Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head / Headbutt
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Trick

So here's a "fun" set I came up with while waiting for the choice bug to be fixed. This specific set got a lot more viable now that you can't abuse double flinch with scarf. The basic idea is to pivot and flinch simultaneously, giving your next mon a (usually) safe switch. I use this with several mons that are very dangerous if they get in safely, and it works wonders. Since slow volt-turning is really bad in Linked, this is a statistically better replacement for it. The lack of attack investment reduces the chance that you will KO stuff with Iron Head, as well as increasing the number of potential times you can switch this in to pivot to something else.

Bulk up > PuP
Iron fist > Guts because you're better off running Macho brace to outspeed Rhyperior and Donkey's Magnezone. Bulk up lets you beat Talonflame btw
I guess i should let people know about that set :P

Magnezone @ Macho Brace
Ability: Analytic/Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Metal Sound
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

When i was teambuilding i realized my team was pretty weak to trick room and Clefable, and needed a check to Talonburd, so i created this monstrosity >:D
As some of you know Metal Sound + Flash Cannon is a dangerous combo and breaks through Clefable with ease, and decided to run analytic since most steels will assume it's magpull and stay in, and the extra power allow it to OHKO a surprising amount of things. The Macho Brace is key because it lowers Mag's speed to 56, and considering Mega Sableye for example has 30 base speed, it's minimum at lvl 100 is 58 speed, meaning Magnezone will outslow anything not named Mega Camerupt or holding a macho brace of their own. If you're worried about the evs messing up the Hidden power, don't worry ive tested it and it still works as hp fire despite the altered evs. This set also counters Talonburds that lack flare blitz (yes they do exist and are viable) or ones that are choice-locked into BB.

Not sure if this was posted earlier in the thread, but there's a pretty big glitch with this meta on showdown. Choiced pokemon can only use their linked pair once, but then it fails.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/linked-239146087
Choiced items used to work with links, although they might have "fixed" it, not sure

EDIT: I think the reason that choiced items don't work with linked moves is because of a bug I mentioned earlier about Assault Vest, where an attacking and status move could work together.
Stuff I said about AV and status moves working
The fix that was implemented might have caused all items that stopped certain moves from working to not link up. I have been told the choice bug is being fixed, however.

Last edited:
Choiced items used to work with links, although they might have "fixed" it, not sure

EDIT: I think the reason that choiced items don't work with linked moves is because of a bug I mentioned earlier about Assault Vest, where an attacking and status move could work together.

The fix that was implemented might have caused all items that stopped certain moves from working to not link up. I have been told the choice bug is being fixed, however.
The bug has now been fixed :D

Thoughts:
  • Expert Belt (or maybe Flame Plate?) is probably better on Victini than Choice Specs. Life Orb if it wasn't for the horrible, horrible recoil. You're getting your attacking stats and Speed boosted to dangerous levels anyways, so it'll pay off to be able to switch to whichever coverage move fits you at the moment.
  • Fusion Bolt should come before Fusion Flare so that Victini can make the most out of its STAB on a boosted Fusion Flare.
  • I think that White Herb should go on that Gorebyss. I assume the idea with Choice Scarf is to get that Smash safely Passed; thing is, then the opponent gets a free turn against -1 Victini, whose defensive typing is a really mixed bag, and is less bulky against neutral attacks at -1 than Gorebyss is. If you run White Herb, though, faster opponents will attack into Gorebyss, which (if alive) will get its boosts over to Victini. In essence, I'd rather have Gorebyss risk getting outsped than try to have -1 Victini tank an attack, so White Herb would be more valuable.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gorebyss: 141-166 (44.9 - 52.8%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 221-260 (64.8 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gorebyss: 207-244 (65.9 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 246-289 (72.1 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But yeah, it seems legitimately hard to stop once it gets set up (short of priority, but the two best priority users for stopping it are currently being looked at for banhammering). The only issue being whether you can safely set up.
thing is, most people have a d-dancer on their team, or something like it where they use a status move and then an attacking move. they use the one-hit move, Doom Herald survives, and voila, nigh unstoppable victini! P.S. Fusion flare with high SpA and STAB and choice specs is better than a fusion bolt as move 2. better coverage. Only thing to stop it is a dragonite or a garchomp.

