HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why would Nintendo slap on RSE when they can make a full remake at a later date, making double the profit?

there should be an option as to what pokemon you send out when you encounter a wild pokemon, instead of it being your lead pokemon by default :( that would be pretty cool

there should be an option as to what pokemon you send out when you encounter a wild pokemon, instead of it being your lead pokemon by default :( that would be pretty cool
The game automatically selecting your lead is a time-saving measure. Being prompted which Pokemon you want to use for each of the thousands of wild battles you will encounter would be obnoxious.

You can choose to have a level 1 Palkia Dialga or Giritina. You take arceus to this place in heart gold soul sliver. And Cinthia will be there she will tell you how acreus can create new pokemon.

The game automatically selecting your lead is a time-saving measure. Being prompted which Pokemon you want to use for each of the thousands of wild battles you will encounter would be obnoxious.
I think means that because it's assumed that the first pokemon in your party follows you he doesn't always want this pokemon to come out. The simpler option would be to select which pokemon follows you not which goes into battle first.

Yeh I thought it sounded strange that you will have to have the pokemon at the top of your party out. It didn't seem very fair if you got bored of your pokemon following you around.

Oh, and as a reply to earlier posts, I doubt that we will have Hoen in this game. This is because that you can capture groundon and kyogre and requaza!!!! But maybe I'm wrong.... I hope so, because a remake of Hoen would be swell, they seriously need to change that horrid music.... And it would also be good to ge able to get latias and latios, which I reckon will be in the game.

I'm just wondering here, I wonder if you will be able to get the three legendary birds in this game? I know its unlikely because thats not what happens in the old games but you can go to Kanto, and Arceus will be available so I guess anythings possible! ;)

wow, cant wait!

everyone always says how great gsc were, but ive never played them.

will be cool if we can RNG abuse perfect legendary dogs :)

and wouldnt hurt to add a few new tutor moves, and bring back a few emerald exclusive ones too, like counter..

Yeh I thought it sounded strange that you will have to have the pokemon at the top of your party out. It didn't seem very fair if you got bored of your pokemon following you around.
In most playthroughs of the game, I (and every other player I've observed) rotate my in-game team, putting the member I want to level in first position. So I think if anything, this mechanic will lend itself to a greater variety of overworld followers than if you just selected one outright.

I'm just wondering here, I wonder if you will be able to get the three legendary birds in this game? I know its unlikely because thats not what happens in the old games but you can go to Kanto, and Arceus will be available so I guess anythings possible! ;)
They're already in Platinum, there's no reason for them to be in these games. Besides, the Power Plant isn't abandoned anymore, there's people there, Zapdos wouldn't stick around. And the Seafoam Island caves kinda died, so Articuno's out of the question. And it would be silly to have only Moltres.

Also, Arceus isn't available in these games. All the Arceus stuff is done with the movie event Arceus.

There are other things interesting me.
Point 1: That area next to Goldenrod. What IS that tower?
Point 2: The tiny area next to National Park.
Point 3: The golden cloud above Ecruteak.
Point 4: Did Cianwood just get a huge expansion? It looks Safari/Battle-ish.

The tower next to Goldenrod looks a lot like the Trainer Tower/Hill from FR/LG/E. Green, with a rounded dome, and a tall spire.
Not sure on what's next to National Park; maybe a judging area for the Bug-Catching Contests?
The 'golden cloud' above Ecruteak is probably just the yellowish trees in that area, as seen in this picture.
Again, I don't know what's happening in Cianwood, but there actually appears to be a new town there...

Also, there are some other things in the picture I linked to.
Firstly, the new Gym design is awful :(
Next, the city seems to have been expanded. However, this contradicts the region map above, so I'm not sure which is correct.
Third, the Poké Mart's roof isn't blue (it's the building with a big sign in front of it).
At the right of the image, there are the 3 Apricorn trees; this suggests that the Apricorn trees aren't going to be replaced by berry patches (the standard berry trees might, though). But what is their purpose? Are Apricorns back?
Two new towers have sprouted in Mahogany. Team Rocket lookout towers?

EDIT: Also, where Crystal's Battle Tower was, isn't there a gatehouse? Or is it just me?

I hope they keep the pokeball seals, but I'd like some new ones too.

Love the quote above btw! The most accurate thing I have ever seen on smogon!

It was a park in the shape of a Poke Ball. On specific days bug catching competitions would he held there where you get given park balls to snag bugs. When the time is up, the person with the best bug wins a prize. I'm not sure but I think it was a Sun Stone for first place, Everstone for second and third place gave a Gold Berry.

I hope they improve the bug-catching games, perhaps with pokes like vibrava, skorupi and heracross when you get the national dex? I know that vibrava and skorupi aren't bugs but they are in the bug egg group and they are surpossed to look like bugs so why not?

I hope they improve the bug-catching games, perhaps with pokes like vibrava, skorupi and heracross when you get the national dex? I know that vibrava and skorupi aren't bugs but they are in the bug egg group and they are surpossed to look like bugs so why not?
Actually, Skorupi is part-Bug.

Anyways, I'm going to need to pull out my old copy of the G/S strategy guide, I don't remember what the original game's map looked like... A lot of these changes you guys are mentioning I can't see the difference. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)