Resource Forum Rules and Reservation Index

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
May i take a snag at Manipulating natures on gen 1 / gen 2 VGC?

ive done alot of research on this and since no one has made an article on it, i thought i can do it. hell ive manipulated natures alot so i can have the specific move and HA in my own ds.
Approved.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I offer my best greetings! Nexus reminded me that this existed.
Since I'm already working on a Festival Plaza article for TFP, I figured I'd take care of this one as well, while I'm "already on the topic", if you will.

Let me know what you think!
I can't view your other article, but sounds good to me! Assuming your angle, you could discuss mechanics more in-depth than your TFP article to make it different, but we can discuss if you'd like.

Relevant OI threads I could find: SM & USUM

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can't view your other article, but sounds good to me! Assuming your angle, you could discuss mechanics more in-depth than your TFP article to make it different, but we can discuss if you'd like.

Relevant OI threads I could find: SM & USUM
Yes, the TFP article is strictly about what GF could've done better to improve it, targeted at readers that are, for the most part, already familiar with it.
In the one I'm currently reserving here I was planning on writing a complete guide on how it works in the actual games: the booths, the coins, the castle, the level ups, the missions, the Battle Agency etc, aimed at readers that might still be new to Gen 7 for example. I already have a draft in mind and I'll get started as soon as I receive the approval!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Yes, the TFP article is strictly about what GF could've done better to improve it, targeted at readers that are, for the most part, already familiar with it.
In the one I'm currently reserving here I was planning on writing a complete guide on how it works in the actual games: the booths, the coins, the castle, the level ups, the missions, the Battle Agency etc, aimed at readers that might still be new to Gen 7 for example. I already have a draft in mind and I'll get started as soon as I receive the approval!
Sounds good! Go for it. Thanks :)

Hi! I've been playing a lot of Random Battles lately because I've been off the grid sice Gen 6 but wanting to give a try to the New Gen since I realli disliked gen 7. I started playing with a friend and first we go even and now I just win 9/10 times I would like to make an article of how Random Bats and Metagames rely heavily on fundamentals (recognizing win and lose conditions, scouting, role assignment, keeping momentum, reads, etc) and how fundamentals will help players transition into the new game.

I've recently got into the Top 500 in Random Battles and also won a Gen 5 RandomBattle Tournament in the RoA Tour Nights (i´ve been busy lately tho) so you can see I know what I am talking about.

I know people are mostly focused now on Gen 8 things, but this will be a good all rounder article since you need knowledge of Pokemo basics rather of a specific Gen or tier.

Tournament here: RoA BW Friday #174

Proof of Ladder
1573080293034.png

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
(recognizing win and lose conditions, scouting, role assignment, keeping momentum, reads, etc) and how fundamentals will help players transition into the new game.

I know people are mostly focused now on Gen 8 things, but this will be a good all rounder article since you need knowledge of Pokemo basics rather of a specific Gen or tier.
Sorry for a delayed response. I think a "battling basics" article, if you will, could be a good resource. Ideally, it should be as generic as possible rather than a "how to randbats" article, tho pulling some examples from it or another meta is certainly fine (I can see how randbats would be a good illustration). Sounds like that may have been your intent to begin with anyway. But yeah, assuming all that sounds good no objections here.

Sorry for a delayed response. I think a "battling basics" article, if you will, could be a good resource. Ideally, it should be as generic as possible rather than a "how to randbats" article, tho pulling some examples from it or another meta is certainly fine (I can see how randbats would be a good illustration). Sounds like that may have been your intent to begin with anyway. But yeah, assuming all that sounds good no objections here.
Np about the delayed response, I understand people are busy.

Ok, changing the subject to battle basics sounds way better and keeping it generic to keep it relevant for all metas. Starting later tonight!

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Gen 8 is finally here (for some people anyway), so a new gen means new reservations for articles! Here are a few ideas to get people started:

Sword/Shield
- TM Locations
- Tips and Tricks
- Chaining
- Raid Battles
- Pokemon Camp
- Poke Jobs
- In-game tier lists
- EV Training
- Breeding update: Already have a guide here, which covers most of it.
- Shiny hunting

This is obviously not an exhaustive list and mostly draws from previous articles, so if you have an idea feel free to post.

yeah it's a bit early since they just came out, but I wanted to get it out of the way :P

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I can do TM Locations, would need to start a fresh save/game to gather pictures however. Would TRs be relevant to do in any capacity as well?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I can do TM Locations, would need to start a fresh save/game to gather pictures however. Would TRs be relevant to do in any capacity as well?
Awesome, thanks. Yeah, TRs would definitely be relevant (forgot about that when I posted the list). I think for those at least the trader locations would be good (and neat if we could get pics of those). Raid drops would certainly be relevant, but that technically could be covered elsewhere. If it's easy to include sure why not, but at least the traders would be nice.

