Gen 7 OM Competitive Discussion

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Oh my. Those new mons made me want to build Mix and Mega sets. (for all Ultra Beasts, Wishiwashi and Marshadow)
Sorry if this time i don't explain everything.

Wishiwashi @ Cameruptite
Quiet Nature
EVs: 255 HP / 252 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- U-Turn / Substitute

Since Wishiwashi's movepool is meh, running a mixed set seems to be a good idea.
The good thing with Wishiwashi is that you start the battle in school form, and the mega evolution keep your form.
So, you keep your awesome stats, no matter if you lose more that 75% of your HP.
A fully physical Altarianite set looks awesome too. (Aqua Tail, Facade / Frustration, Earthquake and U-Turn / Substitute)
I just hope this won't glitch like Aegislash. :(

Guzzlord @ Aggronite
Adamant / Brave Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- filler

Ohhhh, look at this HP stat. It's a better Wailord... with a worse typing.
Since this thing is weak to Pixispeed, Aggronite seems to be the best for it. Bonus : You got an Heavy Slam with 923 kg.
Pinsirite and Red Orb are also good for this.

Nihilego @ Ampharosite
Bold Nature
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Def
- Clear Smog
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Spikes
- filler

Well... I was thinking about Latiasite, but it's just a worse Heatran.
Latiasite Nihilego check Salamencite Lando and resists -Atespeeds, but Heatran do it too. So...
The best niche for this is as a hazard setter, but once again, it's outclassed. I don't really know what to do about that thing.

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
- Leech Life
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Oh my god, Leech Life is now awesome.
The problem here is that if you run a Blazikenite set, you're weak to -Atespeeds. And if you run Aggronite, you're weak to Flare Blitz and Sacred Fire. Maybe your opponent will switch for Entei or Arcanine when it sees you. Now, just use Substitute and then Stone Edge things.

Necrozma @ Red Orb
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
- Moonlight / Morning Sun
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fire

This thing has a very strange moveset. And... well.
Since pure psychic type is meh, i choosed to give it a Red Orb.
I don't really care, but i did play that moveset on a Musharna, and it worked well as a counter to Keldeo, Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

Marshadow @ Aerodactylite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Pursuit
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Substitute

I love Marshadow. Ghost + Fighting is the perfect coverage. Spectral Thief is awesome against setup sweepers. Close Combat for damages, Pursuit for trapping and Substitute for Will-O-Wisp and resist an Extremespeed if you predict a swich for an -Atespeed user. Copycat + Banettite is also a decent option.

Celesteela @ Ampharosite
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
- Leech Seed
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- filler

Celesteela @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Autotomize
- Earthquake
- Filler

Or simply :
Celesteela @ filler
Filler nature
EVs: 252 filler / 252 filler
- filler
- filler
- filler
- filler

This thing has so many good moves that i don't really know what to play.
Celesteela is basically good for everything.

Pheromosa @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Feint
- Frustration
- U-Turn
- High Jump Kick

Pheromosa is basically a worse Deoxys-A. If Pheromosa will be monstrous in OU, in Mix and Mega, it's not the same thing. Remember : Extremespeed everywhere. Hopefully, Pheromosa gets Feint and a good attack stat. You can revenge kill some weakened Extremespeed users, now.

Now, let's talk about deadly monsters.

Kartana @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Frustration
- Substitute / Night Slash / Swords Dance

It's good typing make it resists Pixispeed and take neutral damage to Aerispeed. It has good enough physical defense to resist at least one Aerispeed. That being said, it's special defense in awful. Still awesome.

Xurkitree @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
- Thunder
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power Ice / Dazzling Gleam

Pidgeotite Xurkitree. The Pokemon with 238 base SpA + Tail Glow.
After a Tail Glow, you have a deadly 1280 SpA... Have fun !
You can also run a Banettite set with Nature Power and Electric Terrain.

Yup, that's all.

Last edited:
No one talks about Tapu Koko? K... I posted this in tapu Koko thread but no one seem to care for OMs so I'll repost it here. Possible sets for Tapu Koko.

Almost Any Ability:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Hasty Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Volt Switch / Grass Knot / Brave Bird / Hidden Power something

When you see a Fairy typing, 115 Atk and 130 Speed, it's kind of obvious that Pixilate is one of the most obvious choice, especially when it has NO Physical Fairy STAB. U-turn is a good pivot tool and the last move is coverage depending on what you want to hit. Electric + Fairy actually provides amazingly wide neutral coverage, so if you want STABs alone it'll work actually.

