical walls or Unaware users cannot have a weakness to Ghost or FIghting, otherwise they'll easily be broken through, Finally, killing it before it runs rampant is much harder than it sounds, given its crazy natural bulk and Shadow Sneak coverage for frailer faster sweepers. Gallade Dusclops is a bizarrely difficult Pokemon to up and prevent and can take out entire teams on its own that don't run specific checks for it. All of this makes Dusclops, in my opinion, one of the absolute best Pokemon in Cross Evo, because unlike something like Scyther or Electabuzz where you can use generic stopgaps for them, you can't do that with Dusclops.

[...]
All of this makes Dusclops, in my opinion, one of the absolute best Pokemon in Cross Evo
Honestly, Dusclops's bulk makes it a TERRIFYING threat with any evolution. While it has a somewhat low HP, it has the second-highest Defense, and the highest Special Defense, of any NFE that is not Cosmoem.

However, due to its low base HP and speed, it isn't perfect. Giving it the Fighting type is good for it offensively, but gives it more weaknesses. If you want someone that gives it good buffs both offensively AND defensively, I would say look no further than Incineroar, or, if you want a different option, Tyranitar.

In fact, I would argue that Dusclops/T-tar is actually a solid example of a counter do your suggestion. Not only is it hit neutrally [used to say that it resisted, whoops] by your Ghost STAB while being immune to your Fighting STAB, but having access to Unnerve means that it can stop you from consuming your Lum Berry if it runs Will-o-Wisp. True, this set lacks the power of Swords Dance, but one Hone Claws could be what you need to make sure that your strong moves like Poltergeist or possibly Stone Edge are less likely to miss. The single weakness and three immunities of a Ghost/Dark threat like this could be useful, and multiple other moves are available to you.

I am not denying that Dusclops as a Pokémon is a solid threat in this meta, I just think you overestimate how effective the set you are running is.

Last edited:
Explored this mon a bit. Its good but I think you are overhyping it a bit.
+ of all of the NFEs to CE with Gallade, I think better options Exist.
Like Rhydon. Because 220 Atk STAB Eq is one of the most tried and true strategies known in Pokemon.

Explored this mon a bit. Its good but I think you are overhyping it a bit.
+ of all of the NFEs to CE with Gallade, I think better options Exist.
Like Rhydon. Because 220 Atk STAB Eq is one of the most tried and true strategies known in Pokemon.
To add on to this, and to my other post before, currently the only Ghost/Fighting Pokémon in the game is Marshadow. It is a threatening presence for three main reasons:

1) Ghost and fighting are two very solid offensive types
2) Its signature move breaks walls by stealing their stat increases
3) It is in a very solid speed tier, allowing it to use the above two to its advantage
Bonus: the Technician ability gives it boosted power on moves such as Shadow Sneak

Unfortunately, your set only has one of these four benefits. If you had a Pokémon that could use Dusclops' bulk, the Technician ability, and the moves Swords Dance and Mach Punch? THAT would be a threat. Two Technician-boosted priority moves with STAB would be really effective.

It's still a solid Pokémon, with good attack and bulk. But without any of these other traits, you aren't going to be as effective in the end.

I think Meteor Beam is a cool move with like zero good abusers in normal tiers so I've been trying to figure out the best user of it.
[…]
Quiver Dance has also been more effective for me than Nasty Plot, since after a Quiver Dance and Meteor Beam you'll be at +2 anyway.
Was scrolling through and found this post, and it got me thinking...
It think I may have found your Meteor Beam sweeper, thanks to the power of an effective Unburden: Accelgor (Archen).

Thanks to the Power Herb you go into turn 2 with a +1 Sp. Attack and a doubled Speed, plus the solid stats of Archen and the insane Speed increase from Accelgor. Add Roost to the mix and any other Special moves either of them has access to (Heat Wave, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Bug Buzz) and you have solid speed and power to overwhelm your foes.

Granted, it might pair better with Hitmonlee or Slurpuff for a Physical Unburden set, but I wanted to run with this concept to see what it gave me.

Also: do you miss not having Gligar in cross-evo and want a Ground-Flying type? Look no further than Butterfree (Rhyhorn)!

This Pokémon seems to have solid sets in both Physical and Special sides. Compound Eyes is already good for Hurricane, but Rhyhorn also has Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump in its toolset. It also helps on the physical side, as it give Rhyhorn a slight Attack boost as well, giving it a very accurate Stone Edge and Megahorn, and then Dual Wingbeat and Earthquake/Drill Run to finish the coverage. Plus, the access to good recovery in Giga Drain (for Assault Vest or Choice sets) or Roost allows some solid longevity. The huge Special Defense boost and the change of its secondary type from Rock to Flying really diversifies its options and makes it a solid surprise for your opponents.

