League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

alliance is getting absolutely crucified on reddit for not taking KaBuM seriously

other than that i'm really happy that the competition is so close this year and we don't have an SK telecom scenario where one team just destroys everyone

KR teams are still on top seeing as the 3 teams finished 1st in their respective groups, but the skill gap is MUCH closer than it was last year which is only a good thing for the development of the game as a whole

KaBuM also really impressed me, especially with their lane mechanics (they got leads against every other team in the group in the laning phase) so this should push the LAN scene to be stronger in the coming year, as they already have some strong teams (Keyd Stars, paiN, CNB)

other than that i think the most surprising thing i have to say is that both blue and NJWS look surprisingly weak compared to their performances during OGN summer / KR playoffs respectively; deft was god-awful after 15 minutes in the game vs LMQ while dade's champion pool is once again a problem this tournament - shield on the other hand has just had really lackluster map movement in general

overall i'm very excited for the bracket stage, as this year's worlds is already better than last year's - of course you have to recognize samsung white as the favorites to win so far, but it's really anyone's game at this point

Last edited:
I'm not really convinced alliance is that great without wickd's irelia. They are literally 0% winrate without that champ, and even though this isn't exactly correlation into causation, wickd without irelia is an immense difference in pressure.

Kabum scared the shit out of me how fast they adopted the rotation game so quickly. They seemed to observe for only 2 days and it only took that much for them to correctly execute strats that even most na teams wouldn't be able to pull off...

I don't know about white shield but samsung most definitely were holding their cards back. It would be really dumb to show them off especially when they were already just winning their games with default picks/strats. I feel like that's how every good team should be: if you show everything in group stages, you're doomed in quaterfinals+.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
SSW > TSM 3-1 THE DREAM I BELIEVE TSM CAN WIN A GAME
SSB > C9 3-1
SHRC > EDG 3-2
Najin > OMG 3-1

really wish TSM got that #1 seed but at least they didn't get the KABUM D like alliance. No clue what to think about the EU teams after these group stages, I really wasn't impressed by Alliance other than that stomp vs najin, but even then najin is such an inconsistent team that something like this isnt really a shock to people who follow the KR scene

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I simply hope that in the end, it won't be a korean vs korean final because that's lame as shit. Out of that, I don't care about who wins the whole thing, but I don't expect upsets given the bo5 format.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
anybody else getting this? He's also the first champ in champ select..

also:
I simply hope that in the end, it won't be a korean vs korean final because that's lame as shit.
ur lame as shit. but no I kid njws is lame as shit so a kr vs kr final would be lame. but not because it's one region vs itself

I noticed that earlier when I was testing out jungle clears with a buddy. It was like that in champ select and I was like "wait is this a bug?"

RODAN

Banned deucer.
<+RODAN> Earthworm|Away
<+RODAN> wanna make a lord bet
<+RODAN> i bet c9 takes one game off blue
<+Earthworm|Away> RODAN
<+Earthworm|Away> i dunno
<+Earthworm|Away> maybe we can
<+Earthworm|Away> do an IRC nick bet
<+Earthworm|Away> where the loser must use the IRC nick of the winner's choice
<+Earthworm|Away> for several days
<+RODAN> lol
<+RODAN> alright
<+RODAN> im down
<+Earthworm|Away> idk if i want to take that bet tho
<+Earthworm|Away> even though i think blue will 3-0
<+Earthworm|Away> fine
<+JibaNOTHERE> =;=
<+Earthworm|Away> i will take it

just posting this here so i dont forget

RODAN

Banned deucer.
<+RODAN> Earthworm|Away
<+RODAN> wanna make a lord bet
<+RODAN> i bet c9 takes one game off blue
<+Earthworm|Away> RODAN
<+Earthworm|Away> i dunno
<+Earthworm|Away> maybe we can
<+Earthworm|Away> do an IRC nick bet
<+Earthworm|Away> where the loser must use the IRC nick of the winner's choice
<+Earthworm|Away> for several days
<+RODAN> lol
<+RODAN> alright
<+RODAN> im down
<+Earthworm|Away> idk if i want to take that bet tho
<+Earthworm|Away> even though i think blue will 3-0
<+Earthworm|Away> fine
<+JibaNOTHERE> =;=
<+Earthworm|Away> i will take it

just posting this here so i dont forget
* Earthworm|Away is now known as BustyNLusty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)