Mandibuzz

I'm surprised no one has listed a SubRoost set yet. It's a shame she doesn't get Pressure, but Dustproof has its uses on a Sandstorm team especially to wear down the opponent with some Toxic support.

Barujina@Leftovers
Dustproof
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Roost
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Whirlwind/ Knock Off/ Payback

The last slot is really a toss-up depending on whether you want to pHaze for entry hazard damage, annoy mixed sweepers by stripping their Life Orb or getting rid of Blissey's Leftovers, or hitting faster pkmn for a little damage.

Overall, I see her as a new Umbreon with Roost instead of Wish.

Barujina seems made for perish trapping.
Is there are bulkier perish trapper with instant recovery and guaranteed leftovers in any weather?

110/105/95 defences are bulky as hell: Walrein is 110/90/90, Garchomp is 108/95/85, Swampert is 100/90/90 and all take a beating.
Those stats, Dustproof, decent speed and Roost (which drops all three of its usual 2x weaknesses provided it's faster) seems useful for surviving a few turns.

Totally out of the ether:

Vultrap

Impish/Careful Dustproof Barujina
~Mean Look
~Perish Song
~Roost
~Protect/Taunt/Tail Wind*/Rock Tomb*

* for kicks ... fast Roost is nice when it halves damage

The questionable usefulness of Perish Trapping aside (might be quaint with nukes like Scarf-Shadow Tag Shandera around), Barujina is probably best built for it.
SubRoost (posted above) seems like a reasonable firt as well, esp with immunity to damaging weather and Torment/Taunt/Whirlwind.

It's defenses are really nice so it's a shame it doesn't seem to get enough support moves to make its refusal to die count.
I actually think its movepool is more of a letdown that the non-existent offence.

The perish song trapper set sound really cool and the only other poke that i can think of that runs a set similar to this is lapras.

The idea of a bulky persish trapper actually sounds legit I.M.O.

He looks like the best Perish Trapper in the game to me. Bulk, a reliable recovery move and decent typing. He doubles as a bulky phazer.

Roosting switches it's weaknesses to just Fighting and Bug.

I couldn't think of what to do with this Pokemon, but I think this should work out great.

Cool. If anyone actually tries trapping on PO let's hear how it fares.
Barujina should tank neutral physical hits just a bit less efficiently than Hippowdon and should take special attacks a helluva lot better.
That ought to be a tough Pokemon to beat on a timer.

Yeah i've faced a few on PO, and it is not an easy pokemon to take down, thing is so much bulkier than I ever expected.

Yeah i've faced a few on PO, and it is not an easy pokemon to take down, thing is so much bulkier than I ever expected.
Agreed, this thing is basically a Skarmory with mixed Defenses and a different type. Granted, the fact that it doesn't have Skarmory's great typing or Spikes means that it probably won't be too high in OU, but it definitely has the potential to be a great mixed wall in UU.

He looks like the best Perish Trapper in the game to me. Bulk, a reliable recovery move and decent typing. He doubles as a bulky phazer.

Roosting switches it's weaknesses to just Fighting and Bug.

I couldn't think of what to do with this Pokemon, but I think this should work out great.
Barujinia is awesome. Just held back by terrible offensive stats. Too bad she can't learn Baton Pass to pass those Nasty Plot boosts, and with Breakable Armour she can pass the speed boost to frail special sweepers such as Alakazam or Porygon-Z (The drop in defense hardly matters since they are so frail, especially the former) and let them sweep; it's just a pity she doesn't learn Baton Pass. And btw, Barujinia is technically a "she" since she is 100% female.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait a minute, where are you guys finding Perish Song in this thing's movepool? I don't see it there on serebii. It's not in the OP either.

Wait a minute, where are you guys finding Perish Song in this thing's movepool? I don't see it there on serebii. It's not in the OP either.
lol, this is definitely my fault.
I saw it on Bulbapedia, at least I thought I did.
So, I went back and checked and it definitely isn't there.
And without Perish Song, yeah, no Perish Trapping...lol

I guess Barujina's back to being a very bulky Pokemon that's not anle to do much with it's sturdiness.
It can clone Britscor (Taunt, Toxic, Roost, U-Turn/Knock Off) or pull of several variants of SubRoost and that's probably about it.

Being a defensive wall immune to Sandstorm and Hail is a pretty kickass ability. It retains its Leftover recovery.

Its one of the few things that could possibly run bark out, to make it easier to toxic stall out strong special attackers. U-turn is also a somewhat gimiky option, that helps you run away from potential taunters, or escape the dreaded wobbuffet

I ran Taunt / Toxic / Roost / Brave Bird with Toxic Spikes support from Tentacruel. Toxic is really the only way Tentacruel can beat the Pokemon it's walling. This guy shone on my team since it can switch in on so many attacks and pretty much shuts down many attackers and walls alike - Gengar, Hippowdon, Birijion etc. It's impressive bulk allowed it to live a crit Stone Edge from Warubiaru once haha.

How about a set to just stall and annoy your opponent and your counters?

Barujiina @ leftovers w/Breakable Armor
252 HP/184 Def/16 SpDef/58 Spe

-Torment
-Taunt/Protect
-Toxic
-Filler

Ev's are random aswell as the set b/c i didn't have much time.

um no? dustproof is a really good ability
Agreed, for a support pokemon this is great. It fits in on weather teams really well (obviously); most walls that aren't a favorable type on a weather team don't gain damage through Leftovers, so this is big.

Why not Breakable Armor? It speeds you up which is always helpful for support Pokemon.
Another good point. I used to think Breakable Armor lowered defense to get speed but this ability is great, I'm glad I'm wrong.

Another good point. I used to think Breakable Armor lowered defense to get speed but this ability is great, I'm glad I'm wrong.
Wait, then what does Breakable Armor do? According to the Research Thread (and everything else) it lowers the user's Def 1 stage and raises Spe 1 stage when it's hit with a direct attack.

Wait, then what does Breakable Armor do? According to the Research Thread (and everything else) it lowers the user's Def 1 stage and raises Spe 1 stage when it's hit with a direct attack.
It's true on what Breakable Armor does. However, I wouldn't use it on Barujiana because it's a waste of its defensive capabilities, and it lacks the offensive stats to sweep effectively.

^ Immunity to passive damage from weather is always better. Barujiina is already fast enough to stall out the stuff it needs to.

Maybe I read something wrong...again. Sorry about that :(

In any case, Dustproof is definitely better, it gives it a lot of legroom on weather teams where it's not being gradually worn down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)