Gliscor

Why hasn't anyone noted that Gliscor can have Poison Heal and run Leftovers instead and possibly switch into a toxic against a foe who assumes Gliscor isn't carrying Poison Heal? Effectively you would get more HP.
Yeah, except for the offensive teams that don't have Toxic because they prefer hitting things.

See a Leftovers Breloom in Gen 4?

I've been enjoying Toxiscor quite alot. Those who keep clinging onto Roost like it's still Gen 4 seriously need to let go.

I personally run an offensive set consisting of
Acrobat
Earthquake
Fling
Protect

He can be checked pretty easily, but he can become a reliable check to other pokemon himself. Makes a great Status sponge and staller generally, and despite the lack of investment in defense, that Poison Heal usually always saves his life. Access to a Toxic inducing move is nice too, even if just a one off.

I've been enjoying Toxiscor quite alot. Those who keep clinging onto Roost like it's still Gen 4 seriously need to let go.

I personally run an offensive set consisting of
Acrobat
Earthquake
Fling
Protect

He can be checked pretty easily, but he can become a reliable check to other pokemon himself. Makes a great Status sponge and staller generally, and despite the lack of investment in defense, that Poison Heal usually always saves his life. Access to a Toxic inducing move is nice too, even if just a one off.
We are hanging onto Roost as it allows for much easier recovery and allows for the use of SR
Also, flying/ground has pretty poor coverage

flying/ground has pretty poor coverage
Really? Hits every type neutrally, 8/17 super effectively. It only misses out of Skarm/Zong, who are afraid of Taunt, Rotom, who gets Fling'd, and...um, Zapdos/Bontarusu, who can't do much without a Hidden Power? And get Fling'd too.

Then there's Archeos, who can't afford to take strong resisted STAB attacks when SR is on the field, lolAerodactyl, and Solrock and Lunatone who deserve no comment.

Is that all? Looks pretty good to me.

Really? Hits every type neutrally, 8/17 super effectively. It only misses out of Skarm/Zong, who are afraid of Taunt, Rotom, who gets Fling'd, and...um, Zapdos/Bontarusu, who can't do much without a Hidden Power? And get Fling'd too.

Then there's Archeos, who can't afford to take strong resisted STAB attacks when SR is on the field, lolAerodactyl, and Solrock and Lunatone who deserve no comment.

Is that all? Looks pretty good to me.
I don't know why I thought F/G had bad coverage, but this Gliscor just doesn't seem incredibly useful overall

Try it yourself before you diss its usefulness. Otherwise you come off as not really knowing what you're talking about.

I agree. The Fling set is one of the all starts of my team actually. Being immune to status and the constant health recovery on top of great natural bulk, decent speed and high powered STABs with no overlapping coverage makes it tough, versatile and deadly. Not to mention the be all end all Breloom counter.

If it doesn't look threatening it's cause you haven't faced one.

poison heal is amazing. Gliscor dominates so hard with fling+acrobat it's not even funny. Acro+earthquake has fantastic coverage with high base power, and fling for a little status. Protect is great with all the choice users now that have u-turn (sazandora anyone?)

No poke counters doryuuzu+rohpushin both that hard (something genIV gliscor can't do either). Considering those are 2 of the most used pokes, poison heal gliscor is outstanding this generation

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I hope Poison Heal + Roost is allowed. Otherwise its a pretty shitty replacement for most sets.
The fact that you have to pick Poison Heal or Roost causes you to play him two separate ways. And it's not a shitty replacement, it's a different strategy you've overlooked as inferior because it doesn't include instant recovery.

The Fling set looks really interesting, so I edited in the OP.

@DragNezone Acrobat has 110 base power (165 with STAB) when the user has no item. It allows Gliscor to dent Pokemon like Roobushin and Celebi.

If I could make love to any one of Gliscor's sets, it would be this one. POISON HEAL IS GOD. If you put this set up give me credit because I am an attention whore and I don't want people saying I stole it off of here :P lol:

[SET]
name: Venomous Staller (or something else I don't really care it just sums it up nicely)
move1: Earthquake (Hits Steels immune to Toxic)
move2: Toxic / Taunt / Aerial Ace (to hits teh breloomz)
move3: Substitute
move4: Protect
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
Evs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Impish