Linked Revamped Viability Rankings

Made by Akumeoy, Chopin Alkaninoff, DarkeKnight, Gyarad0s, Hack_Guy, InfernapeTropius11, Jernmax, Pagoose, ScorrchingTheaph, Temperarious, TheBlueFiretruck, and myself.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Linked metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits. These pokemon define the metagame.

Talonflame

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Linked metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+

Clefable
Garchomp
Keldeo
Manaphy

A

Diancie-Mega
Gyarados-Mega
Jirachi
Landorus-T
Lopunny-Mega
Quagsire
Serperior
Thundurus
Victini
Weavile

A-

Altaria-Mega
Bisharp
Charizard-Mega-X
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Gengar
Gliscor
Kyurem-Black

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Linked metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+

Amoonguss
Heatran
Klefki
Latias-Mega
Latios
Metagross-Mega
Scolipede
Sharpedo
Slowbro-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega

B

Azumarill
Celebi
Charizard-Mega-Y
Cloyster
Crawdaunt
Dragonite
Gardevoir-Mega
Kabutops
Krookodile
Magnezone
Manectric-Mega
Mew
Mienshao
Politoed
Raikou
Rotom-Wash
Skarmory
Sylveon
Terrakion
Tyranitar
Zapdos

B-

Alakazam
Forretress
Gallade-Mega
Jolteon
Kingdra
Pinsir-Mega
Rhyperior
Shuckle
Starmie

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have a niche in the Linked metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon. These Pokemon exert a below average presence in the metagame

C+

Cresselia
Feraligatr
Gorebyss
Jellicent
Lucario
Slowbro
Whimsicott
Zoroark

C

Ambipom
Accelgor
Azelf
Uxie
Victreebel

C-

Ditto
Ninetales

Edits are complete, Hack you can edit OP viability rankings with this now.
Also great job to everyone who worked on this!

Last edited:
Here's another underrated mon: Mega Ampharos.

upload_2015-6-9_14-16-22.png

One of the reasons I love this is because of its electric typing. Talonflame can't really damage this thing. Assuming Banded Aerial Ace+Brave Bird:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 57-67 (14.8 - 17.4%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 113-133 (29.4 - 34.6%)
Even if Talonflame gets max rolls, Ampharos stays at around 50% and easily revenge kills it. This is the set I use:
Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

It's another member of my Trick Room team, and can sweep in conjunction with Conkeldurr. In fact, they synergize well together. Conkeldurr can take care of Weavile and Excadrill, while Mega Ampharos can remove Talonflame and Clefable. Which brings me to my next point: Mold Breaker.

This is such a great ability. If Charge Beam hits and gets the Sp.Atk boost, physically defensive Clefable is almost guaranteed to OHKO. Take a look:
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Charge Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 118-139 (29.9 - 35.2%)
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 211-249 (53.5 - 63.1%)
The two combine to do at least 95.5% with Stealth Rock, and unless both attacks get near minimum rolls, congrats! You just killed an Unaware Clefable.

Weavile's Ice Shard doesn't do that much, either.
252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 120-144 (31.2 - 37.5%)

Trick Room in general just got a huge buff in this meta because of the linked moves. Cresselia can TR+Lunar Dance, Cofagrigus can TR+Memento, Diancie can TR+Explosion, etc. I think Trick Room teams really have a chance to shine in Linked.

Last edited:
Here's another underrated mon: Mega Ampharos.

View attachment 43867

One of the reasons I love this is because of its electric typing. Talonflame can't really damage this thing. Assuming Banded Aerial Ace+Brave Bird:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 57-67 (14.8 - 17.4%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 113-133 (29.4 - 34.6%)
Even if Talonflame gets max rolls, Ampharos stays at around 50% and easily revenge kills it. This is the set I use:
Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

It's another member of my Trick Room team, and can sweep in conjunction with Conkeldurr. In fact, they synergize well together. Conkeldurr can take care of Weavile and Excadrill, while Mega Ampharos can remove Talonflame and Clefable. Which brings me to my next point: Mold Breaker.

