League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I call myself a mid laner, but I only ever played Zyra, Lux, Anivia and Karthus.

Tried Akali, failed, Talon, failed, Kha, failed, Zed, mashed buttons in team fight too hard.

I remember playing Diana for the first time a while back and I had no idea what I was doing. After watching Scarra play her a few times, I picked Diana up again and she snowballs in a similar manner to when Akali snowballs. Super fun champion, and a champ I can pick against Fizz!

The champions I feel most comfortbale on are tanky bruisers that jump in and do aoe damage/cc/provide auras & debuffs, such as hecarim, nocturne, malphite, renekton, amumu, jarvan, and alistar/taric/leona for supports. I don't like playing mid much, largely because most of the traditional mids are very squishy and if you step out of position once you can die immediately. I alos don't have much patience to poke with a mid champ, although I don't mind playing the dog as part of a poke comp (hi5 to anyone who knows which of the 3 dogs in LoL I am referring to). I usually like ad more than mid because the lane is more interactive (at low elo at least) and almost all of the good ads have good escapes to get away if you get out of position or the enemies just jump on you.

What do you do when your support Blitz starts roaming, never picks up any kills, and leaves you to go solo vs cait+leona

I just got raged for that

I honestly do not know what I was supposed to do.

What do you do when your support Blitz starts roaming, never picks up any kills, and leaves you to go solo vs cait+leona

I just got raged for that

I honestly do not know what I was supposed to do.
Did he stack mana? If so, report him and hope he gets banned. Otherwise... Yeah I guess your best bet would be to follow him.

Vladimir and Miss Fortune are my main ones. They absolutely destroy the competition if you farm enough and take care to not get killed.

We need ranked dominion so badly.

That way I can have a ranking that judges me on how well I fight vs. other players instead of how much I have perfected the art of killing minions for 30 minutes.

We need ranked dominion so badly.

That way I can have a ranking that judges me on how well I fight vs. other players instead of how much I have perfected the art of killing minions for 30 minutes.
Have you seen normal draft dominion? There seems to be almost no demand for ranked dominion.

Have you seen normal draft dominion? There seems to be almost no demand for ranked dominion.
Normal draft dominion got destroyed by a bug that made dodging in draft dominion not have a penalty. It got fixed, but too late to bring people back to draft.

The Dominion thing is a vicious cycle-every now and then, a massive bug gets revealed (like the one that allows you to capture towers without channeling or having minions around), that doesn't get fixed because there aren't as many hardcore dominion players as summoner's rift players. Because the bug doesn't get fixed for a while, more players leave Dominion. This causes less players to be around next time a gamebreaking bug is found, which means less attention brought to it, which means more people leave the mode...ad infinitum.

And there's Kassadin. So yeah.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well most Dominion players just play blind pick because draft never really took off. We were promised support for the Dominion map when it was released, but it was gradually ignored more and more. Champions are incredibly unbalanced (see: Kassadin), and there's several bugs that have existed for months that haven't been fixed. If there's no demand it's because the people who were willing to play it exclusively or competitively have given up because Riot hasn't given the map the support and attention that was promised.

It's the same downward spiral that happened with Twisted Treeline and will probably happen with any other maps released in the future.

what is it that actually makes kass so strong in dominion? i've never been a fan of the game mode (too much time grinding arathi basin in wow), but i'm still curious.

what is it that actually makes kass so strong in dominion? i've never been a fan of the game mode (too much time grinding arathi basin in wow), but i'm still curious.
A few reasons:

1. His Riftwalk enables him to cross every wall on the map. Yes, even the one between the summoner platform into the lane outside the base.

2. There's no laning phase in Dominion, so he can't be denied.

3. Dominion players don't play him AP. They use, essentially, a Ryze build-Archangels, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, RoA-so that he can spam his ult as much as necessary to get around the map, he's tanky as fuck, and he gets to abuse his 3 second silence and AoE slow to the fullest.

Wow. Just wow.

In my last ranked game we literally never contested one of our own towers. We lost all of bot lane and top lane to split pushing, and we lost all our mid towers to getting aced. Then someone says "we have to turtle".

You can't turtle if you have no turrets to defend.

What do people think about support Karma now?

She still has no proper, reliable CC q_q I don't normally like playing stuff without CC. But Karma was actually hella fun, so I hope she still is.

What do people think about support Karma now?

She still has no proper, reliable CC q_q I don't normally like playing stuff without CC. But Karma was actually hella fun, so I hope she still is.
I imagine she'd be about as effective as support Lux/Morg/Orianna given that's who they were aiming for.

I personally think hard support Karma will probably be dead weight. Play her mid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)