Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To be fair, there's not that much to even build hype on at the moment. Magearna, new Zygarde formes, and the fact that there will be two games. That's pretty much all the information we have. One blurry overworld screenshot from early development doesn't say that much about the games, at least not enough to make us excited. Once more information leaks out, hype will probably build higher.

To be fair, there's not that much to even build hype on at the moment. Magearna, new Zygarde formes, and the fact that there will be two games. That's pretty much all the information we have. One blurry overworld screenshot from early development doesn't say that much about the games, at least not enough to make us excited. Once more information leaks out, hype will probably build higher.
I thought new information HAD leaked out. Aren't you the guy who handled the leaked info in this article?
http://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

If you're officially admitting it was an April Fool's Joke, that would be great, because I have some friends (well, just one, really) who are (is) legitimately worried about it.

I've been pointing out flaws and errors all night, but if we just had admittance that it is fake, it would make that task a lot easier.

1) Straight from the press release on 2/27:
Note the wording of that particular sentence:

Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.
The directly part is important here. It implies that there will be some way to transfer the VC RBY Pokemon to XY/ORAS as well. My bet is on the RBY->Sun/Moon->XY/ORAS (through Bank) route.

from serebii:

Edit @ 00:27: Masuda confirmed on the show, jokingly in response to Shoko Nakagawa's question, that there will be over 10 new Pokémon in the games

no hype for this??!??!?!!?
This confirms that we'll be able to choose from the fantastic 18 starters, and that Pokémon they'll be focusing doing this time is the early Route Bird, the fossils, the pseudo-legend and maybe the legendary trio. That's a fantastic lineup of around 15 new Pokémon!

I'm still seriously wondering how Gen 1 Pokemon will be altered in order to correctly transfer into Gen 7 at all. Other than Gen 7 simply doing away with IVs, EVs, etc, it means that Gen 1 Pokemon will be greatly altered from their original orientation.

Hey I've been reading some of these comments and I just want to make sure I've got something straight:

Has it been confirmed that only pokes with the blue pentagon are transferable to sun/moon via pokebank?
No that was just empty speculation.

There has been NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER that only blue pentagon pokemon will be transferable. There has also been no information about what pokemon can transfer at all except ones from the Red/Blue/Yellow re-release. In fact, there has just been no information. At all.

I'm still seriously wondering how Gen 1 Pokemon will be altered in order to correctly transfer into Gen 7 at all. Other than Gen 7 simply doing away with IVs, EVs, etc, it means that Gen 1 Pokemon will be greatly altered from their original orientation.
I'm guessing there'll be some sort of PID generation routine based on the IVs from the Gen I 'Mons. That would mean a fairly shallow pool of possible spreads compared to what you can catch in the later generations, but it's better than nothing considering it's mostly a gimmick to begin with. EVs would almost certainly be wiped. I'm hoping there'll be some sort of special ball they get put in.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Aren't you the guy who handled the leaked info in this article?
http://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon
Actually, I was just the scapegoat (that was even the exact word they used). I only got to write the bit about Mega Delcatty, all the rest was done by the time I got the message.

Still don't know why they decided to release it on April 2, though. At some point, were were considering to release it as soon as April 1 rolled across the date line, when March 31 had barely begun in the US.

I came to read the fake leak as I missed it. I know not to trust anyone at that day, but ... I want to face that Zygarde Gundam as a boss!

Anyways, this means slow weeks again for new game updates. When will be the next announcement? Coro Coro on middle of this month? Fair enough as said, the hype is barely built with so little information about it....

Reactions: JES

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
I was thinking if Sun and Moon has dual type starter as Fire/Rock, Water/Fairy and Grass/Ground.
Question:What dual type combination are you guys hoping for S&M? :')

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking if Sun and Moon has dual type starter as Fire/Rock, Water/Fairy and Grass/Ground.
Question:What dual type combination are you guys hoping for S&M? :')
I'm hoping for lots of things, but this thread is not for wishlisting nor baseless speculation. It devolves into meaningless posts about random crap that's not actually significant to the topic.

I'm hoping for lots of things, but this thread is not for wishlisting nor baseless speculation. It devolves into meaningless posts about random crap that's not actually significant to the topic.
Quite Lot of people in thread seem to have gotten away with wish listing. Why is that?

Quite Lot of people in thread seem to have gotten away with wish listing. Why is that?
Probably because their post includes something else that's actually constructive to the conversation. There's nothing wrong with making an offhand remark about wanting a mega or new type combination as long as it's not the focus of your post and you're not wanting to make discussion out of it.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We're a bit more relaxed about speculation concerning upcoming games, so yes, a fair bit of wishlisting slides by, so long as good discussion is still happening. But after a certain point, when the grounding of the discussion in known information gets too thin, we lock things until there's some more solid info out there. We may be nearing such a point soon. But I fear that moderating discussion of upcoming games is as much art as science. The closest thing to a golden rule is that we want posts to promote discussion and back-and-forth.

Things are slow and have been for months. Arguably even worse now; back when we thought Z was likely, we had things to expect. Volcanion/Hoopa plots, Zygarde stuff, new areas of Kalos, Looker story expansion. With SM we have a name, a miniscule amount of concept art, and Magearna. There's a royal Fuck All to talk about that isn't repetitive, wishlisting, meta- discussion or the occasional shitpost (I don't really want a normal/normal type :V) Related to the Hype discussion way up there ^, I think it's for related reasons that Hype is set at a steady to moderate "simmer". It's not just that we don't have a lot to go on, but also because we were hyped for Z. We had expectations. We had few for a new gen, which is what we got, so the net gain in terms of "expectations met" is in the negative, and that's a big hype killer.

I had a dream the Grass starter was a platypus... Well, Gamefreak has taunted us so much it's interfering in daily life now.

Agreeing with PsychicAcademic, to me the only logical thing for them to show next is a little gameplay and either the starters or box art legendaries. I wasn't on Smogon when X/Y were announced, but I can only assume the starters were shown off very early.

I had a dream the Grass starter was a platypus... Well, Gamefreak has taunted us so much it's interfering in daily life now.

Agreeing with PsychicAcademic, to me the only logical thing for them to show next is a little gameplay and either the starters or box art legendaries. I wasn't on Smogon when X/Y were announced, but I can only assume the starters were shown off very early.
(Honestly? Lol a platypus Pokemon would be a water type?) What is the actual date for the next announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)