This is such a great ability. If Charge Beam hits and gets the Sp.Atk boost, physically defensive Clefable is almost guaranteed to OHKO. Take a look:
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Charge Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 118-139 (29.9 - 35.2%)
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 211-249 (53.5 - 63.1%)
The two combine to do at least 95.5% with Stealth Rock, and unless both attacks get near minimum rolls, congrats! You just killed an Unaware Clefable.

Weavile's Ice Shard doesn't do that much, either.
252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 120-144 (31.2 - 37.5%)

Trick Room in general just got a huge buff in this meta because of the linked moves. Cresselia can TR+Lunar Dance, Cofagrigus can TR+Memento, Diancie can TR+Explosion, etc. I think Trick Room teams really have a chance to shine in Linked.
Electric Terrain + Volt Switch is another cool link for MAmphy, particularly when paired with another powerful electric type.

Made by Akumeoy, Chopin Alkaninoff, DarkeKnight, Gyarad0s, Hack_Guy, InfernapeTropius11, Jernmax, Pagoose, ScorrchingTheaph, Temperarious, TheBlueFiretruck, and myself.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Linked metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits. These pokemon define the metagame.

Talonflame

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Linked metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+

Clefable
Garchomp
Keldeo
Manaphy

A

Diancie-Mega
Gyarados-Mega
Jirachi
Landorus-T
Lopunny-Mega
Quagsire
Serperior
Thundurus
Victini
Weavile

A-

Altaria-Mega
Bisharp
Charizard-Mega-X
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Gengar
Gliscor
Kyurem-Black

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Linked metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+

Amoonguss
Heatran
Klefki
Latias-Mega
Latios
Metagross-Mega
Scolipede
Sharpedo
Slowbro-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega

B

Azumarill
Celebi
Charizard-Mega-Y
Cloyster
Crawdaunt
Dragonite
Gardevoir-Mega
Kabutops
Krookodile
Magnezone
Manectric-Mega
Mew
Mienshao
Politoed
Raikou
Rotom-Wash
Skarmory
Sylveon
Terrakion
Tyranitar
Zapdos

B-

Alakazam
Forretress
Gallade-Mega
Jolteon
Kingdra
Pinsir-Mega
Rhyperior
Shuckle
Starmie

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have a niche in the Linked metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon. These Pokemon exert a below average presence in the metagame

C+

Cresselia
Feraligatr
Gorebyss
Jellicent
Lucario
Slowbro
Whimsicott
Zoroark

C

Ambipom
Accelgor
Azelf
Uxie
Victreebel

C-

Ditto
Ninetales

I strongly believe Ditto should be moved up the viability rankings, notably to B rank. Many people think Ditto will be counter-productive in this tier, simply because of the prevalence of choice scarf means it can't reliably outspeed as many threats as it could in standard. However in practice the opposite of this is true. Ditto has a variety of uses such as checking Talonflame, invalidating the use of choice-less setup sweepers (especially megas, i remember one time i swept my opponents team with just a Ditto - impostering DD mega gyarados), and some other trivial uses such as checking their moveset and such. Ditto is a surprisingly good Pokemon that i feel doesn't deserve the pitiful rank of C-

I'll post some replays later if anyone wants any.

I strongly believe Ditto should be moved up the viability rankings, notably to B rank. Many people think Ditto will be counter-productive in this tier, simply because of the prevalence of choice scarf means it can't reliably outspeed as many threats as it could in standard. However in practice the opposite of this is true. Ditto has a variety of uses such as checking Talonflame, invalidating the use of choice-less setup sweepers (especially megas, i remember one time i swept my opponents team with just a Ditto - impostering DD mega gyarados), and some other trivial uses such as checking their moveset and such. Ditto is a surprisingly good Pokemon that i feel doesn't deserve the pitiful rank of C-

I'll post some replays later if anyone wants any.
Please do post those replays, I haven't seen ditto in action that much and would like to see if it can do anything interesting.