I was thinking about a Pokedex completion Guide. The guide wouldn't cover how to get all 400 Pokemon in detail since for most Pokemon there are multiple methods of registering them and there's no objectively better way of getting them. It will be more about making a plan to complete the dex more efficiently like categorizing some of the Pokemon and going over some of the ones that can be a bit challenging to get.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I was thinking about a Pokedex completion Guide. The guide wouldn't cover how to get all 400 Pokemon in detail since for most Pokemon there are multiple methods of registering them and there's no objectively better way of getting them. It will be more about making a plan to complete the dex more efficiently like categorizing some of the Pokemon and going over some of the ones that can be a bit challenging to get.
Yeah, sounds good. Some new evos are especially tricky for example. I'd try to avoid having just a list of locales, but sounds like you were planning on going into more depth than that anyway (i.e. tips and tricks if you will). Thanks!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Post it up in OI and everyone will help contribute to that one no problems if you need it. For these, I like having them be really clear with the directions, because our TM location lists are better than anyone elses cause of that

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi I would like to give a shot at the Technical Machines (TM) for sword and shield. I’ve been taking images of the locations of the TMs. If given permission I’d be happy to get started on it whenever.
p.s. also maybe would having a quick video/clip on the exact location be a good idea? (I do see there is a WIP by kalalokki)

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hi I would like to give a shot at the Technical Machines (TM) for sword and shield. I’ve been taking images of the locations of the TMs. If given permission I’d be happy to get started on it whenever.
p.s. also maybe would having a quick video/clip on the exact location be a good idea? (I do see there is a WIP by kalalokki)
Thoughts on this Kalalokki DHR-107 (iirc you had a run going and were helping kala with the images)?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Thoughts on this Kalalokki DHR-107 (iirc you had a run going and were helping kala with the images)?
Well, I've done most of the brunt work with getting images and such, would just need to write out the descriptions so far which has held me back for bad reasons. If they'd be willing to do said writeups I can give the OP to them to edit and then we could prob have the article out p fast. I don't think videos would work that well integrated on the site though.

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
Well, I've done most of the brunt work with getting images and such, would just need to write out the descriptions so far which has held me back for bad reasons. If they'd be willing to do said writeups I can give the OP to them to edit and then we could prob have the article out p fast. I don't think videos would work that well integrated on the site though.
Ah okay just thought it might be an idea but I understand. I’d be happy to do that! Kalalokki

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Agreed, thanks. Your call then Light Sanctity. If that's something you're interested in I'm cool.

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
I have an idea that might work but I am not too sure if it would be useful. My idea is that maybe someone could show the locations of the various battle items that are scattered around the Galar region? Not too sure if it qualities as a guide per se, but just a thought. As when I first played I was not aware that you could find items like the Assault Vest in the overworld.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I have an idea that might work but I am not too sure if it would be useful. My idea is that maybe someone could show the locations of the various battle items that are scattered around the Galar region? Not too sure if it qualities as a guide per se, but just a thought. As when I first played I was not aware that you could find items like the Assault Vest in the overworld.
In the past, this was covered by our Tips and Tricks guides so the idea isn't that farfetch'd. See Gen 7 for example. If something similar wanted to be done with Gen 8 I don't really have a problem with that. We'd just need to be mindful about overlap with MO's T&T guide for Gen 8.

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
In the past, this was covered by our Tips and Tricks guides so the idea isn't that farfetch'd. See Gen 7 for example. If something similar wanted to be done with Gen 8 I don't really have a problem with that. We'd just need to be mindful about overlap with MO's T&T guide for Gen 8.
Understood I may wait and see what MO’s guide does and go from there. shiny finder you know what I will actually do that! I’ll keep checking with Max. Optimizer’s T&T Guide to prevent overlaps.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd express an interest in collaborating on the Raid Battles guide (assuming that heading means how to plus tips & tricks). Have a save that's pre 1st gym so should be able to help out with screenshots of raid scalability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)