Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to throw it out there, there are a few useful tips found hidden in the pages of this thread that were not in the guide. Such as a picture of the grid, much helpful, and also knowing that the grid moves when you do. At first I thought the grid remained solid, and the Y factor (you) was only in reference to when you restarted the radar. =P

Despite my best attempts and the advice from both the guide, this thread, and a friend, I have a hard time getting above 25. I go extra careful after I hit about 15 in the chain but always seem to miscount or not recognize a good/bad grid pattern. Meh. I get frustrated after a few chain breaks and give up. I salute those who can sit and chain for days.

After starting a chain with a pokeradar pokemon only, are the chances of it breaking greater, even when following the guide?

No idea. Its obvious that Radar-only Pokemon are harder to find, though.

Haven't had much luck with chaining since the Skitty. I even had a Shinx chain break at 39!

Keep or re-chain:

dpmfsa336.png

Adamant Nature:

1: 20/22/11/27/28/26

2: 21/28/24/2/24/15

Dusk ball, is the first one useful? And what would you do; chain more or quit ?
I would chain about 200 over the course of a month, fail to meet my expectations, then give up.

No, wait, that was SBP8.

It depends, really. I'd be content with the first.

I would chain about 200 over the course of a month, fail to meet my expectations, then give up.

No, wait, that was SBP8.

It depends, really. I'd be content with the first.
OK...thanks for the answer, I will continue =) Because I captured only 30 shinies =p

I just smashed my previous record and got an early shiny at 5! Old record was 17 (set twice actually).

Sentret - Adamant
24 | 8 | 12 | 20 | 20 | 14

I'm actually going for Jolly. Pretty fail any way you slice it though (for a pink sentret that is).

I was going for Brave, but whatever.
dpmfsa204.png

Pineco - Impish
24 l 8 l 19 l 20 l 4 l 26

If only if only the SpD IV and Speed IV switched. And, god, why the annoying SpA IV? *sob*

I just smashed my previous record and got an early shiny at 5! Old record was 17 (set twice actually).

Sentret - Adamant
24 | 8 | 12 | 20 | 20 | 14

I'm actually going for Jolly. Pretty fail any way you slice it though (for a pink sentret that is).

lol. I've gotten a shiny at 2 :) I think my brother had one at the very beginning of the chain but I'm pretty sceptical about that tale

Katherine - Decent IV's in the wrong places, story of every chainer's life. I feel your pain. :(

Lightsabre - Hmm, that story does sound suspicious. Witch hunt, anyone?

Oh boy I'm currently at a chain of 56 Ariados'. I think I'll stop around 80.
dpmfsa168.png
What an awesome shiny sprite, they'll be in Heal Balls.

Working on Scythers who will be Scizors. Nest, Luxury, Ultra, or Dusk: which would be the best-looking ball?

I'm at a chain of 42 Electrikes and have 3 shinies so far, capturing in Dive Balls. Oh by the way I think I hold the most earliest shiny appearance award if there ever was one, at 1(Baltoy if anyone wanted to know).

I'm at a chain of 42 Electrikes and have 3 shinies so far, capturing in Dive Balls. Oh by the way I think I hold the most earliest shiny appearance award if there ever was one, at 1(Baltoy if anyone wanted to know).
Lol, I've had a shiny at one two. Immuise :(. At least I managed to fluke timid even though I had an adamant sync and got a 31 stat :P

dpmfsa280.png

Ralts - Modest
22 l 3 l 14 l 24 l 29 l 16

Yes! This is my best chain yet, but I was going for Calm, but Modest works as well. Expect to see this around other forums, as I don't have a Smogon trade thread yet. Caught in Heal Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back