STABmons:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Play Rough
- Fleur Cannon
- U-turn / Hidden Power Ice / Volt Switch

STAB Bolt Strike with Life Orb and Electric terrain will hit amazingly HARD. It also has Fleur Cannon for nuking Physical Walls that possibly wall the Physical Attacks. For the last moveslot, U-turn is preferred, though if you find Landorus-T annoying, you can carry Hidden Power Ice.

For Sketchmons, I urge you be mixed and carry V-create, Wild Charge, Dazzling Gleam and possibly U-turn.

EV

Banned deucer.
No one talks about Tapu Koko? K... I posted this in tapu Koko thread but no one seem to care for OMs so I'll repost it here. Possible sets for Tapu Koko.

Almost Any Ability:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Hasty Nature
- Return
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Volt Switch / Grass Knot / Brave Bird / Hidden Power something

When you see a Fairy typing, 115 Atk and 130 Speed, it's kind of obvious that Pixilate is one of the most obvious choice, especially when it has NO Physical Fairy STAB. U-turn is a good pivot tool and the last move is coverage depending on what you want to hit. Electric + Fairy actually provides amazingly wide neutral coverage, so if you want STABs alone it'll work actually.

STABmons:

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Play Rough
- Fleur Cannon
- U-turn / Hidden Power Ice / Volt Switch

STAB Bolt Strike with Life Orb and Electric terrain will hit amazingly HARD. It also has Fleur Cannon for nuking Physical Walls that possibly wall the Physical Attacks. For the last moveslot, U-turn is preferred, though if you find Landorus-T annoying, you can carry Hidden Power Ice.

For Sketchmons, I urge you be mixed and carry V-create, Wild Charge, Dazzling Gleam and possibly U-turn.
Fleur Cannon already destroys Landorus-T, so I'd stick with U-turn for Steelix (shout outs Shore Up FakeSpeed wall) which resists your STAB or Brave Bird if Mega Venu is still relevant.

Has Magearna been released? If so, I think Fleur Cannon will be a strong STAB for Special or Mixed Fairies if they want to be hit and run attackers. For ones that want to stay in and sweep, I think they'll stick with Moonblast.

Also, does anyone have a list of moves that have been changed in Gen 7?

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
SO MANY NUKES AND CRAP SPEED IN THIS GAME. TRICK ROOM HAS GOT THE BUFF OF THE CENTURY MAN. Got some Ultra Beast Sets coming up here. I really, REALLY like these guys, even if they're either frail or intergalactic space lasers made of paper.

I really like the idea of Beast Boost, even if it's going to make Pheramosa a pain to deal with once she gets going. It's pretty crazy, as it's a Moxie that can be manipulated as you please. By the way, these things are NOT to be used defensively. Beast Boost says enough, but their defensive stats are also...terrible on all of them but one. They do have good defense or special defense on occasion, but they are always crippled by the other one. At first I thought Nihilego was a good special wall that can set hazards, but her Defense is too risky to be used consistently.

Just to note:
- Pheromosa gets a move called Speed Swap, which exchanges Speed Stats with the opponent. I do not know what this could create, but I know it's gonna end in VGC going completely nuts. Maybe use it with Wishiwashi School Form?
- Necrozma's Prism Armour is like those super effective berries: reduces the power of super effective moves taken. It's interesting, but idk if it's worth it.

Lillie (Nihilego) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA/252 SPEED/4 HP
Moves:
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot/Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock
Alright let's be serious here: Nihilego has CRAZY speed and special attack. Thus, this will be the more favorable setup. She's fast enough to be OU (as if her other stats didn't say enough), and her great defensive typing allows for her to tank physical hits through her HP even if she does have crap defensive stats (her only weakness tbh). So here you set the field hazards and then sweep. Her speed allows for some amazing plays if she's used correctly. Nice coverage, nice movepool. OU Material, if not BL.

KILL HIM WITH FIRE (Buzzwole) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPEED/4 HP
Moves:
- Leech Life (THOSE BUFFS WERE AMAZING HOLY CRAP)
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab/Stone Edge
It wasn't easy choosing the last move, so this guy may be for Trick Room. His bulk was ok up to special defense, and his speed isn't very good. However, he has access to reliable, physical-based recovery in Leech Life thanks to it's INSANE buff. This provides Buzzwole a niche over other Pokemon, meaning he could be OU or UU. Talonflame is an issue, but it's defense grants it some survival capabilities if it gets a Brave Bird to the face. Why would you let that happen anyway? If you're that kind of person, he gets Stone Edge to allow him to (hopefully) take a hit and then OHKO Talonflame with a single Stone Edge. Due to it's 4x weakness, I believe you'll need a special EV spread to take that hit. Psychic Terrain is recommended here.

