International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was me =)
Great game, and great way to use terracott! Whimsicott with that set is very hard to counter, you played a hell of a match. I saved the video...it was the best game of the day...really gg ;)

With this match i am at 1805 (50 played, 6 lost)...now i go to sleep, goodnight smogon!
To quote Rainbow Dash: "Omigosh omigosh omigosh omigosh Omigosh!"

Thank you very much! It was a wonderful battle! I saved the video, too, it was that great! I'm not even upset I lost! Thank you for such a good battle!

>_<

*facepalm*
*ouch* a little help here?

I love playing Pokemon and I'm just looking for a forum I can game with others on, play tournaments etc..

I googled and this forum popped up

Need a helping hand not a facepalm lol though that does work sometimes hehe

Cybertron, 3 D/Cs on purpose, NOOB! jk <3

Current record is something like 36-3. Haven't lost in over a dozen games, not to toot my own horn, but I'd say that's a good thing for me!

Almost at 1800, I'll post later about my opponents.

I love playing Pokemon and I'm just looking for a forum I can game with others on, play tournaments etc..

I'll help.
This thread is about an online tournament from GBU, you've got to have registered before October 19 in order to enter so, good luck next time.

Maybe you could try this? You have to be familiar with tiers though
http://www.smogon.com/wifi/battle/finder

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also, this forum is specifically for discussing the VGC (Video Game Championship) tournaments, and this one because it uses the same rules. If you want to just discuss the game in general, you'll probably want to check out the 5th gen forum here.

I'm having fun so far, only done a few matches. I don't like the ranking system though.

So far a lot of starters, zoroark going as himself, me trolling encore whimsicott with infinite protect hydreigon, accelgor saving my ass, and a lot of d/c.

I'm so unfamiliar with VGC 11 it isn't even funny. Got owned by a zoroark as jellicent, and after that I just learned to heat wave everything no matter what.

Im at 1846. Waiting atleast a hour. And I know its a hour because Im playing my old pokemon videos and team rocket blast off twice. 1,2,TWICE.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thank you very much. :) Wow I came a day too late it figures when will the next tourney be?
No idea when the next Wi-Fi tournament will be, because they haven't announced any more, but the first round of VGC regionals are next month if you're interested in that.

CLINTv2: 19-1(loss to cybertron) 1705

Encore Whimsicott is great :D see all you do is Fake it out then Flight gem powered Acro for the kill as your opponent uses protect on the other poke ;3 Bero Bero~

(Cat is still dead Q.Q)

I think I'll continue on until I get 1800 then get abused by everyone :(

I'm having fun so far, only done a few matches. I don't like the ranking system though.

So far a lot of starters, zoroark going as himself, me trolling encore whimsicott with infinite protect hydreigon, accelgor saving my ass, and a lot of d/c.

I'm so unfamiliar with VGC 11 it isn't even funny. Got owned by a zoroark as jellicent, and after that I just learned to heat wave everything no matter what.
What I hate more is the matchmaking, it's so horribly broken it's not even funny. First match at 1500 points and no previous experience in doubles whatsoever? Autumn friendly says: "good, here's this 1780 points player". Hovering at 1696 and need a small boost to break 1700? "Here's some 1400- players" *trollface*

Starters and Zoroark are pretty common among low-ranked people, higher ranked people is pretty much a guaranteed Terrakion/Thundurus/Tornadus and what I understand the less is why all my disconects but one are against low 1400 people? What do you have to lose at that point?