Gimmick

Electric potential
I think it'd be cool to list the most popular/viable links of each Pokemon in the viability rankings thread so that it's easier to introduce the metagame to people who want to learn it, much like the Inheritance viability rankings thread. I have decent knowledge of Linked so I can certainly try to start it maybe?

Talonflame (Brave Bird + Acrobatics, Brave Bird + Roost, Brave Bird + Aerial Ace)

A+

Clefable (Cosmic Power + Moonlight, Cosmic Power + Wish)
Garchomp (Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail, Earthquake + Dragon Tail) i havent seen anything else on this
Keldeo (Scald + Secret Sword, Hydro Pump + Secret Sword)
Manaphy (Tail Glow + Scald)

A

Diancie-Mega (Moonblast + Diamond Storm) havent seen anything else
Gyarados-Mega (Dragon Dance + Waterfall, Dragon Dance + Crunch)
Jirachi (Iron Head + Headbutt, Iron Head + Zen Headbutt, Body Slam + Iron Head, Trick Room + U-turn)
Landorus-T (Smack Down + Earthquake, Knock Off + U-turn, Earthquake + U-turn, Rock Polish + Swords Dance)
Lopunny-Mega (Frustration + High Jump Kick, Power-Up Punch + Last Resort, Fake Out + Power-Up Punch, Fake Out + STAB)
Quagsire (Curse + Recover, Scald + Recover, Scald + Earthquake, STAB + Recover)
Serperior (Leaf Storm + HP Fire, Leaf Storm + Giga Drain)
Thundurus (Thunder Wave + Taunt, Thunderbolt + Volt Switch, Nasty Plot + Thunderbolt)
Victini (V-create + U-turn, Sunny Day + V-create)
Weavile (Knock Off + Assurance, Power-Up Punch + Assurance)

A-

Altaria-Mega (Dragon Dance + Return, Dragon Dance + Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice + Fire Blast)
Bisharp (Swords Dance + Knock Off, Knock Off + Iron Head)
Charizard-Mega-X (Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance + Flare Blitz, Swords Dance + Tailwind)
Excadrill haven't seen this outside of sand, uneducated
Ferrothorn (Leech Seed + Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock + Spikes, Leech Seed + Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave + Stealth Rock)
Gengar (Sludge Wave + Shadow Ball) haven't seen anything else
Gliscor (Substitute + Toxic, Agility + Baton Pass)
Kyurem-Black (Fusion Bolt + Ice Beam, Outrage + Ice Beam, Outrage + Fusion Bolt) haven't seen anything else

B+

Amoonguss haven't seen at all
Heatran (Substitute + Will-o-Wisp, Stealth Rock + Roar, Fire Blast + Earth Power) haven't seen this much, just guessing
Klefki (Light Screen + Reflect, Thunder Wave + Spikes)
Latias-Mega haven't seen
Latios haven't seen
Metagross-Mega (Hone Claws + Meteor Mash, Meteor Mash + Zen Headbutt)
Scolipede haven't seen
Sharpedo haven't seen
Slowbro-Mega (Calm Mind + Slack Off)
Tyranitar-Mega (Dragon Dance + STAB)

B

Azumarill (Belly Drum + STAB, STAB + STAB)
Celebi haven't seen
Charizard-Mega-Y haven't seen
Cloyster (Shell Smash + Icicle Spear) havent seen much
Crawdaunt havent seen
Dragonite havent seen
Gardevoir-Mega havent seen
Kabutops (STAB + STAB, Swords Dance + STAB)
Krookodile (Power-Up Punch + Assurance, Knock Off + Assurance)
Magnezone (Metal Sound + STAB)
Manectric-Mega (Thunderbolt + Volt Switch, Overheat + Volt Switch, Hidden Power Ice + Volt Switch)
Mew havent seen
Mienshao (Fake Out + U-turn) havent seen anything else
Politoed havent seen
Raikou (Thunderbolt + Volt Switch)
Rotom-Wash havent seen
Skarmory (Defog + Stealth Rock, Stealth Rock + Spikes, Hazard + Whirlwind) havent seen much
Sylveon (Echoed Voice + Hyper Voice)
Terrakion (SD + Close Combat, STAB + STAB)
Tyranitar havent seen
Zapdos (Roost + Volt Switch, Defog + Roost, Agility + Baton Pass)