Expansion Pack (Buzzwole) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 ATK/4 DEF
IVs: 0 SPEED
Moves:
- Leech Life
- Hammer Arm
- Protect/Stone Edge
- Roost
Buzzwole can make for a nice physical wall if you want to do that, but please don't. He's great for Trick Room sweeping in my opinion, as his low speed grants him the capability to make use of it. Nihilego gets Trick Room, but due to her insane speed it's useless w/out Iron Ball. Anyway, this set makes him into a terrifying sweeper, competing with Rhyperior for the Physical Sweeper spot. Given he gets Roost, he can recover immense amounts of HP even while attacking with Leech Life. Psychic Types beware! Protect / Stone Edge is there in case you want to have him on the lead so you can set up Trick Room in Doubles, or Stone Edge in the case you prefer Singles.

Lucamine (Pheromosa) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/252 SPEED/4 DEF
Moves:
- Quiver Dance (sweet jesus no)
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Miss Blast
- Poison Jab
Yep, this Bug/Fighting Deoxys gets Quiver Dance. Kill me now pl0x Oh, what joy. I can see her using Quiver Dance and then annihilating low ladder scrubs, and then dying to a Talonflame 10 seconds later. Typing is alright, defenses make her into a paper bag and she has the attack stats of God. She's a Special Nuke, basically. HP isn't half bad, which makes her better than Deoxys-Normal. I can see her being S Rank OU when paired with Tsareena/a Rock Type as a switch-in or Psychic Terrain. Note that every time she kills something, her Special Attack GOES UP. LET THAT SINK IN FOR A MOMENT WHILE THINKING OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A MOXIE USER KILLS YOU. IMAGINE THAT WITH SPECIAL ATTACK. G FRIKKIN G.

KILL HER WITH FIRE (Pheromosa) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPEED/4 DEF
Moves:
- High Jump Kick/Low Kick
- Lunge (80 BP Bug Move)
- U-Turn
- Poison Jab
Sadly she doesn't get Swords Dance or I woulda been damn pleased with this set. Her Physical Movepool isn't great, but it's alright overall. This set lets her screw a team over by the sheer surprise of her using a Physical Set instead of Special. This could be a nice surprise tactic, but little else.

SAFETY HAZARD (Xuritree) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Moves:
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
This is the worst Ultra Beast in my honest opinion. He has crap speed, making him a Trick Room Special Sweeper and little else. It's Special Attack is NUTS, at 173 in Base Stat terms. That's 7 less than Megaray's attack. I'd say this set would fare well in UU.

Hippie Chibi Robo (Xuritree) @ Focus Sash/Air Balloon
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 DEF
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Tail Glow
- Signal Beam
- Protect
YES IT GETS TAIL GLOW. I think this'd set up quite well in Trick Room given it's god awful speed. Great electric type, but it's coverage movepool isn't very good at all. It gets some great support moves such as Electric Terrain, but it sucks defensively. It'd get one shot by any Ground Type, which is a shame. Put 'em in UU or RU.

Celeste (Celesteele) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
IVs: 0
Moves:
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect
This is made for Trick Room, but can be modified for being outside of it. This is the only Ultra Beast with good stats across the board outside of speed.

Weeb (Kartana) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPEED/4 SpD
Moves:
- Sacred Sword (JESUS)
- Smart Strike (Guaranteed hit Steel Type move, 70 BP)
- X-Scissor
- Laser Focus (Next turn you get a crit. Yup.)
Laser Focus is a 1 time thing so you can nuke someone. With it's huge attack stats, you're guaranteed a kill and thus a Beast Boost. This is like Pheramosa, only with more attack and crap special stats. It's SpD is worse than Pheramosa's, and that's saying something. It is probably one of the better wallbreakers, but Pheramosa is definitely the best. OU Material if Pheramosa hits Ubers (which is will very quickly), but otherwise BL. Steel Typing allows it to not die to Fake Out, and it's Defense is good enough to say niche.

Guzma (Guzzlord) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP/124 DEF/124 SpD/8 ATK
Moves:
- Stockpile
- Protect
- Wide Guard
- Brutal Swing (Wide Range Dark Type Move, 60 BP)/Dragon Claw
I dunno man...Guzzlord is a Swalot with more health and stats...I can see it being a Trick Room Niche, but nothing else.