[Edit: I forgot that Dragonite gives the Flying-type upon evolving as well, and defensively-speaking a Physical Multiscale option with Dragonite might be better. However, it does not give as much of a Special Defense boost as Butterfree does, so this option does still have some viability for Special or mixed sets.]

Last edited:
In preparation for June's OMotM, I have decided to compile together some resources which emphasize my thoughts on the metagame. Do note that these are unofficial resources that are not made by anyone on the council, so take their effectiveness with a grain of salt.

Viability Rankings:
S rank

:rhydon: Rhydon (Gallade, Scolipede, Salamence, Dragonite, Corviknight, Tsareena)

S- rank

:electabuzz: Electabuzz (Butterfree, Nidoking, Clefable, Gallade)
:scyther: Scyther (Excadrill, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Steelix)
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned

A+ rank

:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:magmar: Magmar (Gallade, Nidoking, Clefable)
:wailmer: Wailmer (Toxapex, Milotic, Quagsire)

A rank

:chansey: Chansey (Hatterene, Reuniclus, Clefable)
:doublade: Doublade (Dragonite, Reuniclus, Salamence, Gallade)
:farfetch Farfetch'd-Galar (Gyarados)
:kyogre: Kyogre
:porygon2: Porygon2 (Hatterene, Kommo-o, Nidoking, Clefable)
:vullaby: Vullaby (Gyarados, Persian-Alola)

A- rank

:eternatus: Eternatus
:haunter: Haunter (Butterfree, Gardevoir, Nidoking)
:kubfu: Kubfu (Gyarados)
:lunala: Lunala
:spritzee: Spritzee (Milotic)
:tangela: Tangela (Toxapex, Arcanine, Thievul, Vaporeon, Persian-Alola)

B+ rank

:dusclops: Dusclops (Clefable, Corviknight, Gallade)
:magneton: Magneton (Clefable, Hydreigon)
:mr-mime-galar: Mr. Mime-Galar (Nidoking)
:munchlax: Munchlax (Arcanine, Dragonite, Milotic)
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh

B rank

:archen: Archen (Gyarados)
:golbat: Golbat (Gallade, Butterfree)
:hippopotas: Hippopotas (Persian-Alola, Gyarados)
:klang: Klang (Gallade)
:sandshrew-alola: Sandshrew-Alola (Hitmontop)
:seadra: Seadra (Butterfree)
:slowpoke: Slowpoke (Gyarados, Arcanine)
:ponyta: Ponyta (Lycanroc-Dusk)

B- rank

:honedge: Honedge (Hitmontop)
:kadabra: Kadabra (Nidoking)
:mudbray: Mudbray (Arcanine)
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:omanyte: Omanyte (Swoobat)
:pawniard: Pawniard (Lycanroc-Dusk, Barbaracle)
:tentacool: Tentacool (Toxapex, Milotic)
:xerneas: Xerneas

C rank

:frillish: Frillish (Milotic)
:larvesta: Larvesta (Leafeon)
:porygon: Porygon (Toxtricity)
:onix: Onix (Vaporeon)

I decided to look at the ones that might raise a few eyebrows in the thread only. Some of the B / C ranks can simply be explained in a line or two, & therefore I just decided to do the S & A ranks for now.

:rhydon:

Rhydon, to me, is pretty strongly ahead of any other competitor, but not to the point where I would consider it to be nearly mandatory, something that Gligar!Gyarados could claim. Defensively, it is near enough the best wall in the metagame, with Salamence / Dragonite sets being able to take on some otherwise shockingly powerful threats like Magmar!Gallade, Zacian-Crowned, Gyarados!Farfetch'd-Galar, and Dragonite variants are even capable of taking on the infamous Munchlax!Arcanine sets. Gallade!Rhydon itself is an incredibly potent wallbreaker, even being able to beat common physical walls like Rhydon!Salamence and Wailmer!Milotic. Gallade inheritors also got an upgrade this generation, now being immune to Intimidate, making this Rhydon even harder to beat. Scolipede!Rhydon is also quite alike to Gallade, except its main difference is that it's an extremely powerful cleaner. The only problem with these sets tends to be that bulky waters, grasses, and Rhydon itself get in the way.

:zacian-crowned:

Zacian-C is still a very good mon, but in Cross Evolution, the likes of Rhydon, Scyther, Wailmer, and various other offensive / defensive threats actually kick Zacian-C down a notch to the point where it isn't really the single best mon in existence. Still a pretty strong tank regardless, but not on the level of Rhydon imo.