B-

Alakazam (Encore + Disable) havent seen anything else
Forretress idk
Gallade-Mega idk
Jolteon (Thunderbolt + Volt Switch)
Kingdra (STAB + STAB)
Pinsir-Mega (SD + Return)
Rhyperior havent seen
Shuckle Stealth Rock + Sticky Web
Starmie havent seen

C+

Cresselia havent seen
Feraligatr (Dragon Dance + Waterfall)
Gorebyss (Shell Smash + Baton Pass)
Jellicent havent seen
Lucario (Extreme Speed + Bullet Punch, SD + Close Combat)
Slowbro (Calm Mind + Slack Off)
Whimsicott havent seen
Zoroark havent seen

C

Ambipom (Fake Out + U-turn, Fake Out + Double Hit)
Accelgor havent seen
Azelf havent seen
Uxie (Trick Room + U-turn)
Victreebel havent seen

C-

Ditto
Ninetales havent seen

Obviously didn't catch everything, but I think I hit some regularly seen sets. Let me know if I'm being totally out of bounds here in this suggestion!

EDIT: oops did I just tag/alert every single person in the original post by quoting it? Lol if I did, sorry about that.

I think it'd be cool to list the most popular/viable links of each Pokemon in the viability rankings thread so that it's easier to introduce the metagame to people who want to learn it, much like the Inheritance viability rankings thread. I have decent knowledge of Linked so I can certainly try to start it maybe?

Obviously didn't catch everything, but I think I hit some regularly seen sets. Let me know if I'm being totally out of bounds here in this suggestion!

EDIT: oops did I just tag/alert every single person in the original post by quoting it? Lol if I did, sorry about that.
That's a good idea actually. It'd be something like this.

Talonflame (Acrobatics/Aerial Ace + Brave Bird , Brave Bird + Roost)

A+

Clefable (Cosmic Power/Calm Mind + Moonlight)
Garchomp (Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail , Dragon Tail + Roar/Earthquake)
Keldeo (Hydro Pump/Scald+ Secret Sword)
Manaphy (Tail Glow + Surf/Scald)

A

Diancie-Mega (Moonblast + Diamond Storm)
Gyarados-Mega (Dragon Dance + Crunch/Waterfall)
Jirachi (Iron Head + Headbutt/Zen Headbutt , Trick Room + U-turn)
Landorus-T (Smack Down + Earthquake , Knock Off + U-turn , Swords Dance + Rock Polish)
Lopunny-Mega (Fake Out + Baton Pass , Return/Frustration + High Jump Kick)
Quagsire (Curse/Stockpile + Recover)
Serperior (Leaf Storm + Giga Drain/HP Fire , Substitute + Leech Seed)
Thundurus (Taunt + Thunder Wave , Nasty Plot + Thunderbolt)
Victini (V-Create + U-turn , Fusion Bolt + Fusion Flare)
Weavile (Power-Up Punch + Assurance)

A-

Altaria-Mega (Dragon Dance + Return/Frustration)
Bisharp (Swords Dance + Knock Off/Iron Head)
Charizard-Mega-X (Dragon Dance + Flare Blitz/Dragon Claw)
Excadrill (Swords Dance + Iron Head/Earthquake)
Ferrothorn (Stealth Rock + Leech Seed/Spikes)
Gengar (Shadow Ball + Sludge Wave/Focus Blast)
Gliscor (Substitute + Toxic)
Kyurem-Black (Outrage/Dragon Claw + Fusion Bolt)
These are only S and A ranks, because doing them all is a pain (and I haven't used many of those pokes). So if you got a better link, feel free to add them.

Last edited:
Just so this is quotable:

Made by Akumeoy, Chopin Alkaninoff, DarkeKnight, Gyarad0s, Hack_Guy, InfernapeTropius11, Jernmax, Pagoose, ScorrchingTheaph, Temperarious, TheBlueFiretruck, eviolite goomy and M'joe'ra.