Necrozma @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs/Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Prism Armor
Moves:
- Psyshock/Prismatic Laser (160 BP Psychic Type Hyper Beam. Crazy, ik)
- Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Mirror Shot
It's slow, but has potential as a Life Orb or Specs Sweeper thanks to it's nice bulk. It has crazy Special Attack AND a signature move in Prismatic Laser, thus it's placement here. It's special movepool is surprisingly shallow, but it has enough for some kind of setup. Physical is nice though. Despite being a Psychic Type, it gets little to no Psychic Moves. Shame tbh.

So what do you think?

This thread is for OM discussion, Chippy2001 and others. Those sets might belong in the individual discussion threads in OI.

Giant wall of calculations incoming!

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 Def or 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

Beware this new addition to the 1v1 metagame: an attacker that simultaneously serves as an excellent physical wall! Fluffy halves damage from contact moves, of which there are plenty in 1v1, while doubling damage taken from Fire-type attacks. Moreover, 125 base Attack lets this thing pack a punch that Furfrou does not. It can even take hits against certain Mold Breakers, like Kyurem-Black:

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Bewear: 273-322 (61.6 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 510-602 (130.4 - 153.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even super effective hits are often not enough to knock it out. 44 Defense EVs are required to live the combination of Play Rough and Sucker Punch from Mega Mawile and 2HKO with Earthquake, as well as to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Gyarados' Waterfall. You can opt for 60 instead to avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Dragonite and 2HKO it with Ice Punch,

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Fluffy Bewear: 186-219 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
200+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 262-310 (81.1 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

but there's no reason to use more than 44 Defense EVs if you go for Thunder Punch. Here's an array of calculations against some fairly common 1v1 Pokemon.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 318-374 (71.7 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 47-56 (10.6 - 12.6%) -- possible 8HKO
-1 216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 188-222 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 291-343 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Fire-type move)
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 310-366 (104.3 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 40-48 (9 - 10.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 252-296 (56.8 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 536-632 (197.7 - 233.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 112-133 (25.2 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 399-469 (111.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 123-145 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 418-493 (117.4 - 138.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Jirachi Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 126-150 (28.4 - 33.8%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 340-400 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Fluffy Bewear: 306-362 (69 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
216+ Atk Choice Band Bewear Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 460-543 (113.8 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Obviously, it does well against a variety of the metagame's prominent physical attackers. Unfortunately, it is a pushover against virtually any special attacker or Sturdy user, as well as a variety of stall Pokemon that can survive a Giga Impact or Hammer Arm (i.e. not Chansey). The Taunt Mega Tyranitar I used in my RMT might be a good teammate, since the pair baits in Fighting-types, many of which Bewear can dispatch. Who knows what new threats it will have to deal with, but I expect Bewear to occupy some sort of niche in the Generation VII 1v1 metagame.

More sets to come!

edit: screwed up some calcs

Last edited:
I've come up with some ideas for Mix and Mega sets, outside of what's already been done
Vikavolt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
Wow, this thing looks really cool for the odd Trick Room team. A nuclear 185 Special Attack with good 77/120/105 bulk and Sheer Force will make it a great slow attacker, even with an okay at best typing. It also doesn't die as hard to pebbles as other bug types (looking at you, Volcarona).

Ribombee @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power Fire
Oh yeah, this thing gets Quiver Dance. And it has 144 Speed and 160 Special Attack post-Mega as well. We've got an unexpected monster on our hands, even if it's a bit frail. Aerilate is the end of this thing though, so it's difficult to use, but really powerful once its counters are out of the way.

Toxapex @ Sablenite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Baneful Bunker
-Recover
-Infestation
-Poison Jab
This thing is a hell blob in every sense of the word, with 50/202/192 bulk, a good defensive typing, and reliable recovery. Poison Jab is more or less just so it can actually hit stuff and not just wall all the things to death. It's a bulkier Mega Sableye with a different typing!