:electabuzz:

Electabuzz is honestly kinda broken, but that's because it abuses two unhealthy donors: Butterfree and Gallade, both of which catapult Electabuzz from being a decently powerful cross evolution to being one of the deadliest in the game, forcing respect to be made with its presence on the field. Electabuzz!Butterfree is exceptionally strong with its high Speed and Special Attack in addition to its access to Quiver Dance, giving Electabuzz the ability to sweep with ease. On top of this, it also grants a Flying typing and two great abilities in Compound Eyes and Tinted Lens, making it either more reliable with 3 attacks or giving it the ability to just straight up make people angry with Sleep Powder. Gallade variants also are extremely obnoxious to deal with, only really being beaten by certain Fairy or Psychic-types due to its solid speed tier (135) and excellent coverage. Even if some Psychic-types are decent pivots, they can also be beaten by Electabuzz!Gallades carrying Knock Off.

:scyther:

Scyther is not quite on the level of Rhydon but its sets are still both amazing. Scyther!Excadrill is effectively this metagame's Duskmane, being capable of checking a huge amount of otherwise deadly threats into a single slot, whilst also providing reliable Stealth Rock setting and being an excellent defensive pivot. But if Steel-types aren't your game, then Scyther!Urshifu-R might feel better for you. Scyther!Urshifu-R has an exceptionally anti-meta typing, being able to take on the majority of Ground types, even despite its Flying weakness, and alongside this, has a rather difficult to wall STAB in Surging Strikes, and when combined with Knock Off / U-turn, it can make answering Scyther!Urshifu-R a bit of a chore. Likewise to the rest of S rank, this demands attention in the builder.

A Ranks:

:calyrex-shadow:

Calyrex-Shadow is an exceptionally strong mon but I find it to just be slightly off the effectiveness of Zacian-Crowned and Electabuzz. Both of those mons are extremely threatening offensively, and like with Calyrex, demand a lot of attention in the builder, but Calyrex-Shadow's perpetual weakness to Knock Off as well as the addition of pivots like Wailmer, certain Milotic donors and Porygon2 kick it down a notch.

:wailmer:

Whenever I think of a wall in Cross Evolution, Wailmer is pretty much the immediate answer I would give. It has gargantuan bulk, good utility in either Knock Off or Flip Turn and overall is simply the best answer to some of the crazy offensive mons in the metagame like Kyogre and Calyrex-Shadow. Not a whole lot to say about Wailmer, you'd just have to believe me on this one.

:porygon2:

Porygon2 is an exceptional pivot / bulky setup user. All of its four sets are great at just being annoying tanks that are either capable of bouncing away hazards from even the best of setters (excluding Scyther), capable of being one of the few viable users of Clangorous Soul + Recover, making it an exceptionally powerful snowballing tool, or just being really frustrating with CM. Excellent blanket check to some of the better special attackers in the metagame too, like Calyrex-Shadow & most Nidoking / Clefable donors.

:vullaby:

Vullaby!Gyarados is actually exceptionally annoying. For a DD user, it is really slow, but between its excellent longevity, access to Knock Off, Brave Bird & Roost naturally, and solid overall metagame coverage, it ends up being a rather difficult Gyarados donor to stop. Even with Quagsire in the meta, its Brave Birds often do too much damage, and in regards to other checks, Weakness Policy variants will often get the boot versus it due to being unable to OHKO it. Solid mon.

:kubfu:

Kubfu's niche over Farfetch'd-Galar is a bit of a weird one, but put simply: I believe Kubfu to be the better sweeper, whilst Farfetch'd-Galar is the better wallbreaker. Kubfu's high Speed for a Fighting type, and ESPECIALLY a Gyarados user make it much easier for it to pull sweeps off, especially without Screens support, and its access to Acrobatics & Drain Punch allow it to stay alive for longer compared to other donors which may either have issues with dropping their item or may not have access to draining moves.

Sample Submissions:
DD Vullaby Screens
:porygon2: :rhydon: :magmar: :scyther: :munchlax: :vullaby:

I ended up playing around with Hyper Offense trying to find the next broken (that isn't Electabuzz) and ended up looking into Screens. Screens has quite a few upgraded setters that Ubers wishes it had: the best of which I found to be Porygon2!Hatterene, a Teleport user that also gets Magic Bounce from Hatterene, making it impossible to defog Screens away from the team. With this support in mind, I needed a Stealth Rock user, which then gave me the brilliant idea of both having a Stealth Rock user and a lategame cleaner in the same slot. Enter Rhydon!Scolipede, one of the most dangerous sweepers in the entire metagame, capable of cleaning up easily after the opposing Water / Grass types have been weakened. If desired, you can also fit Megahorn over Stealth Rock to snipe grasses like Tangela, making the path to sweep much easier vs certain resists. With that in mind, I needed an assisting wallbreaker for Ground resists, and Magmar!Gallade ended up fitting the role perfectly. As the team was getting a few too many Ground weaknesses, I aimed to make the team a little more resilient towards Grounds and Ground-type coverage, and so, I decided to run Scyther!Urshifu-R in the next slot. The last two mons were honestly just specially defensive filler / sweepers that could cheese matchups very easily, so not a whole lot to describe there except they beat Calyrex-Shadow.