A+

Clefable (Cosmic Power/Calm Mind + Moonlight/Wish)
Garchomp (Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail, Dragon Tail + Roar/Earthquake, Rest+Sleep Talk)
Keldeo (Hydro Pump/Scald+ Secret Sword, Hydro Pump + Scald)

A

Diancie-Mega (Moonblast + Diamond Storm, Moonblast + Earth Power)
Jirachi (Iron Head + Headbutt/Zen Headbutt/Body Slam, Trick Room + U-turn)
Landorus-T (Smack Down + Earthquake, Knock Off/Earthquake + U-turn, Swords Dance + Rock Polish)
Lopunny-Mega (Fake Out + Baton Pass/Power-Up Punch, Return/Frustration + High Jump Kick, Power-Up Punch + Last Resort)
Quagsire (Curse/Stockpile/Scald + Recover)
Serperior (Leaf Storm + Giga Drain/HP Fire/HP Ice , Substitute + Leech Seed)
Thundurus (Taunt + Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot + Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt + Volt Switch)
Weavile (Power-Up Punch + Assurance, Icicle Crash + Assurance, Swords Dance + Knock Off)

A-

Altaria-Mega (Dragon Dance + Return/Frustration, Dragon Dance + Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice + Fire Blast/Echoed Voice)
Bisharp (Swords Dance + Knock Off/Iron Head, Swords Dance + Rock Polish)
Charizard-Mega-X (Dragon Dance + Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Dragon Claw)
Ferrothorn (Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Spikes, Substitute, Thunder Wave. Pick two.)
Kyurem-Black (Outrage/Dragon Claw + Fusion Bolt, Ice Beam + Earth Power)

B+

Amoonguss (Clear Smog + Giga Drain)
Heatran (Substitute + Will-O-Wisp/Roar)
Latias-Mega (Calm Mind + Roost/Stored Power/Dragon Pulse)
Latios (Psyshock + Draco Meteor)
Scolipede (Substitute + Swords Dance/Iron Defense)
Sharpedo (Super Fang + Brine)
Tyranitar-Mega (Dragon Dance/Hone Claws + Stone Edge/Crunch)

B

Azumarill (Belly Drum + Waterfall/Play Rough, Waterfall + Play Rough)
Celebi (Nasty Plot + Baton Pass)
Charizard-Mega-Y (Flamethrower/Fire Blast + Air Slash)
Cloyster (Shell Smash + Icicle Spear)
Crawdaunt (Knock Off + Crabhammer)
Dragonite (Dragon Dance + Fire Punch/Earthquake/Dragon Claw)
Gardevoir-(Hyper Voice + Psyshock/Echoed Voice)
Kabutops (No idea)
Krookodile (Power-Up Punch/Knock Off + Assurance)
Magnezone (Metal Sound + Flash Cannon/Volt Switch)
Manectric-Mega (Thunderbolt + Volt Switch, Overheat + Volt Switch, Hidden Power Ice + Volt Switch)
Mew (No idea)
Mienshao (Fake Out + U-Turn)
Politoed (No idea)
Rotom-Wash (Hydro Pump + Volt Switch, Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp + Confuse Ray)
Skarmory (Defog + Stealth Rock, Stealth Rock + Spikes, Stealth Rock/Spikes+ Whirlwind)
Sylveon (Fake Tears/Echoed Voice + Hyper Voice)
Terrakion (Swords Dance + Close Combat, Stone Edge + Close Combat)
Tyranitar (Dragon Dance/Hone Claws + Stone Edge/Crunch)
Zapdos (Defog + Volt Switch/Roost, Agility + Baton Pass)

B-

Alakazam (Encore+Disable)
Forretress (Stealth Rock + Spikes)
Gallade-Mega (No Idea)
Jolteon (Fake Tears + Thunderbolt)
Kingdra (Hydro Pump + Scald/Draco Meteor)
Pinsir-Mega (Quick Attack + Feint, Swords Dance + Return, Return + Close Combat/Earthquake)
Rhyperior (Smack Down + Earthquake)
Shuckle (Stealth Rock + Sticky Web)
Starmie (Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psyshock, Hydro Pump. Pick two.)