More coming later

Last edited:
I've come up with some ideas for Mix and Mega sets, outside of what's already been done
Vikavolt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
Wow, this thing looks really cool for the odd Trick Room team. A nuclear 185 Special Attack with good 77/120/105 bulk and Sheer Force will make it a great slow attacker, even with an okay at best typing. It also doesn't die as hard to pebbles as other bug types (looking at you, Volcarona).
Ribombee @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Shield Dus
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power Fire
Oh yeah, this thing gets Quiver Dance. And it has 144 Speed and 160 Special Attack post-Mega as well. We've got an unexpected monster on our hands, even if it's a bit frail. Aerilate is the end of this thing though, so it's difficult to use, but really powerful once its counters are out of the way.
Toxapex @ Sablenite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Baneful Bunker
-Recover
-Infestation
-Poison Jab
This thing is a hell blob in every sense of the word, with 50/202/192 bulk, a good defensive typing, and reliable recovery. Poison Jab is more or less just so it can actually hit stuff and not just wall all the things to death.

More coming later
Pardon the inquiry but are you using those Mega Stones as a stand-in for other items or do they actually do things for the pokemon above? Thanks in advance

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Pardon the inquiry but are you using those Mega Stones as a stand-in for other items or do they actually do things for the pokemon above? Thanks in advance
In Mix and Mega, Mega Stones are usable on all Pokemon (barring Ubers/certain other mons) regardless of what they were intended to be used on, and will mega-evolve the Pokemon to a forme that would correspond to the stone. Same with the primal orbs.

Did a bit of testing today with z-moves. Will be doing more testing if anyone wants. I only have the game on one ds rn and am working on getting it on my other one (for controlled battle testing).
I can try to provide some proof upon request, but I don't have a working camera right now.

Relevant in bh:
Unique z-moves (i.e. extreme evoboost, Genesis Supernova, etc.) can be used in a normal move slot.
There are no restrictions to this, which means that all your pokemon can have 1+ z-moves if you want to for some reason.
Using the z-move button on a z-move will only produce the proper battle animation, and use its PP up.

Relevant in pretty much everywhere else:
Status moves (so far I have tested geomancy and belly drum, but others will probably apply) do their special effect (i.e. geo boosting everything by 1) in addition to the normal move.

I will do more tomorrow night through Friday since I don't have anything going on then.
edit: I will be in the OM room all day then, so if you want anything specific tested, PM me or something.

Last edited:
Did a bit of testing today with z-moves. Will be doing more testing if anyone wants. I only have the game on one ds rn and am working on getting it on my other one (for controlled battle testing).
I can try to provide some proof upon request, but I don't have a working camera right now.

Relevant in bh:
Unique z-moves (i.e. extreme evoboost, Genesis Supernova, etc.) can be used in a normal move slot.
There are no restrictions to this, which means that all your pokemon can have 1+ z-moves if you want to for some reason.
Using the z-move button on a z-move will only produce the proper battle animation, and use its PP up.

Relevant in pretty much everywhere else:
Status moves (so far I have tested geomancy and belly drum, but others will probably apply) do their special effect (i.e. geo boosting everything by 1) in addition to the normal move.

I will do more tomorrow night through Friday since I don't have anything going on then.
edit: I will be in the OM room all day then, so if you want anything specific tested, PM me or something.
I know you're testing Z-moves, but do you think you can test various other unconfirmed things? Like whether eviolite has been nerfed or if Golisopod's ability affects both Pokemon on the field? (i highly doubt it will work that way but a bunch of people have been saying it works like that so idk, i hope it does) if so thanks!

I know you're testing Z-moves, but do you think you can test various other unconfirmed things? Like whether eviolite has been nerfed or if Golisopod's ability affects both Pokemon on the field? (i highly doubt it will work that way but a bunch of people have been saying it works like that so idk, i hope it does) if so thanks!
I can test almost anything anyone wants on Friday. Z-moves just happened to come up on skype so I played with them a bit.

I can test almost anything anyone wants on Friday. Z-moves just happened to come up on skype so I played with them a bit.
Yeah, please test if Eviolite nerf is true or not. It's what decides BH's fate (and basically all metas where Chansey is good).

Also, potential Marshadow set in BH?

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory (or whatever item that gives Ghost Multi Attack)
Adamant Nature
Ability: Dazzling/Moldy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Multi Attack
- Close Combat
- Infestation/Sub

This looks like a physical version of Mega Gengar, no? Idk much about BH but this thing prob won't be too threatening as it only has 125 Atk.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Something that could be cool is Tyranitarite Palossand for MnM, if only because of Shore Up. Also people mentioned Shore Up TTar for STABmons which sounds scary, which reminded me that Hippo also gets Shore Up. Goodie.

