Spe: [B]80[/B]
BST: [B]510

[/B][U]Type Matchups:
[/U][B]Immune: [/B]Ground, Psychic
[B]x.5: [/B]Grass, Ghost, Dark
[B]x1: [/B]Normal, Fire, Water, Fighting, Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon, Steel
[B]x2: [/B]Electric, Ice, Rock

[U]Abilities
[/U][B]Pigeon Heart: [/B]Pokemon's Defense cannot be lowered.
[B]Dustproof: [/B]Pokemon is unaffected by weather.
[B](Dream World) Breakable Armor: [/B]When hit by a physical attack, Pokemon's Attack is lowered but Speed increases. 

[U]Level-Up Moves[/U]
Lv1: Gust
Lv1: Leer
Lv1: Fury Attack
Lv1: Pluck 
Lv5: Fury Attack
Lv10: Pluck 
Lv14: Nasty Plot
Lv19: Flatter 
Lv23: Faint Attack
Lv28: Punishment 
Lv32: Defog
Lv37: Tailwind
Lv41: Air Slash
Lv46: Dark Pulse
Lv50: Embargo
Lv51: Bone Rush 
Lv57: Whirlwind
Lv63: Brave Bird
Lv70: Mirror Move

[U]Egg Moves[/U]
Steel Wing
Mean Look
Roost
Scary Face
Knock Off
Fake Tears

[U]TM/HM Learnset
[/U]TM06 - Toxic 
TM10 - Hidden Power 
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect 
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return 
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade 
TM44 - Rest 
TM45 - Attract 
TM46 - Thief 
TM48 - Troll 
TM59 - Complete Burn
TM63 - Embargo 
TM66 - Payback 
TM67 - Get Even 
TM68 - Giga Impact 
TM77 - Psych Up 
TM87 - Swagger 
TM88 - Pluck 
TM89 - U-Turn 
TM90 - Substitute 
TM94 - Rock Smash
TM95 - Back Out
HM01 - Cut 
HM02 - Fly

[U]New Move Data:
[/U][B]Troll: [/B]
Normal-type, Special
15 PP, 60 BP, 100 Accuracy
The more Pokemon on your team that have this move, the more powerful it becomes.

[B]Complete Burn:
[/B]Fire-type, Special
15 PP, 30 BP, 100 Accuracy
Destroys the opponent's Berry.

[B]Get Even:
[/B]Normal-type, Physical
5 PP, 70 BP, 100 Accuracy
Power increases if teammate was KO'd last turn.

[B]Back Out:
[/B]Dark-type, Special
15 PP, 55 BP, 95 Accuracy
May decrease opponent's SpAtk by one stage.
Barujiina is one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. What a cool design! Who can resist the charm of an all-female cavewoman condor?

Pros:
Bulky! 110/105/95 defenses are nothing to scoff at. With max EV investment, Barujiina reaches 424 HP, 339 Def, and 317 SpDef. She also has base 80 Spe, not bad for a defensive Pokemon.

Typing! Barujiina can come in on Choiced Earthquakes and Psychic attacks all day. Her Dark typing and high SpDef mean she can take Ghost-type moves from heavy hitters like Shanderaa. She also laughs at Jaroda and other Grass-types.

Abilities! Probably not a big deal, but the ability Pigeon Heart to retain your Def stat is helpful if you're a defensive Pokemon. Dustproof means Barujiina takes no damage from Hail and Sandstorm, meaning less residual damage to worry about. Breakable Armor isn't great for Barujiina, but a boost to that 80 base Spe isn't harmful.

Moves! Barujiina is one of the few Pokemon who get Roost, now that it's no longer a TM. She also has a plethora of support moves: Knock-Off, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Mean Look, Toxic, Taunt, Torment, U-Turn, etc. She learns Brave Bird and Payback as powerful STAB moves.

Cons:
Pathetic offensive stats! 65 Atk and 55 SpAtk are horrible, there's no avoiding that. Barujiina's weak attacks mean scary threats can come in on her with ease, force her out, and begin to wreck havoc.

Typing! Being a Flying-type isn't easy. Barujiina will take 25% damage from Stealth Rock. This may turn out to not be so bad depending on what happens to Rapid Spin. Is it unblockable now or something? I don't know. Still, being stripped of so much health is awful for a defensive Pokemon.

Potential Movesets:

...I'm bad at making up movesets, so bear with me. This is by no means perfect, possibly not even good at all, but here's my idea.