Standard Balance
:rhydon: :porygon2: :wailmer: :scyther: :lunala: :zacian-crowned:

Pretty standard balance built around Rhydon!Salamence when I was theorymonning counterplay to Zacian-Crowned. Salamence!Rhydon is actually a very interesting mon with a lot of different ways to use it - there's defensive SR, defog, SD, bulky DD and offensive DD, and in this case I went with bulky DD, given that the meta was fairly new and bulky waters aside from Scyther!Urshifu-R hadn't really materialized yet. The Porygon2 on this build supports this by punishing attempts at trying to status, and is the Calyrex-Shadow check, the same way Rhydon is the Zacian-Crowned check - both end up beating brokens for eachother. Porygon2 also helps with hazard control and helps keep the team healthy. To divert pressure from these two Pokemon and not overload the defensive core, Wailmer was picked as a pivot between these two, an answer to Calyrex-Shadow, which Porygon2 cannot do alone, and an answer to Magmar!Gallade and other Rhydons. Scyther helps patch up the matchups to Zacian-Crowned more miscellaneous breakers, particularly Psychic types, and helps set Stealth Rock exceedingly well. Lunala was chosen to help pivot around Kyogre and Rhydon!Gallade, something Wailmer is tasked with doing, but cannot do alone. It also happens to be one of the better Gyarados donor walls, being able to deal with nearly every Gyarados user except for Vullaby, which Zacian-Crowned otherwise walls without Knock Off. Zacian-Crowned was chosen as the final member to help with speed control and provide a solid early-game wallbreaker.

This is all for now. Please consider banning Butterfree and Gallade as donors - I think these two are easily the biggest issues with Cross Evolution right now.

Last edited:
Nice VR ranking. I'd like to lobby for Piloswine to be added (especially *Tsareena and Gallade). Both variants are tremendously powerful with very good mixed bulk and excellent STAB combos that differentiate them from Rhydon. Piloswine is an excellent Trick Room smasher in particular (especially with Tsareena imo), with TR being a solid playstyle in this meta. As a general wallbreaker it can also put in a lot of work. Since it has a more exploitable typing than Rhydon, it isn't quite as splashable outside TR, but its sheer power, excellent STABs, and good defenses lead me to give a B+ nomination.

Also, Munchlax * Lurantis might be worth slotting. It was another powerful TR sweeper that excels at being able to stay in and continue putting in work even after TR runs out, thanks to those Superpower defense boosts next to that gargantuan SpDef.

Chazm Thanks for mentioning the June OMotM, been awfully busy this term but I've been working on a set compendium on/off. Hopefully should have a very preliminary one up by Monday, and once there's more discussion on this particular VR I'll be working to move most of the available resources into the reserved posts. I don't think it's especially likely that Cross Evolution wins, but in any case, Cross Evolution resources are long overdue at this point.

As promised, the set compendium I have currently. Given that this is not yet in a totally complete state, I'm not putting it in the reserved sections yet. I'd hope for more discussion regarding it before going ahead with that.

I think there needs to be more discussion on the VR as well before they are ranked properly, so for now this will be organized alphabetically.

Abra​

:Froslass:

Froslass (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Anorith​

:Cloyster:

Cloyster (Anorith) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Knock Off
- Shell Smash

Archen​

:Gyarados:

Gyarados (Archen) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
:Hitmonlee:

Hitmonlee (Archen) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
:Hitmontop:

Hitmontop (Archen) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Rock Blast
- Triple Axel
- Earthquake

Calyrex-Shadow​

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Specs
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Trick

Carvanha​

:Toxtricity:

Toxtricity (Carvanha) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Bite

Hitmontop (Carvanha) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Bite
- Triple Axel
- Flip Turn
:Boltund:

Boltund (Carvanha) @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Flip Turn
- Thunder Fang
- Psychic Fangs
:Lycanroc-Dusk:

Lycanroc-Dusk (Carvanha) @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Flip Turn
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
:Araquanid:

Araquanid (Carvanha) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Chansey​

:Clefable:

Clefable (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss / Knock Off
- Wish / Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
:Hatterene:

Hatterene (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle / Stealth Rock / Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
:Tsareena:

Tsareena (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin / Seismic Toss / Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport / U-Turn
:Krookodile:

Krookodile (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss / Knock Off / Foul Play
- Wish / Stealth Rock / Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport
:Reuniclus:

Reuniclus (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish / Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Cutiefly​

:Espeon:

Espeon (Cutiefly) @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Psyshock

Darumaka​

:Escavalier:

Escavalier (Darumaka) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Gyro Ball
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Lycanroc-Dusk (Darumaka) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- U-turn

Doublade​

:Dragonite:

Dragonite (Doublade) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Dual Wingbeat
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Dragonite (Doublade) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roar
- Toxic
- Roost
:Flygon:

Flygon (Doublade) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Flygon (Doublade) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Reuniclus (Doublade) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch / Close Combat / Drain Punch