-It rocks - its like Stallrein but it doesn't suck outside of hail lol
-Great for stall teams
-Sub+Protect is better than roost stalling as you can stall even on moves that would otherwise 2hko you
-Earthquake kills pokes that are immune to toxic barring Skarmory and Bronzong
-2HKOes Doryuuzu with Earthquake (herp derp)
-It's amazing
-Great typing
-Great Defense stat and typing (did I mention it has great typing?)
-Taunt makes Blissey cry, which is always nice and should be used if you have Toxic Spikes support and Toxic spreaders (as well as Rankurusu and Clefable :P It also pisses of Skarmory and Bronzong that wall you lol; but seriously it makes it into a great stallbreaker and helps against phazing)
-Did I mention this set is awesome and I want to make love to it?
-You can slash Stone Edge for Earthquake if you are using Taunt to hit Flying Pokes, but it sucks at everything else :P.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
poison heal gliscor is a solid counter to any roobushin and any breloom 2 of the most fearsome fighters...the ev spread will be full hp,enough speed to outspeed adamant breloom(240)and all the other ev's go to defence with an impish nature...the moveset will be taunt,ice fang,eq and toxic with toxic orb!against bulk up roobushin he is one of the very few pokes who can reliably counte him!!!gliscor comes in when roobushin bulks up or attacks(his atcks are always drain punch bulk up mach punch and either stone edge or payback)pretty easy...he then taunts him while he either attacks or tries to bulk up and in the next turn you toxic him while attacking all the other turns...when the battle is over gliscor will be serious wounded and almost always at red hp but he can easy can come back in one of its 2 immunities and immunity to status and grounded hazards and heal back 1/8 of its turn by just switching in!!!!almost no other poke can acomplish this if roobushin bulks up in the switch without going down with him...most strategies to bring him down involve bringing in a strong special attacker to seriously damage him while the fighter kills it and then you revenge kill it with anything faster(literally everything)that resists mach punch...this is indeed pretty painfull for any team...this gliscor also stops cold every variant of the most fearsome sweeper of gen 5:doryuzu!if it is the balloon variant you ice fang him to break the baloon and next turn you kill him with eq while his sd boosted rock slides do around 100 damage to u....against life orb variant it is even easier as you can kill him immediately without losing even half of your life...!!!this is pretty damn amazing!!!! the only way for the steel-ground monster to win is to flinch you 2 to 3 times in a row with rock slide which only has 90% acuraccy...i dont have the odds for this but i think that it happens less than 1 out of 20 times...and of course poison heal gliscor completely walls both brelooms(poison heal or technician)if it has been poisoned beforehand...the 4th gen gliscor can't do anything of these things just because he needs to roost to keep his life up which means that roobushin's fighting attacks will rape him on the turn he roosts and ballon doryuzu will outright beat him cause he doesn't have any move to damage him and because he only heals 1/16 of his life every turn making flinch killing more easy to happen.and finally the old gliscor can't take any breloom straight up because of spore....so these(not all,but the most important)are the advantages of poison heal gliscor over the old one.
Roobushin and Guts. Be wary of Guts.

^Roohbushin will not be pleased to take a 110 BP STAB Flying move with no drawback, assuming Gliscor has flung its Toxic Orb (which A: is likely and B: Rohbushin is not switching into Gliscor anytime soon, so it can't take advantage of it).

I'm really not sure why people are questioning the effectiveness of OrbScor, as it has proven itself time and again. Roost actually becomes a hindrance to Gliscor as a Breloom/Bushin check, finding itself lacking a valuable flying resist when dealing with them and becoming weak to Breloom's Bullet Seed (not to mention that Poison Heal Gliscor doesn't fear Spore).

It gets great neutral coverage with its two STABs, heals back 25% of its health over 2 turns (thanks to Protect), and doesn't have to do anything. I wouldn't be surprised if, on average, Poison Heal and Roost Gliscor heal the same percentage of damage per turn, given that poison heal is continuous and Roost is a punctuated use.

As a final, minor note, Fling means that Poison Heal Gliscor fits very well in stall teams, absorbing Trick with ease.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I am EXTREMELY upset that poison heal is illegal with roost. Why did they have to take away roost as a TM?? WHY?!?! We can only hope that he gets it through dream world or the tutors in the third game.

I am EXTREMELY upset that poison heal is illegal with roost. Why did they have to take away roost as a TM?? WHY?!?! We can only hope that he gets it through dream world or the tutors in the third game.
They got rid of the useful tms and replaced them with crap, why? They be trollen!!!! The real question is why is glicor so fucking stupid that it doesn't know how to land -_____-
/offtopic...kinda

Offensive sets are useless now that mr.sandpowa genie exist...and to be honest I would use gligar over it's evolution because of the higher defences....but then again gligar doesn't have leftovers, Damn it :/. Gliscor is a great wall though, always use taunt, ALWAYS! or bring a cleric *coughchanseyblissiyvaporeoncough* cuz if he gets toxiced(not a word)he's screwed.

My 2 cents...