Barujiina @ Leftovers
Ability: Dustproof
Nature: Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Moves:
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock-Off/Payback/Brave Bird

A classic defensive phazer. Barujiina's job is to be a sponge for your team. Careful nature is chosen because the types that Barujiina resists (Psychic, Grass, and Ghost) are more often seen from the Special side. Whirlwind can get rid of Pokemon silly enough to try to set up on her. She can spread Toxic and heal herself in one turn thanks to Roost. Knock-Off is a great move that gets rid of your opponent's item, great for removing Leftovers from slow walls. Payback is an option for a move with wide type coverage, while Brave Bird hits harder.

Yeah, this is kind of a bad set, but I'm sure things will settle out when the metagame calms down. I can imagine sets that will run Spe EVs, since 80 Spe is decent.

Your turn!

The name is pretty obviously meant to be Vultina (as in vulture).

So many nice support moves but with those attack stats I can't see it doing that well. It really needs nightshade or seismic toss or something to be able to actually be threatening. I'd probably run knock off over payback on that set since stripping their team of items seems more useful than trying to hit things with that pathetic atk stat.

edit: now that I think about it, Vultina has a unique combination of knock off (stab even), a phase, and reliable recovery so it would actually be pretty nice to have on a stall team.

I'd advise running Brave Bird over Payback, since it works well with Roost, and it's super effective against Erufuun and neutral against Leperasedu, who both get priority Taunts and will probably be popular anti-stall pokemon.

Another very cool pokemon. Brave Bird and Bone Rush should be plenty, not every pokemon needs to focus on raw damage. I'm looking forward to using Barujiina.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's anti psychic abilities seem really cool, and even though Tyranitar switches in with impunity it isn't like Pursuit is going to dent it. However, its terrible typing is going to make it like a faster, less specially bulky Umbreon with reliable recovery and a SR weak. I could envision it being a really solid UU but nothing beyond that at this point.

To be honest I'd be tempted to make it Taunt fodder and run Sub/Roost/Toxic/Taunt or something like that. Bulky but shoddy offenses might just be the end of it.

I fucking love the design though.

OK, so this might be slightly off-topic but its name has been translated as "Vuljina" and it is all-female. Anyone else? No? OK.

Anyway, seems like a decent but not wonderful defensive pokémon.

Im surprised you didn't mention she can learn Knock-Off which would be even more helpful in a support role, she has enough bulk and speed to knock-off anyone and completely ruin the whole point of its set!

I don't know if this has been confirmed but Breakable shell, her dream world ability, not only boosts speed but attack and sp.attack, this + pretty good bulk and her decent speed would make her pack quite a punch (ok..just hurt a little more..)!

Barujiina @ Leftovers
Ability: Dustproof/Breakable shell (maybe just for the little attack boost)
Nature: Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk) or Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Moves:
- Whirlwind/Brave Bird (if you for some reason will rely on BA)
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock Off

P.S: Yeah i just copy paste your Set as the EV Spread is perfect the way it is imo ,and changed Payback for Knock Off as your role is mainly poisoning as much as you can, knocking off and phaze, phaze, heal, repeat.

I don't know if this has been confirmed but Breakable shell, her dream world ability, not only boosts speed but attack and sp.attack, this + pretty good bulk and her decent speed would make her pack quite a punch (ok..just hurt a little more..)!
I think you may be confusing the move Shell Break (+2 Atk, SpAtk, and Spe, -2 Def and SpDef) for the ability Breakable Armor (+1 Spe, -1 Def).

I think you may be confusing the move Shell Break (+2 Atk, SpAtk, and Spe, -2 Def and SpDef) for the ability Breakable Armor (+1 Spe, -1 Def).
*facepalm* thanks for the information man, whoa they really seem to be the same thing.

I Really like this girl (yeah 100% female) so i thought on some gimmicky movesets for a pokemon with stats that are "strictly" for a defensive pokemon.

Barujiina
Ability: Breakable Armor
Item: Life orb/ Leftovers
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA, 180HP, remaining in speed (I'm not liking my spread so if anyone can give you a better one use it)
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball/HP fire (?)
-Roost

Of course Barujiina is not designed to be played as a Sweeper, but any pokemon with acces to Nasty Plot is tempting!

With its extremely nice Bulk, Barujiina can be sent outh against a Psychihc type or anything that force a switch (if she looks threatening enough to force a switch that is...) and gain a turn to Nasty Plot, also maybe her somewhat good speed will give her enough time to roost and make her only weak against fighting and bug types.