Drakloak​

:Butterfree:

Butterfree (Drakloak) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
:Gallade:

Gallade (Drakloak) @ Black Belt / Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Dusclops​

Clefable (Dusclops) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Gallade (Dusclops) @ Choice Band
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch

Gallade (Dusclops) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
:Gardevoir:

Gardevoir (Dusclops) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Teleport

Electabuzz​

Butterfree (Electabuzz) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Butterfree (Electabuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Gallade (Electabuzz) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge / Ice Punch
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
:Nidoking:

Nidoking (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch

Eternatus​

Eternatus @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Recover
Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Ferroseed​

:Arcanine:

Arcanine (Ferroseed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Morning Sun
:Sylveon:

Sylveon (Ferroseed) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Spikes
- Wish
- Protect

Farfetch'd-Galar​

Escavalier (Farfetch’d-Galar) @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Gyarados (Farfetch’d-Galar) @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Dragon Dance / Knock Off
- Substitute

Fraxure​

Gallade (Fraxure) @ Black Belt / Lum Berry / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Frillish​

:Accelgor:

Accelgor (Frillish) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Gastly​

:Crawdaunt:

Crawdaunt (Gastly) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
:Jolteon:

Jolteon (Gastly) @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

Golbat​

Gallade (Golbat) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Butterfree (Golbat) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Sludge Bomb
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance

Haunter​

Butterfree (Haunter) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Shadow Ball / Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Hypnosis

Gardevoir (Haunter) @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

Nidoking (Haunter) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
:Porygon-Z:

Porygon-Z (Haunter) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
:Togekiss:

Togekiss (Haunter) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Helioptile​

Toxtricity (Helioptile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Surf
- U-turn

Hippopotas​

Gyarados (Hippopotas) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
:Quagsire:

Quagsire (Hippopotas) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover
- Whirlwind
:Persian-Alola:

Persian-Alola (Hippopotas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Foul Play
- Slack Off
- Parting Shot

Ho-Oh​

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost

Honedge​

Hitmontop (Honedge) @ Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance / Close Combat
:Vespiquen:

Vespiquen (Honedge) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost

Kadabra​

Butterfree (Kadabra) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes / Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Quiver Dance
- Taunt / Energy Ball

Nidoking (Kadabra) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Klang​

Gallade (Klang) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Ice Punch

Reuniclus (Klang) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gear Grind
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Infestation

Krabby​

:Barraskewda:

Barraskewda (Krabby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
:Darmanitan:

Darmanitan (Krabby) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
:Drednaw:

Drednaw (Krabby) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Lycanroc-Dusk (Krabby) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Accelerock

Kubfu​

:Barraskewda:

Barraskewda (Kubfu) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Flip Turn

Gyarados (Kubfu) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Acrobatics
- Dragon Dance

Kyogre​

Kyogre @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest / Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Lairon​

Dragonite (Lairon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
:Corviknight:

Corviknight (Lairon) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn / Toxic

Larvesta​

:Leafeon:

Leafeon (Larvesta) @ Charcoal / Miracle Seed / Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Solar Blade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Lileep​

:Hippowdon:

Hippowdon (Lileep) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
:Pelipper:

Pelipper (Lileep) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
:Sylveon:

Sylveon (Lileep) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain / Wish / Toxic
- Recover

Lunala​

Lunala @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shadow Shield
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Moongeist Beam
- Roost

Magmar​

Butterfree (Magmar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Focus Blast

Gallade (Magmar) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Nidoking (Magmar) @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Magneton​

Butterfree (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

Clefable (Magneton) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Fire Blast

Flygon (Magneton) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost
:Hydreigon:

Hydreigon (Magneton) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Volt Switch

Mr. Mime-Galar​

Gallade (Mr. Mime-Galar) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Nidoking (Mr. Mime-Galar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Munchlax​

Arcanine (Munchlax) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Quagsire (Munchlax) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
:Toxapex:

Toxapex (Munchlax) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Haze
:Milotic:

Milotic (Munchlax) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Recover
- Toxic / Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Coil
:Avalugg:

Avalugg (Munchlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Omanyte​

Espeon (Omanyte) @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Shell Smash
:Swoobat:

Swoobat (Omanyte) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Shell Smash

Onix​

:Vaporeon:

Vaporeon (Onix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scorching Sands
- Flip Turn
- Wish
- Protect

Pawniard​

:Barbaracle:

Barbaracle (Pawniard) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Shell Smash

Boltund (Pawniard) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang / Volt Switch

Lycanroc-Dusk (Pawniard) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Piloswine​

Gallade (Piloswine) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock / Icicle Crash
:Scolipede:

Scolipede (Piloswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Ponyta​

Hitmonlee (Ponyta) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Jump Kick
- Double-Edge

Lycanroc-Dusk (Ponyta) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower
- Sucker Punch