C+

Cresselia (Trick Room + Lunar Dance)
Jellicent (No idea)
Lucario (Endure + Extremespeed, Extremespeed + Bullet Punch, Swords Dance + Close Combat)
Whimsicott (Substitute + Leech Seed)
Zoroark (Nasty Plot + Night Daze)

C

Ambipom (Fake Out + U-Turn/Double Hit, Knock Off + U-Turn)
Accelgor (No idea)
Azelf (No idea)
Uxie (Trick Room + U-Turn)
Victreebel (Growth + Weather Ball)

C-

Ditto
Ninetales (No idea)

Made by Akumeoy, Chopin Alkaninoff, DarkeKnight, Gyarad0s, Hack_Guy, InfernapeTropius11, Jernmax, Pagoose, ScorrchingTheaph, Temperarious, TheBlueFiretruck, eviolite goomy and M'joe'ra.

A+

Garchomp (Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail, Dragon Tail + Roar/Earthquake, Rest+Sleep Talk)

A

Landorus-T (Smack Down + Earthquake, Knock Off/Earthquake + U-turn, Swords Dance + Rock Polish)
Lopunny-Mega (Fake Out + Baton Pass/Power-Up Punch, Return/Frustration + High Jump Kick, Power-Up Punch + Last Resort)
Thundurus (Taunt + Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot + Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt + Volt Switch)
Weavile (Power-Up Punch + Assurance, Icicle Crash + Assurance, Swords Dance + Knock Off)

A-

Altaria-Mega (Dragon Dance + Return/Frustration, Dragon Dance + Cotton Guard, Hyper Voice + Fire Blast/Echoed Voice)
Ferrothorn (Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Spikes, Substitute, Thunder Wave. Pick two.)

B+

B

Kabutops (No idea)
Mew (No idea)
Politoed (No idea)
Skarmory (Defog + Stealth Rock, Stealth Rock + Spikes, Stealth Rock/Spikes+ Whirlwind)

B-

Gallade-Mega (No Idea)
Pinsir-Mega (Quick Attack + Feint, Swords Dance + Return, Return + Close Combat/Earthquake)

C+

Jellicent (No idea)
Lucario (Endure + Extremespeed, Extremespeed + Bullet Punch, Swords Dance + Close Combat)

C

Accelgor (No idea)
Azelf (No idea)

C-

Ditto
Ninetales (No idea)

Aight, will make a few changes and add this to the OP asap
(changes will be in regards to the sets)

I think I asked about Ninetales when I first started following this thread ages ago.
I think it had a large multitude of viable sets including; Overheat + Power Swap, CM + Fire STAB, Specs Overheat + Fire Blast, Solar Beam + Fire Blast, etc.
With the coolest and most defined niche probably being Overheat + Power Swap.

I'll add some of the "no idea" link.

For Kabutops, it's the standard Swords Dance + Waterfall or Waterfall + Stone Edge.

For Mew, it has many possibilities because of its huge movepool. Substitute/Calm Mind/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot + Baton Pass, Taunt + Will-o-wisp, Defog + Stealth Rock, Trick Room + U-turn, and others I'm sure I missed.

For Gallade-Mega, it's Swords Dance/Knock Off/Psycho Cut + Close Combat

Jellicent can run Recover + Water Spout or Will-o-wisp + Recover

Accelgor can run Spikes + Final Gambit. Idk any other notable links.

For Azelf, it can be Stealth Rock + Explosion.

Also Doom Desire + U-turn for Jirachi.

Edit: Mew can't learn Agility.

Last edited:

A+

A

A-

B+

B

Kabutops (No idea)
Mew (No idea)
Politoed (No idea)

B-

Gallade-Mega (No Idea)

C+

Jellicent (No idea)

C

Accelgor (No idea)
Azelf (No idea)

C-

Ditto
Ninetales (No idea)

Someone needs to add LO Power Trick Shuckle. Right now.

