League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I'll join your team if you want UncleSam, although my activity is limited until midway through October.

And I'm much better in arranged teams then in solo queue.

Azubu Frost took out CLG.EU in a huge comeback in the ogn champions summer season, and were previously the most dominant team in korea. they bring classic strong korean play to the forefront, expect RapidStar and MadLife to make huge plays.

Saigon Jokers beat out SGS in a surprise win at the SEA regionals, with unconventional picks and an exciting hit-and-run playstyle in the mid to lategame. however they are still a new team and they will definitely be tested against the world's best. keep an eye out for Nixwater, who carries hard when he needs to
More commenting. I watched the SEA regionals, and it was pretty painful to watch. No one there is even close to the skill level of all the other teams.
I read a comment on reddit about SGS getting complacent after stomping Garena with TPA... and I have to agree. They pretty much threw the game from the picks/bans screen. However, Saigon Jokers are going out pretty fast in October unless they can come up with some serious cheese.

CLG.eu vs. Azubu Frost was pretty awesome. I felt like CLG.eu made some pretty silly mistakes though.

I just came on by to introduce my NA alias of Pyloncrafter. No worries, it's not too relevant unless people decide to add me from here. I wanted to do some Refer-a-Friend stuff but I doubt Molk and co. would be all too interested. //shrug

CLG.eu vs. Azubu Frost was pretty awesome. I felt like CLG.eu made some pretty silly mistakes though.
Both teams made some pretty silly mistakes, just Azubu Frost made them in games 1-2 and CLG.eu games 3-5 :( But I don't mean to disparage Azubu Frost -- they were really good, clean matches of skill, and to come back from 0-2 is really impressive.

In the end the biggest disappointment to me was that the series ended in blind pick and Froggen didn't play Anivia. Azubu Frost had such a better lategame and got ahead so early that all CLG.eu could hope for was a throw, since they're at least good at capitalising on those. Even so far behind they still did pretty well in the teamfights, just not 'well enough'. Maybe if they had gone with Tristana (which Yellowpete had selected for ages) and Anivia (which Froggen also nearly went with) then things might've been different, idk.

I got to see a lot of Krepo Leona though :) (Even more enjoyable to me than Froggen's Anivia, although not by much, because I love CLG.eu's manmode initiate-heavy teamfighting and Krepo plays Leona like a real man!) And MadLife's unconventional supports were pretty exciting, not to mention the massive plays in games 3-5. Guess Thorns was right about how good MadLife is! Azubu Frost were really impressive in general tbh; after the first two games, their play was a lot tighter than CLG.eu's and they deserved the win. Plus it's nice to see them make up for the last OGN finals (vs. Azubu/MiG Blaze).

Also, the start of game 5 was legitimately one of the strangest/most awesome things I've seen in LoL rofl. I guess we wouldn't've gotten to see it (probably) if the whole team hadn't let Yellowpete's Ashe arrow bait them in game 3 :p Imagine if it'd worked for them (CLG) though, that would've been huge.

Ashe/Leona truly give no fucks about laning phase~ Ashe/Sona the superior stunlock-at-level-6 lane though imo

Has anyone else been experiencing an absurd amount of dodges in ranked lately? I don't know if it's just been my luck the last week but I'm averaging 15-20 minutes before I can actually start a ranked game. I really, really want the ELO penalty back. Now people just dodge whenever they have a slightly unfavorable team match up, knowing how to counterpick isn't knowledge worth having anymore...

Has anyone else been experiencing an absurd amount of dodges in ranked lately? I don't know if it's just been my luck the last week but I'm averaging 15-20 minutes before I can actually start a ranked game. I really, really want the ELO penalty back. Now people just dodge whenever they have a slightly unfavorable team match up, knowing how to counterpick isn't knowledge worth having anymore...
I personally haven't, but on a related note, there is a hack that people are abusing (more often in higher ELO, like the 2000+ range). Basically, it lets you drop every player in a game simultaneously so it ends in a draw and nobody loses ELO. Some players have been using it to draw games that are already lost, saving them a ton of ELO in the long run.

so does Garen still exist?

I literally can't remember the last time I played with one but I don't think he's so bad that he's like troll status...

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, I'm interested in getting a competitive ranked 5v5 team together, if you are interested in joining add me on League of Legends (UncleSamsCabin) and shoot me a message there.

I am going to require that you at least play ranked to join the team (as in have played more than 40 or so ranked games) so that I know you have experience playing competitively and are used to the draft style. I'm also probably going to just take the four highest elo players who contact me with interest, though obviously I might have to adjust things a bit to take roles into account. The point of this team is really just to get to as high of an elo as possible, so keep that in mind if any of this seems "unfriendly" or what not.

Cheers
brb playing 32 ranked games

on a completely unrelated note i'm looking for duo q partners who are close to my 1380 elo, lemme know if you wanna

EDIT: 29 not 32 I forgot to count my losses lol

xenu

Banned deucer.
queue with me, my actual elo is 900 (bc of FEEDERS, BRs & NOOBS............) but skill-wise i'd place myself around 1800 at least

lol you can't be serious, I hope that's a joke post. i'll admit a lot of ELO is random and a lot of people are a little higher or lower than they should be but if you belong at 1800 theres no way you arent going legendary and carrying the fuck out of every 900 game no questions asked...

Walrein I'm a little lower than you at 1336 but I've been steady rising lately if you want to add me, I mostly play supports and ADCs. summ name is Dan232

Yeah, uh, I know 1800+ and Plat players. They completely butcher any game up until the 1600s. If you're that good, there's no reason you shouldn't be winning any carryable game at that level.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
At the moment our roster is:
-UncleSam (UncleSamsCabin/Mid or Jungle)
-HD (HiDef45/Top)
-imperfectluck (Luck Test/Ad Carry)
-Crux (Cruximus/Support)

As you can tell, we need a jungler (or less preferably a mid laner, as I could jungle if need be). If you main either of these roles please contact me on the League of Legends client. Please don't respond in this thread or on Smogon PM. Thanks.

Yeah, uh, I know 1800+ and Plat players. They completely butcher any game up until the 1600s. If you're that good, there's no reason you shouldn't be winning any carryable game at that level.
this is about accurate

i've only played ranked a few times but i screwed up my first few games and ended up at around 1200 and i'm now at 1500 from skill alone

if you're 1800 level then you should be able to carry the fuck out of 900 level games

tiensinoakuma did it quite easily on his smurf (hit 1900 after less than 40 games)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Patiently waiting for Team Smogon to hit gold so they can all get the Janna skin.

Will laugh at Crux if he doesn't get it.

What do you think the odds of me getting carried through my placement games and ending up gold are?

I figure if I just play passively and don't feed I can get lucky.

Honestly, I just learned loads of carry champs and smashed my way there. It is a bit of a slippery slope though. I'll go up to ~1500 then back down to ~1200 then sit at around ~1400 for a while. Of course there is a luck factor involved like all competitive games so just put a horse shoe around your neck and a four leaf clover in your pocket and you're good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)