Um, you only use Protect if they're going to attack you. Otherwise you attack them. The enemy gets no free turns if you use Protect properly. And you can still use Taunt over Protect if you want.

I replaced Sword Dance with Protect on my set recently and it makes all the difference. Getting a free turn of healing and being immune to damage (something Roost can't do) increses your survivability by a ton. With Wish Vaporeon to absorb the Water attacks and resist Ice this thing will never die.

So please stop theoreymoning and actually give him a try so you know how effective he actually is.

Um, you only use Protect if they're going to attack you. Otherwise you attack them. The enemy gets no free turns if you use Protect properly. And you can still use Taunt over Protect if you want.

I replaced Sword Dance with Protect on my set recently and it makes all the difference. Getting a free turn of healing and being immune to damage (something Roost can't do) increses your survivability by a ton. With Wish Vaporeon to absorb the Water attacks and resist Ice this thing will never die.

So please stop theoreymoning and actually give him a try so you know how effective he actually is.
I've used him, and without Taunt, it kinda fails as an anti-lead, failing to KO many other leads. Also, I understand that using Protect properly will make you very successful, and DUH! That's called prediction, and it isn't always easy when it's like 2 turns into a battle and you have no idea of the opponent's skill level or strategy.

^Roohbushin will not be pleased to take a 110 BP STAB Flying move with no drawback, assuming Gliscor has flung its Toxic Orb (which A: is likely and B: Rohbushin is not switching into Gliscor anytime soon, so it can't take advantage of it).
Rohbushin can't really take advantage of Toxic, as it ruins one of it's main draws, survivability.

Toxic Orb, Fling and Acrobat are indeed a great combination, along with EQ for dual stab with decent coverage. I'd use Substitute over Protect, but I guess that's a matter of preference.

I'll take Poison Heal over Roost any day. No need to lose that excellent Fighting resist just to half Gliscor's crippling Ice weakness.

I've used him, and without Taunt, it kinda fails as an anti-lead, failing to KO many other leads. Also, I understand that using Protect properly will make you very successful, and DUH! That's called prediction, and it isn't always easy when it's like 2 turns into a battle and you have no idea of the opponent's skill level or strategy.
So why were you trying to use it as an anti-lead? Despite not having used Poison Heal Gliscor yet, it ddoesn't give off the feel of a lead at all.

Gliscor makes a pretty good lead, too, even in 5th Gen.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 172 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ U-Turn
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock

Pretty obvious - EQ for STAB, U-Turn against unfavorable lead matchups and to maintain momentum, Taunt to prevent setup and status, Stealth Rock because Stealth Rock.

Poison Heal is a great addition. It means that Gliscor can stay healthy throughout the match as a Taunter even without roost. It may seem like an awkward set, but it's been extremely effective.

Gliscor makes a pretty good lead, too, even in 5th Gen.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 172 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ U-Turn
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock

Pretty obvious - EQ for STAB, U-Turn against unfavorable lead matchups and to maintain momentum, Taunt to prevent setup and status, Stealth Rock because Stealth Rock.

Poison Heal is a great addition. It means that Gliscor can stay healthy throughout the match as a Taunter even without roost. It may seem like an awkward set, but it's been extremely effective.
This is the kind of set I would run if I ran poison heal. I mean, thats not to say I don't like the fling/acrobat set, because that set sounds like a lot of fun. However, when I play Gliscor I always feel that 4 move slot syndrome.

This set just feels like it gives a little freedom. Before, its like, I NEED roost and I NEED taunt... and u-turn... and baton pass... and earthquake... and swords dance... and toxic... Its really just too much. Now, I don't need roost, he heals every turn, he scouts, is immune to status, and stops those pokemon who like to set up. It feels like the best well rounded set, IMO.

Who mentioned anything about Gliscorb (that's what we should call him now) being an anti lead? You switch him in to wall electric, ground and fighting moves and to absorb status after your orb activates. I could easily say Blissey sucks too, if I were trying to use her as a physical sweeper.

This is the kind of set I would run if I ran poison heal. I mean, thats not to say I don't like the fling/acrobat set, because that set sounds like a lot of fun. However, when I play Gliscor I always feel that 4 move slot syndrome.

This set just feels like it gives a little freedom. Before, its like, I NEED roost and I NEED taunt... and u-turn... and baton pass... and earthquake... and swords dance... and toxic... Its really just too much. Now, I don't need roost, he heals every turn, he scouts, is immune to status, and stops those pokemon who like to set up. It feels like the best well rounded set, IMO.
Thanks. The EVs could be tweaked though, they're just copypastad from Gen 4 and I haven't been bothered to run calcs, but defensive investment helps with taking Roo's paybacks and shit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)