I thought I remember having an account here under the name Jirachi_the_Wishmaker years ago, but that doesn't matter. Man oh man, I've been having a ball battling. Though I did meet some worthy opponents here and there and matches were completely suspenseful!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Damn. I was having a great time thwarting a Thundurus' Taunt, Taunting the Tornadus on the switch, locking Landorus into EQ with my Volcarona on the field, and was about to WoW it when my connection fails. :( It wouldve been a video worth recording. *sigh*

What I hate more is the matchmaking, it's so horribly broken it's not even funny. First match at 1500 points and no previous experience in doubles whatsoever? Autumn friendly says: "good, here's this 1780 points player". Hovering at 1696 and need a small boost to break 1700? "Here's some 1400- players" *trollface*

Starters and Zoroark are pretty common among low-ranked people, higher ranked people is pretty much a guaranteed Terrakion/Thundurus/Tornadus and what I understand the less is why all my disconects but one are against low 1400 people? What do you have to lose at that point?
That too. :/ My second match was against an 1800 +. I won, but still.

I have to say, I'm tired of seeing genies and terrakion on so many teams, even though I use terrakion. Not because I can't take care of them, but because I'm tired of looking at them. Now I really understand why this year's VGC season was rather bland. I could battle VGC 12 forever though, no lies. I don't feel compelled to win, really.

If anyone spots me, I'm Okapi and I'm probably the only one with an accelegor.

Cybertron's Personal Post

OT: BZ?
Current Record: 39-2
Current Rating: 1811
Number of Disconnectors: 5

List of Opponents Faced (starting from the 10th):

STRIDER from Mexico (1733): 2-0 VICTORY
Joshua from NY (1500-): 4-0 VICTORY
Luis from Mexico (1524): 4-0 VICTORY
YO!Pops from None (1559): 2-0 VICTORY (Disconnected)
Daz from Spain (1838!): 1-0 LOSS
Kevin from Georgia (1572): 2-0 VICTORY
Jared from NY (1500): 1-0 VICTORY
JOHN from Australia (1655): 2-0 LOSS
Hilbert from Michigan (1687): 3-0 VICTORY
★ALEX★ from Greece (1565): 3-0 VICTORY
Tashar from British Columbia (1538) 3-0 VICTORY
Jay from None (1456): 3-0 VICTORY
Paul from None (1577): 3-0 VICTORY
Raphael from Spain (1618): 3-0 VICTORY
Red from New York (1737): 4-0 VICTORY
VINCENT (no other info): 4-0 VICTORY
Kanade from Canada (1803): 3-0 VICTORY (But no points due to accidental DC?)
CLINTv2 from Ohio (1584): 3-0 VICTORY
Deidara from Canada (1454): 3-0 VICTORY
Josh from Mexico (1500-): 4-0 VICTORY
Gustavo from Mexico (1487): 3-0 VICTORY (Disconnected)
Kelli (no other info): 3-0 VICTORY
Presea from None (1475): 2-0 VICTORY
NIKO from the US Virgin Islands (1468): 3-0 VICTORY
JUANCHI from Venezuela (1582): 4-0 VICTORY
QuinnGX from Georgia (1635): 4-0 VICTORY
Jack from Florida (1574): 4-0 VICTORY
Raow from Indiana (1682): 1-0 LOSS
Runhel from Italy (1726): 2-0 VICTORY
Stark from Mexico (1522): DISCONNECTED
Joey from Illinois (1495): 3-0 VICTORY
Vegeta from Venezuela (1698): DISCONNECTED
Dan from New York (1465): : 4-0 VICTORY
Kevin from California (1519): 4-0 VICTORY
Stanley from California (1482): 4-0 VICTORY
Luke from Michigan (1516): 4-0 VICTORY

Current Battle: None.

1st loss: Because of a Rock Slide miss, an HP Ice Crit, and a FP. Lucky guy :(
2nd loss: Didn't predict and got too overconfident.

Note: 4 DC's on purpose today, 1 accidental one with R Inanimate. Current record only includes battles counted.

Lost to someone called K Pu but my Wi-Fi hiccuped and it disconnected. Sorry :(

Finally broke 1800... calling it quits for tonight. This is too addictive.

Nah there are two accelgors out there, but one of them is no more after my 'Terrakion' used Rock Slide for a crit :( poor thing wasn't even sashed.

And I realized I have no counter to Chandelure x.x....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)