252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 364-429 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Gyro Ball (146 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 423-499 (97.4 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 403-476 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 1919-2262 (646.1 - 761.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (lol)
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 637-751 (161.6 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 369-437 (116 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 858-1014 (264.8 - 312.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 194-229 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
oh no!
0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shuckle: 60-72 (24.5 - 29.5%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO
wait nvm

The unfortunate downside to this is set is of course it's atom-thick physical defense:
252+ Atk Splash Plate Magikarp Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Shuckle: 240-284 (98.7 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Or perhaps if you're feeling fruity you can link power trick + shell smash.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 281-331 (81.6 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 595-702 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 461-543 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 325-383 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 402-473 (126 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(Warning: Batteries, Hax, and Trick Room not included)

Last edited:
Someone needs to add LO Power Trick Shuckle. Right now.

252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 364-429 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Gyro Ball (146 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 423-499 (97.4 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 403-476 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 1919-2262 (646.1 - 761.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (lol)
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 637-751 (161.6 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 369-437 (116 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 858-1014 (264.8 - 312.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 194-229 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
oh no!
0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shuckle: 60-72 (24.5 - 29.5%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO
wait nvm

The unfortunate downside to this is set is of course it's atom-thick physical defense:
252+ Atk Splash Plate Magikarp Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Shuckle: 240-284 (98.7 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Or perhaps if you're feeling fruity you can link power trick + shell smash.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 281-331 (81.6 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 595-702 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 461-543 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 325-383 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

2 252+ Atk Life Orb Shuckle Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 402-473 (126 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(Warning: Batteries, Hax, and Trick Room not included)
It'll actually be better with Trick Room. 5 Speed OP.

Is there a reason to use Brine over Assurance with Sharpedo? Brine's BP is higher, yes, but it requires rocks support to be reliable and Sharpedo's higher Attack stat makes Assurance outdamage neutral foes anyways.

In any case, Super Fang looks like a good move. If you can deal at least 1/6 of the foe's HP with whatever you put after it, that's a 2HKO (I can post the math for this if necessary) provided you're not up against a Ghost-type.

In particular, Sharpedo's reliable switch-ins with Super Fang+Assurance are limited to Granbull, Krookodile, and Scrafty, with Chesnaught and support Tyranitar being shakier. Shame it gets usually OHKOed by whatever it doesn't OHKO. Sets with Brine have a few more answers in Water Absorbers, though notably, I see no overlap between the lists.

This brings me to Toxicroak. Physical defensive investment lets it counter Keldeo and Manaphy, and it can help answer rain in general. It gets Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch, which you could link together to answer Weavile, Gengar, and other Scarf users, or at least deal heavy priority damage to them. Drain Punch and Gunk Shot as STABs round out its coverage, the latter having a chance to OHKO Unaware Clefable with a Life Orb. Has anyone tried out Toxicroak yet?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Is there a reason to use Brine over Assurance with Sharpedo? Brine's BP is higher, yes, but it requires rocks support to be reliable and Sharpedo's higher Attack stat makes Assurance outdamage neutral foes anyways.

In any case, Super Fang looks like a good move. If you can deal at least 1/6 of the foe's HP with whatever you put after it, that's a 2HKO (I can post the math for this if necessary) provided you're not up against a Ghost-type.

In particular, Sharpedo's reliable switch-ins with Super Fang+Assurance are limited to Granbull, Krookodile, and Scrafty, with Chesnaught and support Tyranitar being shakier. Shame it gets usually OHKOed by whatever it doesn't OHKO. Sets with Brine have a few more answers in Water Absorbers, though notably, I see no overlap between the lists.

This brings me to Toxicroak. Physical defensive investment lets it counter Keldeo and Manaphy, and it can help answer rain in general. It gets Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch, which you could link together to answer Weavile, Gengar, and other Scarf users, or at least deal heavy priority damage to them. Drain Punch and Gunk Shot as STABs round out its coverage, the latter having a chance to OHKO Unaware Clefable with a Life Orb. Has anyone tried out Toxicroak yet?
Life Orb is still bad in Linked lol, but Toxicroak sounds like an anti-meta threat for sure. It would probably fit well in B or B- Rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)