For mix and mega:

Bibarel @ Scizorite/Altarianite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Aqua Jet
- Return/Waterfall

concern

So many nerfs: Dark Void, Eviolite, Gale Wings, Parental Bond, Unaware... It's not even funny. There's also the fact that if you count Dazzling/Queenly Majesty + Moongeist Beam/Sunsteel Strike then Priority and Sturdinja were indirectly nerfed. All metas (Other or not) will be very different from what we are used to.

I have some more Mix and Mega sets for you guys
Tapu Koko @ Altarianite
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Return
-Wild Charge/Volt Switch
-Brave Bird/Hidden Power whatever works best for the set
-U-Turn
This patches up its issue of lacking good Fairy STAB and gives it a pretty big power boost. It also can't be put to sleep either if its Terrain is still up, which is nice.

Kaguya (Celesteela) @ Manectite
EVs: 252 HP/52 SpA/200 SpD/56 Spe
Modest Nature
-Automotize
-Air Slash
-Flash Cannon
-Fire Blast
This thing's stats give it a lot of flexibility for sets, Speed issues aside. The increases to its defenses provided by Manectite makes it pretty bulky, and it patches up its Speed issues for the most part. Intimidate also lets it easily switch in to physical things that would give it a pretty rough time.

Yeah, please test if Eviolite nerf is true or not. It's what decides BH's fate (and basically all metas where Chansey is good).

Also, potential Marshadow set in BH?

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory (or whatever item that gives Ghost Multi Attack)
Adamant Nature
Ability: Dazzling/Moldy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Multi Attack
- Close Combat
- Infestation/Sub

This looks like a physical version of Mega Gengar, no? Idk much about BH but this thing prob won't be too threatening as it only has 125 Atk.
Why not banette-mega? 165 atk!

AAA:

So we have Galvanize as a new -ate Ability for Electric, but there are a limited amount of Pokemon who'd want to use it. Raikou and Raichu stand out as the Electric types with Extreme Speed, but both have sparse physical movepools, Raikou needs a Rash nature and Raichu would rather run Refrigerate overall, as appealing as the super powerful ESpeed, Return and Double Edge are. Entei could end up liking it though, especially since it already likes Refrigerate. Zygarde also finally has something to hit Skarmory with Galvanize.

Zygarde @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Dragonium Z / Groundium Z
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Stone Edge

Galvanize does lack likely Boomburst or Explosion users though (unless Electrode or Magnezone is useful with that). Cloyster could work, but idk.

Slush Rush should be cool. Kyurem's gonna be insane with it and Water types should also be pretty good on Hail teams.

K. If you follow the news in Sun and Moon datamine thread, Burn damage now does 6% like Sandstorm instead of 12%. I think this is pretty big, considering Guts Flame Orb mons in AAA now have MUCH more longevity than before. And with damage nerf, it's pretty much useless vs Special Attackers since it can't really wear it down anymore.
Guts is going to be very very good in AAA.

Also, Ursaring in STABmons is going to be a monster.

Some good news for Gen 7 BH. We had been speculating in the OM room that anti-Imposter Dazzling/Queenly Majesty setup sweepers (e.g. Kartana, Mega Gengar) were going to be virtually unbeatable thanks to their apparent immunity to Prankster and the Unaware nerf (Unaware only works when attacking, supposedly).

Well, the latter may have been debunked. Something to keep tabs on. It's still very possible that those abilities could be broken, though — Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam should bypass Unaware.

Day 2 of SM testing...

EV Limits appear to be gone for LOCAL battles with other players (I used my other DS because I am lonely):

It's an Arceus

Eviolite is 1.5x still

Soul Dew lost SpDef boost.

Will-o-wisp from a prankster poke fails in psychic terrain, but status moves like calm mind do not.

Dark Void is dead on anything besides Darkrai.

Comatose acts as if the pokemon with the ability were asleep, but without the sleep status being applied. This includes status immunity and the inability to be put to sleep/use rest.

(For Marty ) Sheer force does not stop emergency exit from occurring. Emergency Exit "blocks" volt turns switching effect when it gets triggered.

Disguise is hardcoded for Mimikyu.

Either spotlight takes priority over follow me, or it is based on which comes first.

Dazzling does not block prankster haze.

edit: emergency exit and wimp out only trigger once per battle from what I can tell.

I may have forgotten something, so if I mentioned it in OM and didn't include it here, please let me know.

Tomorrows priorities: Triage+attacking healing moves, protect and destiny bond in psychic terrain, spotlight and follow me on different speed tiers, wimp out doing the same thing as emergency exit, unique/signature moves, confirming unaware nerf, and soul dew damage calcs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)