Just an idea, remember our girl is not meant to be a sweeper so it should be taken as a gimmicky set not as a serious one, add it to the OP if you wish =).

Noctowl: Nocty has acces to Hypnosis, which is a big plus over Barujiina, noctowl can also set up reflect and maybe make up for its pathetic physical defense.Apparenltly now noctowl can cheer up(no pun intended) to boost its OK SpA after landing Hypnosis and make him a little scary which makes him more suited, imo, for try and sweep.

Barujiina: Our girl has an interesting typing and some excellent stalling moves like taunt, torment and knock off, she also has a better physical defense and is a little faster than Nocty.

Dust Proof is the main benefit of using Barujiina over Noctowl, in my opinion. She can play in the Sand and Hail, while maintaining Leftover recovery, which is not to be taken lightly.

For the set listed in the OP, maybe Back Out would be the best move for the set. You're not damaging a lot, even with a high powered move like Brave Bird, and Back Out lets you do 'some damage', but also increases your ability to stall things like a Vaporeon's Ice Beam. Depending on how frequent the SpAtk drop is of course.

A Nasty Plot set will almost never work, because even a +2 Hidden Power Fighting won't come close to OHKOing 4HP Tyranitar in the Sand. And it will never break Blissey.

A cool Pokemon that wishes it had a couple more support moves, or just slightly higher offenses.

So this guy has a great stat spread, a very workable movepool, a useful ability in Dust Proof and no glaring weaknesses. Why can't I picture it being useful in OU? What can it counter?

Anyway I Tailwind got a buff to 4 turns instead of 3 turns, so maybe a set like this would be useful?

Barujiina @ Leftovers
Impish 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Brave Bird
Roost
Tailwind
U-Turn

Could be really useful and give this guy a niche over skarm/hippo ect.

I really like this Pokemon. When I first saw it, I didn't think its stats would be so defensive. Its definitely unique for being a bulky flying type supporter (opposite of Wargle).

I've got a potentially useful (read as horribly gimmicky) set based around Punishment.

Barujiina (M) @ (Leftovers)
Ability: Pidgeon Heart
EVs: 92 HP, 252 Defense, 168 Special Defense
Impish Nature
- Punishment
- Swagger
- Flatter
- Roost

Alternatively:
Barujiina (M) @ (Leftovers)
Ability: Breakable Armor
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swagger
- Psych Up
- Roost

Why can't I picture it being useful in OU? What can it counter?
Probably because although its quite unique enough compared to say Honchkrow, those offenses don't make it particularly threatening.

In fact thats what I can't seem to find about this guy, any semblance of threat. I don't see anything particularly noteworthy in terms of damage, setup, support here. Even Knocking off with this guy doesn't seem terribly appealing given so many other things can do it too.

There could be some kind of fun though if you run maybe Substitute/Roost/Whirlwind/Bravebird though. I'm not a big fan of U-Turn on this guy, he obviously has the defenses to take a hit and shuffle abit but hes not setting the world alight with U-Turns off that attack and speed. Knock Off over Sub is an option I guess.

A bulky Honchkrow with crappy attack stats.

80 base Spe is really underwhelming. I can only really see this being a stallbreaker that becomes Taunt bait for a lot of things faster than it.

Since Barujina/Vuljina is all-female, and most people will be using male Pokemon in competitive battling, some creative people might consider Attract as an option. I'm just kinda predicting the future, though...
Anyway, she seems pretty cool. It sucks that she has bad offensive stats and her (seemingly) best moveset is similar to Noctowl, but she has good typing, great defenses, and Dust-Proof. Unfortunately, I don't think her advantages are going to save her from NU.

Taunt deserves a slash, at least. Taunt + Dust Proof + Whirlwind + Roost should help a lot against stall and bulky offense alike. 80 base speed is substantial with investment, although you'll probably want to invest in defenses.

On second thought on the vulture I did find an interesting moveset he can utilize.

Barujina@Leftovers
Dustproof
Bold/Relaxed 252HP/252def/4 s.atk
-Roost
-Nasty Plot/Whirlwind/Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Back Out

Interesting move Back Out, although its weak at 55 power Barujina does get STAB on it. However its the side effect that is interesting as it has a 100% chance of lowering opponents s.atk by -1. Taunt stops stuff trying to setup on you while Roost lets you stall out even the best physical sweepers.