Ponyta-Galar​

Boltund (Ponyta-Galar) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- High Horsepower
- Fire Fang
- Wild Charge

Porygon​

:Noivern:

Noivern (Porygon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Toxtricity (Porygon) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Toxtricity (Porygon) @ Throat Spray
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Ice Beam
- Agility

Porygon2​

:Garchomp:

Garchomp (Porygon2) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack / Ice Beam
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport / Toxic

Gardevoir (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
:Kommo-o:

Kommo-o (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Gentle Nature
- Boomburst
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
:Kommo-o:

Kommo-o (Porygon2) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Krookodile (Porygon2) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock / Toxic
- Recover
- Teleport

Reuniclus (Porygon2) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Infestation / Ice Beam

Pumpkaboo-Super​

Avalugg (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Escavalier (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Poltergeist
- Close Combat

Persian-Alola (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp

Raboot​

Gallade (Raboot) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Rhydon​

Corviknight (Rhydon) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog / U-Turn

Dragonite (Rhydon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Roost
- Defog

Gallade (Rhydon) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Gallade (Rhydon) @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 180 Atk / 68 Def / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Gallade (Rhydon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
:Hatterene:

Hatterene (Rhydon) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Nuzzle
- Stealth Rock
:Incineroar:

Incineroar (Rhydon) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Parting Shot
:Salamence:

Salamence (Rhydon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
:Scolipede:

Scolipede (Rhydon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Rhyhorn​

Lycanroc-Dusk (Rhyhorn) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Sandshrew-Alola​

Hitmontop (Sandshrew-Alola) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Close Combat
- Ice Shard
- Bullet Punch

Scraggy​

Lycanroc-Dusk (Scraggy) @ Black Belt / Lum Berry / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance

Scyther​

:Crawdaunt:

Crawdaunt (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Crunch
- Close Combat
:Excadrill:

Excadrill (Scyther) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
:Excadrill:

Excadrill (Scyther) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Gyarados (Scyther) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Hitmontop (Scyther) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
:Slowking-Galar:

Slowking-Galar (Scyther) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- U-turn
:Steelix:

Steelix (Scyther) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Seadra​

Butterfree (Seadra) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Quiver Dance

Sinistea​

Espeon (Sinistea) @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Shell Smash
:Swoobat:

Swoobat (Sinistea) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave
- Shell Smash

Sliggoo​

Clefable (Sliggoo) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Haze

Corviknight (Sliggoo) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Stealth Rock / Rock Slide
- Roost
- Defog

Slowpoke​

Avalugg (Slowpoke) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Teleport

Hitmontop (Slowpoke) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Gyarados (Slowpoke) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Spritzee​

Milotic (Spritzee) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Toxapex (Spritzee) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Haze

Swirlix​

Hitmonlee (Swirlix) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Tangela​

Arcanine (Tangela) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Persian-Alola (Tangela) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Parting Shot
- Synthesis

Quagsire (Tangela) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Recover
:Vaporeon:

Vaporeon (Tangela) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Wish
- Protect
:Thievul:

Thievul (Tangela) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stakeout
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Parting Shot

Toxapex (Tangela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Recover

Tentacool​

Milotic (Tentacool) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex (Tentacool) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze
:Umbreon:

Umbreon (Tentacool) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic / Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Protect

Togetic​

Corviknight (Togetic) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon / Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog / Toxic
- Roost

Krookodile (Togetic) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog
- Roost

Torracat​

Gallade (Torracat) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn / Parting Shot

Tyrunt​

Lycanroc-Dusk (Tyrunt) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Vullaby​

Avalugg (Vullaby) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play
- Recover
- U-turn

Gyarados (Vullaby) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird / Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Hitmontop (Vullaby) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Toxic / Rapid Spin

Persian-Alola (Vullaby) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Wartortle​

Corviknight (Wartortle) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Flip Turn
- Roost
- Rapid Spin / Toxic

Gallade (Wartortle) @ Black Belt / White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Shell Smash

Reuniclus (Wartortle) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Zacian-Crowned​

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Behemoth Blade
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Hi all. Looking at the above, and seeing all of the incredible things that are possible in this game mode, brings me to propose an idea. Scyther, Milotic and Gyarados have been mentioned before as being ban-worthy. Looking at Scyther/Gyarados evolution combo, I can see why. It has the second highest possible Attack stat in the game (beaten only by Archen/Gyarados) and a whopping 840 BST. This is, in my opinion, ABSURD. The highest BST in regular play is crowned Zacian and Zamazenta, and their 720 BST seems small in comparison.

Thus, my proposal: I see that in previous generations, the Cross Evolution banned any stat from going above 255, or going below 1. This was changed to create a cap for the stat instead. Since the system can check these stats and create a cap limit to not exceed the maximum, my suggestion is as such: CAP the BST at 750, preventing any potential evolution that exceeds this limit to be allowed.