Now I don't know about you but when Barujina's main weaknesses are getting electrified or frozen Back Out actually accompanies its defenses very well and can setup for other more fragile sweepers to get a switch in. It cancels out boosts from Specs users trying to get in and helps against special based scarf users.

OK, so this might be slightly off-topic but its name has been translated as "Vuljina" and it is all-female. Anyone else? No? OK.
lol
No one else saw this?

Anyway, Toxic is going to be its main attacking move with those underwhelming attack stats. Something standard like Roost/Toxic/Whirlwind/Bark Out would be decent.

My pr0 Vuljina surviving under pressure and against hax:

Start of turn 5
Ditto used Heat Wave!
The foe's Sazandora avoided the attack!

The foe's Sazandora used Dark Pulse!
Ditto lost 96 HP! (32% of its health)
Ditto fainted!

GravityZero sent out Barujiina!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Sazandora used Charge Beam!
It's super effective!
Barujiina lost 130 HP! (36% of its health)
Barujiina lost part of its armor!
Barujiina's Defense fell!
Barujiina's Speed rose!
Barujiina used its Red Card on the foe's Sazandora!
The foe's Morobareru was dragged out!

Barujiina used Nasty Plot!
Barujiina's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Start of turn 7
Barujiina used Air Slash!
It's super effective!
The foe's Morobareru lost 61% of its health!

The foe's Morobareru used Spore!
Barujiina fell asleep!

The foe's Morobareru restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
Barujiina is fast asleep!

The foe's Morobareru used Ingrain!
The foe's Morobareru planted its roots!

The foe's Morobareru absorbed nutrients with its roots!

Start of turn 9

The foe's Morobareru used Substitute!
The foe's Morobareru made a substitute!

Start of turn 10
Barujiina woke up!
It's super effective!
The foe's Morobareru's substitute faded!

The foe's Morobareru used Giga Drain!
It's not very effective...
Barujiina lost 54 HP! (15% of its health)
Barujiina had its energy drained!
Barujiina's Speed rose!

Start of turn 11
The attack of Barujiina missed!

The foe's Morobareru used Spore!
Barujiina fell asleep!

Start of turn 12

Barujiina lost 57 HP! (15% of its health)
Barujiina's Speed rose!

Start of turn 13

Barujiina lost 56 HP! (15% of its health)
Barujiina's Speed rose!

Start of turn 14
Barujiina woke up!
It's super effective!
The foe's Morobareru lost 62% of its health!

Barujiina lost 54 HP! (15% of its health)
Barujiina's Speed rose!

Start of turn 15
It's super effective!
The foe's Morobareru lost 55% of its health!
The foe's Morobareru fainted!

sent out Jarooda!

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
The foe's Jarooda lost 81% of its health!

The foe's Jarooda used Leaf Blade!
Barujiina lost 9 HP! (2% of its health)
Barujiina fainted!

(btw, i won that match despite the hax)

Another match, Vuljina gets a partial sweep in (I had hax on my side this time):

sent out Selfe! (Uxie)

Start of turn 8
The foe's Selfe used Night Burst!
Zekrom lost 150 HP! (43% of its health)
Zekrom fainted!

GravityZero sent out Barujiina!

Start of turn 9
called Selfe back!
sent out Terakion!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Terakion used Holy Sword!
Barujiina lost 184 HP! (43% of its health)
Barujiina's Speed rose!
Barujiina used its Red Card on the foe's Terakion!
The foe's Selfe was dragged out!

Barujiina used Hidden Power!
The foe's Selfe lost 5% of its health!

The foe's Selfe restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
Barujiina used Dark Pulse!
It's super effective!
The foe's Selfe lost 45% of its health!

The foe's Selfe flinched!

Start of turn 12

The foe's Selfe used Toxic!
The attack of the foe's Selfe missed!

Start of turn 13
Barujiina used Dark Pulse!
It's super effective!
The foe's Selfe lost 66% of its health!
The foe's Selfe fainted!

sent out Roobushin!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Roobushin used Mach Punch!
Barujiina lost 124 HP! (29% of its health)
Barujiina's Speed rose!

It's super effective!
The foe's Roobushin lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Roobushin fainted!

sent out Terakion!

Start of turn 15
Barujiina used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Terakion lost 56% of its health!

The foe's Terakion used Holy Sword!
Barujiina lost 115 HP! (27% of its health)
Barujiina fainted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)