So you are probably wondering "why 750? You mentioned above that the highest BST in the game is 720"
...and you would be correct. However, putting the cap at 750 seems like the correct call to me because it only prevents the following evolutions:

Scyther/Gyarados or Scyther/Milotic (BST 840)
Tangela/Gyarados or Tangela/Milotic (BST 775)
Poipole/Gyarados or Poipole/Milotic (BST 760)

and that's it. Excluding base Pokémon and evolutions that are already banned, the next highest would be Ponyta/Gyarados or Ponyta/Milotic, with EXACTLY 750 BST, and the offensive threat that is Rhydon/Gallade is only a BST of 725. There are several possible evolutions using Scyther/Tangela/Poipole as a base or Gyarados/Milotic as an evolution that would have a BST between 600 and 750, still being very effective Pokémon for this meta. However, for the suggestion of balance, and the potential of a safe cap in case a new batch of DLC comes out, this solution could be an effective answer.

and heck if you wanted to make the cap 770 instead to protect Poipole from obscurity that's probably fine too

Last edited:
Hi all. Looking at the above, and seeing all of the incredible things that are possible in this game mode, brings me to propose an idea. Scyther, Milotic and Gyarados have been mentioned before as being ban-worthy. Looking at Scyther/Gyarados evolution combo, I can see why. It has the second highest possible Attack stat in the game (beaten only by Archen/Gyarados) and a whopping 840 BST. This is, in my opinion, ABSURD. The highest BST in regular play is crowned Zacian and Zamazenta, and their 720 BST seems small in comparison.

Thus, my proposal: I see that in previous generations, the Cross Evolution banned any stat from going above 255, or going below 1. This was changed to create a cap for the stat instead. Since the system can check these stats and create a cap limit to not exceed the maximum, my suggestion is as such: CAP the BST at 750, preventing any potential evolution that exceeds this limit to be allowed.

So you are probably wondering "why 750? You mentioned above that the highest BST in the game is 720"
...and you would be correct. However, putting the cap at 750 seems like the correct call to me because it only prevents the following evolutions:

and that's it. Excluding base Pokémon and evolutions that are already banned, the next highest would be Ponyta/Gyarados or Ponyta/Milotic, with EXACTLY 750 BST, and the offensive threat that is Rhydon/Gallade is only a BST of 725. There are several possible evolutions using Scyther/Tangela/Poipole as a base or Gyarados/Milotic as an evolution that would have a BST between 600 and 750, still being very effective Pokémon for this meta. However, for the suggestion of balance, and the potential of a safe cap in case a new batch of DLC comes out (and hey, maybe this rule could allow some unbanning if this parameter stays), this solution could be an effective answer.

and heck if you wanted to make the cap 770 instead to protect Poipole from obscurity that's probably fine too
But none of those mons are banworthy though? And even if they were, banning mons over an arbitrary bst is far less sensible than banning the broken base / evo.
Having higher bst does, generally speaking, make a mon better but it’s far from the only (or even the most important) factor. Each of stat distribution, typing, movepool, and ability all have approximately equal or greater importance as bst.

Posted this in the creative sets thread. Just some crosses I think are actually pretty neat. All of them tend to be defensive.

Hatterene (Rhydon) @ Rocky Helmet

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Nuzzle
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Incineroar (Porygon2) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Rocky Helmet

Bold Nature
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Tri Attack/Will-O-Wisp

Incineroar (Chansey) (F) @ Leftovers/Heavy-Duty Boots

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Wish
- Heal Bell/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
- Seismic Toss/Fake Out/Knock Off

Buttefree (Electabuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Tinted Lens/Compound Eyes
Calm Nature
- Defog/Sleep Powder/Zap Cannon*
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave/Focus Blast

Butterfree (Doublade) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Tinted Lens
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn/Defog
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

:ss/Piloswine::Tsareena:
Tsareena (Piloswine) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash/Triple Axel
- Knock Off/Power Whip/High Jump Kick/Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
Stats: 120/180/130/70/110/60

I really love this Piloswine set, which I use under Trick Room. I actually think its better than Piloswine*Gallade, because it gets to keep its great STAB combo and its priority is phenomenal. Seriously. Thanks to Queenly Majesty, its Ice Shard cannot be outsped by opposing priority no matter how fast the user, making it extremely reliable at picking off weakened threats in the turn after TR runs out or just as a revenge killer. Pick your choice of Ice Stab from Pilo or Tsar. The third move is usually coverage from Tsareena's movepool. I tend to use Knock Off for its great neutral coverage and utility, but Power Whip is good for slamming bulky Waters, while High Jump Kick/Superpower/Low Kick is mostly for levitating Steels. Alternatively you could run Swords Dance to make it really smash things, but I usually don't have time for it under TR. But it's bulky enough that you can certainly use SD sets outside of Trick Room against defensive teams. I definitely think this is a viable variant for the VR.

:ss/Swirlix::Gyarados:
Gyarados (Swirlix) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Sticky Web/Wish
- Taunt/Protect
Stats: 137/163/90/104/137/50
Also, a really fun Swirlix set for defensive teams. This thing is surprisingly sturdy and hard to kill, and provides excellent team support, yet it packs very respectable damage thanks to its attack stat.

Finally, one major Pokemon that is currently missing from the VR is Wailmer, most importantly Wailmer*Toxapex, but there may be some other variants I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Adding another crossevo that I love, who I use on almost all my defensive and bulky offensive teams:
:ss/Lickitung::Vaporeon:
Vaporeon (Lickitung) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Flip Turn
- Protect
Stats: 165/65/85/125/105/40
This is by far my favorite wishpasser that I have found in crossevo thus far. It's incredibly slow and its Wishes are huge, with additional team support from its decently powered Scalds. It is this combination that sets it apart from Onix*Vaporeon and other Vaporeon evolutions. Onix can only pick two out of Scald, Wish, and Flip Turn, whereas Lickitung's native access to Wish allows it to run all three. Also its Wishes are way bigger.
:Lickitung::Toxtricity:
Stats: 125/115/110/120/110/65
Lickitung*Toxtricity is a more offensive variation on this set, still able to Wishpass using Volt Switch, but with the added benefit of STAB Punk Rock Boomburst, which is very powerful even with no investment. While this set is certainly a solid option, I generally find that the greater defensive utility of a Water typing and the greater difficulty of blocking Flip Turn compared to Volt Switch makes the Vaporeon variant more consistent.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I watched a battle of this and all I could really think of how random this metagame is. You genuinely don't know what your opponent's Pokemon really are like Random Battles. I would consider making all nicknames identifiable at team preview, to make this tier more competitive.

Last edited:
I watched a battle of this and all I could really think of how random this metagame is. You genuinely don't know what your opponent's Pokemon really are like Random Battles. I would consider making all nicknames identifiable at team preview, to make this tier more competitive.
It's an interesting idea, although I think the more you play the metagame, team preview becomes more useful. A big part of it is knowing the viable evolutions of individual Pokemon and the common evolutions/roles they use/play on certain archetypes, and this is, unfortunately, something that can only come with experience as the metagame inherently has a lot of variety compared to other OMs. I do invite more discussion on this since this is something that has come up before.

Last edited:
There is still a bug with Illusion, I found out. It makes it unplayable, tbh. More confusing that it already is. It apparently shows a seventh mon AND the mon that has Illusion can't be seen when it's on the field (at least I can't and I use it.)
About the nicknames on preview... I'm not opposed, but not sold on it either. It could almost set up a precedent for other metas (or maybe no.) It would be cool to not lose to random stuff, I guess.

Its been a while since I last played Cross Evo. Personally, this didn't happen to me to much due to some of my prior experience with Cross Evo Theorymoning and my experience playing Super Staff Bros.

I feel this change would greatly help new player experience, and decrease the potential randomness factor you brought up.
But on the other hand, I like not having full information of the opponents team. It rewards player experience and opens the door to potential mind games. That is def a part of the competitive experience that is unique to this format. And part of the competitive experience is not having full knowledge of the opponents team. However, I mainly play Staff Bros these days and that's a random battle format so im biased.

The main reason Im making a post is that with Brilliant Diamond coming out, Gliscor is coming back and that made me remember the good old days of Gligar as a base mon in Cross Evo. Oh GliGyara (gligar evo into gyarados), how I hated and love thee.

140/190/129/80/145/86 + Intimidate. Run a std gligar moveset, slap leftovers or Rocky Helmet and go to town. Created some of my go to defensive cores (like GliGyara paired with Wailmer x Pex or Chinchou x Milotic). Ice coverage was mandatory on teams and some gligar evo into Hariyama just for Thick Fat despite Hariyama giving worse stats.

Last edited:
honestly not too big of an issue considering how for every stupid off-hand set you can pull out, there's no telling what stupid bulky counter your opp just has sitting in the back - and when you really get down to minmaxing defense or offense you'll find the meta is a bit more predictable than the mechanics let on

and that's it. Excluding base Pokémon and evolutions that are already banned, the next highest would be Ponyta/Gyarados or Ponyta/Milotic, with EXACTLY 750 BST, and the offensive threat that is Rhydon/Gallade is only a BST of 725. There are several possible evolutions using Scyther/Tangela/Poipole as a base or Gyarados/Milotic as an evolution that would have a BST between 600 and 750, still being very effective Pokémon for this meta. However, for the suggestion of balance, and the potential of a safe cap in case a new batch of DLC comes out, this solution could be an effective answer.

Fwiw Scyther into Toxtricity is 760 BST
(105/170/115/115/115/140). Keeps technician as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)